Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Guy Mann posted:

If you can't see the hypocrisy in getting indignant at people not engaging you on your terms when you refuse to engage them on theirs then I don't know what to tell you. Hope you're comfy up on your pedestal looking down on all those knuckled-dragging troglodytes with their snapchats and their network television sitcoms.
So we're supposed to sit a foot away from each other and text one another instead of speaking so that I can interact on their level?

chitoryu12 posted:

So yeah, you've joined yet another generation decrying this generation for not behaving in a way that didn't actually exist outside of rose-colored glasses for the good ol' days.
I am using some hyperbole to poke fun at others. At most I occasionally feel a mild annoyance when my brother and his wife spend more time prodding phone screens than they do interacting with their kids, me, and our mom when we go out to dinner.

A lot of people do seem to be getting touchy about having their phone use questioned though.

TLDR; I am not mad or even seriously serious but some phone behavior could still be considered rude if you're not on the spectrum

E: walla

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

If someone comes over to my house, or out somewhere with the sole intent of being social with me and proceeds to ignore me the whole time for their phone, yeah, I'll be pretty sore. Checking your texts is one thing, ignoring the person in front of you is another.

It's also different if you're just sitting around, ie: a regular day, not doing anything special or having a serious conversation.

Basically, don't be a rude gently caress. I'm considered a millrnial and still find this behaviour rude.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Stop arguing about cell phones and post content please.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Stop arguing about cell phones and post content please.

Don't piss off the thread mods! #ForumHAX

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨
Content!

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.
Would skipping breakfast so you can get another half hour of sleep be considered a life hack y/n

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Why not just... pour the beer into the cup?

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

Kaethela posted:

This is not the place for "logic" or "convenience."

not you specifically

Jyrraeth
Aug 1, 2008

I love this dino
SOOOO MUCH

use denim to shame your friends for daring to check for a single text at your next dinner party

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Witness the assless man and despair!
All futures point to a world of filled holes.

Palisader posted:

Hmmm yes, I definitely think this would work and not just end up with powdered sugar scattered everywhere like some sort of coke-fueled baking session.

Say hello to my little debbie!

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Kaethela posted:

Yah, it is super convenient thing to hide your alcohol on field trips in.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Shotgun your beer before the nonalcoholic event and not be a doofus.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

DemeaninDemon posted:

Shotgun your beer before the nonalcoholic event and not be a doofus.
Our field trips in primary school lasted a full day to two usually, you can't really shotgun enough beer for next 15-30 hours as an adult, what is there to say about 12-13 years old.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

e: frosting lifehacks! who doesn't love frosting
what the hell kind of color model is RGBY

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

kalstrams posted:

Our field trips in primary school lasted a full day to two usually, you can't really shotgun enough beer for next 15-30 hours as an adult, what is there to say about 12-13 years old.

Shotgun them in the bathroom or just mix vodka and water like a true alcoholic.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

DemeaninDemon posted:

life hack: just drink the vodka from the bottle

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

DemeaninDemon posted:

Vodka and water makes a diluted vodka, why? Teenage field trip go-to drink was pure ethanol mixed with orange juice. Also hiding whiskey flasks in bread loafs - you cut loaf open, carve some bread out, put the flask in, and close the loaf, and put all that thing in the store packaging - no one ever has thought to shag a loaf of bread on the bottom of the bag.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
The vodka and water is the alcoholics drink of choice. Cheap, easy, and it's easier to hide than regular ol vodka.

Whiskey loafs great though I wish I were that creative.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

DemeaninDemon posted:

The vodka and water is the alcoholics drink of choice. Cheap, easy, and it's easier to hide than regular ol vodka.
You have some wrong alcoholics, also why alcoholics would be hiding something to begin with.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

kalstrams posted:

Vodka and water makes a diluted vodka, why? Teenage field trip go-to drink was pure ethanol mixed with orange juice. Also hiding whiskey flasks in bread loafs - you cut loaf open, carve some bread out, put the flask in, and close the loaf, and put all that thing in the store packaging - no one ever has thought to shag a loaf of bread on the bottom of the bag.

I don't know what you mean by shag in this context but when you talk about shagging things with holes cut in them i think you might give some people the wrong mental image

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

willus posted:

I don't know what you mean by shag in this context but when you talk about shagging things with holes cut in them i think you might give some people the wrong mental image
Alright, let's go with shaking. :v:

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

1. Cut a hole in the loaf.
2. Pour your vodka into the loaf.
3. Shag the loaf...

...and that's the way you do it Ooooh.

Which reminds me of the ultimate alcoholic bread+alcohol life-hack:

Filter the poison from denaturated alcohol through a loaf of bread and enjoy :). Hint: don't actually do this ever.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Palpek posted:

1. Cut a hole in the loaf.
2. Pour your vodka into the loaf.
3. Shag the loaf...

...and that's the way you do it Ooooh.

This seems like a good way to get a yeast infection.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Jyrraeth posted:

use denim to shame your friends for daring to check for a single text at your next dinner party

It puts the phone in the pocket or else it gets no dessert again.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Cooking hacks

Yum

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨
ITT we argue vodka with a Slav.

Life Hacks from your cigarettes!

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE

I really like the addendum of the word "probably" in that last one.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

Lyfhackes

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Screaming Idiot posted:

I OWN A WALL OF TELEVISIONS EACH ONE TUNED TO A DIFFERENT CHANNEL AND I SIT BEFORE THEM MY EYES PINNED OPEN SO I CAN DRINK IN ALL THE WORLD'S INFORMATION WITH MY THIRSTY EYES AND SOON I SHALL HAVE ALL THE WORLD'S INFORMATION TRAPPED INSIDE MY SKULL WHERE IT MIXES WITH MY DELICIOUS BANDWIDTH AND THEN I SHALL VOMIT IT INTO YOUR BRAINS WHERE YOU SHALL BECOME MY ENLIGHTENED EQUALS AND THE COSMOS WILL BEND TO OUR WILL

lifehack: stay informed about world events by watching all television at once

Same but they're all showing Chronicles of Riddick.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I like. Chronicles of Riddick! :sweatdrop:

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

kalstrams posted:

why alcoholics would be hiding something to begin with.

Because you're at work and nobody is going to question a bottle of water, especially if you dump a bunch of that fruity "water enhancer" poo poo into it #alcohax

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Because you're at work and nobody is going to question a bottle of water, especially if you dump a bunch of that fruity "water enhancer" poo poo into it #alcohax
For work maybe, I mostly was going the school field trips there.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.
Why are all of you children getting drunk on field trips?????

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Meowjesty posted:

Why are all of you children getting drunk on field trips?????

Busket Posket posted:

ITT we argue vodka with a Slav.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
While we're talking liquor hacks, I saw years ago one presented by I want to say John Henson on his weird little show he had in-between talk soup and wipeout. He was complaining that you can't bring your own drinks into sporting events. So what you do instead is just take one of those big oversized foam finger things, and have it soak up a bunch of booze beforehand, and then just suck on the sponge felt at the event.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Why the hell would you do that when you can just hide a flask in it instead?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Kwyndig posted:

Why the hell would you do that when you can just hide a flask in it instead?
You could just smuggle small flask like people did with money from Soviet Russia (there was time you could not bring any cash out of it). Stack of coins in a condom, guess where.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Choco1980 posted:

While we're talking liquor hacks, I saw years ago one presented by I want to say John Henson on his weird little show he had in-between talk soup and wipeout. He was complaining that you can't bring your own drinks into sporting events. So what you do instead is just take one of those big oversized foam finger things, and have it soak up a bunch of booze beforehand, and then just suck on the sponge felt at the event.

yum!!!

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Choco1980 posted:

How do you then explain either your dripping foam hand or why you're sucking on it all the time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

My Lovely Horse posted:

what the hell kind of color model is RGBY

the kind that is useful for making colors of frosting with food coloring, which always comes in four bottle RGBY packs, duh