Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AmericanPsychonaut
Dec 5, 2005

Look at that subtle off-white coloring. The tasteful thickness of it. Oh my God. It even has a watermark.

suicidesteve posted:

The Minister let me know when you're around so I can watch you play Magic!

I can be around Wednesday and Thursday afternoon and night (CST).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

The Shortest Path posted:

FingersMcLongDong, I will be around all day tomorrow and wednesday playing Dark Souls so I'll leave modo open

I can try to hop on for a bit Wednesday between 2 and 430 est, otherwise it'll be the weekend for me.

rinski
Sep 12, 2007

CompeAnansi when would you like to battle? I'm mostly available during the week, at random times during the day. Barring that I could probably make time after 6pm PDT or over the weekend.

Necronomicon
Jan 18, 2004

Static Equilibrium takes it 2-0. Protip: Don't mull to 3 in the first match.

fomo sacer
Feb 14, 2007

I win 2 - 0 over Necronomicon off the back of his mull to 3 game 1 and then me getting to vamp tutor basically every turn game 2.

Lonely Bridge
Apr 12, 2008

Lawnie posted:

Lonely Bridge, I'd love an excuse to stop doing dishes and laundry tonight, available for the next hour and a half until 10 eastern. After tonight I'm thinking Thursday is the next night I'm free.

I may be able to play on Thursday, but it's possible I'll be driving to the invitational at that time. If that's the case I don't think I'd be able to play until Sunday evening/Monday at best. Sorry, my schedule is a bit lovely this week.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

uruloki posted:

The Peavstenator, I can do nights Wednesday or Thursday, and then Sunday afternoon/evening.

I can be on MTGO tonight ~6 EST. If you post in here when you're ready I'll see it. Just a reminder that my MTGO is wrong in the listing, just "ThePeavstenator" like my user here. No spaces.

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer

Lonely Bridge posted:

I may be able to play on Thursday, but it's possible I'll be driving to the invitational at that time. If that's the case I don't think I'd be able to play until Sunday evening/Monday at best. Sorry, my schedule is a bit lovely this week.

Can you do tonight? I'll be home after 6:30 eastern and available all night.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

ThePeavstenator won 2-0

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

ThePeavstenator posted:

ThePeavstenator won 2-0

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

2/0 after I very skillfully had natural Tron 2 games in a row.

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
boco_T, I should be around all this weekend to play, especially in the evening post 8 pm EST.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Okay, I should have a medium amount of time tomorrow but any time Sunday would probably work best

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
Hellsau defeats MisterOblivious 2-0.

Turns out drawing as many Pristine Talismans as they draw Curse of the Pierced Hearts is good, and also drawing 7 Mountains 9 spells is suboptimal. Go Teachings go!

e: oh hey my 5-0 Goblins league decklist got posted:

http://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/399657#online

Please do not imitate me. I was testing out some sick metagaming stuff and loaded in with Goblins instead of Burn even though I'm reasonably drat sure I selected Burn. Won easily anyway, only dropping a game to Elves by flooding out. Yeah not sure why I keep losing games to my theoretical best matchups but whatever. Please don't play Sparkmage's Gambit. Also please don't play that horrendous 2R: +2/+0 firebreathing 1/2 for R goblin, because that thing looks like the slowest, most useless creature. If you're paying 3 mana just play a drat Heelcutter and win the game, and Goblins has no shortage of 2 power red creatures.

Hellsau fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Apr 16, 2016

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Fingers McLongDong posted:

I can try to hop on for a bit Wednesday between 2 and 430 est, otherwise it'll be the weekend for me.

I got hosed in the rear end by the DMV and can't work until ~thursday because I'm a delivery driver, so I'll be here all day today and tomorrow.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

The Shortest Path posted:

I got hosed in the rear end by the DMV and can't work until ~thursday because I'm a delivery driver, so I'll be here all day today and tomorrow.

No problem, I'll hop on tonight some time when it's too dark for yardwork. I'll post here before I do.

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Competence on the battlefield is a myth. The side which screws up next to last wins, it's as simple as that.

@Voyager1 I'm ready and able to go any time this weekend, lemme know.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
The Shortest Path I'll hop on in about 30 minutes if you see this and respond

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose

Boco_T posted:

Okay, I should have a medium amount of time tomorrow but any time Sunday would probably work best

Online now and for a while tonight if you want to play. Otherwise we can play tomorrow.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
The UFC should be done within about half an hour, then I'll sign on

EDIT: Or sooner. Fight's over, MTGO is updating.

Boco_T fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Apr 17, 2016

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Boco_T 0-2 checkplease

That means Goblin Storm ended up 0-4 in matches where I actually played Magic.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

always be closing I can do tomorrow evening

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

always be closing I can do tomorrow evening

Sounds great, I'm est, let me know at some point when to log in.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

always be closing posted:

Sounds great, I'm est, let me know at some point when to log in.

I know it's late, but can you do about 10:15?

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

I know it's late, but can you do about 10:15?

Yeah I'll try and stay up. If you don't see me by 10:45 then I'll scoop.

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Competence on the battlefield is a myth. The side which screws up next to last wins, it's as simple as that.

Where is the voyager man I wish to be dunked upon, although my window for tonight is rapidly closing.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
I'm here now, you still online?

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

always be closing posted:

Yeah I'll try and stay up. If you don't see me by 10:45 then I'll scoop.

Yeah, sorry, packing it in for the night. It's been a busy week for me too so I understand.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Yo nerds just play your matches in a reasonable time frame. This is the last round so we'll do top 8 then.

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Voyager takes it 2-1 because nothing's fair. Didn't even get to stone rain him.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Voyager 2-1 over TheLawinator

Playing the artifact draw engine deck vs a control deck that can't interact with artifacts feels pretty fair.

Also condolences to TheLawinator for making the probably correct play to Crypt Rats my board at 9 life only to find out I was holding two Galvanic Blasts.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Voyager I posted:

Voyager 2-1 over TheLawinator

Playing the artifact draw engine deck vs a control deck that can't interact with artifacts feels pretty fair.

Also condolences to TheLawinator for making the probably correct play to Crypt Rats my board at 9 life only to find out I was holding two Galvanic Blasts.

:vince:

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Yea I keep not having enough in my board to deal with aggressive decks or ones with reach I guess I'm dumb.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Kuldotha isn't particularly aggressive; its fastest typical line is a T2 card draw rock into a T3 2/x creature. It can just keep up with MBC in the war of card attrition and has the tools to keep your haymakers under control.

fomo sacer
Feb 14, 2007

I'm going to be out of the country for the next two weeks or so and probably won't be able to play any online wizard poker (I was not expecting to make the top 8!), so you can drop me at this point. Good luck to everyone else, though.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
The Shortest Path I can get on again tonight after 630 pm est, let me know something!

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I'll be there!

rinski
Sep 12, 2007

CompeAnansi and I will try to get our match in this afternoon/evening.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

suicidesteve posted:

Yo nerds just play your matches in a reasonable time frame. This is the last round so we'll do top 8 then.

Ok, I'll be on and off around today, always be closing, in case you find time to make it on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer

Lonely Bridge posted:

Can you play tonight?

• Locked thread