Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

703 posted:

Um, the only candidate who can properly eat pork on a stick?

Matt Drudge just got excited and doesn't know why.

Also:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

zoux posted:

I'm the single line for itemized deductions.

Just put in any number, theres no IRS to call you on it!

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Daniel Bryan posted:

Well that's typically what you do now, so i'd guess so.

I've never actually owed money, but I imagine nowadays they'd let you do an electronic check payment or use a debit card or something, right?

I'm assuming e-file here, I guess if you paper file you can still send a check.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

hobbesmaster posted:

Huh, once again my deductions are equal to my total tax liability!

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

hobbesmaster posted:

Or even process the card they all get sent straight to a garbage dump in New Mexico.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

WampaLord posted:

I've never actually owed money, but I imagine nowadays they'd let you do an electronic check payment or use a debit card or something, right?

They do but I usually just send in a check via certified mail.

Speaking of which I need to send that poo poo out tomorrow.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

WampaLord posted:

You can pay online, it's just inconvenient and you have to get some whacky PIN and make sure you're paying for the correct year or things get easily screwed up.

It's honestly easier just to send a check.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Daniel Bryan posted:

Well that's typically what you do now, so i'd guess so.

You can pay online, which is coincidentally something I'm doing right now. Making a check payable to "United States Treasury" is fun, though.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Paradoxish posted:

You can pay online, which is coincidentally something I'm doing right now. Making a check payable to "United States Treasury" is fun, though.

Yeah, I owed this year. At lot, actually. Don't know how it got that hosed up.

We have to file to setup a payment plan.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

drat I had no idea how many USPollers were straight up ballers.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

CommieGIR posted:

Yeah, I owed this year. At lot, actually. Don't know how it got that hosed up.

We have to file to setup a payment plan.

If you can find a different way to pay it besides a payment plan, I very much recommend it. The interest they charge you is completely ridiculous.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

zoux posted:

Hey, I'm just self employed. I have to do this four times a year. :(

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

gradenko_2000 posted:

How about Martin O'Malley?

If he weren't a total poo poo on race towards the end of his time as Baltimore mayor I'd love him without reservation. :3:

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

zoux posted:

gently caress H&R Block, Intuit, and all its ilk forever for lobbying against pre-filled tax forms and simpler taxes in general.

They're on my poo poo list right above the vending machine lobby for keeping us stuck with some of the ugliest, non-disabled-friendly currency on the planet.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

I owed $35 this year on my taxes; out-bloody-rageous.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Combed Thunderclap posted:

They're on my poo poo list right above the vending machine lobby for keeping us stuck with some of the ugliest, non-disabled-friendly currency on the planet.

Pretty much every vending machine I've seen now accepts credit cards and quite a few even accept stuff like Apple Pay. If they are being a detriment it's probably because there's a lot of existing infrastructure that provides inertia.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Combed Thunderclap posted:

How is the Vending Machine lobby a bigger force in congress than the blind people's lobby?

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Everblight posted:

How is the Vending Machine lobby a bigger force in congress than the blind people's lobby?

A ton of blind people these days just say "gently caress cash" and do everything on credit/debit cards. It helps that online banking is blind accessible even when physical receipts aren't.

So basically they no longer care about what goes on with cash, it's no longer their problem as far as they're concerned.

Edit: There's also that American currency remains valid pretty much forever. So even if they got all new paper currency changed to different sizes tomorrow, they'd still be dealing with old single-size money for a decade plus on a regular basis, and often enough to cause problems for quite some time afterwards.

fishmech fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Apr 13, 2016

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

El Scotch posted:

I owed $35 this year on my taxes; out-bloody-rageous.

Add 2 zero's to that :sigh:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

A Winner is Jew posted:

Me but $40
What infuriates me is nothing has changed other than I stopped my ACA Healthcare when I got a new job. I got shafted.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Apr 13, 2016

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

A Winner is Jew posted:

and then double it :sigh: :sigh:

thanks a lot, AMT

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

zoux posted:

I always want to contribute when housing chat comes up but I feel like my anecdotes are especially useless because I own a house in Los Angeles.

On the bright side, the state and federal tax boards decided to reward my poor judgment with a $4k refund this year.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Zeroisanumber posted:

Dayton's a good dude, but he's a mushmouth and picks dumb fights. Guy is best left right where he is in MN.

Yeah, you shouldn't get in a fight with anyone who could slash your throat. However, I don't think it fair to hold a grown man accountable for all the fights he picked as a teen.

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

and then double it :sigh: :sigh:

thanks a lot, AMT

If you're liable to be hit by the AMT you will likely be one of the first against the wall

Also, hi again everyone after my bullshit weeklong probation for talking about a candidate in USPol

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May
Presented without comment.

https://twitter.com/SimonMaloy/status/720282508659560448

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

What is that man doing in his pocket?

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

What's UrbaTed even supposed to mean? Even with the color change, for a solid minute all I could read was [MAST]URBATED.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Sex Hobbit posted:

What's UrbaTed even supposed to mean? Even with the color change, for a solid minute all I could read was [MAST]URBATED.

Notice how the U doesn't ripple with the fabric the way the red letters on the right do?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Sex Hobbit posted:

This is why political cartoons have so many labels.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Consistent my rear end.

Ted Cruz Opposes Dildos

quote:

“There is no substantive-due-process right to stimulate one’s genitals for non-medical purposes unrelated to procreation or outside of an interpersonal relationship,” the brief noted.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
^^^^ darn you and my work's wi-fi

https://twitter.com/clmazin/status/720259227067920385?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

edit:\/\/\/
Was it earlier?

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Apr 13, 2016

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Whoa drat I can't believe this tweet hasn't been posted in this thread before! Seems like it would've been!

Old James
Nov 20, 2003

Wait a sec. I don't know an Old James!

zoux posted:

Whoa drat I can't believe this tweet hasn't been posted in this thread before! Seems like it would've been!

His freshman year college roommate has been very vocal on twitter about his hatred of Ted Cruz.

It is glorious!

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Old James posted:

His freshman year college roommate has been very vocal on twitter about his hatred of Ted Cruz.

It is glorious!

That guy better watch his back since he's loving with the zodiac killer.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

zoux posted:

Figuring it came out today, I'm guessing nobody had the chance yet.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Feldegast42 posted:

Figuring it came out today, I'm guessing nobody had the chance yet.

IT WAS POSTED A LONG TIME A GO

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

zoux posted:

IT WAS POSTED A LONG TIME A GO

Are you confusing USPOL with YCS Republican thread? The guys just tweeted it this morning.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Periodiko posted:

slacktivist scolds who would rather police language in inconsequential ways than actually accomplish meaningful change

Jesus these last few pages. Can we change the thread title/subforum name to the above?

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

You are be a TED. Soon we will all know the ciphers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Mr Hootington posted:

Are you confusing USPOL with YCS Republican thread? The guys just tweeted it this morning.

Well now I'm mad that I didn't post it myself :colbert:

{You're right, my bad)

zoux fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Apr 13, 2016

• Locked thread