Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Rabble posted:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, they need to take the RNG out of crafting. Every blueprint makes the same item with the same stats. Expand the pool of blueprints to include fire/stam/elec versions of everything. Talents come from special crafting material you get off drops that you can either bake into the initial craft or recalibrate later.

Save the RNG for loot drops and have them be consistently better than anything you can craft. Add in the ability to recalibrate talents similar to above using special crafting materials.

That way you can gear up to a basic level through crafting and can specialize into a build (because you would craft the specific blueprint you wanted) but you'd still want loot drops because they'll always be the best you can get for that color/quality.

Push gear attributes to mod slots and change recalibration so that you have to pay to add or change the mod. Give each mod a major and minor attribute and have them drop like rain from mobs.

This is still half-assing the problem with loot, a problem Massive still has.

They should either go full MMO loot and have all endgame gear handcrafted, fixed stats, unique talents, specific named gear on specific bosses' loot tables you can farm. With crafted gear bring the same as well. They should be alternatives or stepping stones.

Or you give us a proper loot grind and find a good balance of killing stuff and loot dropping often enough. Right now lot doesn't drop often enough, there's not much unique loot or use to branch out from SMG/m1a, etc.

Right now the loot system takes the worse off those two loot systems with none of the advantages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
why does everyone keep calling it Incursions, there's only 1

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Edmond Dantes posted:

My connection is not being helpful today so I still have like 8 hours to go, but I'll keep it in mind, thanks.

Make sure to hop into mumble. You can get bored goons or guys leveling alts to help you out in any mission. (Although if you follow the breadcrumbs you should be able to solo them fine).

Zethe
Jun 30, 2012
I was full yellow gear but stopped playing two weeks ago, I read I can now yet green gear for doing the same poo poo I did before, any reason to pick this back up?

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

Zethe posted:

I was full yellow gear but stopped playing two weeks ago, I read I can now yet green gear for doing the same poo poo I did before, any reason to pick this back up?

nah.

thebushcommander
Apr 16, 2004
HAY
GUYS
MAKE
ME A
FUNNY,
I'M TOO
STUPID
TO DO
IT BY
MYSELF

Zethe posted:

If you got the point just TWO weeks ago (3? 4? weeks after release) where you didn't want to play anymore then this update isn't going to be any different. They basically added new gear, a new mission that is a cluster gently caress and new ways to get gear easier I guess. Nothing else has changed from the original core mechanics of the game that everyone either loved or hated. This game is going to go the way of Borderlands 2 pretty quick in that people play through the initial leveling process...complain..quit..then wait for the DLC to drop, play that for a week, complain, quit again.. Rinse/Repeat. Actually it already has in many ways.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum
Is there a place to get a (good chance of, at least) 12x or 15x scope/blueprint? The BoO CQBSS is butts for sniping.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
You can buy two pieces of the Nomad set at the DZ06 safehouse. I ended up doing this because they are massive upgrades over what I currently have armor and statwise.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
This may be a dumb question, but did they actually fix Scavenging > 100% in the last patch? I'm guessing no?

thebushcommander
Apr 16, 2004
HAY
GUYS
MAKE
ME A
FUNNY,
I'M TOO
STUPID
TO DO
IT BY
MYSELF

Fishstick posted:

This may be a dumb question, but did they actually fix Scavenging > 100% in the last patch? I'm guessing no?

According to them scavenging isn't broken > 100% so no.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

thebushcommander posted:

So if I'm already over 100%, and I slap on two pieces of Nomad, am I even more hosed?

Also, why are the sets so underwhelming? Seems like the only thing they have going for them is the gearscore is higher. Putting on three pieces of Striker that are all worse in every way (stats, armor, no talents) seems like I'd get kind of hosed for a somewhat marginal benefit. Am I missing something or does Massive not know how to incentivize using sets?

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

thebushcommander posted:

Watched a dude roll 3 HiE First Wave M1A's yesterday the first two were poo poo and then he rolled one with like 10 below the max dmg roll and Balanced / Brutal / Stable Pretty sure he quit the game after that because it was like the best roll you'll ever see. When he tested it out in DZ he was headshot critting dudes for 2 million dmg or something ridiculous.
That's what is bumming me out, I'm also going to be vastly inferior to someone with more luck or a larger sock than me. My 72 div tech never saw balanced with a damage talent. Best I got was balanced/stable but its still nothing compared to that dudes roll.

Pre patch I blew 300 weapon parts on vectors and never saw 2 dmg talents. I use a Midas because it's better than any vector RNG ever gave me.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

eSporks posted:

That's what is bumming me out, I'm also going to be vastly inferior to someone with more luck or a larger sock than me. My 72 div tech never saw balanced with a damage talent. Best I got was balanced/stable but its still nothing compared to that dudes roll.

Pre patch I blew 300 weapon parts on vectors and never saw 2 dmg talents. I use a Midas because it's better than any vector RNG ever gave me.

I finally got Self-Preserved on the 16th (yes, you read that right!) Vector I rolled. The other perks were garbage.... :smith:

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Well now you can still not get useful guns as a drop, and to balance that you also can't craft them.

thebushcommander
Apr 16, 2004
HAY
GUYS
MAKE
ME A
FUNNY,
I'M TOO
STUPID
TO DO
IT BY
MYSELF

Chasiubao posted:

So if I'm already over 100%, and I slap on two pieces of Nomad, am I even more hosed?

Also, why are the sets so underwhelming? Seems like the only thing they have going for them is the gearscore is higher. Putting on three pieces of Striker that are all worse in every way (stats, armor, no talents) seems like I'd get kind of hosed for a somewhat marginal benefit. Am I missing something or does Massive not know how to incentivize using sets?

I have no idea really on scavenging, I was just relaying a response from a community dev in a twitch stream last week. I've only got like 89% scav and that's as high as I have gotten to so far. I am a lowly filthy 60hrs played casual though because videos games aren't my life.

As far as I can TELL set items have the ability to roll similar stats all around to normal HiE gear that was level 31 before whatever GS that was it's all up to RNG and I think that is from hard mode incursions (191 GS items) Challenging mode (204GS) should be better of course, but again rng can gently caress ya. The comparisons might be wrong though, not sure what they're supposed to equate to on yellows, plus if you factor in the set bonuses it should outweigh individual gear talents high ends had before.. even though they nerfed Striker set before it even came out :(

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

thebushcommander posted:

I have no idea really on scavenging, I was just relaying a response from a community dev in a twitch stream last week. I've only got like 89% scav and that's as high as I have gotten to so far. I am a lowly filthy 60hrs played casual though because videos games aren't my life.

I'm not going to go back and find the link, but some Reddit sperg apparently did two 500-chest trials for just shy of 100% scav, and ~130% scav. Based on his data (assuming it's actually legit), scavenging is indeed broken. Maybe they stealth-patched it, maybe they didn't. Either way, Massive has hosed up enough that it's inadvisable to believe what they say without some secondary form of verification.

thebushcommander
Apr 16, 2004
HAY
GUYS
MAKE
ME A
FUNNY,
I'M TOO
STUPID
TO DO
IT BY
MYSELF

LuciferMorningstar posted:

I'm not going to go back and find the link, but some Reddit sperg apparently did two 500-chest trials for just shy of 100% scav, and ~130% scav. Based on his data (assuming it's actually legit), scavenging is indeed broken. Maybe they stealth-patched it, maybe they didn't. Either way, Massive has hosed up enough that it's inadvisable to believe what they say without some secondary form of verification.

Yeah, I saw that posted here before...so who knows :(

You know what I've always wondered? When you get set on fire why can't you just do a tacticool roll and stop the burn? Ya know, Stop. Drop. and Roll. rather than patting your shoulder trying to put the fire out?

Edit: Could be worse, apparently Xbone players characters are being deleted after upgrading to 1.1...stupid console newbs..get a PC

thebushcommander fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Apr 13, 2016

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

thebushcommander posted:

Edit: Could be worse, apparently Xbone players characters are being deleted after upgrading to 1.1...stupid console newbs..get a PC

Too bad KFBR is on a probation. I'm missing his hot takes.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
Wow, this laggy piece of poo poo is unplayable on PS4.

tyrelhill
Jul 30, 2006
At least on PC i can watch a hacker kill me with a helicopter at a smooth, natural 60 fps

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Too bad KFBR is on a probation. I'm missing his hot takes.

He probably rage quit to DS3 after his character got deleted accidentally on purpose.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

thebushcommander posted:

They came out and said this was a server issue and have fixed it may be fixing it.

cage-free egghead fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Apr 13, 2016

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Lblitzer posted:

They came out and said this was a server issue and have fixed it.

I would looooove to hear what the fix was.

"Uhhhhh Bob, we have backups of the player files from before the patch, right?"

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Cyrano4747 posted:

I would looooove to hear what the fix was.

"Uhhhhh Bob, we have backups of the player files from before the patch, right?"

Apparently a corrupted server. It corrupted the saves so when the client went looking for them, all it found was the corrupted one so it went "whelp, nothing there I guess!".

Its not fixed yet, it'll be fixed after a yet unannounced server reset.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Snuffman posted:

a yet unannounced server reset

maybe that'll fix longass loading times too :cmon:

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.

thebushcommander posted:

Do you know exactly what was said here? There's so much misinformation and non-information about scavenging out there that I don't even know what's actually true.

From personal experience though, I've had scavenging up to 141% and have not really had good luck with yellows dropping pre-patch. The yellow drop rate must be so tiny that a 0 to 200% variance on top of that doesn't amount to much. If it indeed resets after 100%, then it'll be pretty annoying to re-arrange some scavenging gear and mods, argh. I don't even know if it's worth bothering with it now, maybe just for HE division tech and that's it.

Rearranging gear is annoying enough as it is since I have to equip my lovely but high GS stuff so pubbies won't kick you immediately. Then after awhile, I can safely switch to my lower GS but better rolled armor and purple M1A.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I can't even connect.

Literally unplayable.

Phrakusca
Feb 16, 2011

quote:

From now on killing a named NPC will grant you a guaranteed High-End drop! That’s right, you will now always get a High-End item from killing a named NPC of level 30+. The gear score of said High-End will be determined by the level of the NPC. For example, a level 30 named will guarantee a gear score 163 High-End.

Lmao so misleading. The little shits.

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

Yikes.

I was going to check in to see if it was still such a ridiculous loot-grind (consistently lower-level purpz in the DZ, getting capped by Players with much better gear or a mob of 4-5 of them on lil solo me) that made me start playing Warframe or if the patch made it worthwhile to play again.

I guess I'll check on Destiny.

Edit: What is the loot gear number you need for Incursions of Challenging missions now?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Egg Poacher posted:

Lmao so misleading. The little shits.

How is that misleading at all.

That seems extremely straight forward.

AbrahamLincolnLog
Oct 1, 2014

Note to self: This one's the shitty one
Bought this yesterday for $40 and I don't know why. I played in beta and was bored by the end of it, so I don't know why I thought that maybe the final game would be better.

My chief complaint was repetitiveness and welp, as expected, that didn't change at all.

I'm loving stupid.

Phrakusca
Feb 16, 2011

Dexo posted:

How is that misleading at all.

That seems extremely straight forward.

Well, if you're being sincere...

Because it would lead you to believe that a level 31 boss would guarantee an ilevel 31 (GS 182) drop and a level 32 boss would guarantee an ilevel 32 (GS 204) drop. The reality is tons of 163 items (from any DZ boss) and a few 182s.

thebushcommander
Apr 16, 2004
HAY
GUYS
MAKE
ME A
FUNNY,
I'M TOO
STUPID
TO DO
IT BY
MYSELF

Constellation I posted:

Do you know exactly what was said here? There's so much misinformation and non-information about scavenging out there that I don't even know what's actually true.

From personal experience though, I've had scavenging up to 141% and have not really had good luck with yellows dropping pre-patch. The yellow drop rate must be so tiny that a 0 to 200% variance on top of that doesn't amount to much. If it indeed resets after 100%, then it'll be pretty annoying to re-arrange some scavenging gear and mods, argh. I don't even know if it's worth bothering with it now, maybe just for HE division tech and that's it.

Rearranging gear is annoying enough as it is since I have to equip my lovely but high GS stuff so pubbies won't kick you immediately. Then after awhile, I can safely switch to my lower GS but better rolled armor and purple M1A.

Not exactly it was last week sometime. A dude asked what they were doing about Scav being broken if you were higher than 100% i.e. 140% is more like 40%... and the dude said something like as far as they know there isn't an issue with scavenging being broken. It's Ubisoft after all, so their answers are never straight to the point JUST in case something is actually broken because they don't test anything ever.

Here's a question.. Has anyone gotten 182+ gear to drop from DZ bosses? Seems a lot of people are bitching that they only get 163GS items from them. Edit: I see this being discussed right above my post..gg

Phrakusca
Feb 16, 2011

thebushcommander posted:

Here's a question.. Has anyone gotten 182+ gear to drop from DZ bosses? Seems a lot of people are bitching that they only get 163GS items from them.

I've had 182 gear drop, but nothing higher.

It doesn't seem that 204s even drop and so the only way to get 204 gear is to craft it.

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.
Hey man, it's cool. Remember when we said we didn't want you guys crafting your best gear? Well, here's GS 204 blueprints for an M1A and an Aug. Btw, good luck getting these to drop from named bosses. Have fun.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything
Lets add the best gear in the darkzone, the most broken part of the game. Let also make them farm up level 75.

Hackers love this.

thebushcommander
Apr 16, 2004
HAY
GUYS
MAKE
ME A
FUNNY,
I'M TOO
STUPID
TO DO
IT BY
MYSELF
Not to mention it appears aim assist is broken on PC after the patch and can now be used with a mouse/KB rather than just a controller.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

thebushcommander posted:

Not to mention it appears aim assist is broken on PC after the patch and can now be used with a mouse/KB rather than just a controller.

this is as bad as :dice:

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Anyone figured out what the loot table for police academy is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

print scream key
Sep 20, 2012

Bob NewSCART posted:

Anyone figured out what the loot table for police academy is

who cares you can't roll through the door anymore :saddowns:

• Locked thread