Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
I could teach zand to play Ryu in 5 minutes and he'd beat 98% of this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Hell yes

http://pfunkk.deviantart.com/art/SFIII-Alex-for-SFV-602737107

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
jfc just hire that dude to fix everything

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Has anyone modded his legs the rightway 'round yet?

giogadi
Oct 27, 2009

Does anyone know whether Casual matchmaking just uses your ranked rating or maintains its own hidden rating?

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

anime was right posted:

jfc just hire that dude to fix everything

I just installed it and it looks amazing.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Saint Freak posted:

Has anyone modded his legs the rightway 'round yet?

With a respectable model I think the pose looks kinda cool.

Also loving with the skeletons would probably mess up hitbox/hurtbox data, so that's not likely to happen.

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

Sarchasm posted:

Also loving with the skeletons would probably mess up hitbox/hurtbox data, so that's not likely to happen.

I almost said that this is unlikely, but then I remembered what game we're talking about

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
How is this game doing? I check eventhubs every couple days and like 75% of the news regarding this game is either PC mods or mostly M. Bison landing large damage combos. What's going on? Is anything actually being developed by Capcom?

Eventhubs also ran the news about the KI refresh rate on monitors above 60Hz, but didn't run a story on the patch being released that it was fixed in like a week. The bias on that site is absurd.

Sibilant Crisp
Jul 4, 2014

Dias posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFCdvdNx1lQ

Hitboxes are funny, and so are cinematic supers!

I mean it looks really loving awful that you teleported over there, but you heavy punched into her hurtbox and got got. Dhalsim can get smacked from his extended limbs.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

croutonZA posted:

Has any game that promised monthly content updates of any sort actually delivered on that without a delay? I remember Wildstar promising monthly content drops and after 2 they kind of gave up.

Many games do this without a loving problem. First one that came to mind was Asherons call, but you are right to automatically assume it will be impossible for Capcom to deliver on their promises

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Safety Scissors posted:

The bias on that site is absurd.

Welcome to fgc where Capcom is god and everything else is trash

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?

Dias posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFCdvdNx1lQ

Hitboxes are funny, and so are cinematic supers!

When anti-airs fail I get annoyed.

https://a.pomf.cat/mcyokl.webm

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

capcom more like crapcom

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Microwaves Mom posted:

That includes you too zand.

i don't make any claims to be good at this game, i'm okay with being bad at a game as unfun and terrible as this one. well... i felt that way before... but after capcom announced that this game being bad at first was actually part of their plan to create a living, breathing game that grows over time I feel as if maybe I've made a mistake by not getting in on the ground floor and learning it in its current, awful state. if only I had known it was purposefully released in this state so that it could eventually be good relative to the launch version I would have been all over it...

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Butyraceous posted:

I mean it looks really loving awful that you teleported over there, but you heavy punched into her hurtbox and got got. Dhalsim can get smacked from his extended limbs.

Eh, I just thought it looked funny, really. The interaction is pretty clear-cut.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

Microwaves Mom posted:

I was thinking of pepedai.

That includes you too zand.

ft10 zand in the game

if you don't you already lost the fight

sorry this is how we do it in the streets

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

I feel like if you make constant bitchy posts about how bad a game is in it's own thread, then you should nut up and play the game. It may not be Our Glorious Savior GGXrd but it's still a fighting game.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Dracula Factory posted:

I feel like if you make constant bitchy posts about how bad a game is in it's own thread, then you should nut up and play the game. It may not be Our Glorious Savior GGXrd but it's still a fighting game.

You don't have to be platinum ranked or whatever to have an opinion on 8 frames of lag and broken netcode.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Zand posted:

i don't make any claims to be good at this game, i'm okay with being bad at a game as unfun and terrible as this one. well... i felt that way before... but after capcom announced that this game being bad at first was actually part of their plan to create a living, breathing game that grows over time I feel as if maybe I've made a mistake by not getting in on the ground floor and learning it in its current, awful state. if only I had known it was purposefully released in this state so that it could eventually be good relative to the launch version I would have been all over it...

Why do you spend so much of your personal time discussing a game you dislike and don't really play? Are you just at worked and bored, or what? This is a serious question, not a flamebait.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Booyah- posted:

You don't have to be platinum ranked or whatever to have an opinion on 8 frames of lag and broken netcode.

If you don't like those things, you can also stop wasting your time posting about it and just not play the game instead, its not like JP devs are trawling forum posts to find out how to fix their game.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

I could teach zand to play Ryu in 5 minutes and he'd beat 98% of this thread.

Well duh, we are a hugbox scrubfest after all. Don't think anyone is denying or has denied that.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

croutonZA posted:

Has any game that promised monthly content updates of any sort actually delivered on that without a delay? I remember Wildstar promising monthly content drops and after 2 they kind of gave up.

Monster Hunter 4 stuck to their monthly schedule, without having to release on the last possible day every time.

And that was even Capcom!

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Booyah- posted:

That isn't what he said and you know it.

There are plenty of games I don't like and have zero desire to play but I'm also not like, going into Call of Duty, MOBA and MMO threads and constantly telling people how poo poo their game that I don't even play is. Because you know, if I don't feel inclined to play a game, generally I don't feel inclined to talk about them incessantly.

I'm not even saying people who poo poo on the game are wrong because there's a fuckton of valid complaints, it's just that eventually it gets to the point where it really doesn't matter who is right and who is wrong and it just gets really, really grating.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Dracula Factory posted:

If you don't like those things, you can also stop wasting your time posting about it and just not play the game instead, its not like JP devs are trawling forum posts to find out how to fix their game.

youre a bad consumer

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

dangerdoom volvo posted:

youre a bad consumer

I dunno, he's not wrong, Japanese developers traditionally don't give a gently caress about what anyone thinks and will make their game the way they want to make it, the desires of their consumers be damned. They really don't care what you have to say. You just have to vote with your wallet because that's what sends a message. If you don't like the game, don't buy it, don't buy the season pass, and trade in your copy if you already got it because if somebody buys it used, that's money Capcom isn't getting. Usually Japanese devs will only do a big 180 and listen is if you have a huge bomb on your hands like Final Fantasy XIV 1.0.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
this car is catching fire and killing innocent families and kids and stuff but dont talk about it if you dont like it just dont buy the death car

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

poo poo, people are discussing something on a forum, this has to be stopped immediately unless they like the thing as much as I do!

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

dangerdoom volvo posted:

this car is catching fire and killing innocent families and kids and stuff

I swear I read this far into the post and thought you were talking about the thread.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Klades posted:

poo poo, people are discussing something on a forum, this has to be stopped immediately unless they like the thing as much as I do!

Echo chambers can go both ways :eng101:

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

FanaticalMilk posted:

Why do you spend so much of your personal time discussing a game you dislike and don't really play? Are you just at worked and bored, or what? This is a serious question, not a flamebait.

i dislike this game and don't play it but it has a massive effect on every other game in the genre. sf as a series, although it has not had a good game in 20 years, is still the industry leader and dictates what kind of things people expect for the genre. when the game everyone else copy-cats is released as a featureless blob that barely functions, i cant just pretend like it doesnt affect me. i still play other fighters, even current ones. I want street fighter to be a good game and to do that there needs to be discourse about why it isnt a good game now. it doesnt matter that GG or KI come out with tutorials that teach you how to play, or teach practical combos, or have functioning netplay. they aren't spearheading the development of the genre in the way that SF is. if games in the future are to use SFV as a benchmark for whats acceptable when better alternatives exist its outright shameful. if this game didn't have the street fighter name attached to it, nobody would have even touched it. as much as this game sickens me, its still the most popular tournament game and the one that, unfortunately, newcomers to the genre are the most likely to experience.

also I have a lot of free time

Dracula Factory posted:

this is a poo poo attitude. its a shame you've already been defeated. like it or not, if you play fighters at all, this game affects you. it is absolutely worth talking about how bad this game is. they might not be trawling forum posts on somethingawful but they are absolutely assessing the general mood and paying attention to tournaments. reactionary changes have already been made to the game based on things that have been discovered or happened in tournaments. twitter posts and other social media have alerted them somehow to things that they feel the need to change in their game... maybe if they became aware of NINE FRAMES OF INPUT LAG then this game might not have it. I can't imagine that they want nine frames of input lag in their game as a feature. a logical conclusion from seeing a game that has a standard nine frames of input lag is not that it is intentional.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

There's a big ol difference between thoughtful, critical posts and whiny, bitchy, beating a dead horse posts. Yes we all know the game is not done and should be in some sort of open beta, it should be in the OP. And most of the negative posts are so lazy and whiny it just gets really grating after a while, I just want to talk about the game. Like how I wish Alex's command grab did more damage but it does have a ton of stun so if you have a guy in the corner it's easy as hell to stun then and that's fun as hell.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Like erry page I see a post about how the netcode is utterly broken but FYI I've played a bunch of games online when set to 4-5 bar connections and I'm happy with how most of the matches go. I've popped in a few random streams of people I haven't heard of and their games seemed to be ok. I even see flags from other counties sometimes and it plays pretty well.

I know it sucks for some people I saw your posts on every other page already. Get rekt australia

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

Dracula Factory posted:

There's a big ol difference between thoughtful, critical posts and whiny, bitchy, beating a dead horse posts. Yes we all know the game is not done and should be in some sort of open beta, it should be in the OP. And most of the negative posts are so lazy and whiny it just gets really grating after a while, I just want to talk about the game. Like how I wish Alex's command grab did more damage but it does have a ton of stun so if you have a guy in the corner it's easy as hell to stun then and that's fun as hell.

the dead horse couldn't be beaten if the blatant awful poo poo in the game wasn't still there, nine frames etc

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Zand posted:

this is a poo poo attitude. its a shame you've already been defeated. like it or not, if you play fighters at all, this game affects you. it is absolutely worth talking about how bad this game is. they might not be trawling forum posts on somethingawful but they are absolutely assessing the general mood and paying attention to tournaments. reactionary changes have already been made to the game based on things that have been discovered or happened in tournaments. twitter posts and other social media have alerted them somehow to things that they feel the need to change in their game... maybe if they became aware of NINE FRAMES OF INPUT LAG then this game might not have it. I can't imagine that they want nine frames of input lag in their game as a feature. a logical conclusion from seeing a game that has a standard nine frames of input lag is not that it is intentional.

I mean the input lag thing is bad sure, but I play on PC so I can fix it and block fireballs while walking like a boss now, suck it ps4havers and your inferior game. I'm sure capcom is aware of the lag thing, and it's up yo them to fix it it in a reasonable timeframe or have people quit playing their game because they are pissed. You making whiny posts in a thread for a game you don't play doesn't affect that at all.\

edit: and for what it's worth, I've only had a great experience with the netcode, only like 1/20 games has any noticeable jitter, and even then its still fun to play out if you don't take it seriously.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Was it the Skullgirls guy that said the input lag could probably only be fixed if they did a rewrite of the entire engine? Because el oh el

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

I mean I fixed it in 10 minutes by changing some .inis so that's probably not true.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Dracula Factory posted:

I mean I fixed it in 10 minutes by changing some .inis so that's probably not true.

That fix still doesn't bring the input lag down to where it was for Ultra Street Fighter IV or any other fighting game for that matter. I think the issue is decreasing the input lag after you've removed the vsync issues, that's where the engine rewrite issues come up.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
displaylag.com rates the input lag at average 7.3 frames (which still sucks)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

8 frames of input lag sucks and is bad, but I heard that the first time and the 9789123020983 other times and eventually it gets kind of annoying.

Like, look, I'm not saying that I want this thread to be a hugbox that waxes poetic about how wonderful SFV is and where criticism isn't allowed, because the game has some pretty major problems and Capcom hosed up big time. But this thread is kind of like the opposite extreme. Like, a happy medium would be a reasoned discussion but this thread is like in a state of constant flamewar. Like, it's cool to crack jokes making fun of the game, but the impression I get is that more often than not, people seem legitimately riled up here.