Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I wonder if I'm locked out because I started the tree fight but didn't beat it yet. BS

How far into the fight did you get? If the floor fell out the covenant npc is dead as hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

This may be the first Souls game where I try invasion.

It's fun as hell fam

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Boomstick Quaid posted:

How far into the fight did you get? If the floor fell out the covenant npc is dead as hell

Oh snap!

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

net cafe scandal posted:

I dare say they went hard as a mother fucker when it comes to obscure complicated NPC storylines and covenant locations. I love it

i liked when in the settlement i met siegward and when i went to attack the fire demon i freaked out because i didnt want him to go and get himself killed, but he actually helped me not die

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

SM64Guy posted:

i liked when in the settlement i met siegward and when i went to attack the fire demon i freaked out because i didnt want him to go and get himself killed, but he actually helped me not die

its the opposite of the siegmeyer quest step in izalith from ds1 lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

SM64Guy posted:

siegward's sucha good dude, hes easily my favorite npc so far. ir eally like the npc ai too, ive been npc invaded a couple times nd they fought a lot like humans. felt really cool

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

scary ghost dog posted:

its the opposite of the siegmeyer quest step in izalith from ds1 lol

it was exactly what i was thinking of

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Great I just thought of Siegmeyer and I'm crying.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

net cafe scandal posted:

Great I just thought of Siegmeyer and I'm crying.

Prepare to Cry

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

I dare say they went hard as a mother fucker when it comes to obscure complicated NPC storylines and covenant locations. I love it

it kind of pissed me off because i completely missed 90% of the quests lol. nearly every NPC encounter is well hidden

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

Prepare to Cry

I wish someone had told me that because I wasn't ready to mainline feels today.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Ahh, ... spouse

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

when a ring of sacrifice breaks, you cant just repair it. it gets permanently consumed. brutal

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

it kind of pissed me off because i completely missed 90% of the quests lol. nearly every NPC encounter is well hidden

i havent found a sorcerer or a pyromancy guy yet. i have all these bibles anmd tomes 2. im not using either though so it doesnt matter

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

I.N.R.I posted:

i havent found a sorcerer or a pyromancy guy yet. i have all these bibles anmd tomes 2. im not using either though so it doesnt matter

the pyromancy guy is hidden up a tower in undead settlement, sorcerer is near the crystal sage bonfire.

also, the talking stones are back in this game. you have to trade for them at the crow

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Thanks GameFAQS

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
I spoilered myself hard and tried to do all the NPC quests but my Siegward quest chain broke for no discernible reason you can't have it all

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I can't join Moundmakers I guess because the guy always hears me and turns hostile. QQ

are you sure its the right guy? he's the one over and past the thief-covered rooftops

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

i appreciate the thought but i like to find stuff out myself :P

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

beating the pontiff without blocking was one of my biggest gamer highs of the year, and im so stoked to do it again

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

Thanks GameFAQS

im here to help

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
I am stoked about the premiere entertainment experience of 2016

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

im shocked that there is an aristocrats joke in this game

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

im shocked that there is an aristocrats joke in this game

Is it the part where hundreds of infinitely respawning mooks vomit worms uncontrollably on you?

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

flynn's ring is epic

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Fungah! posted:

flynn's ring is epic

they brought back all of the right things from dark souls 2

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
I use miracles and made the poison swamp my bitch. Oh what I'm poisoned who cares I've got replenishment

Hopefully I didn't spoil that they put a poison swamp in a souls game

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

The location of Warriors of Sublight is so weird.

have you found the shrine yet?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

when a ring of sacrifice breaks, you cant just repair it. it gets permanently consumed. brutal

That's how it was in 1 and it never made sense in 2 because it was extremely op. I didn't use it myself but that's crazy

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Average Bear posted:

have you found the shrine yet?

The shrine is late game, but you can get to it early if you killed the person who gives you way of blue but you've got to truck through late game enemies as a pip squeak

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fungah! posted:

siegward's sucha good dude, hes easily my favorite npc so far. ir eally like the npc ai too, ive been npc invaded a couple times nd they fought a lot like humans. felt really cool

they got amazingly good at NPC invasions in the DSII dlc, probably because they had a few years of YouTube videos where people pushed the system to the limits and they just coded that into the game which was great

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Fungah! posted:

He's got a great questline lol. Make sure you do all his quests before the 3rd(?) great lord to finish it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The cavalier attitude in which everyone is dropping extremely specific detailed guides every time someone mentions something cool is a little assy.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

The cavalier attitude in which everyone is dropping extremely specific detailed guides every time someone mentions something cool is a little assy.

sorry, i think im losing my mind because ive p. much only stopped playing this to sleep and eat

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

sorry, i think im losing my mind because ive p. much only stopped playing this to sleep and eat

*croaking* This town's finished

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the (post-irithyll spoilers) loving dungeon just being a way more horrifying fleshed out tower of latria loving rules omg

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
My bad, I'm trying not to spoil anything but I don't want people to miss out on cool stuff.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
you can get constant co-op if you want at the third boss. it's also essentially a puzzle fight, so once you get it the patterns it's simple, and you feel like a hero as you solo the boss and your host runs around in a panic.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

they got amazingly good at NPC invasions in the DSII dlc, probably because they had a few years of YouTube videos where people pushed the system to the limits and they just coded that into the game which was great

lol yeha, the assassin fight in brume tower was fuckin great. i havent seen anyone that crazy yet but im still fuckin around in the settlement lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the real dark souls starts when i work tomorrow and i actually have to set this game down for a whole eight hours. ive already got the shakes

• Locked thread