Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chewbot
Dec 2, 2005

My Revenge Meat!

TalonDemonKing posted:

Wizard is going to get shafted hard if the awakenings just power up their respective elements, since witch got the better trade.

Please explain. I get what you mean by poor awakenings, but what do you mean by "witch got the better trade"? I thought they were identical.

Also, kinda disappointing if PvP has boiled down to just rangers. It was literally the only class I didn't enjoy playing. (who am I kidding, I'm not getting into competitive PvP).

Kind of on that topic though, what class tends to be the best at dealing with rangers? Sorc?

Chewbot fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Apr 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

Chewbot posted:

Please explain. I get what you mean by poor awakenings, but what do you mean by "witch got the better trade"? I thought they were identical.

Also, kinda disappointing if PvP has boiled down to just rangers. It was literally the only class I didn't enjoy playing. (who am I kidding, I'm not getting into competitive PvP).

Kind of on that topic though, what class tends to be the best at dealing with rangers? Sorc?

From the looks of it probably the new classes, Blader/Plum. They have a grappling hook arrow that they can shoot and drag themselves to the player.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

The Quake posted:

From the looks of it probably the new classes, Blader/Plum. They have a grappling hook arrow that they can shoot and drag themselves to the player.

:catstare:

Taran
Nov 2, 2002

What? I don't get to yell "I'LL FINISH THIS" anymore?

Grimey Drawer

Chewbot posted:

If the assumption is "you get your current Witch/Wizard skills powered up, but only for those two elements" then Witches are running around with Chain Lightning, Residual Lightning, Lightning Bolt, Lightning Storm (and I guess Earthquake / Earth's Response too). Wizards on the other hand would be using Fireball, Freeze, Frigid Fog, Blizzard, and Meteor. I personally would be very sad to not have the Lightning spells in my arsenal.

I really don't think they'd go that route though, I would at least hope that each class would get new spells of the appropriate element to make up for what they're missing, if not a full set of new abilities entirely.

Aug
Sep 8, 2004

Got Smuff?

Chewbot posted:

PVP is far from just Rangers. I don't know where you're seeing this.

Look at some of the awakenings. Just because you can't deal with certain classes now doesn't mean that your awakenings won't own face in 2-3 months. Just because some K-BDO player is amazing as a ranger doesn't mean that every ranger is going to magically be good. Most rangers are absolute garbage and think that just because they can shotgun they can win.

I play a Wiz and poo poo on 90% of the rangers I fight. My guild is constantly fighting as we're in one of the large alliances. If you're a witch/wiz get yourself an equipped horse and laugh as you wreck face (T6+ for Lateral Movement).

If you can't get lateral movement, stop buying cheetos/expensive coffee/poison for a day and spend that money on rerolling horse skills.

GEAR>SKILL>LEVEL (for the most part)

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
They said that the Wizard/Witch awakenings are drastically different than things they've done before, and I've heard people talking about golems and elementals so I don't think that's gon' be the case.

Maybe I'm wrong. Either way, I am bummed cause I like lightning and earthquakes way better than fireballs and ice.

Chewbot
Dec 2, 2005

My Revenge Meat!

Taran posted:

If the assumption is "you get your current Witch/Wizard skills powered up, but only for those two elements" then Witches are running around with Chain Lightning, Residual Lightning, Lightning Bolt, Lightning Storm (and I guess Earthquake / Earth's Response too). Wizards on the other hand would be using Fireball, Freeze, Frigid Fog, Blizzard, and Meteor. I personally would be very sad to not have the Lightning spells in my arsenal.

I really don't think they'd go that route though, I would at least hope that each class would get new spells of the appropriate element to make up for what they're missing, if not a full set of new abilities entirely.

That's interesting, I didn't know they split the elements like that, which is a bummer because lightning spells are definitely my preference. Does anyone even use ice stuff? Curious to see what new stuff comes up.

Aug posted:

PVP is far from just Rangers. I don't know where you're seeing this.

Look at some of the awakenings. Just because you can't deal with certain classes now doesn't mean that your awakenings won't own face in 2-3 months. Just because some K-BDO player is amazing as a ranger doesn't mean that every ranger is going to magically be good. Most rangers are absolute garbage and think that just because they can shotgun they can win.

I play a Wiz and poo poo on 90% of the rangers I fight. My guild is constantly fighting as we're in one of the large alliances. If you're a witch/wiz get yourself an equipped horse and laugh as you wreck face (T6+ for Lateral Movement).

If you can't get lateral movement, stop buying cheetos/expensive coffee/poison for a day and spend that money on rerolling horse skills.

Thanks for the advice. I got the impression pvp is all rangers from this thread, to be honest. Still, makes sense to see what awakenings bring at some point, closing distance (or managing range) seems to be the key factor in most PvP engagements.

Chewbot fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Apr 13, 2016

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

The Quake posted:

Blader vs Ranger is high-risk high-reward from what I've read about it, which is not much since I have generally superficial interest in either of classes. If I remember correctly, Blader basically gets one free jump on Ranger each time a failed jump on does not result in death by shotgun and/or other means.

Chewbot posted:

Thanks for the advice. I got the impression pvp is all rangers from this thread, to be honest. Still, makes sense to see what awakenings bring at some point, closing distance seems to be the key factor in most PvP engagements.
Ranger is a very popular and very strong class, perfectly useful and viable in any kind of non-boat PvP under any whatever amount of scrutiny, which is why you see, and are going to see a lot about them even if there was massive balance patch for them on KR and we get it fast tracked too. Given that we have the most recent of major PvP changes for a month already, and their actually good record on delivering poo poo quickly to much of my surprise, it is a possibility.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
someone asked me why we were at war and I told him to gently caress off or I'd hit him in the lip :shrug:

I-H
Dec 24, 2009

Am I playing this right?

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

I-H posted:

Am I playing this right?

are you enjoying yourself?

A. yes - then you are playing right
B. no - then you are playing wrong
C. ??? - gfy

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

I-H posted:

Am I playing this right?

Skills aren't high enough. Hunting 1? Really? Get fuckin serious

Aug
Sep 8, 2004

Got Smuff?

NoLife=LifeSkills somehow.

dunkan
Jul 10, 2006

rage is everywhere

Aug posted:

It would be interesting to see the dmg of a lvl 45 hitting a geared 50 and a naked 50. I suspect there is some bonus there outside of the dp from gear.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

dunkan posted:

It would be interesting to see the dmg of a lvl 45 hitting a geared 50 and a naked 50. I suspect there is some bonus there outside of the dp from gear.

Accuracy maybe? It supposedly affects higher level mobs. Maybe it does players too.

Karnivool
May 28, 2009

Grondoth posted:

They said that the Wizard/Witch awakenings are drastically different than things they've done before, and I've heard people talking about golems and elementals so I don't think that's gon' be the case.

Maybe I'm wrong. Either way, I am bummed cause I like lightning and earthquakes way better than fireballs and ice.

Blaiyse? (tamer twitch streamer) mentioned last night that the witch/wizard awakenings will be different, witch more support based and wizard more damage based. He did mention his source but i wasnt paying that much attention.

Aug
Sep 8, 2004

Got Smuff?
It comes out to about 5 accuracy per level. Well 5% extra miss chance or something. Level DOES make a difference. You never want to be more than 2 levels below your target.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Current ParksAndRec status: 200 giants to go for guild quest and nyewatch is killing goons and sending tells threatening to escalate the situation and they don't want to do that since they got poo poo they need to do

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie
I keep getting booted from the server every 20 minutes... shenanigans.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Karnivool posted:

Blaiyse? (tamer twitch streamer) mentioned last night that the witch/wizard awakenings will be different, witch more support based and wizard more damage based. He did mention his source but i wasnt paying that much attention.

I'M ANGRY ABOUT THIIIIIIIIIS

I want the support stuff.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
russian fishing youtube channel dedicated to finding hotspots. the spots seem *mostly* accurate for NA/EU, being the kicker
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR2gq7_0acTHgEZ_rNEWveQ/featured
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j73p7O0frBI
dont share with parksandrec, because they wont reciprocate

lewtt fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Apr 14, 2016

Chewbot
Dec 2, 2005

My Revenge Meat!

lewtt posted:

russian fishing youtube channel dedicated to finding hotspots. the spots seem *mostly* accurate for NA/EU, being the kicker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=channel?UCR2gq7_0acTHgEZ_rNEWveQ?playlists

dont share with parksandrec, because they wont reciprocate

Video no longer exists.

edit: thanks for the working links. Do boats lose durability if they're not moving (i.e. fishing?) Seems like that would really cut into your profits if you're having to replace a boat every couple days.

Chewbot fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Apr 14, 2016

Goo P-Nut Sack
Feb 10, 2009

What's everyone's take on investing energy into nodes as far as farming goes? In the first part of the map I have a few nodes to level 8 (abandoned monastery, Hexe, treant forest) and for the life of me I can not get a good drop out of them. The first two days I was in Hexe I had no alts and the node wasn't connected and got witch's earrings back to back in two days. I also got a handful of carmaes and sturdiness gems in treant forest in a similar fashion.

I've spent the last five-ish weeks meticulously investing energy in the spots with 8 alts(current energy at 204) to improve drops and literally have not seen a single dank drop since. Two clan mates of mine that are way behind, one got 4 earrings in a day, the other two marks and the nodes weren't even connected for either of them. I decided to test it out with the mediah patch and didn't connect a single farming spot until two days ago, and "good" drops, like Grunil pieces, the new scroll books etc instantly dried up. However, and this was sort of apparent in the old part of the map; trade item drops and the junk turn in drops have a very noticeable increase. Am I just ludicrously unlucky in not seeing a "good" drop from 50-54?

Goo P-Nut Sack
Feb 10, 2009

I forgot to mention as well that streamers that are level 56 have like 60/60 energy and contribution and almost nothing connected on their maps are knee deep in ridiculous gear, though it stands to reason they've done nothing but farm.

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011
This looks pretty interesting, but I'm having no luck getting a 7 day trial pass to try it out safely first - should I just bite the bullet and just buy the game?

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007

Wolpertinger posted:

This looks pretty interesting, but I'm having no luck getting a 7 day trial pass to try it out safely first - should I just bite the bullet and just buy the game?

If it's your style of game, you can easily get 30 dollars worth of fun from it. It's a solid game, even more so when you compare it to recent releases like Blade and Soul.

Chewbot
Dec 2, 2005

My Revenge Meat!

Wolpertinger posted:

You should just bite the bullet for $30 in my opinion, but it depends on what you want from the game.

And unrelated: artisan human workers look like ridiculous tree savages.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
Jealous of that artisan human

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Goo P-Nut Sack posted:

What's everyone's take on investing energy into nodes as far as farming goes? In the first part of the map I have a few nodes to level 8 (abandoned monastery, Hexe, treant forest) and for the life of me I can not get a good drop out of them. The first two days I was in Hexe I had no alts and the node wasn't connected and got witch's earrings back to back in two days. I also got a handful of carmaes and sturdiness gems in treant forest in a similar fashion.

I've spent the last five-ish weeks meticulously investing energy in the spots with 8 alts(current energy at 204) to improve drops and literally have not seen a single dank drop since. Two clan mates of mine that are way behind, one got 4 earrings in a day, the other two marks and the nodes weren't even connected for either of them. I decided to test it out with the mediah patch and didn't connect a single farming spot until two days ago, and "good" drops, like Grunil pieces, the new scroll books etc instantly dried up. However, and this was sort of apparent in the old part of the map; trade item drops and the junk turn in drops have a very noticeable increase. Am I just ludicrously unlucky in not seeing a "good" drop from 50-54?

It's just luck. When it comes to really tiny rates, it's totally possible to get the poo poo end of the stick and not see anything for ages. I think everyone in my guild has heard more than enough times how bad my luck is. :)

For what it's worth, I read somewhere that each investment level in a node increases drop rate by 10%. Not sure how true that is. People swear by S-ranked mobs as well. But there are plenty of people with stories like yours where the drops they get are from uninvested nodes or within the first half hour of grinding or whatever. People love trying to find patterns in random things. The only RNG drops I've personally ever gotten were in parties with other people, heh.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
We're gonna do some skirmishes with TurkeyBoyz at some point this or next week. This is good practice!

Need goons to :yeah: so I know if/when to set up the time.

Or we can do fishing missions instead I guess, both work for me

Interested:
Lewtt
Birginia
Xzeikov
Dusters
Goblin_Queen
Aleeni
Thundr

lewtt fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Apr 14, 2016

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
When did Hunting come out in the original game? I kinda wanna shoot things with muskets, it's fun to shoot the birds and beehives but I want a real gun.

Aug
Sep 8, 2004

Got Smuff?

Grondoth posted:

When did Hunting come out in the original game? I kinda wanna shoot things with muskets, it's fun to shoot the birds and beehives but I want a real gun.

The new hunting game is shooting people off of horses. It's super easy.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Aug posted:

The new hunting game is shooting people off of horses. It's super easy.

Yeah but I wanna use a gun that does +2000 something damage.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Karnivool posted:

Grondoth posted:

I'M ANGRY ABOUT THIIIIIIIIIS

I want the support stuff.
Support Wizard and damage Witch are several month old rumours circulating in Russian communities, no one has any idea whatsoever if it's anything more but speculations.

dunkan posted:

The damage will be good, that one time in a million that that the level 45 will be able to land a hit on the 50. I was watching level 55 ranger PvP roughly a month or so ago, and it took a dozen people to get some damage going.

Agreeable Badger
Aug 8, 2008
GQ here and you can count on me for the Turkey Boys thing.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

gently caress the ROW posted:

Jealous of that artisan human

You don't have your artisan human?

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

This game is really fun.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Clocks posted:

It's just luck. When it comes to really tiny rates, it's totally possible to get the poo poo end of the stick and not see anything for ages. I think everyone in my guild has heard more than enough times how bad my luck is. :)

For what it's worth, I read somewhere that each investment level in a node increases drop rate by 10%. Not sure how true that is. People swear by S-ranked mobs as well. But there are plenty of people with stories like yours where the drops they get are from uninvested nodes or within the first half hour of grinding or whatever. People love trying to find patterns in random things. The only RNG drops I've personally ever gotten were in parties with other people, heh.

If thing dropso 1/10k, having 50% from 50% node and whatever from S won't help much. What it helps a lot with is vendor trash and collection items. You can get way more money with high drop rate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AmiEsiM
Dec 6, 2013

Always be yourself, unless you can be Batman.
Code 1 : 7128-9F41-FE74-4CA7-B4D7

Enjoy