Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Oh sweet, the Valdore console has been on my to-buy list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Thunderchild is the Akira with the skill stolen from it's Star Trek: Armada version, right? Phaserball thing that bounces between targets?

EDIT: Oh, it's the Point Defense System which every gozertorp is immune to.

AfroSquirrel fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Apr 14, 2016

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

AfroSquirrel posted:

Thunderchild is the Akira with the skill stolen from it's Star Trek: Armada version, right? Phaserball thing that bounces between targets?

It's got the phaser point defence console, which might actually be pretty useful next time there's a shuttle weekend.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

SKY COQ posted:

It's got the phaser point defence console, which might actually be pretty useful next time there's a shuttle weekend.

Didn't that get nerfed?

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

wdarkk posted:

Didn't that get nerfed?

gently caress, probably.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah, it's back to being pretty useless now.

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

The pathing on the bridge in that new featured episode is just loving terrible. My boffs get stuck constantly and even enemies get stuck in their spawn or, as Asimo said, get stuck outside the walls somehow.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
The only costume skin that didn't look godawful on the new battle cloaking lockbox cruiser ended up being the Aegis. Surprise, surprise. Special shoutout to the nukara shield though because it looks spectacularly garish with that on.

Apart from only 3 tac consoles that ship is pretty good I guess.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

DancingShade posted:

The only costume skin that didn't look godawful on the new battle cloaking lockbox cruiser ended up being the Aegis. Surprise, surprise. Special shoutout to the nukara shield though because it looks spectacularly garish with that on.

Apart from only 3 tac consoles that ship is pretty good I guess.

What about the reman? The reman looks great on everything. Burn-your-eyes-out great.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

MikeJF posted:

What about the reman? The reman looks great on everything. Burn-your-eyes-out great.

I actually forgot that existed. I think I have one somewhere... otherwise I'll probably just craft one.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

DancingShade posted:

I actually forgot that existed. I think I have one somewhere... otherwise I'll probably just craft one.

Since it's just for visuals, you could just replay Coliseum...
yeah, I'd blow 30k dil instead too.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Soviet Commubot posted:

The pathing on the bridge in that new featured episode is just loving terrible. My boffs get stuck constantly and even enemies get stuck in their spawn or, as Asimo said, get stuck outside the walls somehow.
My boffs decided to set up camp in that little side-room that you start in, and refused to leave it for the first half of the fight. At least I avoided the enemies spawning outside walls bug (or my spammed solar gateways were killing them anyway).

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.
My Boffs used the opportunity that mission provided them to continue the work given to them by Dear Leader. Not a single boff was without party popper, and I'm certain the enemies were confused when they walked into a room with BoP and Connie balloons.

Be a Tac folks. Boffs are for party poppers, let the redshirts do the wetwork.

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost
Did the Lightening Response Team sigs get scrubbed?

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

18 Character Limit posted:

Did the Lightening Response Team sigs get scrubbed?

Just came here to ask the same thing. What a bust -- thanks for nothing, Trendy!

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012
So all animated .gifs are all removed, or just ours (well, yours - I don't know how to change my sig/avatar in the new forums)?

IPCRESS fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Apr 14, 2016

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !
PSA: There is now aa active bug that prevents fleet invites due to the game thinking that a fleet is full even when it is not :laffo: .

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost

IPCRESS posted:

So all animated .gifs are all removed, or just ours (well, yours - I don't know how to change my sig/avatar in the new forums)?

My sig's gif is still there.

I honestly don't know why this would have been removed:

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe
edit: Just tested. My sig gif is still there, so they must be manually removing them.

MREBoy posted:

PSA: There is now aa active bug that prevents fleet invites due to the game thinking that a fleet is full even when it is not :laffo: .
To give more details - the fleet cap is supposed to be 500 members. When season 11 dropped last year, Cryptic accidentally disabled the fleet cap, allowed unlimited fleet sizes. From the complaint threads, there's evidently at least one pubbie fleet with over 2600 members.

When 11.5 came out, they re-instituted the fleet cap, but accidentally set it at 100 instead of 500. Devs have stated that both the 100 member cap and the unlimited cap are bugs, and it's supposed to go back to 500 eventually. Based on what's currently happening, I'd say that when the bug gets fixed, XXXL fleets will simply find themselves in the same place they are now - unable to invite any new members until they drop below the cap.

g0del fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Apr 14, 2016

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Whew, good thing we completely neglected fleet roster upkeep then. Apathy wins again.

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.

I honestly don't know why this would have been removed:

Racism would be my guess.

In other news, I landed a 24hr suspension for customer support's own incompetence:

i.e. I got suspended for beaming down. :downs:

EDIT: And for those wondering: the fix in the patch did nothing in my case and CSR's attempts to solve it by doing costume resets is having no effect.

fakemirage fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Apr 14, 2016

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

fakemirage posted:

Racism would be my guess.

In other news, I landed a 24hr suspension for customer support's own incompetence:

i.e. I got suspended for beaming down. :downs:

EDIT: And for those wondering: the fix in the patch did nothing in my case and CSR's attempts to solve it by doing costume resets is having no effect.

That'll teach you, you gosh darned dirty filthy hacker.

Actually aren't you the Kennedy assassin? They should ping you for that too.

Jethro_E7
Dec 11, 2014
Perhaps the grammar spergs easily triggered by misspellings put in complaints. That banner would have upset every almost every subsperg category.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Dropping a disco ball is a textbook 'lightening response'.

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.

Jethro_E7 posted:

Perhaps the grammar spergs easily triggered by misspellings put in complaints. That banner would have upset every almost every subsperg category.
I have no idea what you're talking about.

Trendy posted a suggestion for a new signature on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/LaughingTrendy/status/720039389489803264

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost

fakemirage posted:

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Trendy posted a suggestion for a new signature on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/LaughingTrendy/status/720039389489803264

Well then.
code:
[right][url="https://youtu.be/oyU-tEt3Yb0"][img]http://i.imgur.com/MywB2KU.gif[/img][/url][/right]
[center][b]Official [i]STARFLEET DENTAL[/i] Bug Hunter[/b][/center]

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
My sig picture was definitely removed, and apparently I cannot add any new gifs to my sig. None of them show up for me.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

DonDoodles posted:

My sig picture was definitely removed, and apparently I cannot add any new gifs to my sig. None of them show up for me.
Do the sto forums support animated PNGs?

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Jethro_E7
Dec 11, 2014
It will never stop us helping, even if we are not appreciated at times.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Star Citizen's community manager Disco Lando says he's played STO for years.

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.

g0del posted:

Do the sto forums support animated PNGs?
Signatures shouldn't be an issue since it's just a link, but the support for APNG in browsers remains rather limited.

hakimashou posted:

Star Citizen's community manager Disco Lando says he's played STO for years.
So when will Star Citizen unveil their lock boxes and duty officer packs?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

You were the like, weren't you.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
You guys, it's official, the data is in. Warp Plasma can't melt Duranium beams. The fall of ESD was masterminded by the lizard people conspiracy who hold some of the highest ranks within the Federation.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

MikeJF posted:

You were the like, weren't you.

Nah, that was me

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.

Morglon posted:

You guys, it's official, the data is in. Warp Plasma can't melt Duranium beams. The fall of ESD was masterminded by the lizard people conspiracy who hold some of the highest ranks within the Federation.

Gorn, Saurian, or Voth?

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.
I made a few more QA signature variations since Trendy didn't seem to mind the rainbow ones.

(White text)
(Transparent text)
(Transparent text)
(Transparent text)
(White text)
(Transparent text)

The signature can be set in your profile.

Well then.
code:
[right][url="https://youtu.be/oyU-tEt3Yb0"][timg]http://i.imgur.com/MywB2KU.gif[/timg][/url][/right]
[center][b]Official [i]STARFLEET DENTAL[/i] Bug Hunter[/b][/center]

fakemirage fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Apr 15, 2016

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.
The whole 'nak'uhl' and Destiny thing is so cheese.

Sure Vosk said it once in enterprise, doesn't mean he was spouting it all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

so with the current season we're basically moving from voyager to enterprise? maybe someday we'll get more gamma quadrant :/

• Locked thread