Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which non-Power of the Daleks story would you like to see an episode found from?
This poll is closed.
Marco Polo 36 20.69%
The Myth Makers 10 5.75%
The Massacre of St. Bartholomew's Eve 45 25.86%
The Savages 2 1.15%
The Smugglers 2 1.15%
The Highlanders 45 25.86%
The Macra Terror 21 12.07%
Fury from the Deep 13 7.47%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

Geoffrey Beevers should be in this image like three more times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Who's that between Ainley and Roberts? I recognise the rest, but I'm blanking on him?

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

That is almost certainly Gordon Tipple, who played the Master for less time on screen than it took you to read this sentence.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I thought it might be the guy from Curse of Fatal Death.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Dabir posted:

That's not Jonathan Pryce, how do you not recognise the mighty Jonathan Pryce!

Trin Tragula posted:

You say that, but compare the timeslot with Andrew Cartmel's story about his interview with Jonathan Powell (head of Series & Serials at the time, the department which produced the show); Powell asks "who is the audience for Doctor Who?", Cartmel of course says "Doctor Who is for everyone!" and Powell corrects him, "No, Doctor Who is for children." The phrase "mixed messages" does rather spring to mind.

I'd like to be in Programming Planning actually, but unfortunately I've got a degree.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Dabir posted:

How-

MrL_JaKiri posted:

That's not Jonathan Pryce, how do you not recognise the mighty Jonathan Pryce!

Yeah, this!

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Who?

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Has anyone heard of Jonathan Pryce???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKRV40LZSuY

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Well great, now I have to watch this movie again.

This is the opposite of a problem.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

some french middle manager played the master?

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Tres cool, is there a bigger version?

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Astroman posted:

Tres cool, is there a bigger version?

Not that I could find. I could look around for you if you wouldn't mind waiting. Just have a seat right in that chair.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Trin Tragula posted:

That is almost certainly Gordon Tipple, who played the Master for less time on screen than it took you to read this sentence.

You say that like it means anything. McQueen is the best master but despite appearing on screen opposite Capaldi in The Think of It (and in the loop), he's never been on screen as The Master.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Guys what the gently caress is this a five master story

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

BSam posted:

You say that like it means anything. McQueen is the best master but despite appearing on screen opposite Capaldi in The Think of It (and in the loop), he's never been on screen as The Master.

To my knowledge, Big Finish has no plans to expand on the Tipple Years. I could see Joseph Lidster torturing us with The Miseries of CGI Snake, however.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

BSam posted:

Where is cgi snake?

Got you covered.

Hissy is so happy :downs:

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

BSam posted:

A guy who played the Master for maybe four seconds in total is not really comparable to a Big Finish regular.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

MrL_JaKiri posted:

A guy who played the Master for maybe four seconds in total is not really comparable to a Big Finish regular.

A guy who played the Master for maybe four seconds in total isn't even comparable to CGI Snake. :v:

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Astroman posted:

A guy who played the Master for maybe four seconds in total isn't even comparable to CGI Snake. :v:

I'm as big a fan of CGI snake as anyone

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

In the recent DWM, celebrating the 20th anniversary of the TV movie, producer Jo Wright reveals this is who Universal wanted as the Doctor:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0002246/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Also, Eric Roberts was shocked that he has 408 credits on his IMDB

They also interview Gordon Tipple, and show him in his Master costume, and yeah, he does look a lot like Jonathan Pryce's Master.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

I had a whole faux-nerd outrage thing planned before I realized we were talking about Jonathon Pryce and not Simon Jones, who only has a bit part at the beginning of the movie.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I really must watch Brazil one day.

Also, I'm fully accepting that the High Sparrow is the Master having found a charming little place called Westoros, inhabited by a people so primitive that they haven't even bothered to name their own planet.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Okay so which Master is the one between Roberts and Jacobi?

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so

The_Doctor posted:

I really must watch Brazil one day.

Also, I'm fully accepting that the High Sparrow is the Master having found a charming little place called Westoros, inhabited by a people so primitive that they haven't even bothered to name their own planet.

King Robert was actually Kamelion, which is the real reason they had to kill him off after just a few episodes.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Maxwell Lord posted:

Alex Macqueen

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Alex Macqueen

And though it has been mentioned before, let me reemphasize that everybody needs to watch The Thick of It, if only for the interactions between Capaldi and Macqueen (and then for everything else, because it's magnificent).

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Maxwell Lord posted:

Like I said, the best Master.

"Hello you!"

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Jerusalem posted:

And though it has been mentioned before, let me reemphasize that everybody needs to watch The Thick of It, if only for the interactions between Capaldi and Macqueen (and then for everything else, because it's magnificent).

"I will not eat the pissy biscuit!" :mad:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

However, he will eat the onion bhaji

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
The first thing I saw Jonathan Pryce in was Tomorrow Never Dies, so I'm afraid that's what I tend to associate him with.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Wheat Loaf posted:

The first thing I saw Jonathan Pryce in was Tomorrow Never Dies, so I'm afraid that's what I tend to associate him with.

He was shilling for Infiniti long before that. I tried to get my dad to buy one based on how awesome those commercials were.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Brazil is an amazing movie. Probably my favorite Gilliam film. Jonathan Pryce owns it.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Aww, Blakes 7's Gareth Thomas has passed. :smith:

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2016/04/gareth-thomas-1945-2016.html

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

egon_beeblebrox posted:

Brazil is an amazing movie. Probably my favorite Gilliam film. Jonathan Pryce owns it.

It's a toss-up between 12 Monkeys and Fear & Loathing for me, but Brazil is wonderful too.

Who will bring down the Federation now? :ohdear:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

At Spitalfields market today.

Good dog :unsmith:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

The_Doctor posted:

At Spitalfields market today.

Good dog :unsmith:

So how much did you pay for it?

ThaGhettoJew
Jul 4, 2003

The world is a ghetto

Brave heart, friends. This is not the first time Roj Blake has seemed to leave us and yet returned.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

So how much did you pay for it?

I didn't! It was £180, not an actual prop (obvs.), but out of the Llangollen exhibition when it closed recently.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I have never found anything near that awesome at Spitalfields :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

:smith:

I hope he asked to be buried in his sleeves