Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
Please be gentle wide9

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6562693/#Comment_6562693

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Doomtrain posted:

MoMa metldowns are the worst. so many pages of whitenoise to scroll by

No joke, he went back and edited out the name of his cats Felix and Sammy today.

The leak is coming from inside the house!

Felix you traitor you've doomed us all

Gradis
Feb 27, 2016

GAPE APE

ManofManyAliases posted:

Any smart, private company divests assets and maximizes opportunities for tax incentives and liability reduction.

ok now I'm covered in filth and feel like a trapped animal. Based on what knowledge do you say this?

moveable shape
Oct 18, 2015

Sedisp posted:

:yikes:

My son is crying in the garden. Lazy fucker! I shall delete him from my life so I can better immerse myself in spaceships.

I mean it's super creepy that a dude that is this dedicated to putting his family in a videja game just casually erased his son from it.

I think the dude is a born again alcoholic or somesuch. When I saw that video I immediately pictured him as the worlds worst father from age 0-12 for his son and then suddenly finds Jesus and resents his sons mysterious bad behavior. Basically gently caress him and his failure to face reality is my overall point here

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

for pure bewilderment, B'Tak posts are my absolute favourite. You're doing excellent work, Mirificus.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Gravity_Storm posted:

be the bigger man Derek and let MoMA off the hook - he's an rear end in a top hat for stalking you but should just quietly piss off.

We know he's CIG so I suggest you leave it at that.

The hook is there for a reason

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Variable 5 posted:

:ughh: You seem a bit obsessed

:ironicat:

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

No, really, I need to know this: where the hell do they get the idea that E:D started its development in 2000?!

That's when Frontier was busy building Zoo Tycoon, ffs. Are they suggesting that it's because of the engine (in which case we should put SC's starting point in 1999, since that's when Crytek was founded) or is it because that's when Braben first mentioned a new Elite (in which case we should still put SC's starting point in 1999, since that's when he announced the stuff that didn't go into Freelancer… although, really, it should be 1997 since that's when he started hallucinating the final product that will fail to materialise with SC)?

Their attempts at trying to push 2011 farther and farther back in time are getting truly desperately pathetic right now. :jerkbag:

e: more history!

Tippis fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Apr 14, 2016

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Tippis posted:

Where the hell does that nonsense idea even come from? :psyduck:

A desperate place where ginormous headstarts are required to explain the inarguable superiority of a competitive offering...

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Toops posted:

Stop right there. Anything beyond that is Shitizen-land, pure made up bullshit fantasy that will literally never happen.

You see, whatever comes after the "I'm imagining" part is what makes the SC community so tragic and hosed. All they want is to disappear into imagination land and never come back.

But they always come back, and it's a little bit worse every time they do.

I would feel genuine pity for these people if they weren't such vitriolic assholes every time you rattle their dream cage.

Superbly put.

Oh, and I'm not cleaning the bottom of that dream cage, even if we get a new bird from the kickstarter pet store.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
what the gently caress did moma take his cat pictures down :psyduck:

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Well it's "pretty much done" the same way that Star Marine "is in the game right now" so hey whatever right?

Let me see.
Alas, poor Lando!
I knew him, Lesnick, a fellow of infinite leaks, of most excellent fanboying.
He hath borne ship news on his back a thousand times, and now, how abhorred in my spaceship dreams it is!
My pledges rises at it.
Here hung those lips that I have been scammed by I know not how oft.
Where be your community posts now?
Your deflections of criticism?
Your tweets showing Chris' car?
Your empty stares at the camera that were wont to set the twitch chat on a roar?
Not one now to mock your own sales pitches?
Quite chapfallen?
Now get you to Sandi’s chamber and tell her, let her bring donuts iced with sugar an inch thick, to this favor she must come.
Make her blink rapidly at that.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Lol. Just lol. :). At least they got smart and dumped Ryan. I can see him sitting at a desk in front of blank paper and pencils with Ladyman behind him slapping his hand everytime he goes to turn on photoshop.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Dementropy posted:

"I felt like I was watching a dream I’d never wake up from. Before I knew it, the dream was all over."

:allears:

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

DNN Farms posted:

For 2015, we are seeking the following volunteers:

Board Members: The state requires we have at least 3 board members on the Board of Directors at any one time. We have had trouble keeping someone in the third seat let alone finding more. A board member is the ultimate volunteer: He or she must attend a minimum of one board meeting a year, the annual review, and is under higher scrutiny than most anyone else with regards to their own donations and periods of volunteer work.

Grant Writers: If we had the money to pay them directly, we would. Right now we’re running out of time on a subscription to a grants database and still have no idea what we are doing. We are willing to work with these writers later regarding pay.

Photographers: We just need pictures of various things that can work on our website and social media pages including landscapes, cityscapes, community gardens, and more.

Graphic Designers: Primarily we need to get the DNN logo into a more scalable form such as PNG, but also we would like to see it worked on as a two and three color logo more appropriate for caps, t-shirts, and embroidered polo shirts. We are also willing to talk about pay for working on a logo for Homeward Bound Christian Counseling and remastering or perhaps changing the old At His Feet Cleaning Services logo into an At His Feet PBC logo.

Web Designers and Social Media Experts: Wanted to keep our presence on the Internet alive.

General Labor: Now that I’m working as a counselor for a living, I may not be able to take all of the calls for rototilling this Spring let alone next Spring. We need someone or multiple volunteers with a truck to haul the tiller around and make sure nonprofit and community gardens get tilled.

So... you just need everything required to run an established non profit.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
he is just the ideas farmer

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

He is an ex Elite´s dev actually.

e: since I write from the past I can see now that I have been ninjaed very hard. Here is a catte for the troubles:

MedicineHut fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Apr 14, 2016

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Midnight Voyager posted:

*goes to her page*

Oh, she's another Star Citizen concept artist!

So... Backers are paying for her to work on Star Traders then. I mean, you know she got loaned out for free from CIG, right? They couldn't fake it anymore and needed a real artist and begged CIG for help. Wow, that would be pretty shady.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Thoatse posted:

Confirmed. I own a nice parachute and it literally cost less then some of the jpegs.

Just wanted to say, your av and subtitle are sublime

moveable shape
Oct 18, 2015

Sedisp posted:

So... you just need everything required to run an established non profit.

At His Feet Cleaning Services

:laffo:

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Toops posted:

How the hell dude. Just how!?

yea I don't even know anymore.

its just so blatant and so, so bad.

I really feel like Disco is one glass of cheap merlot away from just sending out a text-wall of the word "retards" in response to something.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Tippis posted:

No, really, I need to know this: where the hell do they get the idea that E:D started its development in 2000?!

That's when Frontier was busy building Zoo Tycoon, ffs. Are they suggesting that it's because of the engine (in which case we should put SC's starting point in 1999, since that's when Crytek was founded) or is it because that's when Braben first mentioned a new Elite (in which case we should still put SC's starting point in 1999, since that's when he announced the stuff that didn't go into Freelancer… although, really, it should be 1997 since that's when he started hallucinating the final product that will fail to materialise with SC)?

Their attempts at trying to push 2011 farther and farther back in time are getting truly desperately pathetic right now. :jerkbag:

The hilarious thing is their anticipated release dates for Star Citizen and Squadron 42. This one is going to be a lot of fun to throw back in their faces when those dates just fly right by...

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

DNN Farms posted:

Why not start a kickstarter and see where we can go from there?

Why? Because of a lack of volunteers to make it look good. Crowdfunding campaigns work because of three important ingredients: Good marketing strategy, a good group of volunteers needed to implement the strategy, and a good size of following already established.

Marketing Strategy: When it comes to crowdfunding, the very first thing any business needs is a great video introduction. Right now we have no professional video photographer or editor, no professional tools for making such a video, and so would be relying 100% on Macintosh tech to get the job done including iPhones, an iPad, and a 5 year old Mac that is breaking down using Garageband and iMovie. It also takes pictures, good script including the daily updates, and, of course, people dedicated to making sure the word gets out and continues to get out for the period of the crowd funding. Instead we have me and a bunch of Mac tools, sometimes my wife, when she has time, and that’s it. We need more. Which is why it comes down to…

Volunteers: With any nonprofit, there is a need for volunteers. Even with a crowdfunding campaign, there is a need for volunteers to film, to photograph, to edit, to keep the crowdfunding site moving, to get on social media and get the word out over and over again. Without the volunteers, the crowdfunding would get nowhere very quickly.

A Following: And even with all of that, we need a following that is willing to go beyond just clicking “Like” on a page. They are not unlike volunteers in that sense, because our following needs to also get the word out to their friends and followers, their friends and followers need to get the word out, and so on. That is really how crowdfunding works, but going viral.

So how about it? Do I even bother to research this further or do we find the manpower and technology to do this and get the first DNN farm going? As always, I am counting on you all to pray about this and listen to God’s answer. I do not want you doing anything God has not given you a green light to do. He is in charge of this more than any of us.

Thanks for your consideration and God bless.

So all you'll need is people to do everything else and you'll farm because that lazy loving son won't.

Sounds good.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
B'Tak is like, the perfect consumer for No Man's Sky, right?

He can just drift around from planet to planet, never seeing another live player, gathering resources and trading with NPCs, getting different ships that also don't interact with other live players...

I really hope someone at the brown sea points this out to him.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

G0RF posted:

The hilarious thing is their anticipated release dates for Star Citizen and Squadron 42. This one is going to be a lot of fun to throw back in their faces when those dates just fly right by...

They'll just make up new numbers and push the starting point up to 3 years ago

Squadron 42 has always been, and will always be 8 months away

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

alf_pogs posted:

i do not envy the awkward life mrs falcone must lead

At least they can share a bed SOMEwhere

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

skaboomizzy posted:

He can just drift around from planet to planet, never seeing another live player, gathering resources and trading with NPCs, getting different ships that also don't interact with other live players...

Nah he's the kinda guy gets his kink fix from agoraphobia

He needs the grief

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

G0RF posted:

Use this as well when the time comes. :D

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Here are some more pictures of a space game no one is playing.

It's a bit more popular than LoD, though.
http://steamcharts.com/app/367270

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

They think that because they bought some JPEGs, they know how JPEGs work

lol

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Nah he's the kinda guy gets his kink fix from agoraphobia

He needs the grief

'Talk dirty to me'
'Well, uh, I'm in a field'
*dies*

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

skaboomizzy posted:

E:D's solo mode is the perfect game for him already, but I'm sure he'll have a reason why he absolutely needs a PvPFPS portion of the game despite his npc-humping proclivities

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

G0RF posted:

A desperate place where ginormous headstarts are required to explain the inarguable superiority of a competitive offering...

Hey gorf i finally got time to read your big post

:five:

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

I think I understand him now. It's difficult to keep a hardon when you are playing your LOST in SPACE roleplay if you have to constantly be worried about ganks.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

E:D's solo mode is the perfect game for him already, but I'm sure he'll have a reason why he absolutely needs a PvPFPS portion of the game despite his npc-humping proclivities

The AI revolution can't come soon enough. Someone needs to stand up for the rights of all those poor NPCs and protect them against the abuses of his kind. :(

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Tippis posted:

It doesn't even pass a cursory thought. 2000 games were like Deus Ex, Diakatana and Diablo 2. What could they have possibly been doing in that year that would be relevant to a game released a decade later (ignoring Duke Nukem Forever, of course).

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

hakimashou posted:

Hey gorf i finally got time to read your big post

:five:

Thank you, Hakimashou!

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

hakimashou posted:

How much are you still in for?

I'm in for an Imperial Clipper, a Federal Assault Ship and a bunch of Sidewinders I use as bookmarks.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Here, let me help, when I saw this earlier today I thought "you know, the SC thread needs this, we use it in Auspol dnd" (home of touching the poop):

You're welcome. :pgabz:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Mirificus posted:

Lethality is really weird about CIG subscriber content.

Well, we can't have just any old sans-culottes viewing the sacred scriptures of subscriberhood, you know. It soils them.

• Locked thread