Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Radbot posted:

I am OK with punishing him as harshly as we punish black children. At least he deserved it; what he did was unconscionable.

I agree he should have been gunned down in the street.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

there wolf posted:

Actually throwing him in jail would have gotten him away from his mother/chief enabler, though. I almost wish the judge had accepted the affluenza defense just as an excuse to get him away from the people who created a sociopath and don't see the problem with that.

yeah im sure he would have found beter role models, in prison

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Popular Thug Drink posted:

yeah im sure he would have found beter role models, in prison

Our prison system is notorious for turning out reformed, penitent ex-cons who definitely will never relapse.

menino
Jul 27, 2006

Pon De Floor

Sword of Chomsky posted:

Basically this is what you want.

http://www.theonion.com/video/judge-rules-white-girl-will-be-tried-as-black-adul-18896

Yeah, the guy is terrible, but what PTD said is pretty much spot on. Cane we start treating all people with a better standard instead of just those we approve of?

Yeah I don't get it. It should be a norm we all aspire to. White kids get what the law should do for all citizens, there's no reason that saying that would indicate that black kids are not getting royally screwed by this system. There's a difference bw privilege and disadvantage.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
ten years probation and 90 days treatment in a state facility at the maximum expense to the parent is pretty fiscally conservative, too, given the upswell of private probation monitoring firms

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Mr Hootington posted:

I agree he should have been gunned down in the street.

Unironically agree. I know this isn't the high road but that kid deserves to be dead.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Unironically agree. I know this isn't the high road but that kid deserves to be dead.

Do you support the death penalty?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

GalacticAcid posted:

No because the state should be above personal feelings and desire for revenge/karma.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

GalacticAcid posted:

Not intending to speak for N4I, but I think you can draw a distinction between someone deserving death in the ethical sense and the state being allowed to administer such a penalty.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Trump thinks it's time to end all this political correct talk about covering up child rape and bring back the Joe Pa statue.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

GalacticAcid posted:

Trump thinks it's time to end all this political correct talk about covering up child rape and bring back the Joe Pa statue.

Perhaps this could create a new kind of Hastert rule.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

That time when Trump wanted to know what's going on with that guy who helped cover up 10+ years of molestation.
https://vine.co/v/itWZPWEJan2

E: f;b

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I think that a person who negligently kills four innocent humans should go to jail, doesn't matter if the person is red, yellow, black, or white!

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

GalacticAcid posted:

keep on pandering for PA votes Trump

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

GalacticAcid posted:

Is it possible he just didn't know or remember anything about those events?

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

GalacticAcid posted:

I couldn't really tell, was the audience cheering or booing?

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Mr Interweb posted:

I couldn't really tell, was the audience cheering or booing?

Quite likely both. Pennsylvania is not evenly divided on the topic, but neither is it overwhelmingly anti-child-rape, as it turns out.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Samurai Sanders posted:

Is it possible he just didn't know or remember anything about those events?

He was talking about returning the Joe Pa statue which was removed explicitly and solely due to Paterno's proximity to the Sandusky rapes.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
There was some goon ages ago who made the excellent suggestion that the statue could stay, it just had to be rotated 180 degrees.

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012

GalacticAcid posted:

He's not totally wrong.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Meg From Family Guy posted:

He's not totally wrong.

I also enjoy logging into this web site in order to shitpost about the immateriality of covering up child rape.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

He's not totally wrong.

Yeah we're too nice to people who support Joe PA.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

GalacticAcid posted:

He was talking about returning the Joe Pa statue which was removed explicitly and solely due to Paterno's proximity to the Sandusky rapes.

"Proximity" is an extremely inappropriate word in that sentence. "Permission" is far better.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

GalacticAcid posted:

lol loving unreal.

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012

GalacticAcid posted:

I also enjoy logging into this web site in order to shitpost about the immateriality of covering up child rape.

Projection, much? :smug:

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Projection, much? :smug:

gently caress off you're not funny nor interesting.

I am not a book
Mar 9, 2013
The ignore button is right loving there, folks.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

GalacticAcid posted:

there's an aatrek joke in here somewhere

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Some old PSU-related tweets.

Also a completely incoherent video in which he argues that the people who "didn't report" Sandusky need to be punished while simultaneously...defending Paterno.

I'm phone-posting so I can't embed the video, feel free to do so.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I've seen a lot of people defend Paterno while shaming everyone else. It's more of a cult of personality thing I think, where they either can't accept he knew or think that he shouldn't be at fault for it.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Interview with Dr. Jane Sanders (yes, that Sanders) about her husband's campaign, the direction of the Democratic party, what her view of Liberalism is, and a myriad of other stuff including their first date.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoOrGZU4e8I

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Apr 14, 2016

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

I am not a book posted:

The ignore button is right loving there, folks.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Some crosses were burned in Dubuque, Iowa Wednesday morning.

http://www.kwwl.com/story/31716551/2016/04/13/police-investigating-two-crosses-burned-overnight

Kinda blew my mind this morning. It isn't something I usually associate with happening in Iowa. Shouldn't be surprised because I know the KKK has chapters in Charles City and Forest City.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
There are a number of sexual predators among the jet-set. They even use charity/tax-dodge organizations to enable their behavior- Subway Jared, Sandusky, Saville, who knows who else? They are likely direct vehicles for the luciferian spirits that feed on human suffering.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

GalacticAcid posted:

He said this in Oakland, where the University of Pittsburgh, the place where people were so :smug: and happy that Joe Paterno's name was ruined because gently caress Penn State

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004

bobjr posted:

I've seen a lot of people defend Paterno while shaming everyone else. It's more of a cult of personality thing I think, where they either can't accept he knew or think that he shouldn't be at fault for it.

My wife went to Penn State for a time, and pretty much confirmed this. Apparently the guy set up a lot of charities and did a lot of drives for the school, and was genuinely seen as a really nice old guy you could talk to. It's no surprise that quite a few people couldn't accept the disconnect between that and child rapist protector, so obviously he was great and everyone is lying.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

My middle school had a male popular teacher that sexually harassed a male student and it exploded into a huge story. The guy was put on suspension during the investigation but before that did some highly suspect stuff (one of which I personally witnessed) that once you knew what was going on were super hosed up. The high school that we filtered into had a student walk out in support of him since no one believed it and the same sex aspect made it seem more unbelievable at the time. A reporter did some research and the teacher had a history of this that no one knew about and somehow slipped though the cracks and the people supporting him had to grudgingly admit they were wrong. I can totally believe that a guy like Joe Paterno who is a living legend at a big college and also involved in the American religion that is college football would get an extreme amount of good will if that middle school teacher did.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Do I just make out my check to China or what?

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

zoux posted:

Do I just make out my check to China or what?

You make most of it out to the Medicare and Social Security trust funds then the rest out to 1%ers who own Tbonds as a stable base.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Xae posted:

You make most of it out to the Medicare and Social Security trust funds then the rest out to 1%ers who own Tbonds as a stable base.

No it's China and any day now they're going to call in that debt and foreclose on America.

• Locked thread