Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

Inzombiac posted:

If you're like me and wanted the sweet katana from the undead bro outside of Firelink, goad him to the altar door and shoot him with arrows. He won't walk in and you can chump him for his sweet gear.

His weapon art is really easy to parry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PirateNipple
Apr 5, 2004

Anyone else unable to join your host in fighting the Deacons boss if you're summoned? They like float up through the mist and summoned players can't enter.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

GreenBuckanneer posted:

How are you doing two messages a line?

Hit Triangle/Y in the message window and you can change what template you're using. Some of them allow multiple lines/conjunctions/etc.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Internet Kraken posted:

Is it wrong that I think the Pontiff's anime as hell second form is actually easier than the first? :v:

Nah

I think it kinda helps because the shadow is basically going hey this is what Pontiff is gonna do, so it's like well I dodge the shadow's attack so Pontiff is gonna do it as well

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.

Boosted_C5 posted:

Why? WHY?

Why would people put down their summon sign if they're not going to help and they apparently have no idea how to attack the boss anyway???

I have wasted 5 embers trying to co-op the tree.

UGH.

When I was sunbroing Crystal Sage last night, I only got two out of five attempts successfully. Those other three? Twice I couldn't interact with the fog, and the third, the boss gained invulnerability when he had like 5% health left.

I think the former issue is tied to being too close to the host when they go through the fog. They stutter and climb on top of you, then I suppose the interaction prompt lives in the air or something.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i might be lost trying to find the next area in the swamp after beating the deacons but just got the black knight greatsword :getin:

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
This Estus Ring (post-Tower Key item spoiler) doesn't seem to do much compared to not having it on. I need to find some Sublime Bone Ash or whatever. :v:

e: the Master with the Uchigatana isn't too hard to bait if you use something like the Longsword's charged R2. Also, cause the game doesn't really tell you: this game has Bloodborne style R2 charge attacks. The Longsword's is particularly useful because you can use it to dart into that dude's range and then roll out.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Inzombiac posted:

If you're like me and wanted the sweet katana from the undead bro outside of Firelink, goad him to the altar door and shoot him with arrows. He won't walk in and you can chump him for his sweet gear.

There seems to be **SPOILER** a lot of enemies you can do this to **SPOILER**

codo27 fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Apr 14, 2016

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Finally, Abyss Watchers down! Man, finally kept my cool and applied the poo poo I learned watching all those attacks and it felt good.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Sakurazuka posted:

How do you get the dude near the Crystal Sages to join your menagerie, is it just an Int check?

What dude?

Foulbrood
May 17, 2004

This is it, Jonesy!
I'm just driveby posting here without having read the thread (going through the game as dark as possible) but a quick question:

Is there a PS3/4 controller ui mod out for PC yet?

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

This is a major location spoiler btw.

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

Vinheim dude, and yeah, you need 10 Int.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Face the final room before the boss gate (so the boss gate should be opposite end from you), turn left and walk up to the wall, then turn right.

And you need 10 INT.

Nuggan
Jul 17, 2006

Always rolling skulls.

Inzombiac posted:

Charge up to him on the stairs so his back is to the cliff. When he winds up for an attack just kick him off. One of two kicks and he's done.

Edit: I've never even used the drat katana

Nuggan fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Apr 14, 2016

Elpato
Oct 14, 2009

I hate to spoil the ending, but...some stuff gets eaten, y'know?
Wow. Doing an Int/Str build heavily reliant on Magic Weapon and big rear end swords, and I encounteredCrystal Sage boss last night. My build hadn't come online as far as HP or stamina yet, and I would constantly get two-shotted in phase two with the boss at about 10% HP. I hung my head and summoned a Sunbro.

I'll try him solo with my next character that's not such a glass cannon. Victory seemed juuust out of reach every attempt, and I felt that doing it alone on that particular character was a near impossibility.

Black Knight was a surprise though. I hope these constant callbacks get addressed soon. They're a little too heavy-handed to not need explanation.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

f#a# posted:

Vinheim dude, and yeah, you need 10 Int.

Huh, I missed him. Where's he at? I've got 10 int.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

why do from love poison swamps so much

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
The question is why you, a Souls fan, do not like this critical component of Souls games?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

There's a large room with like two levels a bit before you hit the boss room, on the second level there's a sorcerer guy chilling in his crumbling lab who acted like he might come with me but wouldn't for some reason.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

turtlecrunch posted:

The question is why you, a Souls fan, do not like this critical component of Souls games?

i like killing things not running around collecting items using a poison cure now and then

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Fister Roboto posted:

What am I supposed to do for Aldritch's big arrow volley? It tracks me forever and rips me to shreds.

keep locked onto aldrich and just run in big circles, if you keep running you'll avoid arrows and the next volley of homing souls

also these jailers in the dungeon can eat my dick, those brands hurt

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

10 Int huh I probably could have scraped that together if I hadn't lost all my souls because of loving DOGS

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Why would you use a poison cure and not just accept the SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

Bogart posted:

e: the Master with the Uchigatana isn't too hard to bait if you use something like the Longsword's charged R2.

Bingo.

Beat that guy immediately upon starting the game on my second try. Back away from him until he makes his thrust, do yours JUST within range and then back up again.

Also, you can probably easily cheese him with firebombs/arrows from the roof above.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Am i blind or have they removed poise damage from a weapons stat screen?

stoicheian
Aug 10, 2007

Monomythian posted:

PvP sucks real bad compared to 2.

Way less build variety.

Everything thats not a straightsword is hella underpowered.

Status effects are worthless.

Hitboxes are the worst of both, its really easy to get stunlocked by successive hits but super difficult to connect hits with runners.

There are too many i-frames on rolls.

No arena.

Look at how wrong this guy is. You have infinite red eye orb, bluecop, purple, and a bell bro equivalent. I've been owning people with estoc, whip, and ax and bleed dagger. Bleed is awesome, not sure about poison. The combat is smooth as butter.

Elpato
Oct 14, 2009

I hate to spoil the ending, but...some stuff gets eaten, y'know?
I killed uchigatana dude with a fire whip. He had no answer to its range and burning sensation.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Snap opinion on a cool game:

I'm going away for the weekend so I poopsocked my way to having one playthrough under my belt. 26.5 hours, all bosses down but literally zero NPC questlines explored. Finished bouncing between +10 Great Axe and +5 Boss Soul Saw. Summoned for bosses that I couldn't solo on a few tries because for this run I had no interest in smashing my head into another O+S like the three hour ordeal from the first time I played DaS1. Still don't have a great idea of how to navigate the world map. Bosses I have no idea how I'll be able to beat solo but can't wait til I do: Aldrich, Gundyr 2.0, Lothric, Nameless King, Lord of Cinder.

This game is great but, first impressions, it still falls behind Bloodborne and DaS1. However, I'll need a few more runs before I can really lock in a fully fleshed out opinion on it. Cool game A++ would die again thanks for listening

e: Oh, I gave out a little cheer when I ran in to Havel!
e2: I forgot to go back and beat that stupid Tremors Worm. Is there any way to stop the ballista from murdering you?

weekly font fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Apr 14, 2016

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I also killed uchi with a bow but with backflips rather than doorways

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Really off the beaten path late game boss spoiler Who thought fusing ornstein and gwyn then giving them a dragon to ride was a good idea, cause holy poo poo

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

f#a# posted:

Being a bluecop seriously rocks. I've racked up 15 proofs of a concord kept.

However, I've recently run into an issue where I can't summon more than one person for a boss fight? I was only able to do one for Abyss Watchers, for example. Is there something intentional affecting this, or is it a bug?

What level/reinforcement/area are you getting summons in? I'm seriously at a loss as to why I just cannot get any bluecop antics going, and am trying to figure out what ranges work.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

is there an umbral ash that let's you buy infinite titanite chunks

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

voltron lion force posted:

Yeah I was asking about this earlier and managed to find it:

thank you

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

ShadowMar posted:

is there an umbral ash that let's you buy infinite titanite chunks

Sure is. Slabs too.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Here is my thought process when getting to that bridge in the catacombs.

Hmm, looks it could be a trap, can I see patches anywhere? maybe I should keep looking around and come back to this.

Huh, I heard a skeleton pop back up behind me, I better deal with him and...

Oh god.

OH GOD.

RUN! I DON'T CARE IF IT'S A TRAP RUUUUUN!!!

Using the trap AGAINST the skeletons and watching ALL of them go tumbling down never gets old. :allears:

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Jose posted:

i like killing things not running around collecting items using a poison cure now and then

Having two or three zones per game with really lovely design is a proud From Software tradition

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Jose posted:

why do from love poison swamps so much

Because they're rad as hell?

turtlecrunch posted:

turtlecrunch posted:

Why would you use a poison cure and not just accept the SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Especially because poison hurts less this game. No biggie.

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

Captain Oblivious posted:

What level/reinforcement/area are you getting summons in? I'm seriously at a loss as to why I just cannot get any bluecop antics going, and am trying to figure out what ranges work.

SL35, Rapier+4/HSGS+1, and I think you can be in pretty much any area and it'll still summon you regardless (e.g. I've been PvEing in Farron Keep and get summoned into Undead Settlement). I also undid all my hollowing, a stat which I hear lowers your priority. Also, I'm pretty sure there are locks in place where if you're in active combat or on a patrol path, you won't be summoned. I've had the best luck just walking around a bonfire.

Honestly, the hey-day of my bluecopping was back at around SL20/HSGS+0 though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I'm very happy that the swamp and the catacombs are both straight up better and more fun than their previous iterations :3:

Call it stockholm syndrome, but after going through Blighttown and the Catacombs (+ Tomb) so many times these new areas feels more like frolicking through a grassy meadow. No toxic blowdart jerks, no infinitely respawning skeletons, poison doesn't hurt as much, life is great.