Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
This show is such goofy fun. Starts out with "don't do anything to attract attention or alter the timeline" and ends up with them in their future-selves superhero outfits not giving a gently caress about anomalies.

Tiggum posted:

Now I want to watch a show about a team of time-travelling thieves, pulling off heists throughout history.
Be careful what you wish for - Hot Tub Time Machine 2 is not nearly as good as you're hoping.

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Apr 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Jack of Hearts posted:

Leaked ep stuff:

This is terrible, they cheaped out on the Hex makeup, and somehow the Hawkgirl storyline just got even worse. This show practically counts as pro-Savage propaganda by this point.

I think the best part was hardcore paintball players the hunters getting their asses kicked so easily. Don't worry though, the time masters are using T2 rules to finally stop the team.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Tiggum posted:

I've no idea what Lupin III is, but wasn't Carmen Sandiego about a group of kids tracking down a criminal by learning geography facts? That isn't really what I was thinking of.

Lupin III is the long-running anime franchise about the globe-trotting master thief, Arsene Lupin III

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I think the best part was hardcore paintball players the hunters getting their asses kicked so easily. Don't worry though, the time masters are using T2 rules to finally stop the team.

I couldn't believe Ray straight up murdered a guy! He's hardcore now.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
The year is 2016. Due to a malfunction on the Owl Clock, the team is thrown into an alternate dimension. Snart and Mick watch Arrow season 4 and scheme to kill the writer. That writer turns out to be Vandal Savage, who gets away in a handcrank car from the 1900s. Kendra and Ray visit a Starbucks and spill their coffee.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The year is 2016 and Rhyno can't handle the stereotypical young angry black man bullshit the writers are giving Jax and seriously the way Wentworth Miller delivers his lines got old after the second episode.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Rhyno posted:

The year is 2016 and Rhyno can't handle the stereotypical young angry black man bullshit the writers are giving Jax and seriously the way Wentworth Miller delivers his lines got old after the second episode.

He can talk normally when he wants to, like in that episode where he met his younger self, he just enjoys annoying the crap out of people with his supervillain shtick.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Rhyno posted:

Jax doesn't seem particularly angry. Hell, after Ray, he might be the most amiable member of the crew.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
You gotta admit, he's a bit of a hothead

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Jax is a naturally gifted athlete, as the show emphasizes. He's so good at athletics, because of his natural gifts, and his genetics, that he was born with. But he's not the smart one of the team, he's paired with a smart guy. Because his gift isn't intelligence. It's natural athletic ability. He's just a natural athlete. No idea why. Just good at athletics. Maybe he gets it from his dad. Just something about him. Natural athletic gift.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Look if you want a brilliant black scientist, watch Agent Carter.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

GreenNight posted:

Look if you want a brilliant black scientist, watch Agent Carter.

or Arrow

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Tiggum posted:

but wasn't Carmen Sandiego about a group of kids tracking down a criminal by learning geography facts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQ8tbKar3lg it's no Rockapella but still...

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Curtis is an engineer sorry :colbert:

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Krad posted:

I couldn't believe Ray straight up murdered a guy! He's hardcore now.

He just wants back on The Flash.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Binary Logic posted:

Be careful what you wish for - Hot Tub Time Machine 2 is not nearly as good as you're hoping.

This man is wrong, HTTM2 is exactly as amazing as it sounds.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
I love Ray.
You can keep your sarcastic Snart or bad boy Rory.
Sweet, enthusiastic, 'heart is his superpower' Ray is where it is at.

Atarask
Mar 8, 2008

Lord of Rigel Developer
The team goes to Jamestown in 1607 to stop Savage from assassinating a Virginia Company accountant. Stein is tried for witchcraft after accidentally leaving his watch on and Hunter is forced to make a decision. Snart and the Canary team up for a heist to steal a shipment of rum. Ray accidentally starts the triangular slave trade in the Americas.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
After a brief stopover in 1586, the team discovers the entire population of Roanoke Colony has stowed away on the Waverider. Meanwhile, Sara and Mick have a boxing match, and Professor Stein helps Kendra, who, after the events of the previous episode, has lost faith in her own barista skills.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

It's 1950, and Vandal Savage is trying to steal the top-secret recipe for the world's most beloved drink, Coca-Cola. The team must stop Savage before he takes control of the cool, refreshing, and nostalgic taste of all-American Coca-Cola, the drink that brings the world together. Rip, Ray, Sara, Snart, Rory, Kendra, Jax, and Stein enjoy glass bottle of classic Coca-Cola, the best-selling drink in the world for over a century. A single drop of condensation runs down the frosty glass.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

WarLocke posted:

This man is wrong, HTTM2 is exactly as amazing as it sounds.
Fine don't take only my word on it.

tessiebee posted:

I love Ray.

Bad boy Rory? I think Stein causes more problems and gets them into more troubling situations than anyone else.

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Apr 14, 2016

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Binary Logic posted:

Bad boy Rory? I think Stein causes more problems and gets them into more troubling situations than anyone else.

No no no, he means Rip Hunter Arthur Darville Rory the Last Centurion

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

tessiebee posted:

I love Ray.

I love how almost every line of his could be followed by the :haw: symbol.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

don't do this actually

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Binary Logic posted:

Fine don't take only my word on it.

well that movie was a fun piss take on time travel tropes, but did i enjoy it??

*checks tomatometer*

ah, i suppose i did not

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich
If Rip hadn't met his mentor Time Master and been greeted familiarly, by this point I'd actually be getting the idea that he's a hack fraud impostor time traveler like that guy from ST:TNG.

Like, this season would make a ton more sense if he was a criminal with a time machine hired by Vandal Savage to ensure his ascension. To the naked eye it appears that they are occasionally slightly inconveniencing him, but given that they're from the future, the fact that they're showing up at all (and repeatedly, so that he recognizes them) gives Vandal valuable information about the utility of his immediate plans, and helps direct him toward more useful enterprises.

Old Vandal: "Make sure I don't waste too much time on that Firestorm stuff, it's obsolete by 2050 anyway, and that Russian lady gets really clingy."

A twist like that wouldn't redeem the Hawkpeople, but at least I'd feel like this show had been going somewhere.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

So Hex will be a main character in season 2, I'm guessing.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Just start kidnapping historical figures who will help to try and destroy Savage.

Mick & Snart's Excellent Adventure. Rip can be Rufus.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Replace the council of Time Masters with these people:

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Gonz posted:

Replace the council of Time Masters with these people:

Be excellent to each other.

GreenNight fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Apr 15, 2016

TEAH SYAG
Oct 2, 2009

by Lowtax
At this point, if they changed the show to Cooking up History with Vandal Savage I'm sure everyone would be happy.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

GreenNight posted:

Be excellent to each other.

Party on dude.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
RIP Big Man

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
I love how even Rip is acknowledging at this point how much of a fuckup they all are. The Time Masters are right, they're the single greatest threat that Hypertime has ever known.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

GreenNight posted:

So Hex will be a main character in season 2, I'm guessing.

Maybe, maybe not. It partially depends on if Hex's iconic look would become logistically difficult or if they could get away with healing it. And if the actor wants to reprise the role and the fans want more. Hex is always a fan favorite, but nothing about this episode really made me want to see more Hex.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Chokes McGee posted:

I love how even Rip is acknowledging at this point how much of a fuckup they all are. The Time Masters are right, they're the single greatest threat that Hypertime has ever known.

Look you guys shouldn't go into town because you will just gently caress stuff up

*proceeds to do exactly that*

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Xelkelvos posted:

Hex is always a fan favorite, but nothing about this episode really made me want to see more Hex.

Yeah, I have no idea what he's like in the comics, but the character we got in the show was totally uninteresting.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich
I actually started reading comics after the first season of Flash. For a long time I lacked context. But now? I want Booster Gold to show up and beat Rip Hunter to death.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Oh my god the timeline must be in utter agony right now, wailing desperately as it is ripped and ravaged to and fro.

All of a sudden, Barry Allen pops up from a portal and high-fives the team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
The whole warning people not to modify the past, and then the person/persons doing exactly that seems to be a pretty common occurrence on this and Flash.

• Locked thread