Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
Later

quote:

Before you going to the Party at the Mal, yo the work, with LATER, find in advance the people who will be on this place.

About this project

Later is a wave of inspiration of the app Tinder and Happn.

Let me explain why : ·

Tinder is the first app that revolutionized Dating. The concept of geographically close to the user.

Basically, to meet new people; everything happens in the PRESENT MOMENT. ·

Happn, is the second app of Dating having changed the game with their concept "FIND THE PEOPLE YOU'VE CROSSED PATHS WITH ".

Basically everything is in the PAST MOMENT.

VERY ORIGINAL !!!!

Now what he would do to change again the situation in this field ??

THAT'S SIMPLE !!!!

Create an application that will happen in the FUTURE NOW. This is how LATER was born.

Before going to the Party, at the Mall iot go to the work, with LATER, discover in advance the people who will be on this place

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

No one parties at the mall.

Source: GBS Deadmall5 thread.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Otisburg posted:

No one parties at the mall.

Source: GBS Deadmall5 thread.

That's right, they're all at the Mal.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Ville Valo posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1968200734/wave-goodbye-to-cyberbullies-and-trolls-socialauto

Wave goodbye to cyberbullies... because we're gonna doxx the poo poo out of 'em or something.

These people are borderline inhuman levels of insufferable

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

CJacobs posted:

These people are borderline inhuman levels of insufferable

The same could be said of all thin-skinned millennial pissbabies.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

(Also the maker was supposedly doxxed in response to the Kickstarter. She did not think this through).

Actually it sounds like they got exactly the reaction they wanted.

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.
So they're automatically aggregating peoples social media content and trying to attach it to a real name? Surely they realize that their website will doxx just as many innocent people as trolls, if not more because trolls probably know how to stay anonymous?

edit: I guess they're manually adding them, which makes their goal of 150,000 profiles a bit questionable. How much digging can you really even do at that scale.

Xandu has a new favorite as of 05:23 on Apr 14, 2016

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
This is gonna turn out just as well as that time Doobie doxxed gay people. And no less retarded.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Great, the LORE guy have moved on from games to apps.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
I wonder what their plan is when that person that posted "you tit game on point girl" on a Laci Green video is shockingly 14 and oops they just publicly released the personal information of a minor and gently caress-

Another in a long line of kickstarters that should hire an attorney as soon as they are funded and that attorney will be professional obligated to tell them to not do their entire business plan.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Ville Valo posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1968200734/wave-goodbye-to-cyberbullies-and-trolls-socialauto

Wave goodbye to cyberbullies... because we're gonna doxx the poo poo out of 'em or something.

What the gently caress! In their pitch video there's an image of a fake article about Chris-chan's suicide at 0:39.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Paladinus posted:

What the gently caress! In their pitch video there's an image of a fake article about Chris-chan's suicide at 0:39.

please tell me people have stopped harassing that intensely autistic man

edit:

get a liiiiiiiiffffffffeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Pomp has a new favorite as of 14:18 on Apr 14, 2016

Dr Sun Try
May 23, 2009

Plaster Town Cop

Pomp posted:

I guess you're new to the internet?

ClownSyndrome
Sep 2, 2011

Do you think love can bloom on bob-omb Battlefield?
Has this been posted? AirTube: Everyday Carry Air Conditioner

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/770057733/airtube-designed-to-make-breathing-a-refreshing-ex?ref=discovery

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Pomp posted:

edit:

get a liiiiiiiiffffffffeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Probably not, but I'm fairly sure he (she?) is still alive.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I don't think he's a woman anymore

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

yeah using a 7 year old phone is pretty uncool

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Fat Pony posted:

I would pay so much money to see this Kickstarter pitched on Shark Tank. Look past the bad product and ludicrous backer rewards and just listen to the pitch video.

I never really thought about it that way, but I do get the same schadenfreude from Shark Tank as looking at bad Kickstarters :haw:

Also this is horrible.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

ClownSyndrome posted:

Has this been posted? AirTube: Everyday Carry Air Conditioner

Finally, a kickstarter that both sucks and blows. :v:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Zaphod42 posted:

I never really thought about it that way, but I do get the same schadenfreude from Shark Tank as looking at bad Kickstarters :haw:

Also this is horrible.

I still don't understand why I would want clothes made out of towels. I'm guessing their thinking is it keeps you dry at like the beach, but towels are super absorbent and get really loving heavy when wet. That's not comfortable!

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
http://gizmodo.com/failed-kickstart...aign=thursdayAM

quote:

The latest tale of crowdfunding woe is Coolest, a company that was meant to build an all-singing, all-dancing cooler with a built-in blender and Bluetooth speaker. The project was funded to the tune of $13 million, but that’s when things started to go wrong.

The February 2015 shipping date came and went, with a laundry list of problems around the design and manufacturing. Delivery began in July 2015, before a strike at the manufacturer of the blender motor halted production.

At some point, Coolest realized it had been promising the impossible: the $200ish that Kickstarter backers had pledged was below the cost price of the coolers, and Coolest ran out of money to continue production.

Coolest sent out an update to backers, offering them the chance to pay $97 to receive their coolers by July. If backers don’t fork up the extra cash, they won’t receive their coolers for a long time yet—assuming, of course, that the company hasn’t folded by then.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Zaphod42 posted:

Also this is horrible.

My favorite Shark Tank pitches are the phone app ones. Although a couple of them were legit moneymakers and got deals, most of them completely flounder when the sharks are like "And how are you going to make money with this free app?"

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Waffleman_ posted:

I still don't understand why I would want clothes made out of towels. I'm guessing their thinking is it keeps you dry at like the beach, but towels are super absorbent and get really loving heavy when wet. That's not comfortable!

dunno about actual clothes but a towelling hat comes in drat useful at times. I sure as hell wouldn't go swimming in it though.

You could conceivably wear those clothes over swimming gear and just wander around in them after you'd been for a swim but you'd look mighty strange. Still might beat lugging a beach towel around if you're going to spend a day near the water.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Wasn't a lot of the trouble for this thing from not valuing stretch goals correctly? Like, if they hit their asking price, they could've made the cooler they wanted to, but they kept adding stuff from stretch goals and it became unwieldy? Because it's not any less tragic or funny, but definitely more understandable.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
:siren:

Quantum of Phallus posted:

yeah using a 7 year old phone is pretty uncool
I wonder if she ever hit "send", or if this heartbreaking piece of evil bullying never made it online.

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

is this the new star citizen thread

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Happy Sisyphus posted:

What's happened to the old one? Who wanted to doxx whom?

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

Paladinus posted:

What's happened to the old one? Who wanted to doxx whom?

pretty sure it was derek talking about man of many aliases

e; lol yeah

Happy Sisyphus has a new favorite as of 21:00 on Apr 14, 2016

beep_boop
Feb 2, 2016

Happy Sisyphus posted:

I don't even know what to do with my life anymore. :cry:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Okay, so a funny thing's happened. Out of curiosity I went to that anti-bullying website and added my own youtube channel to their database. It gave me some error, but now, after 5 hours or so, I get not one, but two identical spam messages

My channel has no videos and only two random subscribers and this is the first time I get any spam at all.
Can someone try to replicate that? If those idiots sell peoples' account info to spammers, I'd like to file a complaint, because this is beyond some silly talk about cyberbullying, especially considering anyone can add anyone.

Happy Sisyphus posted:

pretty sure it was derek talking about man of many aliases

e; lol yeah

If this is who I think it is, this man through reregs, avatars and other bullshit has contributed something like a thousand dollars to this forum. It's in everyone's interest to keep him as free as a bird (until he catches another ban).

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
The mods are gonna have to reopen the Star Citizen thread when Lowtax realizes that it earned about 50% of the forums revenue.

edit: lol that was fast

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Lol, it got suspended. Probably because of the aforementioned spamming. :v:

Lodin has a new favorite as of 23:56 on Apr 14, 2016

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Lodin posted:

Lol, it got suspended. Probably because of the aforementioned spamming. :v:

I hope they won't try to spin it as some sort of a political move from kickstarter to attract more attention to this project, and instead will just move on to something completely different.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
At least they managed to do what they set out to do. They broke the Internet by managing to get suspended by Kickstarter, a thing that's almost impossible to achieve.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Paladinus posted:

If this is who I think it is, this man through reregs, avatars and other bullshit has contributed something like a thousand dollars to this forum. It's in everyone's interest to keep him as free as a bird (until he catches another ban).

But I thought Seraph lost his job and his Bitcoin fortune?

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
e oops

Nirvikalpa
Aug 20, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Ever wanted a dildo that looked like a gold-sprinkled turd?

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/bodyfriendly-adult-toys-in-balance-with-your-body#/

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
A dildo for vegans.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.
The dollar just doesn't get you as much dildo as it used to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
It's because demand for dildos rose during that Bundy occupation thing.