Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Oodles posted:

Hi chill thread. My puss cat has to go for an operation. I miss her. :concern:

wanna pet that catte

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Eonwe posted:

yeah, in 2008 when I joined it was probably pretty easy to get probated, so I stayed well within the lines and never posted like I wanted

when Kewpuh really started as mod I think it loosened up a lot, and you guys kind of have kept that trend up

Kewpuh was a really great mod and the first thing he said to me was "remember that the forum is for the posters" which is absolutely true. I don't own Games and I don't want to limit discourse. I just want to be there in case someone needs to remember to be a bit nicer or take some time out.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Eonwe posted:

wanna pet that catte

Her brother.

Oodles fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Apr 14, 2016

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
good catte and good modde

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't know if a lot of people liked Louisgod but I thought he was a fairly decent mod what with trying to keep poo poo in line.

I could be wrong though.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

The only mod I remember was the one with the Planescape avatar. I just remember not wanting to annoy mods.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

thread needs more dogges

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Unfunny Poster posted:

I don't know if a lot of people liked Louisgod but I thought he was a fairly decent mod what with trying to keep poo poo in line.

I could be wrong though.

louisgod once tried to mod challenge a girl to post tits

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

louisgod once tried to mod challenge a girl to post tits

Ok, taking back that comment then.

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

VideoGames posted:

Really, as a forum I think our rule systems are much more chill than the past and it takes quite a bit for us to meter out the harsh punishments.

I really, really miss punctuation. I don't know about you.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Xolve posted:

I braved the wilds of Saranen local to import ships for honorable space combat with you.

i was on fleets since this morning, but i am now chilling in saranen and ready whenever.

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi
I'm real glad this thread exists. So... who knows how to get into Groon now? Just wanna spaceships and chill, you know?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

jiggerypokery posted:

I really, really miss punctuation. I don't know about you.

i dont

Bonfire Lit
Jul 9, 2008

If you're one of the sinners who caused this please unfriend me now.

Nietzschean posted:

i was on fleets since this morning, but i am now chilling in saranen and ready whenever.
please take eve in moderation this time lyris, don't burn out again over siegefleets

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

Bonfire Lit posted:

please take eve in moderation this time lyris, don't burn out again over siegefleets

This. Lyris, you need to join groon with some buddies and we'll all chill and have fun in moderation.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

same

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

mpaarating posted:

This. Lyris, you need to join groon with some buddies and we'll all chill and have fun in moderation.

what is groon even doing these days is it chill?

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

Landsknecht posted:

what is groon even doing these days is it chill?

I've heard rumors that they are in synd and that its filling with chill dudes. I cannot confirm it firsthand though.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

mpaarating posted:

I've heard rumors that they are in synd and that its filling with chill dudes. I cannot confirm it firsthand though.

i played with groon once or twice wayback in like 09/10 when pyrion was doing stuff 3x a week before he got dota-famous

it was really weird seeing pyrion get dota famous after flying around in 10man gangs for quite a while with him

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

mpaarating posted:

c

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
rifter update: eve connection died and will not connect. may have to postpone until some indefinite future? will advise.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mpaarating posted:

its really nice of you to offer but im happy in waffe.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Nietzschean posted:

its really nice of you to offer but im happy in waffe.

hes in bos anyway

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

hes in bos anyway

Wrong thread deadtear.

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

hes in bos anyway

You should join groon on a dude and play eve with us! (Not being sarcastic, I mean it)

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
I spent my 2013 newbie time in syndicate with SV and the old boys like garnt and suas and koska

Was v chill imo

nessin
Feb 7, 2010
Is there a collected list of all the Citadel information that hasn't made it into a blog on the CCP side? Or has, but has been filtered down to actual information. Really curious, now that I've toyed with them on the test server, how much CCP expects them to cost and keep fueled (per service used) or what the final skill requirements look like.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

mpaarating posted:

You should join groon on a dude and play eve with us! (Not being sarcastic, I mean it)

not now, not ever

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

not now, not ever

Wrong thread deadtear.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

nessin posted:

Is there a collected list of all the Citadel information that hasn't made it into a blog on the CCP side? Or has, but has been filtered down to actual information. Really curious, now that I've toyed with them on the test server, how much CCP expects them to cost and keep fueled (per service used) or what the final skill requirements look like.

i think the different sizes have vastly different requirements and they're probably just like a wayyy better pos? if you're a smalltime alliance I could see you putting one up in NPC 0.0 or w/e and chilling

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

mpaarating posted:

Wrong thread deadtear.

then why are you in it #gotem

Red Crown
Oct 20, 2008

Pretend my finger's a knife.

ChickenWing posted:

red crown it's important that you know that emote-fu lives

emote-fu is The Terrible Secret of Space Jabber

jiggerypokery posted:

I endorse this product and/or service. I have not played this game in years, but I have regularly cooked beef since and often combined with wosterchestershire sauce. I remember flying in your fleets red crown. Gone but not forgotten. Good times were had.

Glad to hear I didn't drive everyone insane :hf:

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Red Crown posted:

emote-fu is The Terrible Secret of Space Jabber

Glad to hear I didn't drive everyone insane :hf:

redcrown when i was 2 or 3 days into my initial eve trial, i was told to get down to 0-W immediately, and ended up in some free frigates with you leading a domi station camp when the bad guys tried to make a break for it, and for some reason I had fit a remote sebo onto my free maulus and was trying to rsebo you but ended up damping you instead and you screamed my name over comms and i felt awful about it for months because i thought you would kick me from GSF because i did it

thats my redcrown story!

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I rewatched O Brother Where Art Thou? today and it's just as good as I remembered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08e9k-c91E8

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

Oodles posted:

Better?

She was sucking up bile, and went to the vet and he felt a lump. She's only 4 so hopefully it's not serious.

keep us updated

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
I was also shocked that pyrion flax became dota famous. This is the guy I'll always think of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bkzv-3vJn4w

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Nietzschean posted:

Oh, sorry, been cruising the vast wasteland of Branch, Tenal and Vale scooping up sweet firesales.

Bought a Nidhoggur for 23m isk because someone is bad at zeros.

Also- I think I used the slowest jump frieghter nerd in the history of EVE: Online. My poo poo is still not in Saranen. Heads will roll. /madpost

Denis
Apr 8, 2015

Gevlon donated 700 800 bills, that's what i call chill.

Red Crown
Oct 20, 2008

Pretend my finger's a knife.

Otacon posted:

redcrown when i was 2 or 3 days into my initial eve trial, i was told to get down to 0-W immediately, and ended up in some free frigates with you leading a domi station camp when the bad guys tried to make a break for it, and for some reason I had fit a remote sebo onto my free maulus and was trying to rsebo you but ended up damping you instead and you screamed my name over comms and i felt awful about it for months because i thought you would kick me from GSF because i did it

thats my redcrown story!

thanks for sharing

that was from a time before I found the chill thread :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Xolve posted:

Oh, sorry, been cruising the vast wasteland of Branch, Tenal and Vale scooping up sweet firesales.

Bought a Nidhoggur for 23m isk because someone is bad at zeros.

I'll buy it from you for 50m!

that's double what you paid! great deal!

• Locked thread