Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mechayahiko
May 27, 2011

Doctor Rope
I've made a crew in Granblue called So Awful if you want better strike times. They are 10 AM and 10 PM MST. My ID is 10707905.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Dr. Video Games 0050 posted:

Can someone tell me what this game is about? Match 3 etc?

RPG battler grindfest collectathon. Another one of those :v:.

Except with heavy FF trappings between the art director having worked on SNES FF and Nobuo Uematsu being the primary composer for the music I believe.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Mechayahiko posted:

I've made a crew in Granblue called So Awful if you want better strike times. They are 10 AM and 10 PM MST. My ID is 10707905.

My Strike Times are pretty good already in the jp crew I'm in, but I don't really chat with them or anything so I might jump ship to an SA crew. I sent you a friend request regardless.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.
Same, sent one as geektox

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy
Sent a friend request too. I got a leftover reroll account from another player from when they had the big 70-pull promo last month, so upside, got a bunch of good stuff. Downside, have a terrible name that I can't change for another 74 days. My ID is 10159230.

Souplesse
May 31, 2011

Gentlemoas.

Mechayahiko posted:

Sounds good, sent a friend request as Souplesse. Should we start donating to set up crew buffs and such, or should people who just started keep their rupees for something?

Souplesse fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Apr 14, 2016

Mechayahiko
May 27, 2011

Doctor Rope
Up to you if you want to donate or not. Going to gun for the drop rate increase upgrade. Its 20k I think.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

How do we get into the crew?

Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

Granblue is a really solid game, its got enough depth to make it less mindless than similar phone RPGs. Probably deserves its own thread.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Well, I decided to hop over to the SA ship. I guess there's a 24hr wait period before it goes through? It says I'm in So Awful, but I can't donate or anything yet.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Well I guess I may get a thread up tomorrow when I'm not being too lazy.

Been enjoying the translation as inconsistent as it maybe in some spots, reading the old fate episodes on why everyones joining your crew is nice.

And it looks like theres a surprise ticket / star gacha tomorrow to fleece the dolphins. Surprise tickets are a solid bet if you're considering throwing money at the game, alittle pricy at 3,000 yen(roughly $25 usd?). But you get a 10 roll ticket and a selection ticket that'll let you pick the majority of characters in the current pool. Its a nice way to get something you really want without whaling like a fiend, outside of limited time characters/exclusives/etc.

Never go for the star gacha unless you've got money to throw around, it basically assures you an SSR in a 10 roll for 3,000 yen. And do pay attention, sometimes its a character or summon star gacha.

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
Is this one of those games where you play the tutorial 50 times to try and get a SSS super rare creature with your first set of currency?

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Yup. Which is why it was great to do that a couple weeks ago when you got 70 free rolls and double SSR rate.

That said, plenty of SRs are good enough from what I can tell. You don't need an SSR, but it's obviously the easiest/cheapest way to get one is rerolling.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Crash_N_Burn posted:

Granblue is a really solid game, its got enough depth to make it less mindless than similar phone RPGs. Probably deserves its own thread.

Okay I did it. Click here to make all your dreams posts about Granblue Fantasy.

Drakes posted:

Well I guess I may get a thread up tomorrow when I'm not being too lazy.

Oops, sorry.

Drakes posted:

And it looks like theres a surprise ticket / star gacha tomorrow to fleece the dolphins. Surprise tickets are a solid bet if you're considering throwing money at the game, alittle pricy at 3,000 yen(roughly $25 usd?). But you get a 10 roll ticket and a selection ticket that'll let you pick the majority of characters in the current pool. Its a nice way to get something you really want without whaling like a fiend, outside of limited time characters/exclusives/etc.

Never go for the star gacha unless you've got money to throw around, it basically assures you an SSR in a 10 roll for 3,000 yen. And do pay attention, sometimes its a character or summon star gacha.

Also if you do buy it I think it means that the Surprise Dash won't show up any more?

Potsticker fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Apr 14, 2016

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
I just discovered Football Coach which has been a fun little timewaster lately (although I may be biased towards football stuff, per my av).

You basically coach/manage a college team with simplistic game-planning, and after each year you spend money on new freshmen with a limited budget (tied to your "prestige") while your upperclassmen leave through graduation or the draft. It's all text and simplistic and nerdy and I like it, seasons go pretty quick. It looks like they just updated it with "hard" mode which adds injuries to the game and forces you to have depth in your position groups, which I haven't tried yet as I'm finishing up my "easy" run.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Jewel Road is a new match 3 out with a really attractive art style and a unique diagonal sliding mechanic. Its free with no IAPs (it probably has ads though I assume).

Also out this week and just in time for the show's revival is a new Powerpuff Girls game that switches between a match 3 and a brawler depending on your device's orientation. It's actually quite good.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Apr 15, 2016

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

I 100%ed Puzzle Craft 1 and I literally just noticed the existence of Puzzle Craft 2. How much will its (I'm assuming sight unseen) f2p bullshit make me hate life?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Knightmare posted:

I just discovered Football Coach which has been a fun little timewaster lately (although I may be biased towards football stuff, per my av).

You basically coach/manage a college team with simplistic game-planning, and after each year you spend money on new freshmen with a limited budget (tied to your "prestige") while your upperclassmen leave through graduation or the draft. It's all text and simplistic and nerdy and I like it, seasons go pretty quick. It looks like they just updated it with "hard" mode which adds injuries to the game and forces you to have depth in your position groups, which I haven't tried yet as I'm finishing up my "easy" run.

Thanks for the rec, football stranger. I'll check it out.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Sir Unimaginative posted:

I 100%ed Puzzle Craft 1 and I literally just noticed the existence of Puzzle Craft 2. How much will its (I'm assuming sight unseen) f2p bullshit make me hate life?

It's the most IAP pushing app I have ever seen.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

mrkillboy posted:

Jewel Road is a new match 3 out with a really attractive art style and a unique diagonal sliding mechanic. Its free with no IAPs (it probably has ads though I assume).

I installed it, then played three levels. There was an ad after each. Oh well.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Any good single player offline games released this year that I can play on a plane?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Chas McGill posted:

Any good single player offline games released this year that I can play on a plane?

I'm not sure when it came out, but Framed is a good one.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Rapner posted:

It's the most IAP pushing app I have ever seen.

Well that's a drat shame; thank you.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Sir Unimaginative posted:

Well that's a drat shame; thank you.

It's a pity because it's quite good. My GF plays the poo poo out of it, but I can't stand the IAP pushing. Normally I don't mind it at all and play a lot of games with IAP pushing, but it will show you 3 offers in a row multiple types and hour, and I've had to grind buildings that once I build them I discover they have no purpose other than to spend the cash currency...

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I'm not sure when it came out, but Framed is a good one.

This?

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

That would be it.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Not sure where I came across it first but Dungeons of Evermore is simple but enjoyable.
And surprisingly unknown.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nationssoftware.DungeonEvermore

Konsek
Sep 4, 2006

Slippery Tilde

ModeSix posted:

Another one if you want some puzzle action is Transmission.

REALLY good, absolutely 100% free, no ads, no iap, also made by the Science Museum of somewhere, it's a brief history of telecommunications.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lojugames.games.transmission

edit: turns out it's Science Museum in London, UK

They have a couple other apps too, which are puzzly and interesting. (also 100% free, no ads or iap)

Rugged Rovers - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.preloaded.RuggedRovers

InfoAge+ - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fishinabottle.informationage12

I had fun with Transmission, thanks for that.

The idea of Rugged Rovers was interesting but the game itself was a bit boring. Are there any other games where you have to create your own contraptions or vehicles? I tried Bad Piggies but didn't care for it much.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Konsek posted:

The idea of Rugged Rovers was interesting but the game itself was a bit boring. Are there any other games where you have to create your own contraptions or vehicles? I tried Bad Piggies but didn't care for it much.

I really like SimpleRockets and SimplePlanes, which take quite a lot of inspiration from Kerbal Space Program. They're more sandboxy games than objective based however.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Apr 17, 2016

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Harvest Moon: Seeds of Memories is out on the Play Store. While it is a fully fledged Harvest Moon farming sim, IMO the new art style doesn't look so hot.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

mrkillboy posted:

Harvest Moon: Seeds of Memories is out on the Play Store. While it is a fully fledged Harvest Moon farming sim, IMO the new art style doesn't look so hot.

As someone who likes Harvest Moon, this game is ugly and short. The game play is OK, but it's just kinda bland. It's also not made by Marvellous who made nearly every other HM game, since they parted ways with Natsume.

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer
I'm looking for more time management or puzzle games. I just finished all of Bag It, which was just what I like.

I want single player games please, and bonus if they work offline, but not necessary.

Other things I've enjoyed:
Flight Director
Airport Mania
Alchemy
Threequal (Set)
Ruzzle (I love Boggle, this was an exception to my desire not to play with people)
Spaceteam (ok this too but you have to play in person)
7x7
Space Physics

Thanks in advance

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Defenestration posted:

I'm looking for more time management or puzzle games. I just finished all of Bag It, which was just what I like.

I want single player games please, and bonus if they work offline, but not necessary.

Other things I've enjoyed:
Flight Director
Airport Mania
Alchemy
Threequal (Set)
Ruzzle (I love Boggle, this was an exception to my desire not to play with people)
Spaceteam (ok this too but you have to play in person)
7x7
Space Physics

Thanks in advance

Insert obligatory Hungry Cat Picross recommendation here.

I was also looking up your list (how have I never heard of Ruzzle?) and noticed there's an Airport Mania 2.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Evidently someone involved with Rewards Surveys doesn't realize that a college student might not be a freshman-senior (grad student, anyone?). Also, the app keeps giving me the "There was a problem submitting your answers" crap for the last couple weeks; anyone else having problems getting their dosh?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

hooah posted:

Evidently someone involved with Rewards Surveys doesn't realize that a college student might not be a freshman-senior (grad student, anyone?). Also, the app keeps giving me the "There was a problem submitting your answers" crap for the last couple weeks; anyone else having problems getting their dosh?

I'll have errors sometimes at work where our WiFi is lovely on its best days, but it always shows up eventually if I check back later.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!
I haven't had a rewards survey in forever. I answer my surveys honestly, too, and even went to a Home Depot recently...

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

Defenestration posted:

Flight Director
Threequal (Set)
Space Physics

I can't seem to find these in the US store. What are they?

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

The Sean posted:

I haven't had a rewards survey in forever. I answer my surveys honestly, too, and even went to a Home Depot recently...

I stopped getting surveys when I hit like $20 banked. Spent it all and started getting 2-4 a week again.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

I only ever get location surveys now for going to stuff like Chili's and JCPenneys. Good thing I'm a knob that goes to those kinds of places.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Konsek
Sep 4, 2006

Slippery Tilde

mrkillboy posted:

I really like SimpleRockets and SimplePlanes, which take quite a lot of inspiration from Kerbal Space Program. They're more sandboxy games than objective based however.

Thanks I will look at those!