Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
Noted poster melkor admitted to keeping extensive notes on posters in case he types 'lol' in response to someone he once disagreed with thus making him more obsessively autistic than Derek Smart whilst being nowhere near as entertaining, and he's still tolerated. Redux's friend's post was way worse than that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

WANT A MELTDOWN? KEEP READING FROM YOUR MOTHERS BASEMENTS WHILE YOU BEAT YOUR TINY DICK SECRETLY THINKING OF SANDI YOU HYPOCRITICAL PIECES OF HUMAN GARBAGE.

CrazyLoon posted:

B_of_InfoRedux - let me tell you exactly what I laughed at last night. I laughed at the fact that you originally came in here trying to promote your blog, and what a sensitive nancy you've been since time immemorial. Every goddamn time from you it's been: "Plz, don't make fun of Ben being fat." or "Wow chill on Sandi hate guise," yet when your own wife brings out the claws on an internet forum and tries to start stupid slapfight with hyper-sensitive and defensive approaches like 'oval office', suddenly here you are rooting for her. I laugh at how you're trying to spin all this, like how you both totally puppetmastered us all and presenting yourselves like you don't even *care* if you care, when everyone with half a brain knows you're hoping to draw more hate-reading to your dumbass blogs and writing by doing this. Or maybe you aren't, and are just hoping to win an internet argument, in which case that makes you even more hilarious.

Are you getting the pattern here yet? You're not making jokes ITT - you haven't made a single funny one in fact. But you *are* however a joke of a person at least, so by all means spam posts some more to prove that assertion wrong some more.

When was the last time I "promoted my blog"? The one I don't even have. Or radio show as some attested. Or whatever else.

Either way, I get the point. I haven't contributed in some time. So with that, I'll take your advice.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

FrankieGoes posted:

gently caress that. I'm buying mine an account and forcing her to do so.

I've already forced her to listen to my trauma, so she can read my trauma now

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

When was the last time I "promoted my blog"? The one I don't even have. Or radio show as some attested. Or whatever else.

Either way, I get the point. I haven't contributed in some time. So with that, I'll take your advice.

Oh wait, are you the guy with the blog?

Your writing loving blows

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Like seriously loving blows. If you feel offended, it's because you're not a writer of any merit

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

So, she makes a joking comment and is probated? Alright then.

Guess telling someone to "suck my oval office" is to much for Something Awful's sensitivity.

Bet you loved the laughs though.

Yea it was really funny, the probation that is. Not the post, the post was awful.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

X-Ultron posted:

lol at 3 second card reader -> security control board -> door actuator transaction. It should be nearly instantaneous in a well designed system.

Im the guy having to stand watch at the door so that no one without an ID waltz in while the doors wait to be closed defeating the entire purpose of a rfid door lock in the first lace.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Milky Moor posted:

if my SO came onto SA to defend some bad posts i made i'd probably actually murder myself

If you had an SO you wouldnt be posting on SA.

SO or SA, you pick one. Not both.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

CrazyLoon posted:

Yeah, she sure was :airquote:joking:airquote: by being a defensive spouse, alright. You haven't learned a drat thing from yesterday.

Hey..this sort of reminds me of something....

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

No, as I don't care. Which is what I find it so amusing someone was so clearly bothered by name calling on the internet. That shits hilarious.

hehe yea, that is really funny

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Please add nms or spoiler tags to horrors of that magnitude

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Samizdata posted:

If so, I must have totally missed it. :confused:

It was sillybones!

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

X-Ultron posted:

lol at 3 second card reader -> security control board -> door actuator transaction. It should be nearly instantaneous in a well designed system.

It'll break down in two weeks and they'll have to wedge it open with some restoration hardware

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Thirsty Dog posted:

It was sillybones!

He accuses lots of people of being lots of things, please do not take it seriously. That Melkor thing was really weird.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

Guess telling someone to "suck my oval office" is to much for Something Awful's sensitivity.

I do love to laugh thank u comando

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

Not saying it wasn't. Just wondering, honestly why the constant steam of "Sandi is a oval office" is okay. Being called bitch of info redux is okay. Yet saying suck my oval office is not? Bad post? Sure. Any different from other things said? Not really.

Just kinda strange. But hey what happened happened. Is what it is.

I'm aware and sad that the thread has treated both of you unjustly I will be first to mend my ways and make posting here a more affirming activity for all of us

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I'm aware and sad that the thread has treated both of you unjustly I will be first to mend my ways and make posting here a more affirming activity for all of us

:same:

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

No, just stop, your cred in this forum is low, like bens life expectancy low.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

Not saying it wasn't. Just wondering, honestly why the constant steam of "Sandi is a oval office" is okay. Being called bitch of info redux is okay. Yet saying suck my oval office is not? Bad post? Sure. Any different from other things said? Not really.

Just kinda strange. But hey what happened happened. Is what it is.

I think everyone saw that probation coming the minute the post was made. It wasn't the words per se, it was the "attitude" if you will, same reason why sometimes a person can get away with using the n-word and other times they'll get probated or banned for the same thing. Whenever you make a post like that you are taking the chances that it will be ill received.

Ravachol
Apr 4, 2016

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

Are you absolutely certain there aren't stairs in your house?

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

Please post more about things that are to do with you and nothing else.

Salt n Reba McEntire
Nov 14, 2000

Kuparp.
I believe this is the first time in over fifteen years I've said this but:

Good lord please lurk more.

By which I mean read other forums here, find something else that you like, and - and this is the important bit - don't post for a few months. Please.

(This is just advice. I am also a bloody terrible poster.)

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Sillybones posted:

Please post more about things that are to do with you and nothing else.

same but me

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Can we talk about doors

Let's talk about doors

I didn't spend two weeks making this video about a door

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8C0hh1NcSo

thank you

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Go post in GBS. I'm serious. Go post in GBS and see how they respond. This isn't me being vindictive, I think you'd be surprised at the reaction you might get.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Daztek posted:

Can we talk about doors

Let's talk about doors

thank you

yayyyyyyyy

This a good thing.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

A Neurotic Jew posted:

uh big deal does Frontier have any doors like this?!?

https://twitter.com/Devourlick/status/720789455775395840

So to start with you work on the pitch and worry if people will be interested. Then it goes well, far better than anyone could have expected, the money keeps rolling in breaking all records and the fans start sending you gifts, food, alcohol, alien designed bladed weapons, telling you how great you are.

You make a pledge to always treat them right, you can't thank them enough, trust us to build your dream we are grateful. The fans love you on the forums, asking questions about the game, sure we can do that, anything you want, a few forum accounts cause trouble, swearing saying terrible things posting naughty pictures, well guess we have to ban a few people, no real choice.

Later you decide to move your headquarters from Austin to Hollywood, sure it's a lot more expensive but you're building a dream here, it's going to take time, more time that you thought so you deserve it and the fans think you're awesome, most of them anyway, the ones that understand the realities of what you are doing. Lost a few staff here, nobody important, it's better to have people who understand the dream.

The LA office is a bit small, it seemed fine to start but not enough room, we'll move to a bigger studio and modify it inside to make best use of the space. The fans will love it and everyone you show around can see the potential.

You're forum banning people for asking legitimate questions about what's going on now, a few who make you look bad on other websites too, gently caress 'em. You have loyal fans and those out to destroy you, those who don't understand why you need to spend $20k on a coffee machine, who laugh at the amazing artwork on the walls.

You don't really think too hard about how you got here, "why don't you guys send so many gifts anymore?" you say on camera. None of us here really understand the backers anymore, we talk to the loyal ones, they are the real fans, those who still believe, brb I'm going to tweet a video of our new automated entrance door that looks like a spaceship.

AP fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Apr 15, 2016

Tsar Mikey
Nov 30, 2005

When will then be now?

Daztek posted:

Can we talk about doors

Let's talk about doors

thank you

I love talking about their lovely doors and I love this video you made.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Marching Powder posted:

Noted poster melkor admitted to keeping extensive notes on posters in case he types 'lol' in response to someone he once disagreed with
Would you engage in friendly banter with Seraph if he was a funny pedophile?

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Kakarot posted:

Please add nms or spoiler tags to horrors of that magnitude

Imagine having to gently caress that thing.

Imagine what his balls look like

Brazilianpeanutwar fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Apr 15, 2016

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Once again, Melkor is right.

It's like if you regged in 2004, you might know something about dead forums or something, wild huh

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Moogle posted:

I believe this is the first time in over fifteen years I've said this but:

Good lord please lurk more.

By which I mean read other forums here, find something else that you like, and - and this is the important bit - don't post for a few months. Please.

(This is just advice. I am also a bloody terrible poster.)

I lurked a few years before I got an account. Then I lurked a couple more years before my first post I think

You might say "well fat load of good it did you, you rat faced white noise keyboard goop pile of unprocessed sewage"

[here there'd be some insightful comment if I were a better poster]

Tsar Mikey
Nov 30, 2005

When will then be now?

One time at work we had a lock solenoid that was exhibiting some CIG jank and it would lag randomly for about half a second, just enough to cause people to grab the door and pull shortly before it was actually unlocked and everyone was real salty about it. I can't imaging having to wait 3+ seconds for a door to open.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

MeLKoR posted:

Would you engage in friendly banter with Seraph if he was a funny pedophile?

I think we actually do need an SC D&D thread

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

AP posted:

So to start with you work on the pitch and worry if people will be interested. Then it goes well, far better than anyone could have expected, the money keeps rolling in breaking all records and the fans start sending you gifts, food, alcohol, alien designed bladed weapons, telling you how great you are.

You make a pledge to always treat them right, you can't thank them enough, trust us to build your dream we are grateful. The fans love you on the forums, asking questions about the game, sure we can do that, anything you want, a few forum accounts cause trouble, swearing saying terrible things posting naughty pictures, well guess we have to ban a few people, no real choice.

Later you decide to move your headquarters from Austin to Hollywood, sure it's a lot more expensive but you're building a dream here, it's going to take time, more time that you thought so you deserve it and the fans think you're awesome, most of them anyway, the ones that understand the realities of what you are doing. Lost a few staff here, nobody important, it's better to have people who understand the dream.

The LA office is a bit small, it seemed fine to start but not enough room, we'll move to a bigger studio and modify it inside to make best use of the space. The fans will love it and everyone you show around can see the potential.

You're forum banning people for asking legitimate questions about what's going on now, a few who make you look bad on other websites too, gently caress 'em. You have loyal fans and those out to destroy you, those who don't understand why you need to spend $20k on a coffee machine, who laugh at the amazing artwork on the walls.

You don't really think too hard about how you got here, "why don't you guys send so many gifts anymore?" you say on camera. None of us here really understand the backers anymore, we talk to the loyal ones, they are the real fans, those who still believe, brb I'm going to tweet a video of our new automated entrance door that looks like a spaceship.

This is astute. It is also good.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Imagine having to gently caress that thing.

Imagine what his balls look like

Why imagine when you can dream

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

I think we actually do need an SC D&D thread

Star Citizen - Doubt and Doubt Thread

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Star Citizen - Dreams, cryptocurrencies, age of consent laws, its relation to Gamergate and the ethics of community management

Tsar Mikey
Nov 30, 2005

When will then be now?

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Im the guy having to stand watch at the door so that no one without an ID waltz in while the doors wait to be closed defeating the entire purpose of a rfid door lock in the first lace.

They can't let actual security concerns get in the way of fidelity!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salt n Reba McEntire
Nov 14, 2000

Kuparp.

[here there'd be some insightful comment if I were a better poster]

Your posts are fun to read, in my limited and largely unnecessary opinion.

I get all post shy. I glance over and see all these glorious, thick, veiny and proud posts throbbing away in my face and I'm too intimidated to dangle my thin, flaccid, unsatisfying and misshapen comments into the bowl to get quietly mocked with your eyes.

I think it's a deeper issue, but I just don't understand it.

• Locked thread