Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

DrGreatJob posted:

Yes. Once you reach the Cathedral of the Deep 2nd bonfire, he will be trapped in a well just outside the building. Going back up to the top of Firelink (behind the 20,000 soul key door,) will get you locked in there by Patches. Patches has all of Siegward's armor and you need to buy it all for a total of like 14,000 souls. If you do this, Siegward will save Greirat in Irithyll.

He never showed up in the well for me. I've been to the second bonfire in the Cathedral and even further and unlocked the later shortcut and he still isn't there. As far as I know I haven't missed any of his quest triggers--we killed the demon together--do I don't know what else I could be missing.

Did I have to do it right when I entered the area and I missed my chance or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

turtlecrunch posted:

Correct. Here's what happens:
You kill the final boss. BACK UP YOUR SAVE NOW if you want to scum all the different endings. You can also leave the area completely and go back to farting around elsewhere with no consequences.
Eventually come back and choose something to do. This will have a cutscene then credits. After credits you can choose to move to NG+ or stay in your current game. If you stay in the current game and go back to the boss area, you cannot fight the final boss again. The area is just empty.

Alternatively beat the game in ng+ and then ng++ for the realness

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

pmchem posted:

As ember, I can't summon two phantoms. Just one. As soon as I summon one, all other signs totally disappear and do not re-appear. This persisted from last night to this morning.

I've tried this in Road of Sacrifices @ Halfway Fortress bonfire and Farron Keep bonfire. Same result at both places. I've died, re-embered, went to firelink and back, quit game, etc. No change.

Is this normal? Is this fixable? Anyone else have this happen? I'm quite sad.

Are you hollow? I'm at hollowing 19 and could only get one buddy in, but I'm not sure if it's because of that or the servers exploding.

quote:

I'm too lazy to load so I'll youtube the other three then make a new character and go for it.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Vintersorg posted:

So I ran into the guy who gives you free levels ---- the thread said he's bad but im reading... and he's apparently good and needed for a proper ending? :3:

Also, this drat village with the fat witch is pissing me off -- everything is easy but her rear end is annoying... well, the instances of her rear end coming out. Also I want to wear other armor but boosting VIT is a pain in the rear end as the poo poo is so heavy. :( They made armor so goddamn annoying to use that i'm stuck wearing the warriors stuff.

Hard caps are at 40 so by the time you're doing NG+ stuff you'll have enough points to spread around

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

RBA Starblade posted:

Are you hollow? I'm at hollowing 19 and could only get one buddy in, but I'm not sure if it's because of that or the servers exploding.

No, regular ember.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

pmchem posted:

No, regular ember.

Thanks, just checking. I don't think it actually does anything but wanted to compare.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

RBA Starblade posted:

I'm too lazy to load so I'll youtube the other three then make a new character and go for it.

I can't coop with my friends despite seeing hella summoning signs everywhere when I don't have a password in. I'm assuming something with passwords and friendlists on PC is broken

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Robo Reagan posted:

I can't coop with my friends despite seeing hella summoning signs everywhere when I don't have a password in. I'm assuming something with passwords and friendlists on PC is broken

It keeps throwing my passwords back on so I have to go in and delete it every now and then. Settings keep reverting too. Lighting and glare sometimes flare up to engulf half the map too it's hilarious.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Harrow posted:

He never showed up in the well for me. I've been to the second bonfire in the Cathedral and even further and unlocked the later shortcut and he still isn't there. As far as I know I haven't missed any of his quest triggers--we killed the demon together--do I don't know what else I could be missing.

Did I have to do it right when I entered the area and I missed my chance or something?

Exactly the same thing happened (well, did not happen) to me.

Also Patches never showed up anywhere either, everywhere online it says he should be in the Firelink tower at this point but I checked all his locations and he's just nowhere :iiam:

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

Tabletops posted:

yeah, made me think he's supposed to be the PC/insert from DS2. Since that's basically what the PC did assuming they did all the DLC.

Either I'm reading the wrong entry, or I'm not understanding the connection.

Wolnir's soul has a pretty generic description per the Wikidot entry, same with the Holy Sword.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Robo Reagan posted:

Hard caps are at 40 so by the time you're doing NG+ stuff you'll have enough points to spread around

I thought hard caps meant you dont gain anything by increasing past that? Smough's hammer requires 45 strength and I'm still gaining increases to that point

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

RBA Starblade posted:

The other three? Oh dip there are four?

Gonna enjoy beating the game on NG+++ :getin:

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

pmchem posted:

As ember, I can't summon two phantoms. Just one. As soon as I summon one, all other signs totally disappear and do not re-appear. This persisted from last night to this morning.

I've tried this in Road of Sacrifices @ Halfway Fortress bonfire and Farron Keep bonfire. Same result at both places. I've died, re-embered, went to firelink and back, quit game, etc. No change.

Is this normal? Is this fixable? Anyone else have this happen? I'm quite sad.

I asked on another forum and apparently this is a fairly common problem with no explanation or resolution. Maybe a problem with FROM's servers?

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Two other questions:

Anyone know exactly what the "summon sign visibility" option does in the settings menu?

There's no way to see co-op active areas via fast travel menu, right? Like in DS2 you could see orange outlines on the travel menu?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Your Computer posted:

Also Patches never showed up anywhere either, everywhere online it says he should be in the Firelink tower at this point but I checked all his locations and he's just nowhere :iiam:

Did you access the Firelink rafters early by jumping off the tree? I wonder if that breaks the quest scripting with Patches and therefore also prevents Siegward's quest from progressing.

(If not then that blows up my hypothesis, but who knows)

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

pmchem posted:

I asked on another forum and apparently this is a fairly common problem with no explanation or resolution. Maybe a problem with FROM's servers?

Use the dried finger item, you can buy it from the handmaiden.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
What's the name of that NPC who invades you while embered every now and then? Need to look him up on the wiki and find out where he pops up - if it isn't too late.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
I decided to sunbro Vordt for some newbies last night, and put down my sign in front of the boss door. Unfortunately during about half of the summons the host would immediately run the opposite way and get wrecked by the Dancer instead. Way to go guys!

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Harrow posted:

Did you access the Firelink rafters early by jumping off the tree? I wonder if that breaks the quest scripting with Patches and therefore also prevents Siegward's quest from progressing.

(If not then that blows up my hypothesis, but who knows)

I never saw the patches at all or sieg past the first time you see him when I played the Japanese version. May be a glitch or something with doing the swamp before the other path or something.

Balobam
Apr 28, 2012

yo i'm stuck as balls

i don't wanna google it cuz i don't want a straight up answer, so hoping one of you lovely people could throw me a bone in the form of a hint...

irithyll, area 6 question - where do i find the doll to cross the barrier? in the really pretty disneyland place with the fuzzy crocodile in the way

i've run around a bunch of earlier areas and found a few things i missed but have yet to figure out where the hell it could be

Balobam fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Apr 15, 2016

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Holy poo poo, why is the mimic in the catacombs so god drat tough? I had an easier time killing the fire demon in the same room.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Balobam posted:

yo i'm stuck as balls

i don't wanna google it cuz i don't want a straight up answer, so hoping one of you lovely people could throw me a bone in the form of a hint...

where do i find the doll to cross the barrier? in the really pretty disneyland place with the fuzzy crocodile in the way

i've run around a bunch of earlier areas and found a few things i missed but have yet to figure out where the hell it could be

Go all the way back to the Crystal Sage and go the other way

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Mr E posted:

I never saw the patches at all or sieg past the first time you see him when I played the Japanese version. May be a glitch or something with doing the swamp before the other path or something.

Oh, that could do it, too. I've kind of been doing them simultaneously.

Oh, well. I guess I'll just be really careful and do NPC quests on NG+?

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

RBA Starblade posted:

It might be the location, I had the same thing happen, but was able to get two in the catacombs. I have 99 hollowing.

Then I used the fingers, picked up another bro, and fought constant invasions all the way to the boss. Goddamn is finger play intense!

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Holy loving poo poo, Pontiff Sulyvahnn, what a loving amazing boss. I thought that Abyss Watchers were cool, but this guy is that cranked up to 11.

Now I have to decide which of these boss weapons to craft, they're both amazing. I want them both!

Also the game is finally opening up more, I've got at least 3 zones I could explore in any order I want. Getting close to the end but its nice to have some real options. Especially since Demon ruins is kicking my rear end hardcore.

Harrow posted:

He wasn't there for me, and yet SOMEHOW I bought his armor from patches after clearing both cathedral of the deep, farron keep, and catacombs and suddenly he was there even though he never had been before. So I don't think its too late for you yet.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
Is there an explanation anywhere of the ember/hollowing levels? I'm assuming it's a little more nuanced than the previous Hollow/Human dichotomy from DkS1

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

pffff ain't nobody got time for that

Balobam
Apr 28, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Go all the way back to the Crystal Sage and go the other way

wait, who?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Wiseblood posted:

Holy poo poo, why is the mimic in the catacombs so god drat tough? I had an easier time killing the fire demon in the same room.

As somebody pointed out to me (after I killed him) you can make the demon fight against the mimic which is super amazing

Your Computer posted:

Patches never showed up outside cathedral for me, but did show up in firelink tower. For my friend he never showed up in the firelink tower, but did show up in firelink itself one day.

:iiam:

Balobam posted:

wait, who?

Its a boss, and if you missed it :lol:

Some goons are really bad at exploring.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Wiseblood posted:

You're supposed to get Good Guy Mimic to fight the demon for you.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

voltron lion force posted:

Use the dried finger item, you can buy it from the handmaiden.

Well, I don't want the finger bonus I just want standard two summons. Wasn't sure what was going on -- bug, zone, or what?

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
I really don't understand how people could keep getting all the way to Farron Keep without finding the CS unless they see the giant horrible murdering crabs and think "yes, that's where I want to be" and run straight into the swamp.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Annath posted:

Is there an explanation anywhere of the ember/hollowing levels? I'm assuming it's a little more nuanced than the previous Hollow/Human dichotomy from DkS1

Hollowing doesn't come into play unless you take the free levels from Yoel. It's part of a rather complex but cool NPC quest line. If you trigger hollowing to start happening, you gain 1 hollowing level every time you die, and it can stack all the way to 99. As far as I know, the only effects of hollowing are cosmetic, though some people have reported that it's harder to co-op at higher hollowing levels. Nothing's really confirmed there.

Otherwise, it's just embered/not embered being roughly equivalent to human/hollow (or, maybe more accurately, body form/soul form in Demon's Souls). Ember up and you get +40% HP and can summon help and be invaded. Without an ember, you can't be invaded or summon but you have your normal max HP.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Balobam posted:

wait, who?

ok, go to the Farron Keep bonfire and go the other way

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Balobam posted:

wait, who?

The boss everyone misses the first time in Road of Sacrifices.

I almost went through to fight (what I think is) the last boss and almost missed Untended Graves and now Smouldering Lake. Yay for more crabs!

Balobam
Apr 28, 2012

time to go explore then!

turtlecrunch posted:

I really don't understand how people could keep getting all the way to Farron Keep without finding the CS unless they see the giant horrible murdering crabs and think "yes, that's where I want to be" and run straight into the swamp.

for the record i ran away from all crab and crab related things

peep the tumblr
Jun 26, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

So can you actually kill the dragon on the High Wall? I tried shooting a couple of crossbow bolts at it but it totally ignored them.

I went back and shot him with arrows. I didn't have enough to kill him, but you can shoot him to death if you really wanted to, I guess?

I finally got to Anor Londo and I can't parry-spam the knights like I used to. I also found the giant blacksmith... :saddowns:

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Fal-Cone posted:

I went back and shot him with arrows. I didn't have enough to kill him, but you can shoot him to death if you really wanted to, I guess?

I finally got to Anor Londo and I can't parry-spam the knights like I used to. I also found the giant blacksmith... :saddowns:

When his life is almost gone he flies away and you get a reward. Haven't seen him since

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Harrow posted:

he 100% isnt there at the start, the moment I opened the main doors and reloaded he was there

Stormgale fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Apr 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

turtlecrunch posted:

To be fair though, that IS exactly where I want to be