Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Mazzagatti2Hotty posted:

Yes doctor, I don't seem to get super excited about seeing human excreta magnificently rendered on a 50 foot screen, please prescribe me medication to fix my broken brain.

You're not meant to get excited, you're meant to have the same reaction Holly Hunter is having.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Jesse Eisenberg also sent jars of piss to all of his fellow cast members, such dedication

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Luthor's piss. Luthor's vile piss. Fear the vile man's piss

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Mazzagatti2Hotty posted:

Yes doctor, I don't seem to get super excited about seeing human excreta magnificently rendered on a 50 foot screen, please prescribe me medication to fix my broken brain.
You're my new favorite since Boob Marley stopped posting here.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
So how much do you think I could charge for a mason jar full of my piss labeled "Granny's Peach Tea"??

Asking for a friend.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

"I was angry at you before, Superman, but now I'm really pissed off!"
"Pissed off? If I was that close to Doomsday's wiener I'd be worrying about being pissed on!"

-actual dialogue from Batman v Superman: Men in Tights

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

don't worry, the director's cut will reinstate Holly Hunter's line "my god, I think that's Lex Luthor's fuckin' piss" before she explodes. it was cut for the PG-13 rating.

You got the line a bit wrong, I corrected it for you.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

A True Jar Jar Fan posted:

You're not meant to get excited, you're meant to have the same reaction Holly Hunter is having.

Mine was mostly disgust that the movie actually did that, but the internet also led me to believe someone was going to drink it.

Mazzagatti2Hotty
Jan 23, 2012

JON JONES APOLOGIST #3

A True Jar Jar Fan posted:

If her reaction was "I can't believe Snyder dedicated hundreds of man-hours to set up this scene, doesn't he know I've won Emmys?" then mission accomplished.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

"multijoe posted:

:words:

Maybe I overreacted. :(

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

RBA Starblade posted:

Mine was mostly disgust that the movie actually did that, but the internet also led me to believe someone was going to drink it.

Your mistake is assuming that the people who said it will happen were against it happening.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Mazzagatti2Hotty posted:

If her reaction was "I can't believe Snyder dedicated hundreds of man-hours to set up this scene, doesn't he know I've won Emmys?" then mission accomplished.

Her reaction was actually, "I had a great time filming this movie, I liked my experience with Zack, and it was a fun."

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

Oasx posted:

Nobody in their right mind thinks that Black Widow was talking about being infertile when she called herself a monster.

I dunno she literally says it right after talking about her infertility. Obviously she has a lot of other reasons to say it, but the flow of their conversation leads you to draw that conclusion.

It's kind of jarring because the whole flirty tension between her and Banner is subtle and very PG, then all of a sudden they're talking about being in the shower together and their mutual infertility. It's very jarring.

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

The jar of piss was stupid and the whole movie was actually quite dumb, and also bad.

Mazzagatti2Hotty
Jan 23, 2012

JON JONES APOLOGIST #3

Doflamingo posted:

The jar of piss was stupid and the whole movie was actually quite dumb, and also bad.

Dude you need to seek out the aid of a mental health professional, we are concerned.

-Sincerely, a goon, in CineD

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Slowpoke! posted:

I dunno she literally says it right after talking about her infertility. Obviously she has a lot of other reasons to say it, but the flow of their conversation leads you to draw that conclusion.

It's kind of jarring because the whole flirty tension between her and Banner is subtle and very PG, then all of a sudden they're talking about being in the shower together and their mutual infertility. It's very jarring.

What's really weird is that Bruce shouldn't even be infertile.

That wasn't his problem in The Incredible Hulk- he just couldn't get sexually aroused because it might turn him into the Hulk.

Because that was a scene in the Incredible Hulk. I just wanted to remind people of that. I wanted to remind people that there was literally a scene of Bruce and Betty about to gently caress, before Bruce had to slow the roll because his heart rate was getting too high. Because he did not want to have the strongest boner there is.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!

Burkion posted:

What's really weird is that Bruce shouldn't even be infertile.

That wasn't his problem in The Incredible Hulk- he just couldn't get sexually aroused because it might turn him into the Hulk.

Because that was a scene in the Incredible Hulk. I just wanted to remind people of that. I wanted to remind people that there was literally a scene of Bruce and Betty about to gently caress, before Bruce had to slow the roll because his heart rate was getting too high. Because he did not want to have the strongest boner there is.

I don't think he actually said he was shooting blanks, just that he could never have a family.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Slowpoke! posted:

Here's the actual dialogue:

quote:

Natasha Romanoff: I want you to understand that I’m…
Bruce Banner: Natasha, where can I go? Where in the world am I not a threat?
Natasha Romanoff: You’re not a threat to me.
Bruce Banner: You sure? Even if I didn’t just…there’s no future with me. I can’t ever…I can’t have this, kids, do the math, I physically can’t.
Natasha Romanoff: Neither can I. In the Red Room, where I was trained, where I was raised, um, they have a graduation ceremony. They sterilize you. It’s efficient. One less thing to worry about. The one thing that might matter more than a mission. It makes everything easier. Even killing.
[she hesitates a moment]
Natasha Romanoff: You still think you’re the only monster on the team?
Bruce Banner: What, so we disappear?

.... and there's an absolute TON of angry blog posts all over the net ranting about HOW DARE Joss Whedon say that infertile women are monsters :argh:

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

I don't think he actually said he was shooting blanks, just that he could never have a family.

The point needed to be made clear.

Bruce Banner cannot have sex because it might turn him into the Hulk. This is Marvel Canon.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
I was gonna make a piss joke but I'm too lazy, please stop talking about pee, I think we've hit a threshold.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
He can, just only with hookers who he has no emotional attachment to and don't get him particularly excited.

Mazzagatti2Hotty
Jan 23, 2012

JON JONES APOLOGIST #3

Burkion posted:

Bruce Banner cannot have sex because it might turn him into the Hulk. This is Marvel Canon.

"Hey, Bruce? Now might be a good time to get horny."

"That's my secret, Cap... I'm horny all the time"

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

GonSmithe posted:

I was gonna make a piss joke but I'm too lazy, please stop talking about pee, I think we've hit a threshold.

I guess it's back to talking about the big black space dildos from Man of Steel for me

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!

Burkion posted:

The point needed to be made clear.

If he really wants a kid so much, he can just sedate himself, have someone surgically remove a sperm sample, and use IVF and a surrogate to birth a child.

He's a doctor, he should know that.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

I guess it's back to talking about the big black space dildos from Man of Steel for me

Please, that's my favorite part of that movie (and I like that movie).

Crion
Sep 30, 2004
baseball.

Vintersorg posted:

He was taking her earlier tough talk and throwing it in her face you dolt.

And her last sentence here is the precise reason she doesn't drink it and spit take like a lot of people apparently wanted or needed her to do. The Capital bombing scene is really good.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Crion posted:

And her last sentence here is the precise reason she doesn't drink it and spit take like a lot of people apparently wanted or needed her to do. The Capital bombing scene is really good.

I, too, like the scene where Holly Hunter drinks the piss.

Mazzagatti2Hotty
Jan 23, 2012

JON JONES APOLOGIST #3

GonSmithe posted:

But my psychiatrist says that going cold turkey is bad for me. As a compromise am I allowed to wean myself down to one post per day, if I provide a doctor's note?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Jenny Angel posted:

In my senior year of college, I had to get a new roommate setup because most of my old ones had graduated. The one remaining roommate suggested we get a triple with another of his friends, and I agreed, having met the guy a few times and having no immediate problems with him. They were mostly pleasant guys, but they could be unbearable when I was trying to sleep. One night at something like 3 AM, I heard a bunch of sounds of clattering and crashing in the common room, so I marched out there, groggy and pissed off. Turns out these clowns had just blazed it and were having some impromptu wrestling matches

I was expecting this to get hella erotic. Even though it's good that you kicked their stoned asses, I feel a bit let down. I hope Civil War wont be the same.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Mazzagatti2Hotty posted:

But my psychiatrist says that going cold turkey is bad for me. As a compromise am I allowed to wean myself down to one post per day, if I provide a doctor's note?

You're really upset.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Vintersorg posted:

You're really upset.

He sounds totally pissed.

:smug:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Vintersorg posted:

He was taking her earlier tough talk and throwing it in her face you dolt.

That dialogue is terrible! You can't just make up sayings and pretend they're a real thing people say.

Anyhoo, this has already probably been posted, but grok this fun ad for Apocalypse: http://comicbook.com/marvel/2016/04/15/quicksilver-manipulates-mutant-abilities-in-x-men-apocalypse-sky/

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Here's the actual dialogue:

.... and there's an absolute TON of angry blog posts all over the net ranting about HOW DARE Joss Whedon say that infertile women are monsters :argh:

It's obvious to me that she's referring to the fact that she was a trained killer. That's what I thought while watching it and that's what I think after reading it. "Man my life as a brainwashed murderer really sucked"

Crion
Sep 30, 2004
baseball.

Shageletic posted:

That dialogue is terrible! You can't just make up sayings and pretend they're a real thing people say.

Writers absolutely can, and should, do this. Especially since the mainstream version of that saying, as previously alluded to, is "Don't piss on me and tell me it's raining."

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Crion posted:

Writers absolutely can, and should, do this. Especially since the mainstream version of that saying, as previously alluded to, is "Don't piss on me and tell me it's raining."

which is originally what happened, but again, wait for the director's cut.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Shageletic posted:

Anyhoo, this has already probably been posted, but grok this fun ad for Apocalypse: http://comicbook.com/marvel/2016/04/15/quicksilver-manipulates-mutant-abilities-in-x-men-apocalypse-sky/

Like I'm gonna take someone who unironically uses "grok" seriously. :cheeky:

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Vintersorg posted:

Like I'm gonna take someone who unironically uses "grok" seriously. :cheeky:

And uses it wrong, incidentally.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Shageletic posted:

:flashfact: Cyclops' optic blasts don't have heat. :doom:

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Crion posted:

Well I'll be a marsupial's best friend!

Sir Kodiak posted:

And uses it wrong, incidentally.

Whoosh

Shageletic fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Apr 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mazzagatti2Hotty
Jan 23, 2012

JON JONES APOLOGIST #3

Vintersorg posted:

You're really upset.

Well my CineD appointed therapist did tell me I have anger management issues as well, but it's in really poor taste to mock my mental illness like this so you should be ashamed of yourself.

• Locked thread