Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Ah. That makes an odd sort of sense. Dude is still a complete dumbfuck for doing it with a loaded pistol though. I guess if everyone had common sense we wouldn't have this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

A Proper Uppercut posted:

That biker's a dick, far as I can tell the dude in the car didn't do anything wrong. He had to avoid that crane and biker was following too close.
You might also be able to tell that the biker's a dick from the fact that he apparently carries a grinder everywhere to vandalize cars.

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

No go ahead stand in the fire, the healer will love the shit out of you.
Coudn't decide if it should have been in this thread or the AUG thread.
Public Freakout Compilation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3QNQdEaAw0

People getting mad over soccer and sports is funny and sad at the same time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDAQysz9dw4

Jesus christ you would think her best friend had died.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmkkZYsFY7s

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
It's called "valet mode" for a reason.

http://jalopnik.com/furious-valets-unable-to-wreck-this-dudes-hellcat-1764032537?utm_source=taboola

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

What the poo poo did that dude expect?

Why was he loving around with the gun? Just... why would you put your hand in front of a pistol that you just loaded?

Why is the guy (who I assume is supposed to be more intelligent) just standing there like "Yea man, go for it, don't be a pussy".

I am completely confused by this.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Tarantula posted:

People getting mad over soccer and sports is funny and sad at the same time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDAQysz9dw4

This one was bad enough that he chucked a speaker through a glass table a foot away from his girlfriend, but then "You can't do stuff like this every time you get mad at the game" followed by "It's not my fault, it's the playoffs!"

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

Seriously, what the gently caress is this idiot thinking.

Edit: saw the laser sight explanation. Still a loving idiot.

mds2 has a new favorite as of 13:57 on Apr 15, 2016

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

Say Nothing posted:

He was checking the laser sight to see if it was working.

Whelp, looks like it's working; he hit right where he was aiming that laser sight.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Pope Corky the IX posted:

This one was bad enough that he chucked a speaker through a glass table a foot away from his girlfriend, but then "You can't do stuff like this every time you get mad at the game" followed by "It's not my fault, it's the playoffs!"

If you think that's anything other than super fake I don't know what to tell you

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Byers2142 posted:

Whelp, looks like it's working; he hit right where he was aiming that laser sight.

Yeah, but he's going to need to learn a new way to check it next time, on account of the hole.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr
Years ago on a long dead gun board I used to post at there was a guy who shot himself in the hand while being careless, and to his credit owned up to it and posted the whole story as a reminder on gun safety, and talked about the medical aftermath. His first surgery bill was about $20,000 if I remember right.

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

mds2 posted:

Seriously, what the gently caress is this idiot thinking.

Edit: saw the laser sight explanation. Still a loving idiot.

I wish I had a video of myself but it was many years ago before smart phones. I once (only once, never again) made a stupid mistake like this when I was about 13. Fortunately, I was only playing with a friends air pistol and the amount of skin removed was minimal. I was trying to shoot a catkin out of my hand and nailed my forefinger and thumb. Hurt like the dickens and I am smarter for it. I pretended it didn't hurt and that's the Schadenfreude. We were all chatting and being kids and, in my mind, I was in the process of actively dying from pain. In retrospect, it was hilarious.

Then I read Jeff Cooper and now I'm not an idiot and am obsessive about firearms safety. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Cooper

Nuggan
Jul 17, 2006

Always rolling skulls.
I had a very serious security meeting at work today about that rm - rf link that was posted earlier saying "don't do this we will fire you and probably find a way to sue you"

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

DandyLion posted:

Yeah, but he's going to need to learn a new way to check it next time, on account of the hole.

You have two hands. :rolleyes:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Nuggan posted:

I had a very serious security meeting at work today about that rm - rf link that was posted earlier saying "don't do this we will fire you and probably find a way to sue you"

What, they thought people would do it themselves? For fun?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
By the same token it's pretty damned easy to mix up truncate and drop if you know just enough to be dangerous.

Totally haven't done that myself. No siree.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Solice Kirsk posted:

You have two hands. :rolleyes:

Checkmate rear end in a top hat, that's clearly a right handed gun.

Nuggan
Jul 17, 2006

Always rolling skulls.

Data Graham posted:

What, they thought people would do it themselves? For fun?

Our pcs aren't even on Linux. We're all on Windows.

Spectral Debt
Jan 23, 2004
9999 sucka

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I don't find joy in this personally because it's total bullshit, but some might

My company is going to start charging people who use tobacco 100 dollars a month, and they count e-cigs

That's hosed, and just a way to weasel out of medical costs in a socially acceptable way. If they charged everyone who drank 100 dollars a month the place would get burned down.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

radiatinglines posted:

My company is going to start charging people who use tobacco 100 dollars a month, and they count e-cigs

I guess that's one way of balancing out all the productivity lost to cigarette breaks

:can:

repeating
Nov 14, 2005

Say Nothing posted:

He was checking the laser sight to see if it was working.

If you can't see it downrange and you think pointing at your hand from an inch away will prove it's working...it's not working.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

radiatinglines posted:

That's hosed, and just a way to weasel out of medical costs in a socially acceptable way. If they charged everyone who drank 100 dollars a month the place would get burned down.

good

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I guess that's one way of balancing out all the productivity lost to cigarette breaks

I would give up $100 to take drinking breaks at work.

Man kicks sleeping dog.

repeating
Nov 14, 2005

This video is not available. Sorry about that.

You mean "breaks"? I have never had a "cigarette break" in my life, beyond sneaking out randomly when there's 2 minutes of slack time in the middle of rush with the blessing of my coworkers.

repeating has a new favorite as of 17:16 on Apr 15, 2016

prahanormal
Mar 8, 2011

heya /
I've never seen a co-worker take longer then 5 minutes to smoke in my entire working life. :shrug:

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
What does any of this have to do with murder beasts dogs?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

The reasoning wasn't productivity, it was out of honest concern for everyone's health. Lol

They should just go full retard and start charging people 100 dollars a month for drinking, riding motorcycles, and being fat fucks. They can offer bounties for people who rat out their drinking and smoking coworkers.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

repeating posted:

This video is not available. Sorry about that.

You mean "breaks"? I have never had a "cigarette break" in my life, beyond sneaking out randomly when there's 2 minutes of slack time in the middle of rush with the blessing of my coworkers.

Every job I've had where people smoke they take more than their allotted breaks. Four smoke breaks on a four hour shift wasn't uncommon.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

I hope youre giving up your toilet breaks as well then so that the company isnt adversely effected by your goon diet.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

prahanormal posted:

I've never seen a co-worker take longer then 5 minutes to smoke in my entire working life. :shrug:

I have

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

prahanormal posted:

I do

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
I always hung out with smokers because they got the best breaks.

They were picky about being late, leaving early, taking long lunches - but smoking? You could kill 20 minutes out down by the loading dock 3 times a day and no one blinked.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Sweeeeet, I was wondering when we'd hit the next tipping/gun control/dangerous dog breed/rear end wiping/fat people topic where everyone has a personal opinion based on anecdotal evidence and spends 12 pages arguing past each other. :unsmigghh:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Good dog.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qr4zzMrtH4U&t=60s

The whole video is okay i guess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qr4zzMrtH4U

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Post has been removed. :(

Can anyone break down the 'freude for me in layman's terms?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Sweeeeet, I was wondering when we'd hit the next tipping/gun control/dangerous dog breed/rear end wiping/fat people topic where everyone has a personal opinion based on anecdotal evidence and spends 12 pages arguing past each other. :unsmigghh:

It's almost as if companies know how people will react and that they can get away with poo poo like this.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

He didn't have a backup for his data, and he used a command that recursively removed all files while suppressing the usual "are you sure you want to delete this file" dialog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Someone typed "rm -rf /". Which is the nuclear option in terms of deleting data in a unix system.

rm is the remove command, -r means do a recursive delete: get rid of everything in the current directory and all child directories, -f means 'force it even if the system tells you this would be a very bad idea', and "/" absent of any other qualifiers means "Execute this in the hard drives root directory".

Eventually the process will stop, but that's because it gets into the system files and deletes something the computer needs to stay alive.