Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Your Computer posted:

I had a bug with him where he'd always start his conversation with the "Gaining admission to the Legion.. blah blah" stuff, both long before and long after I killed them. Then I figured I'd humor him and let him speak, and lo and behold his dialogue suddenly progressed further. I wonder how much stuff I missed from him because of that :saddowns:

e: and I had heard his entire Legion speech before that point, so it wasn't him just waiting for me to hear it before saying something new or anything.

For me he gave the talk about licking the boots of the lords of cinders for a lot of the game. At some point around Irithyll he then gave me the entire dialogue chain about Farron and Abyss Walkers, and now i'm up to Untended Graves and he's still talking about gaining admission to the legion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

FutonForensic posted:

If anyone on PC is still having stuttering every few seconds, specifically on 970 card, try disabling Steam Overlay. I did this by just removing GameOverlayRenderer64.dll and GameOverlayRenderer.dll from the base Steam folder.

You know you can right click on games in steam and go to properties and say "don't run steam overlay for this game" right?

No need to manually delete DLLs thus crippling steam overlay across all games dude!

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Oh, this is Irithyll dungeon..wait.

Where did my health go.

Oh..oh no.

Sultan Tarquin fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Apr 15, 2016

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Carl Seitan posted:

That mimic ended up beating that boss for me. It was super helpful.

Also, like 90% of the chests I've found so far have been mimics. WTF

Mimic spoiler mimic is actually a chest's natural state and only by consuming a human can they hope to futily reverse the process and become a regular chest.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

I was really upset that Anri was murdered and that Greirat never came back from his second run and was also murdered.

Did Patches kill them both?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Where did my health go.

Oh..oh no.

I have no idea how they thought those enemies would be a good idea. That whole area is mind boggling.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

CJacobs posted:

I have no idea how they thought those enemies would be a good idea. That whole area is mind boggling.

Its awesome lol.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Did people not like those dungeon enemies? They actually had me scared of them which was a pleasant change for such a late game area.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

post your lads, lads

been playing through the whole game like this, since I got the hat.

And I will keep playing like this. Gimmicks 4 lyfe

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

Control Volume posted:

Yeah, but check this out: the feel of loving rear end is incredibly good, much like the combat.

Both have got a lovely feel!!!

I love both 1 and 2 (for different reasons). I'm not feeling this one at all.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Carl Seitan posted:

I was really upset that Anri was murdered and that Greirat never came back from his second run and was also murdered.

Neither

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

CJacobs posted:

I love the area :allears: If you don't look at them your health won't drain, or at least I'm pretty sure that's the idea.

Their design and animations are wonderful and the dungeon itself is spoopytown. I wish it was a bigger area, like Tower of Latria.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

voltron lion force posted:

Its awesome lol.

Yes the area where they just stacked 12 of them right on top of each other walking in a line like they're trying to do a conga and said "yeah that'll be fine" is real good enemy placement man. Giving them a tracking grab attack that is guaranteed to kill you in 1 hit because of their health reduction is also great.

No wait, they suck. Being spooky is all they have going for them

edit: Last time someone complained about this the response was "take them out from range", aka render them an absolutely useless nuisance. Yeah that's a mark of a good enemy, one that basically annoys you and has no way to defend itself from range and is guaranteed lethal in melee.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Apr 15, 2016

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.
I finally gave in a decided to go shieldless, something I've never done in one of these games before. I also took off my heavy armor, and it feels really good to get under 30% equip load. I made it through a good chunk of the undead settlement last night without missing it too much. I'm curious to see if I can keep it up throughout the entire game, but so far I'm really digging this play-style. I think I'll eventually just stick the grass shield on my back to get that sweet stamina regen. Bloodborne emboldened me to give this a shot.

It helps that 2H Uchi +4 can one-shot almost all of the mob enemies in the area.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

CJacobs posted:

Their attack is extremely telegraphed and you rarely ever deal with more than one or two of them at the same time (save for the section right before Profaned Capital, but that one was obviously meant to be stealthed), so I honestly don't think it's that big of a deal. It's a pretty good level, though not quite as good as 3-1.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

CJacobs posted:

Yes the area where they just stacked 12 of them right on top of each other walking in a line like they're trying to do a conga and said "yeah that'll be fine" is real good enemy placement man. Giving them a tracking grab attack that is guaranteed to kill you in 1 hit because of their health reduction is also great.

Lmao yeah that actually is good enemy placement where they patrol around an area that you can hide and sneak past them. I got all the loot and never angered the mob there.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.

FutonForensic posted:

If anyone on PC is still having stuttering every few seconds, specifically on 970 card, try disabling Steam Overlay. I did this by just removing GameOverlayRenderer64.dll and GameOverlayRenderer.dll from the base Steam folder.

Is this specifically for the stuttering during saves? If so, thank you so much for the info. I will give it a shot when I get home.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

voltron lion force posted:

Lmao yeah that actually is good enemy placement where they patrol around an area that you can hide and sneak past them. I got all the loot and never angered the mob there.

Ohh, the fact that they're, in addition to being a nuisance, braindead enough that "I can't see you = you don't exist" makes them good and not bad. Got it

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Your Computer posted:

Gotta clear the game fast with my Straight Sword before they're nerfed :ohdear:

Don't elaborate or anything

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Why can't I parry worth a loving drat anymore?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Where did my health go.

Oh..oh no.

Mr. Miyazaki, those eye things in Bloodborne that instantly gave you frenzy were really difficult and annoying, can you never do that again?

"You thought those were hard? Well guess what. gently caress YOU"

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Control Volume posted:

Yeah, but check this out: the feel of loving rear end is incredibly good, much like the combat.

this is an excellent post

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

CJacobs posted:

Ohh, the fact that they're, in addition to being a nuisance, braindead enough that "I can't see you = you don't exist" makes them good and not bad. Got it

You seem cool

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Robo Reagan posted:

Don't elaborate or anything

I thought I quoted the patch note. In Dark Souls, the vaguer the patch notes are, the more nerfs are incoming.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I beat game and it good

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

the only enemy that's actually pissed me off in the game is the loving dogs, I hate them. they're always flying around like they don't obey the laws of physics and they always attack you and stop just outside of your reach so you miss your swing and then they hit you before your next swing and then you hit them and they go flying away too far for you to reach but you're already in the middle of your swing animation so by the time you stop and move up to them they've moved away already and I don't like it.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

CJacobs posted:

edit: Last time someone complained about this the response was "take them out from range", aka render them an absolutely useless nuisance. Yeah that's a mark of a good enemy, one that basically annoys you and has no way to defend itself from range and is guaranteed lethal in melee.

You can pull one or two at a time or use hit and run tactics. The health drain triggers when you look at them when they have the red flame. I only died to one of them when it snuck up behind me, stop being a baby about it.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Babe Magnet posted:

the only enemy that's actually pissed me off in the game is the loving dogs, I hate them. they're always flying around like they don't obey the laws of physics and they always attack you and stop just outside of your reach so you miss your swing and then they hit you before your next swing and then you hit them and they go flying away too far for you to reach but you're already in the middle of your swing animation so by the time you stop and move up to them they've moved away already and I don't like it.

Last night I had a dog attack me, glitch through a mountain side, shoot a hundred feet in the air to the top of the skybox, and then fall and die from the damage.

Even the engine loving hates those things.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
running everything on max settings with 60 FPS, the combat the visuals

its all great

so, I'm having a hard time sunbroing

I'm like level 28 and I beat the Crystal sage

I wanted to help people with it, but I never got summoned. I don't think I'm too high level for it, since until a couple levels ago I was still easily getting summoned for tree boss. Is Crystal Sage just easy enough that people don't summon, or maybe am I not the right level range? I think I'm only on +2 on my weapon also if that helps

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Babe Magnet posted:

post your lads, lads

been playing through the whole game like this, since I got the hat.

And I will keep playing like this. Gimmicks 4 lyfe

Thrall hat is great.

I feel like my character would look more at home in Bloodborne though.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Thrall Hat Best Hat

Also, can you co-op invade? If not, why not? Like, I understand exactly why not because they don't want you to gang-stomp people, but I don't think I can count on one hand the amount of times I've invaded a dude and he didn't have a sunbro, a regular summon, and have the Fun Police show up immediately

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Babe Magnet posted:

Dogs ill like fire unkindled.

specifically hitting them with a torch will cause them to writhe on the ground for a little while. At least the dogs in the high wall.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I can't hit them, is the problem. It's because they are very fast and they have weird hitboxes and also I'm bad.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Block the dogs attack and counter while it's dazed. They've got a huge opening when you block their attack.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Carl Seitan posted:

Ironically this is the one game where Patches is a good guy, and will save Greirat who is his friend if you send him after him

The other way is if you save Sigmeyer Siegward, he'll go rescue Greirat :3:

If you send him alone, he doesn't make it. :smith:

Babe Magnet posted:

Easy move, just dodge right towards the dogs as they approach. They overshoot you and you can turn around and stab them before they re-orient themselves.

Once you master it dogs are trivial the entire game.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

How does one deal with maggots

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I thought the dogs in this game were easier than in both DS1 and DS2 :v:

Question time:
Does anyone know if killing Emma early has any repercussions?

I really want to progress in that direction for a bit due to it being the only place to get Refined Gems but I'm the type of person who never kills NPC's unless they're hostile on the first playthrough :ohdear:

Jay Rust posted:

Bloodred Moss Clump, it says right in the description that it's a maggot repellent :downs:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Babe Magnet posted:

i just move (don't even need to roll) to the left or right just as they jump and they almost always miss unless I miss something up

same with the undead guys with the logs

let them charge at you for just long enough and take a step or two back and they whiff completely

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

CJ posted:

For me he gave the talk about licking the boots of the lords of cinders for a lot of the game. At some point around Irithyll he then gave me the entire dialogue chain about Farron and Abyss Walkers, and now i'm up to Untended Graves and he's still talking about gaining admission to the legion.

At the Cathedral, nobody in Firelink has new dialogue yet, though some have come and gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Jay Rust posted:

Try torch