Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
Ok so spoilers-

I'm thinking probably you don't need to spoil most NPC/place/enemy names, unless they actually are spoilers?

Like knowing that there's an NPC named Serris isn't a spoiler, if you don't know anything else. But there's another NPC that probably would be.
Or Farron Keep isn't a spoilerific place name, but there is at least one place that totally is a spoiler.
Yhorne/Abyss watchers/whoever else aren't a spoiler, because they're introduced in the opening cutscene! But there's probably some bosses that their names are spoilers. Certainly some enemies that are good surprises.

This would cut down on a bunch of black bar clutter. Use the names and then big box what you actually want to talk about.

Use your best judgement?

e; hang on.

Use your best judgment ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Nuggan posted:

I kill the Abyss Watchers in like 3-4 hits per stage. So, good.

Like, with your buffed weapon, or Chaos Fire Orb? That's some solid damage.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Andrast posted:

He's not going to follow you if you go up/down with the elevator.

I did that, but am I screwed out of NPC stuff with the onion knight because I just escaped with the elevator?

Oh well, I just gotta try and find out. Found another bonfire at the bottom anyway.

Nuggan
Jul 17, 2006

Always rolling skulls.

Harrow posted:

Like, with your buffed weapon, or Chaos Fire Orb? That's some solid damage.

With the fire orb.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

exquisite tea posted:

When do the romance paths open up for my companions in Firelink Shrine?

Please. The true romance path is Vordt :colbert:

Speaking of Vordt, I'm getting closer to taking that fucker down. I absolutely know how, and I've even gotten him down to being a magic pixel away from dead, but I still haven't quite gotten there. Not gonna trivialize it by getting help, though. Vordt deserves to die with honor.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
The room with the two rat dogs in Irthyll :stonk:

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

So how the gently caress do I get over to this bonfire?

In case you can't tell, this shot was taken from (Aldritch area) the top of the bridge to Anor Londo

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

Andrast posted:

You are really going to dislike some of the later bosses then.

I supposed I must learn to love

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Hakkesshu posted:

In case you can't tell, this shot was taken from (Aldritch area) the top of the bridge to Anor Londo

Try manipulating the spinny staircase and seeing where you can go from there.

Nuggan
Jul 17, 2006

Always rolling skulls.

Hakkesshu posted:

Try Jumping.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
Bought. It'll be my first Dark Souls game.

Thanks for letting me know it's not grind your way to get that one +1 item to be as good as the rest of the poopsockers, y'all.

17GB? Unreal. I love downloading to PSN from work.

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008

Hakkesshu posted:

Invisible bridge from the spiral staircase.

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

In smouldering lake, there's nothing important on the corpse behind the breakable wall that I missed on the side is there? I finally turned off that loving ballista and it's such a trek to get back there.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Estraysian posted:

Invisible bridge from the spiral staircase.

Oy gevalt, I didn't even wanna try that

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

limited posted:

Is there a official goon-password for co-op yet? I'd like to be summoned by, or summon people who don't try to attack bosses with a sliver of health. :sigh:

Goons are usually by appointment only, LASERTAG

Karanas
Jul 17, 2011

Euuuuuuuugh
Holy poo poo I one-shotted Pontiff Sulyvahn

Great Scythe Supremacy:black101:

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Daynab posted:

In smouldering lake, there's nothing important on the corpse behind the breakable wall that I missed on the side is there? I finally turned off that loving ballista and it's such a trek to get back there.

It's the mixed elemental resist ring IIRC

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Oh no are people using one-shot to describe defeating the boss in one try again please no

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Well longfinger kirk just two-shot me. :v:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

turtlecrunch posted:

Oh no are people using one-shot to describe defeating the boss in one try again please no

Of all the things to be a huge baby about, this, this is the most asinine.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

turtlecrunch posted:

I just 1CC'd the game.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Toiwat posted:

Wait, how would one even get stuck at Firelink, there's literally just one thing to do when you first get there.

I spent a while checking every wall and cliff around firelink because it never occurred to me that I'd be able to warp somewhere I'd never visited, and therefore assumed that even if I couldn't see a bridge or something, there'd be a bird or a tunnel.

Andrast posted:

You are really going to dislike some of the later bosses then.

Ugh, I guess I'll be summoning through the later parts of the game then.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

This Crystal Sage is making me angry

Nuggan
Jul 17, 2006

Always rolling skulls.

Karanas posted:

Holy poo poo I one-shotted Pontiff Sulyvahn

Great Scythe Supremacy:black101:

Great Scythe is what I've been using most of the game, tried swapping out for this darkwraith sword for a bit.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Yeah, I thought you had to run to the next area from Firelink to continue like you did in the first Dark Souls but after doing a few laps and only finding some locked doors and an angry naked katana man I figured out that I had to warp to the next area.

Q-sixtysix
Jun 4, 2005

So I just defeated the skeleton lord with the bracelets in the catacombs. Where is the respec lady?

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

No Mods No Masters posted:

It's the mixed elemental resist ring IIRC

Thanks.

Also, does the giant... thing in smouldering lake drop anything worthwhile? cause at this point after it one-hit-killing me a bunch of times I feel like running past it.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Q-sixtysix posted:

So I just defeated the skeleton lord with the bracelets in the catacombs. Where is the respec lady?

In the Cathedral of the Deep, not the catacombs. You need to get to the rafters of the main hall and from there you drop down onto a wooden platform. You should see a bunch of grub enemies. She's past all that.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Captain Oblivious posted:

Thatsaporpoise
Dec 5, 2009
YES rag doll physics are back
Goty 10/10 would push corpse off cliff again

Q-sixtysix
Jun 4, 2005

8-bit Miniboss posted:

In the Cathedral of the Deep, not the catacombs. You need to get to the rafters of the main hall and from there you drop down onto a wooden platform. You should see a bunch of grub enemies. She's past all that.

Is she permanently there? Did I gently caress up by not finding her before I killed the priest congregation?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Q-sixtysix posted:

Is she permanently there? Did I gently caress up by not finding her before I killed the priest congregation?

Yes, she'll be there. She's not dependent on the boss.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
I freed Siegward from his cell but he didn't show up when I fought Yhorm. :(

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Toiwat posted:

Wait, how would one even get stuck at Firelink, there's literally just one thing to do when you first get there.

Check back in the thread, it happened. :shrug: People don't read text I guess. If you're skipping through all the dialogue I could see you being confused.

I don't mean to be a dick about it, I make mistakes myself all the time. Its kinda funny. But yeah.

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Abyss Watchers is one of my favorite boss fights in the entire series and I died about fifteen times on them last night before ragequitting myself to sleep. Feels like the same sort of difficulty wall I always hit when I play DS1 again and run into O&S.

Second phase is easier than the first imo but theres a gimmick that makes the cutscenes important

Q-sixtysix
Jun 4, 2005

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Yes, she'll be there. She's not dependent on the boss.

Thank you friend.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Hakkesshu posted:

Leap of faith, Indiana Jones style.

Captain Oblivious posted:

Couple people got super upset about this in the DS2 thread way back.

Feel free to propose a new phrase if it bothers you so much. One-shot is just convenient and its obvious you didn't actually kill the boss in one blow. "shot" means attempt, jeeze.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Apr 15, 2016

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

So I just beat the boss of Catacombs thanks to a kind phantom who sadly died at the same time as the boss. Bless you buffalo.

Holy hell the view you are rewarded after. I'm so hype for this next area. :drat:

On another note I totally took up the Rosaria's Fingers covenant before doing stuff with Serris and she still gave me the gesture and stuff and is on good terms with me. Didn't have the covenant item on at the time I spoke with her or did other things though so maybe that has something to do with it.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Where the hell is Patches? I've gathered that he's somewhere in the Cathedral but I ran the whole place through without seeing him. Is there some sort of trigger, or did I manage to miss yet another area?

Zaphod42 posted:

Check back in the thread, it happened. :shrug: People don't read text I guess. If you're skipping through all the dialogue I could see you being confused.

I don't mean to be a dick about it, I make mistakes myself all the time. Its kinda funny. But yeah.

I got stuck at Firelink. I try to read all the NPC text so I dunno how I managed to miss that you were supposed to warp to Lothric rather than take some path.

I'm over halfway through the game though and the Firekeeper still says the same things she did at the start. She's even more worthless than the Emerald Herald.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The deacons are awesome. What a cool fight.