Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Askin' again cause I didn't see anyone answer: Is anyone having luck with Blue Sentinels / Darkmoon towards the end of the game? If so, I'd love to know what level and weapon upgrade level I need to be at. I want Darkmoon Blade but getting Proof of Concord Kepts from Silver Knights seems like an absolutely insane grind. People are respeccing to 99 luck, wearing the mimic hat, and using coins and still farming like 4 of them an hour, so I really, really don't want to grind 30 of them that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I did it. I beat it. What a game. I'm a total cynic and very critical but they really delivered with this.

I had one crash Monday at the end of my first session. None other until just now when I selected not to begin NG+. Almost afraid to load it up again and see what happens

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Alkydere posted:

The Diminishing Return point for Pyromancies is 60 total Int and Faith. But unless you want a glass cannon, you really should put a point here and there into other stuff.

I have 18 vigor and it feels like enough at the moment. The only enemies that do an unreasonable amount of damage to me are the rat dogs in Ithyll. I'm thinking of just leaving those fuckers until way later because I don't even know how to handle fighting them.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So I think I hosed up some questlines. I went to Farron Keep first and just went on a straight line and now I'm in hell. I didn't go past the sage boss room, so is Siegward's questline borked for good?

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

So this game has the cutest puppies in the Souls series. Their animation is great, when they see you they just want to play, when they run around corners their tail end oversteers around the corner. They're good little puppies. :3:

Dumb as poo poo though.

edit:
11 hours according to steam. Yes this is my first playthrough, no I haven't beaten Vordt. No I don't want help.

I'll get there. eventually.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

BobTheJanitor posted:

Fully explore what? You drop off the rafters onto a little platform, drop from there to a larger platform, kill a bunch of maggot guys that ambush you and pull the lever which takes you back across, that's it. Unless there's some illusory wall hiding something, there's nothing more over there. :shrug:

You missed the covenant in the other direction.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

BobTheJanitor posted:

Fully explore what? You drop off the rafters onto a little platform, drop from there to a larger platform, kill a bunch of maggot guys that ambush you and pull the lever which takes you back across, that's it. Unless there's some illusory wall hiding something, there's nothing more over there. :shrug:

There's literally, just... a path.

An archway door that leads to some stairs, right opposite the lever/big gate.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

The dungeon makes part 1 of latria look like Disneyland. Those loving bitches that reduce your max HP jesus

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Is anyone getting "invalid data detected" or whatever? I've been seeing reports of it on the forums, but the warning is pretty vague

It seems like a repeat of the DS2 launch. Most people are claiming ignorance about what's causing it, but the common culprits seems to be SweetFX and Borderless Windowed and all that. What's weird is that it seems to be happening to a few accounts that are brand new, first time booting up.

There's no real info about what could be causing it, the warning itself is useless in that regard, and deleting saves and third party software doesn't make it go away or anything. So just keep playing, and if you get softbanned, email bamco about it, I guess. Kinda sucks, but after the DS2 launch we probably should have expected this.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

actionjackson posted:

The dungeon makes part 1 of latria look like Disneyland. Those loving bitches that reduce your max HP jesus

I really dislike how ear spitting the screams of those hollows are.

Sometimes when you invade one just randomly screams when you load in and oh god it hurts.

EDIT: Is it even possible to stop hosts from entering the fog now? I backstabbed someone right at the start of the fog animation and he went in just fine :geno:

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Apr 16, 2016

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

The Abyss watcher sword and set is swank as gently caress, especially for sunbroing at that boss fight.

It makes roleplaying sense

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

How do you stop getting invaded? If I wanted to play a game where I got invaded I'd go play a loving MMO. When I'm fighting a cheese loving monster I don't really feel like getting attacked by a loving player.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

actionjackson posted:

It is probably one of the worst areas in the game, all because of them.

How to beat them: when their lanterns glow red, it drains your health. Just stay out of their vision until the lantern goes white again. Hitting one of these ASSHOLES while they light the lantern, will still light it. Losing health is inevitable

Zotix posted:

How do you stop getting invaded? If I wanted to play a game where I got invaded I'd go play a loving MMO. When I'm fighting a cheese loving monster I don't really feel like getting attacked by a loving player.

dont use an ember

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Mazerunner posted:

There's literally, just... a path.

An archway door that leads to some stairs, right opposite the lever/big gate.

Wow maybe it's time for me to stop for the night. I have apparently developed acute blindness to the obvious.

Went back and found it now, thanks.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

Contrary to their old usage, lightning spears now work like videogame shotguns. You do more damage the closer they are, and that's how it is.

This is intentional because lots of talismans will give you a poise bonus when casting spells if you use the sword art, for a little bonus mana. That way you can shotgun people in PVP right through them trying to hit you. But its wonky and not what lightning spear used to be.

It differentiates it more from sorcery, but its a change.

I know that, and I think it's pretty cool. I was just wondering if there was a critical mass of Faith where they can actually be enough to take out a normal, non-boss/non-player enemy at range.

Internet Kraken posted:

Is the scaling on pyromancy actually worth raising faith/int or should I just keep focusing on vigor, endurance, and attunement?

I really wish From would put some sort of training dummy in the hub area so you could test out damage in a more reliable way.

The scaling is noticeable but I'd only do it if you were planning on using pyromancy and Chaos/Dark-scaling things as your main damage source. If you're not, I'd focus on other things first.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Zotix posted:

Go into the options menu and set the game to start in offline mode, then just relaunch. From then on you'll only be online when you select 'log in' from the main menu. You can still see messages, ghosts etc.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Quality build, having a real hard time choosing between the Wolf Knight Greatsword and the Farron Greatsword. Someone tip me either way.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Eonwe posted:

Deacons of the deep owned

I hear they have a new album coming out

Orv
May 4, 2011

BillmasterCozb posted:

How to beat them: when their lanterns glow red, it drains your health. Just stay out of their vision until the lantern goes white again. Hitting one of these ASSHOLES while they light the lantern, will still light it. Losing health is inevitable

The hitbox on their health drain is very precise, so if you can do enough damage to make them do their stagger animation, they typically can't look at you if you can just keep them stun locked the whole time. It's not 100% success rate but fighting one or two at a time means you aren't wasting a ton of estus on refilling.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

holy poo poo I managed to beat a Super Dancer. thanks for dying like 10 seconds into the fight, fellow sunbro. the ensuing fight was exhilarating :feelsgood:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Genocyber posted:

Quality build, having a real hard time choosing between the Wolf Knight Greatsword and the Farron Greatsword. Someone tip me either way.

Wolf Knight Greatsword lets you do flips and poo poo and later on you can get the rad as hell matching armor.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Genocyber posted:

Farron Greatsword has a built in parry and lets you do the slide-swipe the boss does and immediately on you can get the rad as hell matching armour.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Mazerunner posted:

Farron Greatsword has a built in parry and lets you do the slide-swipe the boss does and immediately on you can get the rad as hell matching armour.

It shows your skinny beef jerky wrists and the hat looks goofy!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I think I'm having more trouble with the catacombs than any location in the entire series.

Also rolling skeletons 2.0 can gently caress right off.

Gold Dust Gasoline
Jul 11, 2006

just be yourself and you'll be fine
Pillbug
So I'm level 32 with a +3 longsword and a +3 magic staff thing, and all the summoning signs have completely disappeared!

If I put my sign down no one summons me either (except very rarely). Is it just my level / equipment upgrade lock me out of allot of games or something?

EDIT:
I can't even use a red eye orb, it just never finds anyone...

It didn't used to be like this either! It has just gotten progressively worse for some reason.

Gold Dust Gasoline fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Apr 16, 2016

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
Fell into a pit with three goat cat demons, backed into a corner and was at about 10% health. I prepared for one last hail mary attack when 3 of my butt joke messages got rated putting me back at full health. It was like getting a second wind, I went on to murder everything around me.

Moral of this story: Place butt jokes everywhere, you never know when they'll save your life.

Tamayachi fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Apr 16, 2016

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

Zotix posted:

You can use the Way of the Blue covenant to auto-summon defending phantoms when you get invaded.

Besides, the person invading you doesn't get the ember health bonus that you have and they're limited to half of their estus stock. You have way more leeway for error than they do if the fight is otherwise even.

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

Tamayachi posted:

Fell into a pit with three goat cat demons, backed into a corner and was at about 10% health. I prepared for one last hail mary attack when 3 of my butt joke messages got rated putting me back at full health. It was like getting a second wind, I went on to murder everything around me

This got me wondering... what happens when something is rated negatively?

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
What the fuuuuuck. I'm getting that glitch where phantoms can't traverse the boss fog wall. It literally happened 15 times in a row, making me beat boosted bosses by myself. I might just drop this game for now if it's going to be this glitchy.

The weird part is that it never happens to me when I'm a phantom.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
i wish i could reinforce bonfires so i can go get a second soul of a demon, i really don't want to go to NG+ for one

anyone have one they're not using? I can trade you, I have...most things.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
These hand hippos are making me really uncomfortable.

Thumbtacks posted:

i wish i could reinforce bonfires so i can go get a second soul of a demon, i really don't want to go to NG+ for one

I have one I don't care about but I dunno how to setup a trade. What would we need to do?

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Apr 16, 2016

Rukus
Mar 13, 2007

Hmph.

nerdz posted:

What the fuuuuuck. I'm getting that glitch where phantoms can't traverse the boss fog wall. It literally happened 15 times in a row, making me beat boosted bosses by myself. I might just drop this game for now if it's going to be this glitchy.

The weird part is that it never happens to me when I'm a phantom.

I've had this happen twice, both times one phantom made it through but the other got stuck. I wonder if it's a server sync issue (your game not telling the phantom you've passed the wall and "unlocked" it.).

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
Finally beat Dancer of the boreal valley, got her swords, which have a rad moveset Moved onto the next area, into a cemetery where I come across the sounds of crying baby. Definitely my favorite boss so far. I'm always a big fan of anguished enemies with nothing to lose

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

Thumbtacks posted:

I'm like... 99% sure you can get two souls of a Demon in one playthrough. One in Undead Settlement and the other in Smouldering Lake

Internet Kraken posted:

These hand hippos are making me really uncomfortable.

Those things were terrible to see for the first time :stare:

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Rukus posted:

I've had this happen twice, both times one phantom made it through but the other got stuck. I wonder if it's a server sync issue (your game not telling the phantom you've passed the wall and "unlocked" it.).

There's no server sync involved with that. Interactions when other players are in your world are peer-to-peer.

Basically one of you (or both) has a crappy connection to the other.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

BillmasterCozb posted:

I loved that zone because it made me feel fear, instead of being a naked murdermancer able to cut anything in my path to ribbons

worlds deadliest game of red light green light

Spooky Bear Ghost fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Apr 16, 2016

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Tamayachi posted:

I'm like... 99% sure you can get two souls of a Demon in one playthrough. One in Undead Settlement and the other in Smouldering Lake

Nope. That first one does not drop a soul, it just makes the items show up in the boss weapon menu because you saw the same enemy type.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

Regy Rusty posted:

Nope. That first one does not drop a soul, it just makes the items show up in the boss weapon menu because you saw the same enemy type.

That makes a little more sense, I saw the boss items show up and just assumed I had accidentally used the soul at some point. Turns out I never got it in the first place :v:

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I feel like I'd rather have blessed on a shield than a weapon, too bad the shield I use can't be infused :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

man the spawn locations in the cathedral are loving garbage.

"yes lets spawn you right next to an enemy that can kill you in one combo :downs: