Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Dr Cheeto posted:

Ammo drops have been removed. Ammo refills can be won in card drops or traded on the Steam marketplace.

:love:

The ammo safe. Ammo conditions. RPG rounds are legendary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

So, battleworn ammunition does less damage? Maybe it wears down your gun and makes it jam and then explode, Far Cry 2 style.

I'm just imagining legendary battleworn RPG rounds that explode in your face and kill you and your team.

UnknownMercenary fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Apr 16, 2016

IndianaZoidberg
Aug 21, 2011

My name isnt slick, its Zoidberg. JOHN F***ING ZOIDBERG!
Welcome to my safe room. :smuggo:

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

OVERKILL_Jules posted:

The following skills have been removed :
    Brother’s Keeper

Rest in peace, sweet prince.

e:

OVERKILL_Jules posted:

Just quick note on melee related to sprinting, charging and attacking. This would be features we would add base game. Programers will be looking into it.

Excellent.

ClonedPickle fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Apr 16, 2016

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?

ClonedPickle posted:

Rest in peace, sweet prince.

Lol, that was actually useful for Goat Simulator day 2 on DW for about 1 minute. Still, considering how many useless skills there are in the current fugitive skill tree...

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Discendo Vox posted:

:love:

The ammo safe. Ammo conditions. RPG rounds are legendary.

Three new ammo types for free:
Armor Piercing Bullets
Dummy Rounds Bullets
Magnums Bullets

Safe only:
Hornet's Nest 40mm
Slug 40mm
Timed 40mm
Smoke 40mm
Roll of Quarters Shot
Bird Shot
Flare Shot
Taser Shot
Uranium Enriched Bullets
Extra Powder Bullets
Spread Bullets
Bouncing RPG
Shrapnel RPG

Legendary Mini Nuclear Option RPG

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

finally, my melee builds will be validated.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

ClonedPickle posted:

Still no sprinting + charging melee, smh

Just berserker + pumping iron is enough to make you oneshot gensec elites with the high-power melee weapons. Adding bloodthirst on to that will make charging melee weapons practically pointless.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Honestly after the weapon revamp, perk revamp and skill revamp I wouldn't be surprised to see another pass at general game difficulty at some point. Given the game's lifespan it would probably be the last pass at the game's difficulty but still.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

watho posted:

Just berserker + pumping iron is enough to make you oneshot gensec elites with the high-power melee weapons. Adding bloodthirst on to that will make charging melee weapons practically pointless.

No you don't understand. I want to dress Jiro in the Nobunaga armor and run around constantly charging my katana attack. Waddling around dressed as a michelin man isn't cutting it .

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Laputanmachine posted:

No you don't understand. I want to dress Jiro in the Nobunaga armor and run around constantly charging my katana attack. Waddling around dressed as a michelin man isn't cutting it .
Jiro didn't wear fedora though.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Laputanmachine posted:

Fair enough.

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

OVERKILL_Joakim posted:

We are aiming to release the skills beta the 28th of april if everything goes smooth.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/218620/discussions/8/368542585862901723/#c368542585865270969

Now I'm going to deal with this headache for reading that deep into a steam forums thread

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

From reddit:

New build calculatorb
http://payday.drakendomain.net/

You can skills past the 100 point limit, it just informs you that you need infamy at 104 points, and builds with >104 are just labelled invalid.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

ClonedPickle posted:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/218620/discussions/8/368542585862901723/#c368542585865270969

Now I'm going to deal with this headache for reading that deep into a steam forums thread

You mean you don't like visiting the forums where people say dumb poo poo like "we don't need to nerf pistols, everything needs to be buffed to the level of pistols" and "shotguns were never good in Payday 2"?

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Derp, nevermind.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Drewjitsu posted:

From reddit:

New build calculatorb
http://payday.drakendomain.net/

You can skills past the 100 point limit, it just informs you that you need infamy at 104 points, and builds with >104 are just labelled invalid.

Very handy, though the interface isn't perfect. It looks like I can still get virtually everything I'd want in my normal loud utility build.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Apr 16, 2016

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

I will say this about the skill calculator/skill revamp:

I think you'll see fewer "optimal" builds available so you might actually see less build diversity at the high end. That being said, the capacity for pure gimmick builds with this thing is mind blowing and that's usually where I have the most fun.

In other words: jerks who hate fun will see minimal disruption. Everybody else strap yourself in for some crazy bullshit.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Honestly I'm most excited to make a Frenzy/Berzerker/Yakuza Dodge build and see how well I can do hopped up on pure bloodlust.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE
Some quick numbers using the calculator, it looks like you have enough points to get T4 Ace in three trees if you don't spend more points than necessary, with 20 points left over (assuming infamy). It takes 10 points to get a T2 Ace in a tree, so you can dip into two trees in addition to your big three. Grabbing the lower tiers is much more of an investment than previously, but it's much easier to hit the upper tiers once you make that decision. Because it takes four points to ace a T1 skill and you have to ace T1 to move up to T2, spending excess points towards the end may mean spreading out 1 point dips except most of them aren't particularly great. Might end up seeing a lot of 1 point in Breacher for faster drill repairs if nothing else.

I was able to mostly replicate my old build with about ~10 points left over but that was purely aiming for the old skills I already had and ignoring the new stuff, a mock build where I went for the new stuff meant I definitely had to drop some of my old skills. I feel like a lot of build design is going to revolve around how good/comfortable you are with your weapon loadouts, because in general you can break down the skills into two categories, "be even better with this type of weapon" or "do something you would never be able to do otherwise".

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

UnknownMercenary posted:

You mean you don't like visiting the forums where people say dumb poo poo like "we don't need to nerf pistols, everything needs to be buffed to the level of pistols" and "shotguns were never good in Payday 2"?

All I can see is people complaining about how Overkill is buffing pistols further and they're losing their drat minds about it. I mean, yeah, Dance Instructor putting 15 more in the mag is perhaps too good (especially because I'm 95% sure that will be 30 for akimbo pistols), but now pistols will actually cost me points instead of being a convenient way to get to Inspire! Psh.

Everyone over there is dumb as a brick, though, drat.

ps good luck dealing with pubbies eating all your doctor bags to feed their messiah charges :v:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Oh no, pubs will be shitlords and burn all your bags! This is definitely a new thing.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Upper is going to make those no down achievements like Reputation Beyond Reproach a lot easier.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Honestly most games we have way too many doctor bags to be useful. Pubbies already huff them whenever they get a chance, which I was kinda fine with given the circumstance I just described. Now? Now I don't have to pick their dumb asses up as part the bargain. gently caress if Messiah actually becomes common place maybe I can stop taking inspire! (probably never)

Mendrian fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Apr 16, 2016

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Even if everyone has messiah, inspire ace is still crazy over powered.

It's still worth taking no matter how many doc bag huffing messiah bads you have in your team.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Mendrian posted:

I will say this about the skill calculator/skill revamp:

I think you'll see fewer "optimal" builds available so you might actually see less build diversity at the high end. That being said, the capacity for pure gimmick builds with this thing is mind blowing and that's usually where I have the most fun.

In other words: jerks who hate fun will see minimal disruption. Everybody else strap yourself in for some crazy bullshit.

This is exactly the reason i'm excited about this revamp. I've been playing around on that build calculator linked upthread and I really love what they've done to the trees. I thought it was looking good the last month or so, but having it altogether just makes me smile.

I can get 65% crit on akimbos after taking cover for two seconds and literally be this guy (@3:00 if i hosed up the embed)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuslUzbJEaw&t=180s

e: too bad overwatch drops like days after this does, rip me

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Streaming tonight with a buddy, come check it out if you want to watch people who are bad at stealth

http://twitch.tv/dogglesforhire

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I'm going to dump 48 points into turrets and you can't stop me!

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

These are probably bad builds. Don't judge me. More for my own benefit and putting them somewhere so I can look at them later.

Masterforcer (shotgun focus)
http://payday.drakendomain.net/?1=a&3=a&4=a&5=a&6=a&10=b&12=a&19=b&21=b&22=a&23=a&24=a&25=a&26=a&28=a&29=a&30=a&54=b&64=b&66=a

Grinder Fugimind:
http://payday.drakendomain.net/?1=a&2=a&4=a&6=a&10=a&12=a&28=b&29=a&30=a&54=b&62=b&64=a&65=b&66=a&76=b&77=a&78=a&80=a&81=a&82=a&84=a

Melee:
http://payday.drakendomain.net/?1=a&3=a&4=a&6=a&10=a&12=a&64=b&66=a&80=a&81=a&82=a&83=a&84=a&85=b&86=a&88=a&89=a&90=a

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

This is what I came up with for my shotgun Masterforcer. I could pick up some more utility if I didn't also want to use LMGs.

http://payday.drakendomain.net/?1=a&3=a&4=a&6=a&10=b&12=a&19=b&21=a&23=a&24=a&25=a&26=a&29=a&30=a&32=b&35=a&36=a&53=b&54=a&66=b

Master fartguns build. Can't wait to see what I can pull off with a silenced JP36.

http://payday.drakendomain.net/?1=a&3=a&4=a&6=a&49=a&50=a&51=a&53=a&54=a&64=a&65=b&66=a&67=a&69=a&71=a&72=a

vv Underdog has been fixed for some time now.

UnknownMercenary fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Apr 16, 2016

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

oh no I just noticed that the bottom of the shotgunner tree is loving underdog and you have to ace it to climb the tree

I really hate that broken loving skill and I can't skip it now if I want to shoot people with shotguns

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Here's my murder/FAK build

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
Do you suppose that aced Bloodthirst will stack with aced Shock and Awe?

SAMARIX
Jul 8, 2013
This is me trying to replicate my normal TechForcer build for the new skill tree.

I might be able to change some things around based on what they do with the quality of life skills.

How good is the Bullseye skill? Its a skill I have not heard people talk about much.

ClonedPickle posted:

It's probably counter-productive for using the Armorer perk deck since it might end your invulnerability early or whatever.

Edit: This is a really good point, I never thought of that. Removed Bullseye from my build

SAMARIX fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Apr 17, 2016

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

SAMARIX posted:

This is me trying to replicate my normal TechForcer build for the new skill tree.

I might be able to change some things around based on what they do with the quality of life skills.

How good is the Bullseye skill? Its a skill I have not heard people talk about much.

It's better the lower your natural armor is. If you're rolling around in an ictv it's worthless but if you've got a suit or an lbv it's amazing

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

It's not something you normally pick up for an armor build. Bullseye is really good for suit/vest builds because they inherently have low armor and being able to gain some back with a headshot when your armor is broken is pretty useful.

Before they revealed the new Fugitive tree, I almost thought they were doing this as a nerf to dodge/grinder builds.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
haha i just made up a build that has ICTV, ammo bags, shockproof, and messiah

it's me i'm the rear end in a top hat

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010
Bullseye is great for suit/LBV builds, and now that it's not up a totally irrelevant tree it meshes well with ICTV+Sociopath builds, but if you don't want to use the Sociopath deck you're probably safe ignoring it. It's probably counter-productive for using the Armorer perk deck since it might end your invulnerability early or whatever, and Muscle has enough health to let the armor recharge normally. It's main purpose is to regenerate the bad luck shield for dodge builds, but I'm excited to use it with Sociopath.

Shanks: I don't see why the reload speed bonus from Bloodthirst wouldn't stack with anything else, since this skill re-balance seems to put fun first.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
gently caress, I forgot about bullseye! This will work great on sociopath..yessssss..

Alrighty, this one is all about armor, sociopath, and ammunition at the cost of health. I love it.

spit on my clit fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Apr 17, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Here's what I have so far. Ammo, meds, Inspire, and a variety of utility skills.