Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
when I was demoted which time, up to 4 I think now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

when I was demoted which time, up to 4 I think now

Like do you go over your life choices when you get punished for pun management?

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Despera posted:

When you got demoted from mod, what was it like to lose everything?

Losing the responsibility of modding the Karmafleet Goonfleet forums is more blessing than curse

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Rhymenoserous posted:

Losing the responsibility of modding the Karmafleet Goonfleet forums is more blessing than curse

Hes gotta have the most posts there. That thing was his life.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

LuiCypher posted:

You opened my eyes, brother, to the truth of the world. For years my hard work has gone to enrich the CEO of every company I've worked for. It's high time I quit all of my jobs and see how homelessness works out for me... Eh, nope.

If you're having fun, by all means stay in Goonswarm. The time it feels like you are working in playing a game, is when to leave .

In another question, has this war seen some new FC's come up? One of the points of Fozziesov was to get more people involved in leading smaller, more dispersed fleets. Is that happening?

I wouldn't have thought trying to bore your enemy away is going to work if you lose all the space. One reason I thought it worked in the 1st Great War because BoB was at the end of a very long supply line, which isn't the case now. And Goonswarm had space to fall back too, which dosn't seem be the case now either. Seems to be a strategy for the last war sort of thing.

Tusen Takk posted:

Okay I have two weeks before I graduate and am able to resub. Whose couch are we crashing on?

After the Fall of Delve, Goonswarm lived under the wing of TCF and had the old Northern Collation to hide behind to rebuild. Who in Eve would provide that cover now? XDeathX maybe? It's the only part of Eve that Goonswarm hasn't lived in yet (north of the old SMASH southern Drone region). That's probably too close to the New North...anyone friendly way down south near 9-9 these days? Or maybe base out of Curse, like the last time Goonswarm had to rebuild (that was a fun time. Only Command Ship in the fleet and I was it, that was nice).

Comstar fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Apr 17, 2016

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Despera posted:

You are remarkably weird.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Rhymenoserous posted:

You are remarkably weird.

Yet I am not the one who lived in goonfleet.com and now lives in this awful awful thread.

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!

Voyager I posted:

Whoa. Is it time to resub?

Come join holesquad or groon

Fureil
Jul 7, 2012
Arguments for or against each of the T2 Covops frigates? I would love to get into an Anathema, but is the base 381 m/sec of the Cheetah worth the fact that it doesn't look like a Vigil anymore? I know they won't see me, but I at least want my spacemans box to look nice.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
A plea for DJ to come back but I would think 1K is not enough to go through that hell it would be. Maybe do it for 150K? You could get him to write a book about it.

Comstar fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Apr 17, 2016

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Despera posted:

Not by half idiot

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Despera posted:

Yet I am not the one who lived in goonfleet.com and now lives in this awful awful thread.

You just live here because you can't live in ju anymore

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Fureil posted:

Arguments for or against each of the T2 Covops frigates? I would love to get into an Anathema, but is the base 381 m/sec of the Cheetah worth the fact that it doesn't look like a Vigil anymore? I know they won't see me, but I at least want my spacemans box to look nice.

you may have more luck in the chill thread, better signal:shitpost ratio over there

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Anathamas cap bonus is nice. If you dont like the cheetah its the second best.

Fureil
Jul 7, 2012

Jazzzzz posted:

you may have more luck in the chill thread, better signal:shitpost ratio over there

The chill thread didn't have as many cute animal pictures last time I checked. Also my inquiries are a not so subtle attempt to get people to think about EVE and not all the extra bullshit. Maybe in helping a newbee out they will find a spark of enjoyment in the game.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
You could make a good argument the anathama is best, and itl certainly prevent you from running out of cap once in awhile during warp. I just prefer the cheetah agility, especially for getting around sites.

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

Despera posted:

Anathamas cap bonus is nice. If you dont like the cheetah its the second best.

you really are a loving idiot

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Fix Lag posted:

you really are a loving idiot

You put rockets on your anathema or do you really care about spelling?

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
If you are randomly coming out of the shadows to get me, little less weaker poo poo please.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Despera posted:

If you are randomly coming out of the shadows to get me, little less weaker poo poo please.

You're meltdown has been a thing of beauty to watch. Thank you.

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

The Gallente covops is objectively the best

and I say this as an anathema fan

in conclusion, shut up idiot

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Fix Lag posted:

and I say this as an anathema fan

in conclusion, shut up idiot

Cheetahs the best.

cravius posted:

You're meltdown has been a thing of beauty to watch. Thank you.

Would you say that its nice?

Also flacco owns the patriots

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

Despera posted:

Cheetahs the best.

what part of "objectively superior" sounded like there was room for your dumb opinion

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

don't answer that because you'll just spout something stupid

the reason is because it has a great slot layout

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Fix Lag posted:

the reason is because it has a great slot layout

Cargohold + agility > one more mid

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

Fix Lag posted:

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

And I thought fighting over pixel moons was dumb enough, jesus.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

And I thought fighting over pixel moons was dumb enough, jesus.

Bitches always wanna start something

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Despera posted:

Bitches always wanna start something

:ironicat:

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

I didnt want to fight about covert ops

https://zkillboard.com/ship/11182/

https://zkillboard.com/ship/607/page/2/

well ones being used only about 3x more

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Just duel in your dumb ships at 50 paces or w/e the gently caress you eve goons do and get a real answer

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I remember when this thread was just goons

It was really nice back then

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Tusen Takk posted:

I was there, it sucked

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Despera posted:

I was there, it sucked

Hmm there seems to be a connection between the two

Not sure what it is but I'm sure we'll figure it out

Fureil
Jul 7, 2012

Fix Lag posted:

Mind elaborating for a newbie? I figured the two highslots leaving no room for a cyno would make it an okay option but not optimal.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
I forgot it only had two highs LOL

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Tusen Takk posted:

Pretty sure this was never a thing.

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

Fureil posted:

Mind elaborating for a newbie? I figured the two highslots leaving no room for a cyno would make it an okay option but not optimal.

If you're trying to scan poo poo/run sites, the Gallente one is best because it has the most midslots. High slots are mostly useless on a covert ops because you're not fitting guns/neuts whatever, and lowslots are just bonuses to make it slightly more efficient. Midslots determine its scanning and hacking abilities, and since it has the most favorable low/mid layout it is the best covert ops ship with which to be scanning and doing sites. I used to be a fan of the Anathema, but the Helios's extra mid really just can't be beat. This is especially true since CCP rebalanced site loot to take up less room, so cargo space isn't the issue it once was.

If you're worried about agility and getting around nullsec go buy an instalign interceptor because that's what those are for.

e: also it has room for a light drone :frogc00l:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

Fureil posted:

If you don't need the Cyno (ie, doing exploration or just acting as a combat prober for a in-system fleet) then the Gallente is the best. I don't know if that is what Fix Lag was getting at though. Otherwise if you need it for Cyno and scouting work, it's pretty much the worst just by that virtue alone.

• Locked thread