Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Luigi Thirty posted:

Yeah MLW is good again now that Konnan's not angry 24/7 and MSL is back on the regular shows.

I'll stick to Bauer & Pollock so long as MSL is around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
"Here's the cervix!"

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

mariooncrack posted:

If you have MLW VIP, Konnan talks about the Octagon-Octagon Jr. altercation and lucha gimmicks/Mexican copyright laws. It's pretty interesting.

When I first heard that story I thought in my head it was Octagon and Octagoncito. I was disappointed when I saw it wasn't an old man beating up a mini.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

KungFu Grip posted:

Someone tell Coachman that English is Owen's second language and then be amazed at how good a promo Owens is.

Americans are only impressed with people speaking multiple languages if their first language is English. Everyone else is expected to speak English fluently and considered dumb if they don't

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

I haven't listened to B&V in a few months, so I decided to listen to the newest episode on my drive home from work.

After listening to Bryan do nothing but whine about Granny's audio quality for the first 5 minutes, I resumed not listening to the B&V show.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Fauxhawk Express posted:

I haven't listened to B&V in a few months, so I decided to listen to the newest episode on my drive home from work.

After listening to Bryan do nothing but whine about Granny's audio quality for the first 5 minutes, I resumed not listening to the B&V show.

Bryan Alvarez is a douchebag whose mindset seems exactly the same since when he was 20 imo

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Her voice sounded like, exactly the same both ways, except his poor grandmother could actually hear without straining with the headset. Bryan must go.

Beaverseatwood2
Feb 23, 2014
Dont know appropriate thread, but this weeks snap judgement has a story featuring exotico luchador cassandro and his match va hijo de santo in 91

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Somehow Russo got this awesome interview with HBK and I thank him for it.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

KungFu Grip posted:

Someone tell Coachman that English is Owen's second language and then be amazed at how good a promo Owens is.

Someone made their own blog just to write to Rosenberg and Coach how dumb they are for not understanding Sami's gimmick.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Aesop Poprock posted:

Americans are only impressed with people speaking multiple languages if their first language is English. Everyone else is expected to speak English fluently and considered dumb if they don't

Finally someone who gets it

Tripwyre
Mar 25, 2007

#RXT REVOLUTION~!

:ughh:

future scoopin'...

keevo posted:

Someone made their own blog just to write to Rosenberg and Coach how dumb they are for not understanding Sami's gimmick.

Please post it here.

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

Dave's Twitter game is very strong, even on a Friday night.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Dave should just do an entire mailbag episode answering idiots who get mad about spoilers.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

I don't watch much LU but Dave's twitter has taught me that their fans are all twats.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

OSW Review has the first of the Ed Leslie/WCW Hulkster saga up. It's Hogan vs The Butcher at Starcade 94

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe
Dave has a near Kevin Owens quality twitter

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

ParanoidInc posted:

Dave has a near Kevin Owens quality twitter

He has abandoned the F4W forum to do it.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

rovert posted:

Who can blame him?

Korelle
Sep 18, 2010

rovert posted:

Sounds like a win-win to me.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

rovert posted:

And nothing of value was lost

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

Tripwyre posted:

Please post it here.

http://smarkofthebeast.tumblr.com/post/142861673021/the-case-for-samis-gimmick

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe

rovert posted:

wow even better

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Snark of the beast is pretty much the best wrestling-themed pun username ever conceived.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

more like Smark of the Beast folks I'm here all week try the veal

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I was a little distracted so didn't get the full details while listening to the latest Observer Radio, pretty hosed up to hear that Alicia Fox submitted Shinsuke Nakamura, Dean Ambrose AND Seth Rollins during the European Tour. Seth Rollins was so upset he started cutting his own hair off.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Illuminati minions, all of 'em.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Jerusalem posted:

I was a little distracted so didn't get the full details while listening to the latest Observer Radio, pretty hosed up to hear that Alicia Fox submitted Shinsuke Nakamura, Dean Ambrose AND Seth Rollins during the European Tour. Seth Rollins was so upset he started cutting his own hair off.

ahahaha nice

Poor X-Pac, though.

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

I'm nearly a week late but listening to the Austin show with Enzo and Cass part 2 right now, and goddamn if anyone hasn't listened to it yet please do so asap. Gold from start to end

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

'here is my case for sami's gimmick i care about so much but not enough to spell his loving name right'

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

This is the goofiest poo poo

Beaverseatwood2
Feb 23, 2014

Now i love punk n ska. Toured with a 2tone band and have been in a punk band since 07. That being said, i still think his gimmick is kind of jojo. Granted that yes, i dress exactly the same, he still comes out to some weak rear end 3d wave ska song. If he would walk out to a specials or madness jam itd be different.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

I finally got around to listening to Karl Stern from last week, and him being so old-man angry at Batman V Superman was the funniest thing.

I mean, it was bad, but he got so angry even thinking about that movie.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
"This person wants to know 'What's the status of the Death of TNA book?' Well I still don't want to write it."

"What if it was for a gold boatful of cash?"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

So if I understand correctly, the sticking point in the TNA negotiations is that Dixie is intransigent on the idea of giving up more than 49% of the company, and Aroluxe are insistent that all they want is the Sudetenland?

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
Wasn't Bryan's recording of an audiobook version of the Death of WCW due back sometime in February?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Hearing them talk about ad rates made me try and find a USA Network Ad Rate Card.

Haven't had any luck yet, but they are promoting their network demos:

16.5% of their audience graduated college.
Almost 75% of their audience is white
Average household income is $75k

WWE is not on their list of featured programs.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

"The Nazi tattoos and all that stuff. It doesn't help"

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
"women, women, women" - dave meltzer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007