Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blunderstorm
Mar 1, 2016

my grandfather just posts and all i got was this lousy joke, so what
Hello ciGoons

How awkward do you think it will be in the office tomorrow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blunderstorm
Mar 1, 2016

I find it hard to believe that Derek didn't get mod approval for the ragequit fiasco in like 3 days

For shame derek.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Jon Do posted:

Did you ever know that you're my heeeeroooo~

e: I do not have twitch throwaway accounts :effort: but I assume this website can be stripped into single quotes for IRC bots?

Sure, here is the text file that feeds the site:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o2stqsuzg5q4xf8/benbot.txt?dl=0

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

grimcreaper posted:

The correct term is "Ryan Archering"

This makes me think about how my day-to-day vocabulary has changed since this thread, in ways that make it harder to communicate with police society. I've caught myself using the following terms in mixed company:

- Stimperial
- Archerized
- The worst kind of
- Commando
- Triples every second

...among others. It's hard to pick a favorite, but I think "Archerized" is my vote for a word that makes it into common discourse and eventually gets into Merriam-Webster.

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

VealCutlet posted:

I had chicken fried steak once when I was in the states, was loving amazing. If anyone has a recipe I'd be thankful!

Sorry to quote this from a million pages ago, but I live in the American South and I think I can help.

This recipe comes from Southern Living, and it's pretty typical

Chicken-Fried Steak

salt
pepper
4 (4 ounce) cube steaks
1 sleeve crushed saltine crackers (about 38)
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
ground black pepper
ground red pepper
baking powder
4 3/4 cups milk
2 large eggs
1 cup peanut oil

1. Sprinkle salt and pepper over steaks.
2. Combine crackers, 1 cup flour, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, red pepper, and baking powder. Whisk 3/4 cup of milk and eggs. Coat steaks in cracker mixture, dip in milk mixture, and coat in crackers again.
3. Pour oil into non-stick skillet and heat to 360 (deg F). Fry steaks 2-3 minutes or until golden. Keep steaks warm in oven set to 225. Carefully drain oil, keeping the cooking bits and about 1 tablespoon of drippings in skillet.
4. Whisk 4 cups milk, 1/4 cup flour, 1 teaspoon salt and black pepper. Add to drippings in skillet; cook, whisking constantly, over medium-high heat, 10 to 12 minutes or until thickened. Serve over steaks.

Blunderstorm
Mar 1, 2016

I think I'm going to name my next pup "commando"

Plural Abysss
Feb 25, 2016

BMan posted:

Someone asked for a Ben Lesnick bot the other day. Well here it is...

:frogsiren: http://robo-roberts.appspot.com/ben :frogsiren:

:five:

The Book of PARP posted:

I don't know what the best thing ever was going to be a cult.

Plural Abysss fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Apr 17, 2016

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Scruffpuff posted:

This makes me think about how my day-to-day vocabulary has changed since this thread, in ways that make it harder to communicate with police society.
That's one of the dangers of being undercover, you start going native.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Scruffpuff posted:

CIG has a number of accounts here, all registered in the past few months, that they rotate among certain staff members for monitoring purposes. Whenever something really bad gets uncovered here, CIG determines whether or not to burn one of those accounts to attempt to derail the thread. Most things, like DonutGate, are handled internally (editing the video, tossing in a backhanded reference on the next stream, etc.) Some things, like Ben-Ghazi, in their minds require a derail. The rules about what is and is not allowed to be posted are very specific.

Allowed: personal attacks on Derek Smart, general proclamations against CIG approved for purposes of "fitting in" i.e. "SC is a scam, there are problems with management, I don't like space games, I wouldn't give them a dime" etc.
Disallowed: personal attacks on Chris or Sandi, focus on specific acts of mismanagement by CIG (fraudulent refund denials, closing accounts with a $15 extortion fee)

They don't like to burn the accounts because the newly registered ones will have a more recent date, and lose some credibility during a derail. Posts have to be approved, and so on. It's a bit of a pain in the rear end, so you can see just how seriously they take it that they chose to burn one on this topic. Ben was always an embarrassment to CIG, but this takes it to a whole new level.

I thought the CIG shills thing was a bunch of tinfoil but if Stimsis isn't actually a shill then he's a thread regular blowing :10bux: to do a perfect imitation of one

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Scruffpuff is lando. Think about it

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Scruffpuff posted:

This makes me think about how my day-to-day vocabulary has changed since this thread, in ways that make it harder to communicate with police society. I've caught myself using the following terms in mixed company:

- Stimperial
- Archerized
- The worst kind of
- Commando
- Triples every second

...among others. It's hard to pick a favorite, but I think "Archerized" is my vote for a word that makes it into common discourse and eventually gets into Merriam-Webster.

all I know is when I've seen something referred to as 'sickening' or 'heartbreaking' I laugh because I'm a horrible human being. Why did Stimpire lore have to be so cartoonish?!

moveable shape
Oct 18, 2015

Io_ posted:

No, please, do it like that. Particularly if you work for CIG or a company related to CIG!

Starbucks' coffee isn't great but I still end up drinking it over better coffee because it tends not to be too acidic.

That is due to the roast level Starbucks uses, which is really loving dark. This is a brilliant business model because it lets them achieve a consistent flavor with cheap rear end beans, and it's designed to be mixed with sickening amounts of sugar and fat because people like drinking candy.

My point is look for medium to dark roasts when out at coffee shops that aren't Starbucks because they'll be less acidic usually

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

STIMSIS posted:

What could that mean? The sexism exhibited by Vox Day? Remember, Vox Day is the guy that wanted to prevent women from winning science fiction writing awards! But it's not about that. I see Derek has returned to his own thread, but has he updated the OP? Too busy retwitting Tracer cosplay on his twitter to update the OP it seems

You said there wasn't a fuss about Derek being on Vox Day's thing, but you keep quoting me making a fuss about it.

Please stop, it's embarrassing to all parties involved.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

BMan posted:

:lol::lol:

quote:

And I forgot to support your bitch! Also, I love the CIC's newsgroup? #2481

edit:

quote:

Yeah, Wing Commander is a bad joke when I do with the machine ever. With public pity in a party. #2263

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Scruffpuff posted:

- Stimperial
- Archerized
- The worst kind of
- Commando
- Triples every second

Ive used commando once... When i was near my coworker whos into SC for thousands now. His kmart paychecks are his "SC funds" becuase he has disability to live on for everything else.

The worst kind of, and triples every second... I use those. People find em funny even out of context as long as you do it right.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Google Butt posted:

Believable imo

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

BMan posted:

quote:

Well, I'm gonna ever eat it, we'd need a few searching contest. #4391

quote:

That's why I didn't know your sad adventure when he was the made the name of the three Messages II and his internet to the same sex with a copy of the building. And there are a format of Pilgrim Stars and got it and a sex video who can't have the kids are a lot at a man. #14832

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

STIMSIS posted:

Here's a pic of Vox Day sitting in his king chair tho. CIG Furniture looks real nice in comparison to that king chair

Ha! That loving racist, he WOULD play ASL.

Wait, poo poo!

Olesh
Aug 4, 2008

Why did the circus close?

A long, chilling list of animal rights violations.

D_Smart posted:

You can't be serious.

Did I misunderstand your intent in posting this?

D_Smart posted:

What most people still try to ignore, is that Vox Day goes way back in the industry with Chris and a bunch of us from back in the day.

This, of course, in response someone posting "Tell me more about the racist's show".

Let's look at this again.

His own Wikipedia page lists him as designer/producer on less than half a dozen released games, none of which I've ever heard of nor, apparently, were particularly notable or successful. His industry presence doesn't qualify as meaningful in any sense that I can discover. Claiming that people try to ignore it seems disingenuous at best, as there's no real reason (or demonstrable proof that I've found so far) that Vox Day ever made a noticeable contribution to the industry. Why would people ignore something that never crossed their path to begin with?

It seems kind of mind boggling that you would consider him at all relevant from the standpoint of the games industry back in the day. It's like getting commentary from a guy who did art for Super 3D Noah's Ark and never worked on any other games, except without the benefit of people actually having heard about the game he worked on.

Jumping onto the show because he has a moderately-sized, rather insular audience and/or is known for being inflammatory is one thing and has some understandable logic to it, but doing it based on his previous industry chops is head-scratchingly confusing. What am I missing here?

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Google Butt posted:

Cute, Sandi. I knew I recognized your voice from somewhere -- it was Planetside 2 last year! How long have you been a goon? Since you were a very small girl?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Stanko-Prussian posted:

https://twitter.com/discolando/status/721573133598138369

Sandi's had to resort to special measures for Ben's pubes

I didn't know they made bear claws that big. What kind of salad do you think he's eating with that?

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Scruffpuff posted:

- Stimperial
- Archerized
- The worst kind of
- Commando
- Triples every second

I have started greeting my dog with a "Hello commando". He doesn't get the joke but I like to think he would be as friendly towards commandos stuck in geometry as :pgabz:.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Olesh posted:

What am I missing here?

Chris Roberts working with him for a Wing Commander reboot with EA immediately before Star Citizen went ahead when EA backed out of the deal, maybe?

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

Jon Do posted:

Cute, Sandi. I knew I recognized your voice from somewhere -- it was Planetside 2 last year! How long have you been a goon? Since you were a very small girl?

on the lesnick youth scale, yes, sandi would have been 33

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Vox Day happened five months ago. He's barely been mentioned since then and has had absolutely nothing to do with anything the thread is concerned about

You're not going to convince Derek it was stupid to get on his show, and nobody else in the thread cares. Take it to pm?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Jon Do posted:

i've been a goon since I earned 2 master's in under barrel grenade launching chokepoints from a tree

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Don't forget to support the GBS thread with dumb Ben stuff.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3772600&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

For clarification, my last post was referencing the misspelling of polite as police, and not in any way calling someone a shill.

This thread has become such a minefield lately... :ohdear:

Olesh
Aug 4, 2008

Why did the circus close?

A long, chilling list of animal rights violations.

AP posted:

Chris Roberts working with him for a Wing Commander reboot with EA immediately before Star Citizen went ahead when EA backed out of the deal, maybe?

Huh, my bad, Derek. I admit that I was wrong - apparently he is relevant to the conversation.
In my defense, I honestly don't remember this being brought up anywhere in the thread and it's entirely possible that I simply missed it with the crushing rate that this thread moves.

Quoted below:

Vox Day posted:

(in response to "Star Citizen is the wave of the future. Chris Roberts is rolling in dough - they break new stretch goals almost as soon as they announce them. Over $23 mil so far and no production company in sight.")

I very much hope so. I've been talking to Chris about a possible AI design for an aspect of it since it was still Wing Commander Reboot. I really need to get around to writing that up for him. But I'm a little concerned that there are more chiefs than Indians involved. Chris is one of the great industry designers and I have the utmost respect for him, but I'm a little concerned of the possibility of an Ion Storm situation where there is too much money coming in too quickly.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

So Derek, I wrote a song for you. All in good fun of course. drat I giggled a lot.

* Lyrics
* Fun fact: The original Soft Cell vocals were recorded in the run-through. One-take wonder. I wish I had his range.
* Many MANY PARPS to count!
* I love the chipmunk. Do you love the chipmunk?
* All synthy noises from my new synth and hand-played (you can tell).

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

i thought this thread was in GBS

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.
STIMSIS, can you do a good impression of a wholesome family of German auditors? That would be a real blast from the past.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Eonwe posted:

id only sell out for money

His about fake spaceship JPEGs? I know a fat dude (won't mention his name because it's my contact) who can pay you in anything but an Idris-M. He's a loving creep but his merch is legit.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I have nothing else to add to this thread, but it was time to :justpost:

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

I guess denizens of the 'city of churches' are predisposed towards cult membership :smuggo:

But nah seriously it's weird how many Ausgoons post in the SC thread.

walking upside down all the time makes it easier for you to adjust to the disorientation of zero G

iron buns
Jan 12, 2016

Spergs vaping on stream: https://www.twitch.tv/supremetokyo

It's boring

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.
Eastern European hit team are now LIVE.
Name's have been given out , this ends in two weeks .....
If a Russian sounding gentleman comes knocking with a pudding bowl haircut, leather jacket, addidas tracksuit and a large gold orthodox cross .....Just hide

He may also be sporting some bunny ears

You were warned

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

hottubrhymemachine posted:

Toops did you make any more videos after part 2? In all the ben=bad chat I couldnt keep up.

Also this ben stuff is going nowhere is my derek-level prediction

I'm gonna do part 3 next week. It's gonna show how I add the Flight Model to a space shep 3d model. I'm working on the Flight Model factory right now, it's pretty exciting times in geek town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iron buns
Jan 12, 2016

EightAce posted:

Eastern European hit team are now LIVE.
Name's have been given out , this ends in two weeks .....
If a Russian sounding gentleman comes knocking with a pudding bowl haircut, leather jacket, addidas tracksuit and a large gold orthodox cross .....Just hide

He may also be sporting some bunny ears

You were warned

:ohdear:

• Locked thread