Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all

a Loving Dog posted:

some dude just had a flame greatsword that took off like a 1/4 of my health per hit at least. anyone know what it was?

Probably profane d great sword from pontiff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

theres also a boss fire u.greatsword from near the end of the game. ive been using it in pvp and it rules

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

net cafe scandal posted:

Near the basilisks.

cool now tell me where londor pale shade summon sign is near perimeter keep

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

a Loving Dog posted:

some dude just had a flame greatsword that took off like a 1/4 of my health per hit at least. anyone know what it was?

maybe the coiled greatsword

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

I.N.R.I posted:

maybe the coiled greatsword

i dont think so it was thick and reminded me of fume knight sword (it wasnt fume ultra greatsword)

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

a Loving Dog posted:

i dont think so it was thick and reminded me of fume knight sword (it wasnt fume ultra greatsword)

it was most likely the lothric sword then

i love that there is a pickaxe in the game w/ the great hammer moveset lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the weapon art with the executioner greatsword does this zelda sword spin that deals bonkers damage and it really nails ppl in pvp

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Bobnumerotres posted:

i kind of feel like the spells in general deal really underwhelming amounts of damage. like a great lightning spear with a +10 S scaling talisman and 40 faith will deal like 200 damage to another player on a direct hit..cmon man

I've heard that the lightning spear spells now have this weird range damage dropoff thing going on where they deal more damage the closer you are, and are actually crazy strong at point-blank. Dunno if that's true I went p.much pure Dex my first time through.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Infinity Gaia posted:

I've heard that the lightning spear spells now have this weird range damage dropoff thing going on where they deal more damage the closer you are, and are actually crazy strong at point-blank. Dunno if that's true I went p.much pure Dex my first time through.

ive seen it do this bolt explosion when i aim it at the ground near me that's really cool, but even at point blank it doesnt do much more than 200. for all the investment i have in faith and g. lightning spear being one of the strongest miracles it should at least be like 400-500 territory lol esp. when it consumes like half my FP

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Is the weapon you get from combining two late game weapons from the same boss soul the only NG+ exclusive item besides rings ?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

30 blades of wolf grass in one afternoon :grin:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

it absolutely will not summon me ever lol

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

a Loving Dog posted:

lol its pisses me off how many ratings those ones get

I saw an incredible one that was just like "hidden path" leading off a cliff that had like 500 and lots of stains

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

whats your level/weapon at? i could nevr get hits

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

frank.club posted:

I saw an incredible one that was just like "hidden path" leading off a cliff that had like 500 and lots of stains

theres a really really good one in cathedral of the deep like this that i fell for

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

In Training posted:

whats your level/weapon at? i could nevr get hits

Lv30, highest weapon level is +2, cross-region on. I was getting a summon per minute at the very least.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i thought itd be cake to get watchdogs to work in NG+ but it only summoned me one time in several hours lol. hope the patch hits tonight..

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i also got my rear end kicked in that one summon by a dude with both of pontiff's swords

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

In Training posted:

theres a really really good one in cathedral of the deep like this that i fell for

I got tricked into stepping off into one of the bridge gates and had to homeward bone out :whitewater:

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
The giant statue in the deacons fight is insanely awesome. A towering cube with statues of deacons peering over the edge of the abyss

Vulich the Subtle
Nov 25, 2012

Paul is unimpressed by the glories of the Host.
i don't know if it's a thing people do or one dedicated fellow (or chobes) but after not encountering him since Pthumeru Ihyll my favorite player character, Joker, has returned in boreal valley. gleaming rictus and all

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

i put "bonfire ahead" in that passage in the swamp where its like a narrow path around a building that leads to an empty dead end with a fire in it >:)

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The Nameless King is pushing my poo poo in so much it's unreal.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I.N.R.I posted:

i put "bonfire ahead" in that passage in the swamp where its like a narrow path around a building that leads to an empty dead end with a fire in it >:)

lol I saw yours or someone else's and a note at the dead end that said "You bastard..."

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
so I went from irythll to the dungeon to the profaned Capitol. I couldn't figure out how to get to the boss fog in irythll any tips? Also the miracle vendor is gone

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

goferchan posted:

lol I saw yours or someone else's and a note at the dead end that said "You bastard..."

haha

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

I.N.R.I posted:

:same:

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
I sprained my thumb doing housework and now I can't use the dpad or the left analog stick. Gonna go kill myself.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I hope you learned your lesson, only play dark souls

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

frank.club posted:

so I went from irythll to the dungeon to the profaned Capitol. I couldn't figure out how to get to the boss fog in irythll any tips? Also the miracle vendor is gone

did you learn hexes from her? I'm not that far yet but mine is starting to lose her poo poo a little bit, I was worried that might make her disappear later yikes

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Omg seigwards quest is loving expensive

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

goferchan posted:

did you learn hexes from her? I'm not that far yet but mine is starting to lose her poo poo a little bit, I was worried that might make her disappear later yikes

Lmfao Guess what you hosed up and now you can't loving use her as a vendor
Wait, you can still just not everything. I can't even give her a tome

frank.club fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Apr 17, 2016

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

I.N.R.I posted:

unless some1 put the same thing in the same place i saw that and rated it 'Good'

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Me too.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmao i just saw wolnir's second phase for the first time. oh my god. thought that fight was kind of meh but that sold it to me, wish it werent so easy to miss

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Nameless King is loving DESTROYING me. I just can't take this.

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all

Infinity Gaia posted:

Nameless King is loving DESTROYING me. I just can't take this.

He's got the dodge timing that's really like fume knight, once u learn not to dodge with the delay he has with some of his swings he gets a lot easier.

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all

Bobnumerotres posted:

lmao i just saw wolnir's second phase for the first time. oh my god. thought that fight was kind of meh but that sold it to me, wish it werent so easy to miss

He's cool. I'm glad his a lil easy though because the camera has a real hard time showing what he is doing up close

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

its a p. long fight though, where your dodges need to be perfect over and over and he throws out a lot of feints and special moves. that said hes my second fave boss in the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Proud Rat Mom posted:

He's cool. I'm glad his a lil easy though because the camera has a real hard time showing what he is doing up close

there are a few areas in the game where the camera zooms out a lot to show you a landscape or something and it wouldve been cool if they did that

• Locked thread