Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Treize is the best Treize.

Dargol is second-best Treize, and actually came first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Kanjelman from VOTOMs is my favorite Trieze.

Panzeh posted:

So, there is a way to kill these things. This is one of three instances of mobile dolls being destroyed grunts in grunt suits. Two of them are suicide bombing and one is a laser gun that shows up in one episode and never again.

You mean the laser that Noin shoots at some Virgo's from a plane? I'm not sure I'd call her a grunt.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

tsob posted:

Kanjelman from VOTOMs is my favorite Trieze.

You mean the laser that Noin shoots at some Virgo's from a plane? I'm not sure I'd call her a grunt.

I forgot about that. My bad.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

tsob posted:

She does consistently pilot OZ grunt suits for the entire show and manages to not die doing it.

Actually, that probably makes her the most impressive pilot in Wing.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Heero probably spends more time piloting non-Gundams than actual Gundams. Dude's constantly in a Leo, even in the movie.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Tae posted:

Heero probably spends more time piloting non-Gundams than actual Gundams. Dude's constantly in a Leo, even in the movie.

It's been noted before but it is odd how quickly the Wing Gundam is destroyed considering the show is named after it.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

if you meet the gundam on the road self-detonate him

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Wing does have the best grunt suit designs. Those Leos are fine but their air combat suits that look like fighter pilots are rad as hell

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
G Gundam getting BDs later this year.

https://www.bandaivisual.co.jp/cont/news/453

closeted republican fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Apr 19, 2016

StalkofWheat
Oct 10, 2012
Here's Flying In The Sky IN HD!
https://youtu.be/jx4DLgXDvxg

It's so beautiful :allears: I can't wait!

HGFC Revive when?

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Arcsquad12 posted:

Wing does have the best grunt suit designs. Those Leos are fine but their air combat suits that look like fighter pilots are rad as hell

The best part are the flight goggles.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Mid to late 19th century uniforms with World War aviation accessories? where do I sign up!

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
I think the thing I remember most vividly from Gundam Wing was the whole Assassinate Tsubarov scene where they introduce the mobile dolls.

"I AM ASSASSINATING YOU ON ORDERS FROM COLONEL TREIZE!"

Dunno why that cheesy line stuck out for me above all else.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I love the fact that Treize is so popular they use his forename instead of his surname when they bring him up. The dude really is the Napoleon of the Gundam universe.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
That's more a Japanese thing than a deliberate choice of aesthetic

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

muike posted:

That's more a Japanese thing than a deliberate choice of aesthetic

It's one of those things that is a odd coincidence that just works yeah. Plus, due to his name it does sound hilarious goofy too. And the faction part. They don't even have a name, It's literally just Treize's Gang.

Mobile Dolls also makes me smirk because of how awkward it is to say when things are getting dramatic.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

SeanBeansShako posted:

Mobile Dolls also makes me smirk because of how awkward it is to say when things are getting dramatic.

Huh. Ive never ever been bothered by that even a little.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The mobile dolls are about the most legit thing in Gundam wing. They're disturbing to think about because it is quite literally commenting on Gundam's toy franchise and how hosed up it is to pit empty suits against living people. And then treize waltzes in and blows them up because automated combat isn't honorable enough

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

The concept is fantastic, but to me Mobile Doll always sounds like some sort of eighties new wave band rather than an automated mobile suit and killing machine.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

i don't see how mobile doll is any sillier than mobile suit.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Droyer posted:

Well I do. I find it weird that some people don't see how awkward mobile doll sounds. But this is the internet and I guess we're all slightly different when it comes to thinking about things.

We all can agree Mondo still sucks.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Droyer posted:

THEY'RE CALLED MOBILE SUITS NOT DOLLS MOM, GOSH

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I find mobile doll easier to associate with an automated weapon, than mobile suit as a big robot you pilot.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Srice posted:

I find mobile doll easier to associate with an automated weapon, than mobile suit as a big robot you pilot.

yeah. A suit has a person inside it, a doll is something you play with.

Mobile Doll fits perfectly, because they turn war into a game

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
What about the White Doll?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

tsob posted:

That's from Turn A Gundam, different show

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

tsob posted:

Don't you mean the Trojan rocking horse?

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Obviously, but it's an amalgam of both phrases and I wanted to know what people thought about it regardless of it's origin.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

tsob posted:

Obviously, but it's an amalgam of both phrases and I wanted to know what people thought about it regardless of it's origin.

I think the idea is to illustrate how the Earth people see it. They don't immediately see the Turn A as a tool for doing a thing, or a weapon. It's a big humanoid thing, and their word for artificial humanoid artifacts is "doll". Plus, the first Moon Mobile Suits they see are all weird looking, the Turn A being humanoid makes it seem less harmful. They got this thing that can destroy the world, but they don't see it like that, to them it's a really big doll.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

boom boom boom posted:

yeah. A suit has a person inside it, a doll is something you play with.

Mobile Doll fits perfectly, because they turn war into a game

Just an aside, but the Skells in Xenoblade X are called Dolls in the Japanese version.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
Was Gundam Build Fighters well received?

I just started watching it and I really like it. It makes me very self conscious about how big of a nerd I am.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Revitalized posted:

I just started watching it and I really like it. It makes me very self conscious about how big of a nerd I am.

It's very good. don't watch the sequel.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Revitalized posted:

It is a very good and fun show.

Please let us know your feelings after watching the episode 6 fight. You'll know it when you see it.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Revitalized posted:

Nth'ing that Build Fighters is fantastic and you're in for fun trip :allears:. Also to save you time in the near future, HLJ.com has most, if not all, of the Build Fighters HG kits in-stock :v:.

Droyer posted:

It's very good. don't watch the sequel.

Also this. Very much this. Don't watch Build Fighters Try.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Build Fighters Try is not a horrible show. It's not even on the lowest end of what the Gundam franchise has produced. It's got a few really fun characters, a few fun robots, and some really cool moments. It's just a titanic step down from Build Fighters, so the residual disappointment of that has basically made people hate it with a burning passion. I'd still recommend BFT to people over stuff like Destiny or AGE or IGLOO in a heartbeat.

If you find yourself with some free time and want more Build Fighters, BFT will kind of satisfy that urge but not really, like diet ice cream when you really want a fudge sundae or something.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Kanos posted:

Build Fighters Try is not a horrible show. It's not even on the lowest end of what the Gundam franchise has produced. It's got a few really fun characters, a few fun robots, and some really cool moments. It's just a titanic step down from Build Fighters, so the residual disappointment of that has basically made people hate it with a burning passion. I'd still recommend BFT to people over stuff like Destiny or AGE or IGLOO in a heartbeat.

If you find yourself with some free time and want more Build Fighters, BFT will kind of satisfy that urge but not really, like diet ice cream when you really want a fudge sundae or something.

There's about two or three decent characters, and all of maybe four or five decent fights in the entire run of the series. And most of those are at the tail end, so you're sitting through about ten hours of JIIIGEN HAOH RIYU to get near them.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

BFT is very dull which to me makes it the worst.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

A lazily, uncaring execution of sports tropes with a pretty boring cast, is all it takes for me to consider it the worst entry I've watched.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Tryon 3 is pretty amazing at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Instead of watching BFT afterwards, watch some cool sports anime instead like Ippo, Ping Pong, or Chihayafuru.