Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
I'm really dropping the ball with my math skills today, for whatever reason, so I'm not entirely confident I did this right (but I think it's close). Anyway, assuming you pick up aced Body Expertise, the enemies who have the most effective body health (excluding Dozers) are Tans, Cloakers, and Tasers. Assuming the perk deck headshot bonus doesn't also get factored in to BE in some capacity, the aforementioned enemies have effective health values of 150, 370, and 280, respectively. That's for Overkill. For DW, the values are 284, 669, and 533. Again, that's assuming I did my math right (and I'm becoming increasingly paranoid about that: seriously, someone double-check me).

Assuming, then, that you want to one-shot basically everything you can with body shots, on Overkill, you need to hit for at least 370 damage per shot, and 669 on DW. If you were to ace Frenzy and Berserker, you can obtain a minimum 1.4 multiplier to your damage. So you'd need to hit for 265/478 damage. And as it turns out, even with silencer skills, the DMRs fall just shy of the lower value (DMR'd AMR hits 221, so 309 after Berserker). Still, being able to one-shot everything except Cloakers on Overkill, and all normal cops on DW (with body shots), is nothing to sneeze at.

This also doesn't factor in crits, either. A crit would probably push you up to one-shotting everything, but it won't happen consistently so...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em
I'm getting similar numbers without spotter/underdog, those might be enough to push it over 370 I guess?

Also if crit chances are additive, Low Blow + Unseen Strike can you 65% crit chance with some 80%+ uptime. I wonder if you can lose health during Swan Song for peak bullethose.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Hmm, not too keen on this build, but I think it has potential

Dominator stuff, armor, mobility-ish, and all opressor skills except for Fire Control.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

grancheater posted:

I'm getting similar numbers without spotter/underdog, those might be enough to push it over 370 I guess?

Also if crit chances are additive, Low Blow + Unseen Strike can you 65% crit chance with some 80%+ uptime. I wonder if you can lose health during Swan Song for peak bullethose.

I think you're right. You can ace everything I mentioned, then pick up basic Underdog and Spotter. With those bonuses factored in for specials, the DAMR can hit for 390. That would do for Overkill, and you'd have 18 points left for whatever.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg
Here's a fartgun LMG/SMG medic build. It's made to go loud and mow down enemies, hence the knockdown chance - that's mainly for shields. I didn't ace it, because 25% should be enough with the high fire rate of any LMG.

http://payday.drakendomain.net/?1=a&3=a&5=a&6=a&10=b&12=a&18=b&24=b&29=a&30=a&49=a&51=a&52=b&53=a&54=a&64=a&66=a&69=a&71=a&72=a

Critique is welcome. I don't think I missed anything important other than Dominator.

SymmetryrtemmyS fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Apr 17, 2016

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

The gently caress is all this minmaxing talk and theorycrafting about the new builds? Like, if you're not blaring Iggy Pop and shooting cops by clicking on em, I dunno what to tell you.

TheObserver
Nov 7, 2012

chairface posted:

The gently caress is all this minmaxing talk and theorycrafting about the new builds? Like, if you're not blaring Iggy Pop and shooting cops by clicking on em, I dunno what to tell you.

Son, all I know is that if you can't schedule a simple two hours a day for Overdrill, then you can turn around and get right the gently caress out.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

Here's a fartgun LMG/SMG medic build. It's made to go loud and mow down enemies, hence the knockdown chance - that's mainly for shields. I didn't ace it, because 25% should be enough with the high fire rate of any LMG.

http://payday.drakendomain.net/?1=a&3=a&5=a&6=a&10=b&12=a&18=b&24=b&29=a&30=a&49=a&51=a&52=b&53=a&54=a&64=a&66=a&69=a&71=a&72=a

Critique is welcome. I don't think I missed anything important other than Dominator.

IMO, drop Stable Shot and Fire Control. The bonuses you get from the silencer skills should be more than sufficient, and if they're not, you can always deploy your bipod. You could pick up the 50% knockdown then, if you wanted.

I'd also drop Underdog unless you need it to hit a breakpoint. If you did everything I said thus far, you'd have four extra points. You could sink those into Dire Need or something else that looks fun to you. Unseen Strike, Shock and Awe, whatever.

Totally unrelated, but I bet these new trees lead to an even further reduction in people with drill skills. It's only 10 points to get the speed boosts, but points are definitely tighter in this setup.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
One thing I noticed is that if you pick three T4 skills with minimal investment, you have enough points left over for Swan Song.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

I'm not sure I've got these right.

A Grinder: http://payday.drakendomain.net/?1=a&3=a&5=a&6=a&24=a&30=a&32=a&34=a&36=a&61=b&62=b&63=b&64=a&65=b&66=a&80=a&83=a&84=a&88=a&90=a
A Masterforcer: http://payday.drakendomain.net/?1=a&3=a&5=a&6=a&24=a&25=a&26=a&28=a&29=b&30=a&32=b&35=a&36=a&49=a&51=a&53=a&54=a&66=b

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

chairface posted:

You do not silence the cop clicking majesty of Simon Viklund. :colbert:

hellfaucet
Apr 7, 2009

Hit 100 and became infamous and I finally maxed out the Maniac deck, and am about to complete Crew Chief, what's next? With the re-balancing coming, what's the safest choice?

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
Muscle is a good safe bet if you're not sure where to go skill-wise.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

This is my personal prediction for boiler-plate boring Masterforcer.

And a stupid Grinder dodge gimmick.

And this gimmick I call Grenadier. Saw so you can do the gimmick of both sawing and exploding everything on the map.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

hellfaucet posted:

Hit 100 and became infamous and I finally maxed out the Maniac deck, and am about to complete Crew Chief, what's next? With the re-balancing coming, what's the safest choice?

Grinder. Muscle if you don't have the DLC.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
http://i.imgur.com/IVLrKcz.gifv

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

He says it was an accident...

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
well poo poo, Sykic has some competition in "technically friendly fire" RPG usage

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Eric Etebari is starring in a new movie. (sorry, I doubt there will be nudity)

edit:

https://twitter.com/EricEtebari/status/720726920686477312https://twitter.com/EricEtebari/status/720726920686477312

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Apr 17, 2016

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

But which one is Cheech?

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Wait, did they change how Taser reloads work? Your loaded ammo count never changed and you fired two shots, so two reloads. :staredog:

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

isndl posted:

Wait, did they change how Taser reloads work? Your loaded ammo count never changed and you fired two shots, so two reloads. :staredog:

he got tased twice during that gif, probably because Samarix broke the taser LOS. Also shooting blanks was revived by samarix about 0.2 seconds before cheeto fired another rocket directly at him

blame sam

Discendo Vox posted:

hail satan

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Discendo Vox posted:

no sale without nudity

SAMARIX
Jul 8, 2013

Fellis posted:

he got tased twice during that gif, probably because Samarix broke the taser LOS. Also shooting blanks was revived by samarix about 0.2 seconds before cheeto fired another rocket directly at him

blame sam
:laugh:

I got hit by a flashbang right as I got Blanks up. It lasted just enough that one second blanks was there, next he was gone!
I was so confused what happened.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

So we're hired by the Dentist to protect his son?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

something's cooking?

oh dear god, more meth labs

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

BillmasterCozb posted:

something's cooking?

Eric specifically said it wasn't meth, and that he couldn't give any details.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

BillmasterCozb posted:

something's cooking?

baking a cake to celebrate safehouse customization, the feature nobody wants!

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Psion posted:

baking a cake to celebrate safehouse customization, the feature nobody wants!

tell that to the broke brains on steamcommunity

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE
Maybe it's the Vlad's Bakery Heist that we've always wanted?

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Baking a cake with a file in it, it's another jailbreak, this time to an actual jail.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
I feel like safehouse customization is a feature that would be cool but I also don't care if it never makes it into the game.

If we're talking dream implementation though, they would scrap the lovely laundromat basement and announce the customization stuff with a new heist that has to be played to unlock it, wherein the old hideout gets raided by the feds and you have to run and gun your way out with a vague approximation of the ridiculous amount of money that is is in everyone's vault.

But I mean, even with that, it'd still be pointless to customize my safehouse unless they add a way to have other players come run around in it.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Two words, my friends: Safehouse Safes.

Want new wallpaper? get a Wallpaper safe, get a Wallpaper drill, hope it's the one you wanted, and hope it's not the moldy, stripped-away "Broken-In" version.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Geight posted:

But I mean, even with that, it'd still be pointless to customize my safehouse unless they add a way to have other players come run around in it.

Maybe a Safehouse Defense heist of some sort, where the host gets to show off their pad?

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Geight posted:

Replace the lobby with the safehouse, where you all chill out there between heists and there's stuff to do like a shooting range to test weapons and slot machines to gamble away all your money. Not that that'll ever happen.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Discendo Vox posted:

Want new wallpaper? get a Wallpaper safe, get a Wallpaper drill, hope it's the one you wanted, and hope it's not the moldy, stripped-away "Broken-In" version.

Hey now, i'd love a good ol "rotted wood (battle-worn)" wallpaper

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Discendo Vox posted:

more like hope it is the moldly nasty safehouse

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Wintermutant posted:

Maybe a Safehouse Defense heist of some sort, where the host gets to show off their pad?

Insert name here posted:

Replace the lobby with the safehouse, where you all chill out there between heists and there's stuff to do like a shooting range to test weapons and slot machines to gamble away all your money. Not that that'll ever happen.

These are both good and cool ideas that would make Safehouse Customization mean anything at all besides one more thing to make go up by throwing some of the money that is gathering cobwebs in my vault at.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

RandallODim posted:

These are both good and cool ideas that would make Safehouse Customization mean anything at all besides one more thing to make go up by throwing some of the money that is gathering cobwebs in my vault at.

Shared gameworld spaces for people to idle in are actually really fun - I can safely say I had more fun jumping on the chandelier in the inn of Vermintide than playing the actual game. It'd be even better with some customization aspects thrown in .

Also a safehouse defense heist would be cool too, although I suppose it would beg the question as to how the gang would be able to stay at that safehouse afterwards... Maybe not the biggest suspension of disbelief for the Payday universe, though. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

The safehouse was originally going to be the lobby system. I don't remember the details of why it was removed, but I think it was netcode-related. Having to load everyone's inventories into the space so that they could show you their masks/guns in an ingame environment, but still keeping short loading times between heists, was the obstacle, iirc.