Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Rhyno posted:

They can just scotch tape her eyelids. Close enough.

You've got to do something with her front teeth too, though. Maybe glue some chiclets on there to make them look like buck teeth?

That attempt at CGI could be interesting in the future though. Pay a big name actor a licensing fee, hire an unknown to do the role and see if they catch on, and tell the public that it's totally A List actor playing the part using the CGI program that totally exists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Gyges posted:

You've got to do something with her front teeth too, though. Maybe glue some chiclets on there to make them look like buck teeth?

That attempt at CGI could be interesting in the future though. Pay a big name actor a licensing fee, hire an unknown to do the role and see if they catch on, and tell the public that it's totally A List actor playing the part using the CGI program that totally exists.

Couldn't they just do a Cloud Atlas?

Detective Dog Dick
Oct 21, 2008

Detective Dog Dick

TheFallenEvincar posted:

drat, I'd rather hire the people behind that racist rear end James Bond movie where James Bond gets "turned into a Japanese guy".

Which Star Trek episode is this from

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Davros1 posted:

Couldn't they just do a Cloud Atlas?

You're still paying full price for the A List actor then. Using fake CGI to bluff a scale actor/actress into the lead while paying an A List actor perhaps voice over money is going to save millions. Then if your scale actor resonates with the public you can just pay them until they get too big and then start over with them playing the part of the original A list actor.

You just have to do it for a few successful movies and then you can leak the truth to the public and then never have to worry about paying A List actors A List money ever again.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

So uh who is excited for Civil War?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Inzombiac posted:

They should recast Michelle Yeoh as Black Widow and then use cgi to make her look caucasian.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Make Ant Man be played by The Big Show and CG him to look like Paul Rudd.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
HHH should play someone on the Agents of Shield civil war crossover.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Inzombiac posted:

I am! It's gonna be good!

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

greatn posted:

HHH should play someone on the Agents of Shield civil war crossover.
Triple H is too good for Agents of Shield. It's gotta be a Thor movie at least
Or put him in Spider-Man as Uncle Ben (I don't know who they've already picked but you can just change that poo poo in post)

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Rhyno posted:

They should recast Michelle Yeoh as Black Widow and then use cgi to make her look caucasian.

Can we use CGI to trick Perlmutter into thinking that a line of Black Widow toys are actually just Howeard The Duck toys?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

TheFallenEvincar posted:

Triple H is too good for Agents of Shield. It's gotta be a Thor movie at least
Or put him in Spider-Man as Uncle Ben (I don't know who they've already picked but you can just change that poo poo in post)

HHH for Throg.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
They've already hosed up the cosmic balance by casting a smoking hot Aunt May so why not

#notmymay
#aintmay

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
#MarissaToMAY

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Who is hotter, Peter's Aunt or Superman's mom?

Also we don't need Michelle Yeoh when Ming-na Wen is already part of the MCU. She even fought Mark Dacascos in the most recent AoS episode.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The MSJ posted:

This is a serious question.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
aunt may, to me, will always be the weird skeleton lady

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

The MSJ posted:

Why you gotta make me choose?

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

TheFallenEvincar posted:

They've already hosed up the cosmic balance by casting a smoking hot Aunt May so why not

#notmymay
#aintmay

attractive 50-something Aunt May has already been a thing for a decade and a half in Ultimate Spider-Man

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

LGD posted:

attractive 50-something Aunt May has already been a thing for a decade and a half in Ultimate Spider-Man
Sorry but the only valid Aunt May I recognize is the aforementioned lich king up there
#dumamay

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

The MSJ posted:

Also we don't need Michelle Yeoh when Ming-na Wen is already part of the MCU. She even fought Mark Dacascos in the most recent AoS episode.

What was the secret ingredient?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Thinking about Lich Queen Aunt May made me just realize that her Skeletor incarnation never actually made sense. She is Peter's mother's sister. In the Raimi Spidermans, Peter is like early 20s. Thus I would expect his parents to be in their early-mid 50s. Yet Aunt May is like 70.

Would have made much more sense if she was Grammy May.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, they were always written as more parental figures, like grand parents

They just went the Disney route and made them his Aunt and Uncle. Because. I legit don't know why, but yeah, Aunt May has always been just the oldest human being alive

Throwdown
Sep 4, 2003

Here you go, dummies.

TheFallenEvincar posted:

#notmymay
#aintmay

We are living in a world where people will be jerking it to nude scenes of the person who played Aunt May...

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Throwdown posted:

We are living in a world where people will be jerking it to nude scenes of the person who played Aunt May...

People also jerked off to nude scenes of people who are skeletons now, to be fair.

Gyges posted:

What was the secret ingredient?

Pain.
http://i.imgur.com/WFBiNaI.mp4

And maybe calamari.
http://i.imgur.com/yXdWUuB.mp4

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Throwdown posted:

Not that this is a route we should explore too deeply, but Sally Field has been naked on camera before, according to the Google search I did just now.

Throwdown
Sep 4, 2003

Here you go, dummies.

Yoshifan823 posted:

Not that this is a route we should explore too deeply, but Sally Field has been naked on camera before, according to the Google search I did just now.

Marisa Tomei is still really spankable and with that I am done with this derail before it leads to places that this thread doesn't need to go.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

Mordiceius posted:

Thinking about Lich Queen Aunt May made me just realize that her Skeletor incarnation never actually made sense. She is Peter's mother's sister. In the Raimi Spidermans, Peter is like early 20s. Thus I would expect his parents to be in their early-mid 50s. Yet Aunt May is like 70.

I have a cousin who's nearly the same age as my uncles. Families have kids early/late. It happens.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Mordiceius posted:

I'm twenty years older than my youngest sibling. My older brother is twenty-three years older than my youngest sibling.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Burkion posted:

Yeah, they were always written as more parental figures, like grand parents

They just went the Disney route and made them his Aunt and Uncle. Because. I legit don't know why, but yeah, Aunt May has always been just the oldest human being alive

It's to show distance. Grandparents are supposed to be the cool people you go to when your parents are busy, and typically you get to eat all the candy there that you wont get at home. Pete living with his grandparents would send a totally different signal than him living with his aunt and uncle.

All that is lost when Aunt May looks and acts like a grandma anyway, but that's my guess for why she wasn't his grandma to begin with.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Mordiceius posted:

Aunt May isn't a blood relative of Peter Parker. Uncle Ben was Peter's, father's brother. May was May Reilly until she married Ben.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Of course, according to Trouble...

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

The MSJ posted:

Of course, according to Trouble...

I'll take "things ever agreed never loving happened" for 200 Alec.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Skwirl posted:

Aunt May isn't a blood relative of Peter Parker. Uncle Ben was Peter's, father's brother. May was May Reilly until she married Ben.
Yeah maybe Ben was just into cougars, you loving kinkshamers.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

TetsuoTW posted:

Yeah maybe Ben was just into cougars, you loving kinkshamers.

It's also possible Aunt May was into some serious drugs before Ben and her adopted Peter, I've met plenty of people who are clean and sober now, but those years chasing the dragon took it's toll, people who look older than my parents but are actually younger than me.

The Great Burrito
Jan 21, 2008

Is that freedom rock? Well turn it up!

Skwirl posted:

... I've been reading Spider-Man comics for over 20 years and have most of the entire Scarlet Spider saga, and I never made the Ben Reilly name connection before

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

The Great Burrito posted:

... I've been reading Spider-Man comics for over 20 years and have most of the entire Scarlet Spider saga, and I never made the Ben Reilly name connection before

He literally says that's why he goes by that name. In fact, that might be the first time May's maiden name was actually ever revealed.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
This thread made me google "The Big Show," because I was convinced he was dead. Now I know that he is actually alive and only 44.

Weird.

Mazzagatti2Hotty
Jan 23, 2012

JON JONES APOLOGIST #3

Inzombiac posted:

I'm pretty hyped for it! I think the fact that Marvel released the review embargo so early shows how confident they are, and the reviews I've read have made it sound really solid.

Now I'm just trying to avoid clips and trailers for three weeks so I don't feel like I've seen the entire film before I get to the theater.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Does anyone remember what the early reviews for Iron Man 2 were like?

• Locked thread