Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Are the servers taking a poo poo right now? I haven't been able to get a good connection since around an hour ago.

Also I'd like to point out that I kept playing as a sunbro after the patch hit without patching. It booted me from my game, but I just logged back in from the main menu and kept playing without a restart :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

Tamayachi posted:

Apparently a list of armors that aren't available yet, perhaps in the DLC

https://imgur.com/a/olgvn

No, all of those weapons are transmutes from pre existing boss. It just confirms the lack of weapons and balance was because it was released in a unfinished state. Not DLC to come.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Monomythian posted:

No, all of those weapons are transmutes from pre existing boss. It just confirms the lack of weapons and balance was because it was released in a unfinished state.

:what:

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I can't beat the stupid loving princes.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Tamayachi posted:

Apparently a list of armors that aren't available yet, perhaps in the DLC

https://imgur.com/a/olgvn

If this game was anything like Dark Souls 2, some of that stuff will be reintroduced in the DLC, but some of it will probably remain in the game's files because stuff sometimes gets cut from games. Interesting that they originally referenced Drangleic by name in the item descriptions, because I can't think of any full reference in the final game.

Krolm
Nov 10, 2004

friendly and non-threatening

Bleak Gremlin

Popelmon posted:

Christ, there are more Mimics in this game than regular chests. Someone needs to call an exterminator.

Trick related to mimics that most people don't know: if you chuck an undead hunter charm in front of them they will start snoring and you can just pick up the loot and move on - I got my symbol of avarice that way as well

Edit: I don't suppose this tiny patch did anything with sorcery scaling?

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

...must attack and fall upon them with a gallant bearing and a fearless heart, and, if possible, vanquish and destroy them, even though they have for armour the shells of a certain fish, that they say are harder than diamonds, and in place of swords wield trenchant blades of Damascus steel...

I don't know about other greatswords, but the claymore, at least, has been buffed. Pre-patch, unloading a full stamina bar into the big hollows on the wall with broadsword 1HR1s did more damage than with claymore 2HR1s (claymore did beat the broadsword two-handed, though). Now the claymore does a good chunk more damage, especially with the 2HR2 combo.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
I've found that an upgraded broadsword kills everything in 2 to 4 hits. I'm wondering if it's because the enemies are really weak as far as hitpoints go, or if the broadsword is broken?

Like, there isn't any finesse in combat with it. You just wait for an opening and then hit R1 and stunlock the enemy until it is dead. Don't know if this is the case with other weapons as I never really had any reason to switch?

Also I used parry exactly once during the game, in the tutorial. It's just so pointless to do when you can more easily (and faster) just stunlock your enemies to death.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
alright, what's the deal with this weird weird baby faced lizard thing? It seems to be friendly to me but I can't seem to interact with it at all either.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Nuebot posted:

:negative: so killing the abyss watchers before doing cathedral of the deep really does ruin a few quest lines. Siegward never showed up, nor did patches.

EDIT: but patches showed up at the shrine, does this mean siegward is dead?

I assume that Roundboy is sitting on the well for a while if you go the normal way, but if you do abyss/cata/whatever first he isn't. He does show up though after you go through Cathedral and trigger whatever makes him fall. In the well. So talk to him and then do whatever to Patches and get his armor.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Good server-patch. A certain boss's twinswords have a noticeable improvement, less feeling of being something you looted off a corpse in the first zone.

Went well playing with them until I noticed my host was so laggy it extended the size of the rear end of treebeard by five corpse-lenghts and died in a single hit.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Apr 18, 2016

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
Is there any way to guarantee an NPC invasion spawn? I got invaded by Heyensel (? The turban guy) in the poison swamp. I lost because I was low on supplies and he healed a bunch. Now I can't seem to get him to re invade no matter how long I hang around in cinder form. Need that hat before my ocd will let me beat the boss.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

kater posted:

I assume that Roundboy is sitting on the well for a while if you go the normal way, but if you do abyss/cata/whatever first he isn't. He does show up though after you go through Cathedral and trigger whatever makes him fall. In the well. So talk to him and then do whatever to Patches and get his armor.

I missed that and now I'm in Anor Londo well at least I did Anri's quest line.

He does have a point. So far only one boss has a third item in-game but a lot of those weapons, like the great tree club or whatever, really seemed like they'd be fitting third boss weapons for bosses we have already.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Gortarius posted:

I've found that an upgraded broadsword kills everything in 2 to 4 hits. I'm wondering if it's because the enemies are really weak as far as hitpoints go, or if the broadsword is broken?

Like, there isn't any finesse in combat with it. You just wait for an opening and then hit R1 and stunlock the enemy until it is dead. Don't know if this is the case with other weapons as I never really had any reason to switch?

Also I used parry exactly once during the game, in the tutorial. It's just so pointless to do when you can more easily (and faster) just stunlock your enemies to death.

A lot of weapons can just stunlock regular mobs. Only the toughest enemies have enough poise to resist combos.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
The transitory lands of the Lords of Cinder converge. The lords have fled to their churning homes. Geography is convoluted.

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

...must attack and fall upon them with a gallant bearing and a fearless heart, and, if possible, vanquish and destroy them, even though they have for armour the shells of a certain fish, that they say are harder than diamonds, and in place of swords wield trenchant blades of Damascus steel...

I have a question, I've seen a number of people saying they like the sellsword twinblades, but I don't understand them at all. The dualwielding moves seem to not do any more damage than the single hits. Sometimes they do less. Does that ever get better? A lot of the weapon movesets have weird issues, like the partizan's focus skill takes a lot of stamina, takes a long time to complete and ends up dealing less damage than a single heavy attack even if all three hits connect.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Krolm posted:

Trick related to mimics that most people don't know: if you chuck an undead hunter charm in front of them they will start snoring and you can just pick up the loot and move on - I got my symbol of avarice that way as well

Edit: I don't suppose this tiny patch did anything with sorcery scaling?

Or just check out the chain on the right of the chest. If it's coiling towards you, it's a mimic.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

enojy posted:

Or just check out the chain on the right of the chest. If it's coiling towards you, it's a mimic.

Or if you just stand and look for a minute, you can see the lid move up and down as the mimic breathes.

Boz0r
Sep 7, 2006
The Rocketship in action.
How does coop work in this game? Do you have to rejoin each time someone dies?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I don't remember a treasure chest that isn't a mimic.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

kater posted:

I don't remember a treasure chest that isn't a mimic.

There are many self-actualized chests in this game, a highly successful and well connected group of mimics here being all they can be really

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Gortarius posted:

broadsword is the only sword that makes me go "gently caress" when i see it in pvp, and its the sword i use.

it is a very strong sword.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
I'm 27 or something hours in since getting my great axe on lothric wall and I'm still using it. I even managed to find a second one up an elevator near an old friend :getin:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Astora Straight Sword is better than the Broadsword.

Krolm
Nov 10, 2004

friendly and non-threatening

Bleak Gremlin

enojy posted:

Obviously you need to know if it's a mimic or not beforehand else you're just wasting consumables, personally I just don't want to fight most of them unless the room is big enough cause those things will mess you up as a mage with their room spanning roundhouse kick. This way at least you get the loot :v:

edit: I am aware of chains, I was trying to offer a way to get loot without fighting :angel:

Krolm fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Apr 18, 2016

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Krolm posted:

Obviously you need to know if it's a mimic or not beforehand

that's what looking at the chain on the floor tells you.

Toward = Bad

Away = Good

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

The Shortest Path posted:

Astora Straight Sword is better than the Broadsword.

Heavy Dark Sword is strong as hell and the UGS like stomp attack is hilarious. It has an A scaling in str at +4 and just gets better as it goes on. Plus it's buffable :shopkeeper:

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
once again i am at work instead of playing ds3. what the gently caress is this world

Internet Friend
Jan 1, 2001

I'm wondering if talismanning a mimic counts towards getting the guaranteed Symbol of Avarice like in DS1. Being able to get it ASAP was really nice.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

man nurse posted:

I can't beat the stupid loving princes.

As I remember it anyway, and non-specific enough I doubt it needs spoilers.

1) Only one attack breaks lock-on
2) They are extremely squishy, total glass cannons
3) Usual: don't go full ham, always have at least one roll's worth of stamina for sudden escape

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
Public service announcement:

No matter how cool the Great Corvian Scythe is, don't use it on Deacons of the Deep. It causes bleed buildup on you with every target it hits.

:gibs:

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Is there somewhere I can find some kind of a guide to making a class? I really don't know what I am doing and I just want to make a guy who uses melee well. I keep trying to find stuff but all I find now when I search for this stuff is a bunch of throw away sites just littered with ads

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
Pick str or dex and pump it whenever you don't have a better idea. Splash some points into vigor and endurance so you don't die as easy / have a little more stamina. If there's something you really want to use armorwise put enough points in vit to keep your equip load sane, if there's something you really want to use weaponwise (that has scaling compatible with your chosen main stat) put points in whatever minimum stats it requires.

Avoid faith and intelligence unless you have a good reason - utility spells, weapon requirements.

Avoid luck unless you have a Plan.

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc

Lester Shy posted:

If STR is the main stat I'm focusing on, is Heavy usually better than a regular weapon? I don't think I've ever actually infused a weapon in any of these games. Right now all I have is a +4 Claymore and it's starting to feel a little weak in Irithyll and Smouldering Lake.

When I was like 25 str/16 dex, Refined was better by a hair, but as I got to 40 str, Heavy gave me an awesome boost better than refined

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
I got my broadsword to +2 cause it seems to be the best weapon I have so far (or should I switch to the claymore?) so I should just keep progressing and just keep my stats up to stay with weapons/armor and just pump mainly strength with a bit of dex (I want a str build I guess)

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5r7hVQbkjew

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

limited posted:

Also, gently caress swamp areas. Bloodborne didn't have one, and everyone was happy.

This was almost a hundred pages ago(drat fast moving threads). Yes it most certainly did, multiple swamps in fact.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Unless there is a second shithole I haven't gotten to, Farron is the tamest by far of any of these games.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Hot Karl Marx posted:

I got my broadsword to +2 cause it seems to be the best weapon I have so far (or should I switch to the claymore?) so I should just keep progressing and just keep my stats up to stay with weapons/armor and just pump mainly strength with a bit of dex (I want a str build I guess)

Sounds about right. I'm going with a dex build so I'm not up on which str weapons feel right. Vigor is probably the most important thing to splash, an extra 25% hp goes a long, long way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.
Finished my first run using the +10 sharp scimitars I found at the start of the game. Now I'm starting my Kung Fury run. Cestus -> Demon Fists + Pyromancies. No Equip load above 20%. I must find and defeat the Kung Fuhrer, by relentlessly invading all day as a mad spirit.