Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Sounds about right. I'm going with a dex build so I'm not up on which str weapons feel right. Vigor is probably the most important thing to splash, an extra 25% hp goes a long, long way.

now to stop being absolutely garbage at this game, i only got to the undead settlement after like 3 hours of dying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Heithinn Grasida posted:

I don't know about other greatswords, but the claymore, at least, has been buffed. Pre-patch, unloading a full stamina bar into the big hollows on the wall with broadsword 1HR1s did more damage than with claymore 2HR1s (claymore did beat the broadsword two-handed, though). Now the claymore does a good chunk more damage, especially with the 2HR2 combo.

Someone posted this on Reddit, if correct it seems that greatswords in general got a significant buff. Looks like my new guy will be rocking the Claymore and Hollowslayer GS for those sweet thrust attacks.

E:

Apparently some UGS also got buffed, examples given are Zwei and Astora GS.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

RabidWeasel posted:

Someone posted this on Reddit, if correct it seems that greatswords in general got a significant buff. Looks like my new guy will be rocking the Claymore and Hollowslayer GS for those sweet thrust attacks.

yeah most things seem to have gotten a 10% or so buff

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Yeah, I guess the patch notes were just awkwardly translated, as usual. Both my BKS and Hollowslayer do quite a bit more damage now. :getin:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I'm not too far (Deep Cathedral), but does pyromancy ever get bad? It has made pretty much every boss a joke so far.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Is there somewhere I can find some kind of a guide to making a class? I really don't know what I am doing and I just want to make a guy who uses melee well. I keep trying to find stuff but all I find now when I search for this stuff is a bunch of throw away sites just littered with ads

Until mugenmonkey finishes building for Dark Souls 3:

1) Which weapons, shields do you want to use and have equipped at any one time?
2) Which armour do you want to use with it?
3) Which rings?

Calculate the total weight, divide it by 50 (increasingly) until you get beneath 70%, that'll be how high you need to raise your Vitality (carry capacity), so that's one attribute set. Next is how much Vigor (HP) and Endurance you need to feel comfortable with. Then if you want any buffs or heals or offensive magic (INT FTH ATT). Strength and Dexterity based on your weapon choices and how they change with later infusion levels.

That's how I build my twinks.

Kashuno posted:

I'm not too far (Deep Cathedral), but does pyromancy ever get bad? It has made pretty much every boss a joke so far.

It gets so much better. 30 int, 10 faith, +5 pyroglove and a pyromancy you are likely yet to discover and I out-damage those slow-casting miracles and sorceries with 60+ points into all the stats very hard. Certainly becomes a few-trick pony with pyromancy but when you can stunlock a boss that normally stunlocks and instagibs players it's worth it. Not to mention what if an invader gets hit by it.

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

No changes to magic from what I can tell testing :(

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
So I saved this Karla chick from Irithyll Dungeons...does she not show up in Firelink? I've looked all over the inside and haven't seen her at all.

Also in Irithyll Dyngeons, in the area with the giant where you can talk to Siegward, how the hell do you get to his other side and open the door? I've combed the upper part of this place as well as the main Irithyll dungeons and found nothing. There's also an item on the wooden platforms above where you drop down to the giant that I cannot figure out how to get, but that's hardly as important, just really makes me feel like I'm missing a way to go.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

alf_pogs posted:

what's the best strategy for the watchdogs of the old lords in Irithyl ? they are continuously wrecking me non-stop

quote:

watchdogs of the old lords

...Huh.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Insurrectionist posted:

So I saved this Karla chick from Irithyll Dungeons...does she not show up in Firelink? I've looked all over the inside and haven't seen her at all.

Also in Irithyll Dyngeons, in the area with the giant where you can talk to Siegward, how the hell do you get to his other side and open the door? I've combed the upper part of this place as well as the main Irithyll dungeons and found nothing. There's also an item on the wooden platforms above where you drop down to the giant that I cannot figure out how to get, but that's hardly as important, just really makes me feel like I'm missing a way to go.

She's on the ground underneath one of the arches, to the right of Greirat and to the left of the Andre

SmashiusClay
Oct 26, 2008

something at your own discretion

The Shortest Path posted:

Astora Straight Sword is better than the Broadsword.

Lothric knight sword is better than either. It's the Balder side sword from 1. Took me two hours of farming outside of Vordt to get it and I don't regret that time one bit.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i'm at the final boss so i've been through most of the game (every optional area but the lake since gently caress it). how does fromsoftware do it. why can't other companies do it. drat.

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

SmashiusClay posted:

Lothric knight sword is better than either. It's the Balder side sword from 1. Took me two hours of farming outside of Vordt to get it and I don't regret that time one bit.
It's pretty good, though not necessarily better than the others. Personally I'm not a fan of how delayed its R2's are compared to the old BSS, and it also consumes a bit more stamina than a regular straight sword.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Vanderdeath posted:

I know how you feel, man. :smith: I really want to play this game but Bandai-Namco have been tight-lipped about any sort of fix for a week now.

Two things.

One, it's not Bandai Namco. It's From who are responsible for the fix.

Two, they've actually known for over four weeks. This has been going on since the early PC release to streamers/reviewers, and they have done nothing.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

TescoBag posted:

No changes to magic from what I can tell testing :(

Not that it was said in the patch notes or anything...

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Just before the Aldrich Boss Fight, I immediately and eagerly turned left at the top of the stairs leading into the building with the fog gate and (prior game reference) the Giant Blacksmith is dead :smith:

I don't know why I was surprised, but that was kinda depressing :(

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

argondamn posted:

She's on the ground underneath one of the arches, to the right of Greirat and to the left of the Andre

I'll have to take a closer look then, thanks.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

SmashiusClay posted:

Lothric Knight Sword has better scaling, but Raw rear end has one of the highest base AR of any non-huge weapon and takes 10/10 stats.

Also the DS1 Longsword moveset.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired
So karthus bloodring and Kirk armor are disgusting together. I think you're just invincible as long as you have stamina, if not you're only vulnerable for a split second.
I might have to make videos of me taking out bosses over the course of half an hour doing this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDB_nqSa1Tk

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

The Gorp posted:

So karthus bloodring and Kirk armor are disgusting together. I think you're just invincible as long as you have stamina, if not you're only vulnerable for a split second.
I might have to make videos of me taking out bosses over the course of half an hour doing this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDB_nqSa1Tk
If I'm not mistaken, you can simply counter this by using a decent shield. Rolling with the Kirk armor on counts as an attack, so you'll get staggered if they block.

It'll be interesting to see you take out bosses with it, though. :)

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

second to last boss is the sickest poo poo. miyazaki i could kiss you on your perfect lips.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
When I saw that you can get Anri's sword and that the description references the raw power of human luck and that luck affects the weapon's stats, I was hoping deep down inside that it would turn out to be the balder side sword.

It is, unfortunately, not the balder side sword.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

It can't really be that surprising there's models being reused from Bloodborne.

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Not that it was said in the patch notes or anything...

"General balance adjustments and bug fixes"

The last time sorcery changes were made (1.03) they were included in the same "general balance changes".

Edit: But they have fixed the bonfire crash!

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

CJacobs posted:

When I saw that you can get Anri's sword and that the description references the raw power of human luck and that luck affects the weapon's stats, I was hoping deep down inside that it would turn out to be the balder side sword.

It is, unfortunately, not the balder side sword.

Someone said the Lothric Knight Sword has the same moveset?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I am really digging the Dark Sword. It's half a longsword and half a greatsword, hits like a truck, has good length and speed, doesn't use that much stamina, and the moveset is awesome. Stomp to sweep still sucks and is kind of useless but it's fun to do anyway. Also I got a spooky skull mask, so that's neat too.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Hoo boy, Nameless King is some intense poo poo. The first phase only takes like thirty seconds but the second is tense as hell with a two-handing build.

Shields are for suckers never use shields. :colbert:

Except to parry Champion use a shield then.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
https://www.gamefaqs.com

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I think this thread is moving too fast for you.

That was in response to this, right?

Someone said the Lothric Knight Sword has the same moveset?

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired

Exodee posted:

If I'm not mistaken, you can simply counter this by using a decent shield. Rolling with the Kirk armor on counts as an attack, so you'll get staggered if they block.

It doesn't count as an attack, otherwise it could be parried. I've rolled over tons of shields without any issue.
A 100% shield just makes it a stalemate, while no thorns get through I have no reason to stop rolling.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Golden Goat posted:

I think this thread is moving too fast for you.

That was in response to this, right?

He's just spamming, ignore him.

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

Lothric Knight Sword has better scaling, but Raw rear end has one of the highest base AR of any non-huge weapon and takes 10/10 stats.

Also the DS1 Longsword moveset.

I'm finding myself preferring the Dark Sword. Max Chaos does B scaling, which is good for pyros, it's got superior reach in its class, and the style is good for catching people off guard.

In all seriousness, though, straights have so many solid options.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

He's just spamming, ignore him.

Oh that's weird.

Anyway, Undead Settlement tower chat:

How can I get down to where that big flame looking dude is? I can see an area beside the tower from the top of it and i've no clue how to get there.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Golden Goat posted:

Oh that's weird.

Anyway, Undead Settlement tower chat:

How can I get down to where that big flame looking dude is? I can see an area beside the tower from the top of it and i've no clue how to get there.

When you go back down the elevator, check out your surroundings.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

CJacobs posted:

When you go back down the elevator, check out your surroundings.

Jump off the elevator, got it.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

BurntCornMuffin posted:

I'm finding myself preferring the Dark Sword. Max Chaos does B scaling, which is good for pyros, it's got superior reach in its class, and the style is good for catching people off guard.

In all seriousness, though, straights have so many solid options.

I'm glad the claymore got buffed, because now I have two really solid and fun weapons to play around with. Too bad about magic though, but I was able to swap to pyromancer in time.

Now just fix the t-pose and lag-out poo poo and I'm good. Moundmaking is hilarious even though red invading is kind of just tedious bullshit now.

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

I'm going a pure wizard build because that is what I always start Souls games with, and man it is ROUGH. It seems like every boss I've fought is specifically set up so magic really sucks against it. I'm on the Deacons right now, and had to reallocate my stats to put every single point into intelligence so my Magic Greatsword spell is strong enough that I have a chance to kill them. I think Crystal Hail is the worst magic spell I've ever seen in a Souls game, and I can't believe it actually takes a boss soul. I tried it on aforementioned boss because I thought it would be the optimal place to use it, and it was hitting for around 30 damage.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Jeeeeeesus christ, not shown are that the zwei and astora gs also got buffs.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

MrLonghair posted:

Until mugenmonkey finishes building for Dark Souls 3:

1) Which weapons, shields do you want to use and have equipped at any one time?
2) Which armour do you want to use with it?
3) Which rings?

Calculate the total weight, divide it by 50 (increasingly) until you get beneath 70%, that'll be how high you need to raise your Vitality (carry capacity), so that's one attribute set. Next is how much Vigor (HP) and Endurance you need to feel comfortable with. Then if you want any buffs or heals or offensive magic (INT FTH ATT). Strength and Dexterity based on your weapon choices and how they change with later infusion levels.

That's how I build my twinks.

thanks this helps a lot

I've only found one ring and its that one you can get by jumping off that tree in the shrine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Yardbomb posted:

Jeeeeeesus christ, not shown are that the zwei and astora gs also got buffs.

I'm glad FROM decided to just buff everything this time around, instead of nerfing stuff into the ground like they've done in the past.

The Gorp posted:

It doesn't count as an attack, otherwise it could be parried. I've rolled over tons of shields without any issue.
A 100% shield just makes it a stalemate, while no thorns get through I have no reason to stop rolling.
Ah ok, I seem to remember reading somewhere that you just bounce off of blocking enemies while wearing it, though it was probably just reddit being reddit as usual. Pretty hilarious all the same, though.