Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Farewell, Fat Larry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

scary ghost dog posted:

[taken czech voice] good luck

Thanks.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Oh my loving god what a beast :captainpop::poolgirl:

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

I still think bloodborne might be my more beloved game, but DS3 is a real beast

agreed

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
There's a dude invading as a dark spirit at the first Lothric bonfire in full Nameless King gear. I know because I'm a Pyromancer who hasn't leveled up and I'm Mound-Making and we keep running into each other in bizzare situations.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

the final boss second phase parried me for an instant kill and I could hear the demonic yellow men of FROM Software laughing at me

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
lmao

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
does anyone have detailed notes for what the patch today has changed? like numbers and stuff that wasnt mentioned in the game

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I bought the new Ratchet and Clank for a come-down game when DS3 feels get too intense

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

does anyone have detailed notes for what the patch today has changed? like numbers and stuff that wasnt mentioned in the game

Heres one thing

Hollowslayer GS buff :peanut:

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

Heres one thing

Hollowslayer GS buff :peanut:

thank you :-)

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
greatswords really could have used the help. they werent much more powerful than straight swords before the patch

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

greatswords really could have used the help. they werent much more powerful than straight swords before the patch

if youre gonna use a weapon that slow it should like one shot everything except a boss, imo. i cant play like that though im really bad at timing my swings and go back to little dex weapons

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
well greatswords are actually pretty fast unless you use the r2 a lot. but i agree they should have a lot more AR than straight swords. maybe youre thinking of ultra greatswords?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

well greatswords are actually pretty fast unless you use the r2 a lot. but i agree they should have a lot more AR than straight swords. maybe youre thinking of ultra greatswords?

probably. stuff like the zweihander where the momentum is carrying your body away

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

probably. stuff like the zweihander where the momentum is carrying your body away

yeah thats an ultra greatsword. i quite like them, i made a dex character for DS3 though cos i wanted to dual wield. but my next character will be str

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I love this game so much. They pretty much took all the mechanical/QOL improvements from DSII and made a much, much better game with them

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I feel like the Farron GS could use a lil buff

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
why does that picture have the quality build with 60 str/dex.....should i have gone past 40

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

scary ghost dog posted:

why does that picture have the quality build with 60 str/dex.....should i have gone past 40

I know for a fact that int scales up to 60 now before dropping off, maybe the other main stats do too

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I know for a fact that int scales up to 60 now before dropping off, maybe the other main stats do too

i know str/dex drop off to 1 or 2 damage per level after 40. maybe it stops altogether at 60, so 60/60 is the maximum

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

scary ghost dog posted:

I dont think thats viable at whatever the PVP soul level is going to end up being

CARRIERHASARRIVED
Aug 25, 2010

am i an idiot for making my first run through the game uchigatana with little clothing

i feel like im missing out on some of the magic. what are the fun dex weapons.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

CARRIERHASARRIVED posted:

am i an idiot for making my first run through the game uchigatana with little clothing

i feel like im missing out on some of the magic. what are the fun dex weapons.

lol just try the weapons yourself

CARRIERHASARRIVED
Aug 25, 2010

okay....

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

In case anyone wants spoilers on how to reallocate your stats:

if you join the fingers of Rosaria covenant in the cathedral of the deep, you can pay a pale tongue to redistribute all your levels after whatever your class starts with. You can only do this 5 times per character and joining the covenant can screw you out of a quest line/other covenant

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

you can check the moveset even if u dont have the stats for a weapon. its not like in ds1 where your chracter just sort of struggles with the weight if they dont have the stats

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

you can check the moveset even if u dont have the stats for a weapon. its not like in ds1 where your chracter just sort of struggles with the weight if they dont have the stats

Woah.. Dafuq. It just does low damage then?

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
It rules that you're technically considered to be two handing the farron gs when you dual weild it's parrying / break dance dagger

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

net cafe scandal posted:

You can do the moves but it uses like triple the stamina

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

You can do the moves but it uses like triple the stamina

Thats Kool.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

the scaling is negative so yea. plus it uses more stamina

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
additionally, if the weapon has a magic effect weapon arte, it wont work if you dont have the int/faith requirement, from what i can tell.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Champion is loving nuts. I got him to phase 2 every single time and he just destroys me. I co-op'd him like the big gay cheater i am.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
I cooped Abyss Watchers bc when I phantomed for other players I saw two figures fighting in the background during the second form. I guess I confused the fight and thought it'd be like a four kings damage race at the time.

second playthrough is probably gonna be a dex build with the twin scimitars. I'm too reliant on my shields when I PVP and I need to switch up my style.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

One thing I miss from blood borne is enemies eating your bloodstain. Dying is almost inconsequential in this game because it's so easy to sprint back to your souls

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

You will only know true freedom when you cast your shield aside.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

seems the patch was just balance changes and stuff. game still runs like poo poo and crashes a lot lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

the final boss second phase parried me for an instant kill and I could hear the demonic yellow men of FROM Software laughing at me

this happened to me too and i couldnt stop laughing lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

seems the patch was just balance changes and stuff. game still runs like poo poo and crashes a lot lol

Try lowering your settings

• Locked thread