Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

richyp posted:

symmetrical naked Dwarves.

I want to see a dwarven symmetrical dockingu like my old animes...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
The boars look like they rub their faces along the ground whenever they run, on account of their stubby front legs. Either that or they kinda jump constantly like corgis. Also there's that one orc posed dynamically atop a completely static mount, so it just looks like he's humping it.

Grumpy dragon looks good at least.

Also, I think Imrealised what's off about the armoured dudes. No cloth or leather other than a few straps, so they look like they're naked under the armour. Which is kinda supported by the ones with bare feet...

Orrcus. Champions of Chafing.

Sir Teabag
Oct 26, 2007

Business Gorillas posted:

The Dragon thing is halfway decent. Those boar things are beyond retarded and you know they just couldnt be boars since they can't trademark those.

So I actually looked at the dwarf stuff for a game at the GW and lmao holy poo poo. I already know just by looking at the armylist that I'm already immediately outclassed by a single 14 wound dragon rider and, because there's no points, I'm sure I'll see one the first day of their league*

It's like rekindling an old love and that love is hating AoS

* - I was also pretty much told I can't play in the AoS league because everyone else is buying a whole army to play in it and I just wanna play with the stuff I already have

No need to worry - you're armies will always be supported and welcome! The rules are free and always will be!*

*Get out scrub.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Elfface posted:

The boars look like they rub their faces along the ground whenever they run, on account of their stubby front legs. Either that or they kinda jump constantly like corgis. Also there's that one orc posed dynamically atop a completely static mount, so it just looks like he's humping it.

I said it in the other thread, but it makes sense that they'd have a hosed up scrunty boar on account of them attempting to merge the two universes together. It's good but not for the reasons the Company thinks it's good.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Ashcans posted:

Thats not a new thing, Orcs/Orks have had topknots for ages. Basically the only people who don't get topknots are skeletons and lizardmen.

That's where you're wrong!

Top knots for all! Even the skeleton horses!

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Apr 18, 2016

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
i got so irritated with top knots, i started cutting them off when i trying the 40k orks thing way back

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Nebalebadingdong posted:

i got so irritated with top knots, i started cutting them off when i trying the 40k orks thing way back

Pretty much, I would always remove my Ork top knots too.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
The poses on the Orruk brutes are too static. They're jus holding their weapons up, not doing anything with them.

But honestly, aside from that, I think the basic designs aren't bad

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

To me those Orcs are a lot like other AoS releases where they are a combination of over designed (so just too much stuff on them) along with big bulky armor. They don't actually look bad to me as opposed to their other AoS trash but I preferred their previous orcs.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

boom boom boom posted:

The poses on the Orruk brutes are too static. They're jus holding their weapons up, not doing anything with them.

But honestly, aside from that, I think the basic designs aren't bad

Wyvern surfing guy looks pretty good:

A different paint scheme would be really helpful in judging

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I don't like his pose. I think it would look better if instead of the swords, he was holding the chains that were strapping him to the monster and bracing his feet against it to stay on. As it is he really looks like he's going to slip off and get dragged. It reminds me of models that I would make as a kid where I just glued a standing character onto a monster since I didn't have the ability to do it any better.

Otherwise I think the design isn't too bad.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

God I can't wait to see what bullshit they do to the Skaven and Dark Elves...

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Is there even a female AoS model yet? I'm curious what the murder elves are going to be.

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

moths posted:

God I can't wait to see what bullshit they do to the Skaven and Dark Elves...

For the Skaven I'm going to go and assume badly posed rats in power armour. Painted Yellow.
For the Dark elves, probably power armoured badly posed elves. Painted Bad Moon yellow.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Mork is badly posed... but Gork is posed badly!!

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot

Radish posted:

Is there even a female AoS model yet? I'm curious what the murder elves are going to be.

F-f-f-f-female?

Whats that?

Pawl
Sep 9, 2006

I'm seeing this from an AoS perspective.

white primer uber alles
Any of the Stormcast could technically be women

Forge your own genital narrative

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
In Age of Sigmar, women and men alike ascend into the beautiful, powerful forms of the Stormcast Eternals.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
she's a femcast living in a mancast manternal world

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Generic mass produced armor, can't tell who's wearing it. Man, woman, three skavens; who knows.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Mango Polo posted:

Generic mass produced armor, can't tell who's wearing it. Man, woman, three skavens; who knows.

Three? Where'd Dave go?!

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I like the shaman at least, not $33 dollars like but he has a nice sense of action to his pose that's been missing from all the other sculpts.

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I like the shaman at least, not $33 dollars like but he has a nice sense of action to his pose that's been missing from all the other sculpts.
It's the turned in knees or the wrist that makes it stand out.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
Dwarves only have males. The ballsacks act as a womb at first, then the dwarf fetus moves up to the stomach. When the mother-man goes into labor he starts flexing and posing uncontrollably and the baby-man-dwarf starts budding out of his chest screaming the entire time. You know how all newborn human babies look like Winston Chuchill? Well all newborn dwarf babies look like Jason Statham, complete with pecs, guns, and stubble.

I forge this narrative because there is no narrative to give.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

NTRabbit posted:

Three? Where'd Dave go?!

Someone got hungry :(

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

They couldn't fit a topknot on top of his head thanks to both the "has never seen a living being's head" head design (note the distortion around the mouth where the 3d model got overstretched) AND the cribbed-from-40k armor design, so they just stuck it on the loving armor. That's somehow even worse to me than the orc who is quite expertly captured in the exact moment he realizes he's about to fall down head first off his wyvern.

How do you even gently caress up Orcs. I didn't think even AoS could possibly do this.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

God those boars are so ugly. I have no idea what is going on with their mouths, it looks like they were trying to make them half-pelican and then desperately tried to hide it with a lovely hair texture.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Ashcans posted:

God those boars are so ugly.

Excuse me I believe you mean Boarruks.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Ashcans posted:

God those boars are so ugly. I have no idea what is going on with their mouths, it looks like they were trying to make them half-pelican and then desperately tried to hide it with a lovely hair texture.

They're half pelican and half of that lovely pig thing from galaxy quest

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Mouth-knife pig-beasts

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Just put more topknots to distract from the boarruk's ugliness.

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man
The rounded armour just makes them look like they're inflated.

Orrrukkk posted:

Waaaagghhhh! *Pop*
____________________________________\

EDIT: Needs more topknot.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Wait how the hell is that spear supposed to work?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Mango Polo posted:

Is the giant TK scarab in there?

e. I'm glad Mantic is picking up the slack on making bits for Thousand Sons!

What giant TK scarab?

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!

richyp posted:

It's the turned in knees or the wrist that makes it stand out.

He looks like he just got hit with the spell "Low Dietary Fiber Intake".

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Wait how the hell is that spear supposed to work?

Not a spear, it's an horrukberd.

Leperflesh posted:

What giant TK scarab?

This glorious fucker. Look at it and weep that it will never get a model.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Leperflesh posted:

What giant TK scarab?

It was some fantasy forge world thing that nobody bought into.

Turned out that bigger, more broken armies was exactly the opposite of what fantasy players wanted

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Mango Polo posted:

Not a spear, it's an horrukberd.

Yeah but even halberds have a pointy end that sticks into people. How does this weapon work thundering down on someone on a boar pelican?

Edit: I refuse to believe that they're even boars. Like, GW just made like 4 different types of boars only 2 or 3 years ago

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Yeah but even halberds have a pointy end that sticks into people. How does this weapon work thundering down on someone on a boar pelican?

Like 40k orks, you just gotta believe in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Mango Polo posted:

This glorious fucker. Look at it and weep that it will never get a model.

Goddamn. This could have been a beautiful thing. Too bad FW's fantasy line didn't sell well. I have the Tamurkhan book around here somewhere and it is really nice. I would've liked to have seen other books in the same style.

• Locked thread