Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Gammatron 64 posted:

Col. William F. Guile has brought joy and happiness to the bleak, icy cold darkness of this thread's heart. Feels good, man.

USA #1

AMERICA FREEDOM AND JUSTICE

SUCK IT TERRISTS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yr28K8W8ik

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Guile slated for late November along with the Cash Shop

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

'MURRICA gently caress YEAH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2YEFYlB36U

Saint Freak posted:

Guile slated for late November along with the Cash Shop

Look at this freedom-hating communist here

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

His V-Skill lets him walk with a charge? Sign me the gently caress up, they may have done a real good job here.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Capcom dropped the info early to save the phoenix skull death combo guy from having to take any more punches

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

Dracula Factory posted:

His V-Skill lets him walk with a charge? Sign me the gently caress up, they may have done a real good job here.

No, that's just a thing he has, his V-skill is a stationary projectile that powers up booms that pass through it, or something to that effect.

His V-trigger is a barrage of sonic booms that can be thrown at different speeds depending on button presses. Critical Art is Sonic Hurricane.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The rage quit solution thing is kind of disappointing, would it really be that hard to just change it so that disconnecting makes you lose points?

Like that's probably all it would take to stop people

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
actually sounds cool GASP

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Help Im Alive posted:

The rage quit solution thing is kind of disappointing, would it really be that hard to just change it so that disconnecting makes you lose points?

I think that system is already in place, people just kept RQ'ing in spite of it because Capcom has to single the person out individually IIRC. The Unity post may not be exhaustive, either.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

And his v-trigger is basically B.B. Hood's dark force. And he can hold down-back charge while walking forward.

Friggin' awesome

Help Im Alive posted:

Yeah I don't really think that's gonna stop anyone. They'll just take a little break from the game and do it again later.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

It doesn't even punish on the first strike. So there's nothing to stop, say, a Gold player from pulling the plug any time there's an occasional threat to their points from a Bronze or whatever. Useless system that sounds like it would be more complex to implement than just docking the correct LP from people who disconnect.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
So with this costume change, does that mean Nuckledu's Guile will always be in perma-shade mode? :v::ocelot:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I'm kind of disappointed that his CA is Sonic Hurricane, just because it's a lot more boring than Flash Explosion.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Gammatron 64 posted:

Look at this freedom-hating communist here

Guile to launch September 11th 2016 oorah oorah never forget

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/04/18/guile-joins-street-fighter-v-roster-this-month-april-update-details/

Well, at least Sony put up a mirror while Capcom Unity tries to unshit itself.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

bhsman posted:

So with this costume change, does that mean Nuckledu's Guile will always be in perma-shade mode? :v::ocelot:

Before, you put on shades to style on someone, but now? Guile is ALWAYS styling on you.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Lemon-Lime posted:

I'm kind of disappointed that his CA is Sonic Hurricane, just because it's a lot more boring than Flash Explosion.

It's probably is because they figure that the motion for Flash Explosion is too hard, even though it's been Guile's signature super since ST.

Although to be fair, I only find it easy to do on an arcade stick and it's pretty tricky to do it 100% of the time on a gamepad. If you play charge characters, a square gate seriously does make your life so much easier. But that's just me and it's different for everyone.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
if vtrigger > super is a solid blockstring, allowing for horseshit chip kill setups, this game is good

https://twitter.com/gitgudFGC/status/722085158329843712

how hard is it to dock disconnects points capcom

Pomp fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Apr 18, 2016

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

A.o.D. posted:

Before, you put on shades to style on someone, but now? Guile is ALWAYS styling on you.

True, and I also meant it in a 'throwing shade' sort of way, hence the Nuckledu reference.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Looks like the order from the original post is correct.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
The thought of guile walking forward with down charge is terrifying.

brb getting flag tattoos

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

hiddenriverninja posted:

Looks like the order from the original post is correct.

why did anyone expect otherwise

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
I wonder which his better anti-air will be, serious question.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

I wonder which his better anti-air will be, serious question.

depends on if you want a crush counter, an invincible reversal, or need to stop a cross up, or suddenly have the urge to dish out a sick air throw.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

A.o.D. posted:

depends on if you want a crush counter, an invincible reversal, or need to stop a cross up, or suddenly have the urge to dish out a sick air throw.

I would prefer an OS that allows me to do any of these things ty

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

S.J. posted:

I would prefer an OS that allows me to do any of these things ty

I had a 5 paragraph screed ready to go about the inanity of sf4, but then I came to my senses.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I still can't believe they want you to pay for new stages, jesus loving christ

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

The airforce stage looks real good

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Speaking of paying for stages. How much do I need to pay to remove the Training stage from the game?

Booyah- posted:

The airforce stage looks real good

No Balrog or Balrog or Vega or Vega or M.Bison or M.Bison in the jet.
0/10

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

MinibarMatchman posted:

I still can't believe they want you to pay for new stages, jesus loving christ

season pass people get it for free to apologize

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Hoo boy am I glad that they pulled a Karin with Guile rather than a Ken. Guile looks as he should, and I'm glad he has his shades all the time even though his v-trigger should be the only time his shades come on.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Dracula Factory posted:

Hoo boy am I glad that they pulled a Karin with Guile rather than a Ken. Guile looks as he should, and I'm glad he has his shades all the time even though his v-trigger should be the only time his shades come on.

V-Trigger animation really should just be him putting on the shades, yeah

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Excited to see Du play SFV Guile :neckbeard:

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Guile looking so clean, hype to get my boy back

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Jack Trades posted:

Speaking of paying for stages. How much do I need to pay to remove the Training stage from the game?

why would you want to remove one of the stages that doesn't have framedrops and can actually maintain 60fps

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

teagone posted:

Excited to see Du play SFV Guile :neckbeard:

I am not

cams
Mar 28, 2003

hooray for guile. i am going to be the lamest fucker on the planet.

balrog next please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

64:3
Oh gently caress yeah, can't wait to bust out my turtle tactics.
Ryu is not lame enough for me, I need old broomhead.