Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

ChickenWing posted:

significantly better than eve by virtue of being based on a forums-style structure
Forums are indeed better than internet spaceships spreadsheets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Reverand maynard posted:

I can't tell if it's going to be hilarious or just result in max coward lowsec only supercap use.

Either way it's going to be nice to not have that PL sword of Damocles around at all times

Goatman Sacks fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Apr 18, 2016

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Jon Von Anchovi posted:

So you avoid rats in exploration by the name of the sites. If it has sansha,angel,blood raider,guristas or the other one in the name it is exactly the same as a null sec site that would normally spawn in the region of space inhabited by those rats. But the site itself has no rats. The faction just determines what the loot table is.

W space specific sites will have names with no null faction name in them. Like forgotten recursive etc. These have sleepers and you will die.

Just fly around cherry picking null sites that spawn in w space.

Also relic sites average like 20 times as much isk as data sites

Thanks dudes.

Also oh poo poo relic sites are that good? I found one already looted last night when I got stuck in a system because of gate campers and thought nothing of it.

Solfrann
Dec 28, 2015

This hits me right in the feels. Such innocent enjoyment of the game. It really is amazing.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Phi230 posted:

Thanks dudes.

Also oh poo poo relic sites are that good? I found one already looted last night when I got stuck in a system because of gate campers and thought nothing of it.

Last I checked (which was, admittedly, like 2 years ago), Data sites were nearly worthless comparatively. Relic sites give you salvage, which gets nice and pricey when you get into the T2 range and is generally worth more on the whole. Data sites only really pay out in datacores and decryptors, and they do it a a pretty low rate, with the occasional burst if you get a decent BPC.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ChickenWing posted:

adding my vote for SAFleet

If relevant people actually used Kugu and there was a balanaced mod team I think it would be pretty drat great and significantly better than eve by virtue of being based on a forums-style structure rather than a self-moderation-via-upvote-style structure

Discord Fleet would be good.

Kugu 2.0 hinges on a few things, a non poo poo forum layout, a decent mix of people from across null making up the mod/admin team (with no ~hostile takeovers/purges), and actual people of relevance using it to debate/discuss EVE there.

You can make Kugu all you want, but if its just white noise posters it's going to suck and nobody will care about it.

TMC & EN24's respective forums both failed because of that stuff.

ChickenWing posted:

Last I checked (which was, admittedly, like 2 years ago), Data sites were nearly worthless comparatively. Relic sites give you salvage, which gets nice and pricey when you get into the T2 range and is generally worth more on the whole. Data sites only really pay out in datacores and decryptors, and they do it a a pretty low rate, with the occasional burst if you get a decent BPC.

Relic sites are still the preferred exploration sites. Catch has the best bunch of them too for the value they drop.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Hey, is this the thread devoid of :10bux:-lolposting and chill?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Not anymore now that you're here.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
Sir you're disturbing the other guests

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
Namaste friends, peace and love.

Smoke weed

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

Sir you're disturbing the other guests

I blame this coke bottle with the Mets logo on it.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

SA chill roam: form in amarr Sunday and go to provi/ the south?

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Phi230 posted:

I found a gold gas site.

As an explorer what do I do with it? Do I sell the coords?

basically ignore k-space gas sites because theyre a logistical nightmare and the drug cabals base out of the constellations the gas spawns in. ignore w-space gas sites too unless you're looking to huff gas

you cant really sell bookmarks to anything but like high class ded complexes and even then only if you can talk to a runner out of whatever region you found it. doesn't hurt to try though i guess. do pirate relic sites for easy money

nigga crab pollock fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Apr 18, 2016

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Reverand maynard posted:

/r/eve is so poo poo and not even because of bias its just bad unfunny angry people screaming into the void right now about how much they hate goons and every single time someone kills anything worth more than a bil they ahve to post a thread about it.

my fav is that eve has a loving huge apocrypha of "common knowledge" that is misguided, misinformed and/or outdated and /r/eve is full of the people who keep that poo poo alive and well

like the website is basically designed for people who care how everyone else does things

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

nigga crab pollock posted:

like the website is basically designed for people who care how everyone else does things without coming to their own conclusions

yes that is a description of reddit, but i'd add "cute pics" and "homegrown"

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
home brown weede am i rite :weed: haha :2bong:

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

yes that is a description of reddit, but i'd add "cute pics" and "homegrown"

why did homegrown get removed from SA again? Not that we need a reason to not have naked goons obviously.

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice
Because of the huge amounts of drama it brings

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

If only there was an encyclopedia with articles regarding it, oh well

wait! i found one

http://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=128
http://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=408

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Thank you for reminding me of the Enclylopedia. I found the thread that I think made me sub.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=1621486

naked king of Shoreditch.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
What were you appologising to me for last page oodles? Maybe im just really high (i am really high) but i didnt get it

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb
hey chill thread is there still a discord channel to chill on?

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Landsknecht posted:

hey chill thread is there still a discord channel to chill on?

yeah check pgs for the goon discord server

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Unfunny Poster posted:

Not anymore now that you're here.

Wow, rude :(

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I am totally being a part of the discord! :)

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Reverand maynard posted:

Can I bring a Talos?

Worldshatter
May 7, 2015

:kazooieass:PEPSI for TV-GAME:kazooieass:

I've never used discord, is it any good?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
its cloud hosted slackmumble, so no its bad

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
its okay as a skype replacement because skype is almost hilariously bad

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Discord is good as long as you don't expect it to be the best thing ever

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Syndic Thrass posted:

What were you appologising to me for last page oodles? Maybe im just really high (i am really high) but i didnt get it

I spent your money to train into a proteus and run high sec missions. I'm a failure :(.

Catte update, not hissing. But one of them has an amazing case of the shits. Pretty funny seeing a cat looking magnificent making GBS threads, and then it comes out all wet and farty sounding.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

DisgracelandUSA posted:

Can I bring a Talos?

Talons own

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Tusen Takk posted:

Discord is good as long as you don't expect it to be the best thing ever

It has the worst color scheme ever, light grey text on white background

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Reverand maynard posted:

It has the worst color scheme ever, light grey text on white background

You can turn on dark mode and then it doesn't suck

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

Reverand maynard posted:

I'm down with this :sun:

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Oodles posted:

I spent your money to train into a proteus and run high sec missions. I'm a failure :(.

Catte update, not hissing. But one of them has an amazing case of the shits. Pretty funny seeing a cat looking magnificent making GBS threads, and then it comes out all wet and farty sounding.

U Lucky this is the chill thread or I'd be very unchill right now m8er. Get me in with your group on my incursion man and we'll call it even

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
syndic gif me isk tia

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Foehammer007 posted:

syndic gif me isk tia

Use your IWI money nerd

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

Syndic Thrass posted:

Use your IWI money nerd

psh like elise ain't keeping all of that to himself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Altran
Mar 20, 2013
Ok I have been on pl.pl forum for my phorde spy (can you even call it a spy?), and I stumbled upon snigg public recruitment thread, one of the question that gets asked alot in there is to post a dread travel fit, and someone even went as far as saying none of the thread in the recruitment forum is correct. i am just curious, what is a correct dread travel fit? i think the inquirer didn't gave enough information , do i expect to travel with a group, or solo? am i using jump drive or star gates, etc...

• Locked thread