Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Guavanaut posted:

It's a pun on council estate, Corbyn's hat, and the flat cap being the traditional headgear of manual workers for a while.

It took a moment until after I posted it to realise it was literally "oh they say it bad being rich but we have things that poors have" was literally the be-all-and-end-all of that garbage toon. Being such a ridiculously weak distraction from the fact the prime minister profited from extremely morally if not legally dubious tax evasion that I thought it might be a reference to something else; if I had been more awake I would not have been so charitable to give a murdoch paper's cartoon the benefit of the doubt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Congrats on turning cartwheels in anger over the message "Dave's a toff."

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on John Whittingdale and press regulation – News of the culture secretary’s previous relationship with dominatrix sparks calls for him to stand down from overseeing press regulation"

Telegraph:

Hawking backs interstellar travel project; Petition to stop pro-EU leaflets to be debated by MPs on 9 May

Independent:

David Miliband: EU exit 'unilateral political disarmament'

Times:

Led Zeppelin to face copyright lawsuit over opening riff

Guardian Australian Sport:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Jeremy Corbyn’s EU stance – Labour leader calls for vote against Brexit, warning of a ‘bonfire of rights’ if Britain leaves the European Union" After Delacroix.

Telegraph:

Film's lost Nessie monster prop found in Loch Ness

Times:

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda
Bell needs to up his game on be-monstering the opposition. I could tell who all of them were and they seem to be human; none of them have any weird poo poo on their heads or are painted unnatural colo(u)rs like the mutants upon whom they trod...
I concede most seem to be lacking in eyeballs.

Is being a terrible monster a privilege of office?

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

One part most of them are relatively new at front-bench politics and haven't yet done anything truly image-defining, one part Steve Bell is a very very lefty man and has literally caricatured Corbyn as an unironic Jedi knight, which is a slightly more sympathetic treatment than Tony Blair or Neil Kinnock got.

edit: have a look at these Ifs from 1996, two years after Blair became leader of the opposition

http://www.belltoons.co.uk/bellworks/index.php/if/1996/3891-15-4-96_MIDDLECLAWSS
http://www.belltoons.co.uk/bellworks/index.php/if/1996/3892-16-4-96_MIDDLECLAWSS
http://www.belltoons.co.uk/bellworks/index.php/if/1996/3896-22-4-96_REDEFINEREDEFINE

He's just figured out the Prescott-as-bulldog gag, and he's also just noticed that Blair has Maggie's mad eye, but he hasn't really started to zero in on serious caricatures of Blair and Mandelson, and the Gordy is just A.N. Person. He's just got the human faces at the moment.

Trin Tragula fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Apr 15, 2016

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Trin Tragula posted:

which is a slightly more sympathetic treatment than Tony Blair or Neil Kinnock got

Or deserved.

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda

Trin Tragula posted:

One part most of them are relatively new at front-bench politics and haven't yet done anything truly image-defining, one part Steve Bell is a very very lefty man and has literally caricatured Corbyn as an unironic Jedi knight, which is a slightly more sympathetic treatment than Tony Blair or Neil Kinnock got...

Gordy is just A.N. Person. He's just got the human faces at the moment.
The less said about the stupid Star Wars parody the better. Ugh.
Bell's Gordon never got as hateful as his other PMs, he just got fatter and more Moai-like with the rictus grin. Bell said at some conference GB cornered him and yelled at him "Why do you draw me so fat?!"

Alan Johnson on the right of the Delacroix up there was in Blair's cabinet so he's been around forever but is too boring. Tom Watson got stick for his expenses in 2009? ( the "pizza wheel" incident) and is paedofinder general but that's not enough to be drawn as a monster.The more I look at it I don't even understand the choice of people in this cartoon; don't Watson and Benn oppose Corbyn on Europe or was that tiff over bombing Syria? They made up and everyone friends now because Tories are the worst? Even the dead Tories are on opposite sides of Euro.

edit to add:
Jack Straw in those cartoons you linked is clearly already mutated into a non-human.

nobodyssweetheart fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Apr 15, 2016

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the row between Merkel and Erdoğan – German chancellor has been criticised by members of her cabinet after acceding to a request from Ankara to prosecute a comedian who read out an offensive poem about the Turkish president"

Telegraph:

EU referendum: NHS cash row as campaigns get under way

Times:

Cameron, Ashdown and Kinnock in phone campaign;

Stephen Collins:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Cloud Potato posted:

Stephen Collins:

I think this would have been funnier if it ended on panel 9 ("Who's the bald guy?")

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"John Whittingdale brought to heel - The culture secretary is whipped into shape – as are the press"

Sunday Telegraph:

Couple Sits On Bench

Independent on Sunday:

Dolmio and Uncle Ben's firm Mars advises limit on products

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the EU referendum – Britain would be ‘completely killed’ in global trade negotiations if it votes to leave the EU, claims the French economy minister" Also Boaty McBoatface wins poll to name polar research vessel

Telegraph:

Roman villa unearthed 'by chance' in Wiltshire garden

Independent:

EU referendum: Boris Johnson accuses Barack Obama of 'hypocrisy'

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
All aboard the meme2 boat.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
Tiny Gove Boat is adorable and I'm not okay with that.

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

That Rowson is incredible.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Scrotey McScroteface is the best Gove name.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Guardian Sport just got posted:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Ach, and I've just uploaded it too. You might want to timg that.

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on George Osborne and the EU referendum – George Osborne has said Britain would lose £36bn in net tax receipts if the it leaves the EU and negotiates a bilateral trade agreement with the bloc"

Telegraph:

Eight arrests after Greenpeace protesters scale London monuments

Independent:

After Toulouse-Lautrec

Times:

Guardian Sport:

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda

Cloud Potato posted:

Guardian Sport:

Finally, a decent cartoon Boris.
(No segmented flatworms for lips helps)

Guavanaut posted:

Scrotey McScroteface is the best Gove name.
how soon we forget

nobodyssweetheart fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Apr 20, 2016

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Michael Gove’s plans for life outside the EU – Michael Gove is to set out the Brexit campaign’s hopes for ‘patriotic renewal’ if the UK leaves the EU, arguing it would be better off outside the single market and with an Australian-style points system to limit immigration"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Prince George appears on a postage stamp for the first time

Guardian Australian Sport:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I thought this was going to be something on assisted dying for a start, but looks like that's been kicked well into the long grass.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

The future is very scary regardless of which side wins the EU referendum because the Tories will still be in charge. A good cartoon.

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda
Wait, who looks at Australia's immigration situation and says "that's what we want?" Oh, right... him.
Still adorable, though. Little horrible wall-eyed chew-toy cartoon man vein-chugging toxic urine

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the London mayoral elections – The Tories were criticised in the Commons today for claiming Labour’s London mayoral candidate Sadiq Khan supports Islamic extremists"

Telegraph:

Queen's 90th birthday: Beacons lit amid UK celebrations

Independent:

US election 2016: Trump and Clinton win New York primaries

Times:

And a bonus Paul Thomas:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Turns out Thomas just needed to retire to start drawing something worthwhile. Good on him.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Well, I was not expecting that.

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH
What the gently caress!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Lighten up sour puss made me smile

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

I've been needing some Paul Thomas in my life

My joy knows no bounds

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Thomas is really into tattoos!

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I don't know what to think anymore. :psyduck: It's like when someone becomes a born-again Christian super hard, but completely the opposite direction.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Pretty apt metaphor. It's enjoyable watching such a Tory trainwreck in action.

Cloud Potato posted:

And a bonus Paul Thomas:

:chanpop:

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

:commissar:
Queen is straight badman.

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Stupid people are great at winning arguments, because they're too stupid to realize they've lost.
The skulls on the flags are a particularly nice touch.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
That and her racist Prince Philip tat.

Guavanaut fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Apr 22, 2016

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
I don't understand, but I like.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on David Cameron, the Queen and Barack Obama – Cameron listed the Queen’s achievement in meeting a quarter of all US presidents, and giving counsel to 12 prime ministers – while keeping his fingers crossed she wouldn’t be adding to that number any time soon"

Telegraph:

Independent:

The i paper:

Times:

After Annie Leibovitz.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Guardian Opinion cartoon Martin Rowson on Barack Obama and Boris Johnson – London mayor accused of dog-whistle racism for quoting claims that US president’s ‘part-Kenyan’ heritage had driven him towards anti-British sentiment"

Telegraph:

Times:

Stephen Collins:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Brexit campaigners take their lead from Prince - Chris Riddell on the EU referendum"

Sunday Telegraph:

Indepndent:

After Jean-Baptise Le Paon (4th image down)

Barack Obama says Brexit would leave UK at the 'back of the queue' on trade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

Cloud Potato posted:

Sunday Telegraph:

Find it amusing that even though Bob is ANGRY at Obama he still cannot help being aggressively mediocre