Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Or they printed enough of #5 the first time around that it didn't need to go to reprints. Not everything is a big ol' conspiracy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

... or is everything?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

Or they printed enough of #5 the first time around that it didn't need to go to reprints. Not everything is a big ol' conspiracy.

Oh my god this goes all the way up to Endless Mike.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
All I know is my guy said he's out of both 4 and 5 at both his stores and that he can't keep them on the shelf.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

zoux posted:

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Edge & Christian posted:

His Wildcats 3.0 was better but dragged things out insanely and ended after 20-odd issues but WAS JUST GETTING WARMED UP.

I loved his wild cats and it really was just getting warmed up, from what I can remember. I haven't read it in years, but I'm pretty sure that right before he had to wrap everything up way too quickly, all the pieces were on the board and the big conflict was just about to kick into gear.

I really need to go through Wildcats again.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

zoux posted:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Rhyno posted:

I know Joe C's terrible band played a party at the Chicago con once.

????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTH0YtATqK4&t=133s

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Joe C we were talking about!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Rhyno posted:

The Joe C we were talking about!

Like I'm gonna pass a chance to reference Kid Rock's dead midget rapper pal.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
After reading some squirrel girl i wanted to read some more funny meta stuff so I picked up Gwenpool even though I don't read any of the spider or deadpool books and I actually ended up really liking it. I normally would think the art would be kinda too cartoony for my taste but it fits the tone of the book well. I guess she's a brand new character and I know nothing about the writer so hopefully it'll stay good.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

site posted:

After reading some squirrel girl i wanted to read some more funny meta stuff so I picked up Gwenpool even though I don't read any of the spider or deadpool books and I actually ended up really liking it. I normally would think the art would be kinda too cartoony for my taste but it fits the tone of the book well. I guess she's a brand new character and I know nothing about the writer so hopefully it'll stay good.

I will also highly recommend Hellcat if you want more stuff like Squirrel Girl.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

site posted:

Do you read Howard the Duck?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Howard the Duck also had the backups where Gwenpool was introduced.

Howard the Duck is great.

Picklepuss
Jul 12, 2002

Codependent Poster posted:

Howard the Duck also had the backups where Gwenpool was introduced.

Howard the Duck is great.
I'll only read Howard when and if they bring Beverly Switzler back as his girlfriend. :colbert:

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Cool I'll check out Hellcat and Howard!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Picklepuss posted:

I'll only read Howard when and if they bring Beverly Switzler back as his girlfriend. :colbert:

Guess what the last page of the issue before the crossover was?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

bobkatt013 posted:

This is my face while I'm loving you in the rear end :kiddo:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

zoux posted:

This is my face while I'm loving you in the rear end :kiddo:

Stop reading Playduck

Picklepuss
Jul 12, 2002

bobkatt013 posted:

What? Seriously? Is she back? :wth:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Picklepuss posted:

What? Seriously? Is she back? :wth:

Howard the Duck 5

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I love that he thought of "home" and it took him to Beverly. :unsmith:

Picklepuss
Jul 12, 2002

bobkatt013 posted:

Howard the Duck 5

Little Mac posted:

I love that he thought of "home" and it took him to Beverly. :unsmith:
Oh my. Yes... yes, I will be buying Howard the Duck #6.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Picklepuss posted:

Oh my. Yes... yes, I will be buying Howard the Duck #6.

6 is the crossover, 7 is the adventure in the savage land, and 8 is the Beverly issue, unless the blurb at the end is just loving with us which is possible.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I've never read Howard the Duck in my life, is that supposed to be Lea Thompson's character.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

zoux posted:

I've never read Howard the Duck in my life, is that supposed to be Lea Thompson's character.

Yes.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

zoux posted:

Yes, and you should read Howard the duck. Start with the original series as its prime Gerber.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Hey I'm lazy, who was the first person to post about needing Vision #5?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

bobkatt013 posted:

6 is the crossover, 7 is the adventure in the savage land, and 8 is the Beverly issue, unless the blurb at the end is just loving with us which is possible.

You should read #6 anyway, though. And buy last month's Squirrel Girl to catch up beforehand. It has Kraven's airbrushed panel van.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Gaz-L posted:

You should read #6 anyway, though. And buy last month's Squirrel Girl to catch up beforehand. It has Kraven's airbrushed panel Kravan.

That's really why I read comic books.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Kraven ending up close friends with Squirrel Girl gives me the greatest joy in the world.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Hey I'm lazy, who was the first person to post about needing Vision #5?

Ferrule posted:

Hey - I haven't been to my LCS in a while. When I went yesterday, they were out of Vision #4 & #5. I've added it to my pull list so this won't happen again. But, I'd like to read those two issues before I read #6. Anyone have floppies they'd be willing to sell? I don't like digital, prefer to own full runs, and can't find any (or any reasonably priced, really eBay, 9 bucks for issue 4?) on-line. Or do any of you insiders know if they're being re-printed? Thanks.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
What he said. (thanks)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Ferrule posted:

What he said. (thanks)

I can supply you with the #5 for fairly cheap. I only have #4 in 2nd printing though. PM me if you're interested.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Oh my God. Today's Howard the Duck was the funniest thing I have read in a long time.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I felt the same about today's Spider-Man/Deadpool. Joe Kelly is an amazing man. From the image inducer to the double "date" to the dancing. And then that last page just sneaks right up on you.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Codependent Poster posted:

Oh my God. Today's Howard the Duck was the funniest thing I have read in a long time.

EAT BREAD KICK HEAD

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Rhyno posted:

EAT BREAD KICK HEAD

How dare you! My less interesting, less powerful suit!

Case closed!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I'm not crazy, by the way, right? The end of this week's New Avengers was a deliberate shout-out to Jay & Miles (of Xplaining the X-Men fame), right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rhyno posted:

EAT BREAD KICK HEAD

EVERYONE LOVES THE BIG GUY

• Locked thread