Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

Goatman Sacks posted:

[img]nice[img] [video]tags[video] [dickpics]idiot[dickpics]
:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK
I like how phorde is flying so many ships that they are choking the barrels of our guns. Also the mass entosis thing seems exceedingly obvious and the Zergy type of strategy that we should have been doing this past month.

It kind of seems like our defense has been low energy.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

quote:

The reason that a lot of people have become a lot more grr goons since this war slaughter began is that after taking one or two welps you started doing nothing but "clown shoe god drat sword fleet poo poo" (Sapporo Jones 2016). A lot of people are actually kind of disgusted at Mittani for deliberately denying content and big fights in a futile (that's important btw) attempt to hold on to his space empire (and multi-shekel media caliphate). When TEST was in a similar position to where goons are now - i.e. getting deep dicked by an overwhelming force - we said "eh, gently caress it" and went down in a blaze of glory in a futile attempt to hold 6VDT, as opposed to hiding in lowsec or NPC null and posting about how we're winning the war with the hope of the hostile coalition disbanding and letting us take back our space. Instead of playing smart and using all of the ways that entities can perform well when fighting outnumbered in fozziesov, we're seeing the second largest (p. sure we're bigger at this point) and easily the richest coalition in eve reduced to flying loving interceptors and Caracals. What happened to your new Baltec fleet? What happened to your AHAC T3s? Why did you stop doing Machs? All of those doctrines (except for baltecfleet, because lol megas in this meta) can be insanely effective when outnumbered - as Lowsec Voltron proved to you when you tried to take their poo poo. Instead of actually trying to adapt and get better, Mittani is trying to ~~~~metagame~~~~ us into submission by hoping we get bored of taking all your poo poo.
Oh, and people hate your leadership for harbouring a turbo-shitler who doxxes people.

mods please change my name to multi-shekel media caliphate tia

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

Torpor posted:

I like how phorde is flying so many ships that they are choking the barrels of our guns.

I don't understand your metaphor. Like can you not undock ships anymore? Is your f1 key broke?

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

cravius posted:

mods please change my name to multi-shekel media caliphate tia

Not doxxing turbo-shitler?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
What is the learning boosters thing?

And having to buy the skill books now explains to me why I searched for some skills to train and they were not in my list and I had to buy them from the market. That is a bit difficult to get.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Goatman Sacks posted:

Not doxxing turbo-shitler?

It was a hard choice

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

VideoGames posted:

And having to buy the skill books now explains to me why I searched for some skills to train and they were not in my list and I had to buy them from the market. That is a bit difficult to get.

At least you don't have to carry them around anymore while training. And you have a skill queue. And the queue extends past 24 hours.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

VideoGames posted:

Either jita or one of the newbie systems(such as the one you started in should have a good selection of books. Jita will be a bit more expensive but everything you could want will be there.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Richard Bong posted:

Either jita or one of the newbie systems(such as the one you started in should have a good selection of books. Jita will be a bit more expensive but everything you could want will be there.

A school system will have every skill a new player needs. If a school system doesn't have it, you don't need it until you really know what you're doing.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Orange Red Bull posted:

Lets look at two other regions where people 'live' in their space: Fountain and Querious, they arent blue with their neighbors but all moons, decent truesec, etc. have been divvied up and NIPS/NAPS put into place.

They small gang roam and shoot each other in frigates. These guys space is soo safe they can leave for months to come north and do the MBC thing.

In fact they have to leave their space to find 'fights' because nobody fights locally at least over anything that matters. Same as it ever was.

i kinda like it because it's like the city-state leagues from the classics, like the delian league or what have you

instead of having one major blob you have a bunch of entities who kinda chill together and are allied strategically, but also shoot at each other, camp gates, and gank each other

it's better than the map being 1/3 russian, 1/3 cfc, and 1/3 n3

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Landsknecht posted:

it's better than the map being 1/3 russian, 1/3 cfc and 1/3 n3

well its about to go back to this so..

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Torpor posted:

I like how phorde is flying so many ships that they are choking the barrels of our guns. Also the mass entosis thing seems exceedingly obvious and the Zergy type of strategy that we should have been doing this past month.

It kind of seems like our defense has been low energy.

If I recall correctly, FozzieSov rewards this type of attacker strategy and due to the nature of how defensive hacking works (only certain groups who 'own' the links can counter-hack) it puts the burden of defense on one entity. For example, GSF can't help FCON by counter-hacking any FCON entosis and vice versa, but basically everybody in the entire MBC can hack entosis links regardless of who owns them. Therefore, choking gun barrels with massive numbers of people - whose losses can all be reimbursed thanks to the extremely generous purse strings of MBC - is an effective strategy. Ironically enough, you could probably consider it to be a classic GSF tactic.

As for why defense is low-energy (:smugdon:), GSF has been reduced from a sovereign power to an insurgency. Because the MBC as a whole possesses the Apex Force regarding the size of their supercapital fleet, GSF can't risk a super-cap engagement because 1) it would end horribly for GSF 2) give the enemy exactly what they want and 3) tank morale in a big way because r/eve would become even more insufferable than it already is for the foreseeable future. For similar reasons, GSF can't really risk a large-scale engagement either - with its sovereignty fading away rapidly, a lot of the income from moongoo and ratters is fading away as well. Regularly reimbursing 100+ billion ISK fleets is definitely a planned-upon expense, but it would be ideal if these 100+ billion ISK fleets were used to fight winnable battles. The war chest needs to be maintained for future engagements as well as for the expense that Citadels will incur as well. Right now, with the entirely of the MBC waiting for a 'gudfite', there really isn't an ideal scenario for GSF to go on a high-energy defensive operation. The 'gudfites' for the MBC will almost inevitably end with GSF getting curbstomped as it's really hard to overcome 3:1 odds and the ever-present threat of escalation via supercaps.

The best strategy available to GSF right now - one that they appear to be employing - is to simply deny the enemy fights and bide their strength while launching guerrilla strikes on unsuspecting idiots as a way to bleed the enemy while they are the occupying force. By making the very act of maintaining sov in Deklein an absolute hell for the people who will occupy it - which is likely not going to be PL or NC. unless somehow holding sov in nullsec will come with massive enough benefits for them to move out of lowsec - GSF wants to make it extremely unattractive space.

The way I see it, this part of the war - grinding GSF's sov into oblivion - is really only the first phase. Even when Deklein changes from yellow over to whatever motley Verite decides upon, the war is far from over.

All of this is just my opinion/conjecture, however. I don't play this game, but I follow its goings-on with enough attention to make some casual observations about the state of things from afar. I have absolutely zero inside knowledge, except what I can divine from open sources.

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi
You guys spend waaay too much time thinking of words to make this game sound dramatic and exciting.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

that's a really big post just to say we're turning Dek into afghangoonistan

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

mpaarating posted:

You guys spend waaay too much time thinking of words to make this game sound dramatic and exciting.

:shrug: Thinking this way comes naturally to me and it didn't take me very long?

ChickenWing posted:

Yep. That's pretty much the angle I was going for.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

mpaarating posted:

I wish you could do the same to your posts to make them exciting.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

ChickenWing posted:

cloudring was, and always will be, afgoonistan

xzh, post delve, more scraps with evZEROke, finally taking the place, then leaving the place

graveyard of goon empires

Daspied
Jul 2, 2009
Honestly the social cleansing is exactly what Goon-swarm needed. There are way too many white knights preaching orders from their ivory towers pretending to be invincible; while simultaneously accepting any mouth breathing neck-beard that can spin a ship to rat for the massive RMT empire. Maybe, just maybe you will be able to get some of the old pvp talent and FC's back now -- of course the leadership would still have to change first. Although the true cultural downfall of Goon-swarm though was after Darius resigned, and then only widened after B-R.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Daspied posted:

Honestly the social cleansing is exactly what Goon-swarm needed. There are way too many white knights preaching orders from their ivory towers pretending to be invincible; while simultaneously accepting any mouth breathing neck-beard that can spin a ship to rat for the massive RMT empire. Maybe, just maybe you will be able to get some of the old pvp talent and FC's back now -- of course the leadership would still have to change first. Although the true cultural downfall of Goon-swarm though was after Darius resigned, and then only widened after B-R.

"goon-swarm"

preaches about the cultural downfall of "goon-swarm"

heh

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

vyst posted:

I wish you could do the same to your posts to make them exciting.

I tried that and it made me edgy and cool and I didn't recognize myself anymore.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

VideoGames posted:

Let's say you want to train a skill. There will be two attributes, a primary and a secondary. The higher your attributes score is in these two stats, the faster you train that skill. You can remap your attributes occasionally, I think it is once per year or something.

Implants directly increase these attribute scores. For long skills, this can take days off one level 5 skill.

The real unit of currency in Eve is time. So doing what you can to train skills faster is a good thing.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
The other major currency is :effort:

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Daspied posted:

Accepting anyone with a pulse is PL's shtick.

Also, how can someone simultaneously ship spin and rat at the same time?

Zethe
Jun 30, 2012
My co-worker has gone from literally frothing at the mouth grr goons to telling me he's leaving PH due to constant whelps, no SRP and goons being boring to fight.

Cultural victory?

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Zethe posted:

My co-worker has gone from literally frothing at the mouth grr goons to telling me he's leaving PH due to constant whelps, no SRP and goons being boring to fight.

Cultural victory?

if pandemic horde is the alliance beating you, you have a serious problem

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Zethe posted:

Cultural victory?

I really really really hope he died to blops at some point :smugdog:

Like horde is making a big deal about how "Fleet ships are handed out so no need for reimbursement" but we've been killing non fleet crap by the truckload and it's great.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer

Zethe posted:

Cultural victory?

OP Success, one pubbie from the meatgrinder at a time.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

CainFortea posted:

Accepting anyone with a pulse is PL's shtick.

That's not true -- otherwise they would have taken Lemba. Believe it or not, there are some levels even PL won't sink to.

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK

LuiCypher posted:

If I recall correctly, FozzieSov rewards this type of attacker strategy and due to the nature of how defensive hacking works (only certain groups who 'own' the links can counter-hack) it puts the burden of defense on one entity. For example, GSF can't help FCON by counter-hacking any FCON entosis and vice versa, but basically everybody in the entire MBC can hack entosis links regardless of who owns them. Therefore, choking gun barrels with massive numbers of people - whose losses can all be reimbursed thanks to the extremely generous purse strings of MBC - is an effective strategy. Ironically enough, you could probably consider it to be a classic GSF tactic.

As for why defense is low-energy (:smugdon:), GSF has been reduced from a sovereign power to an insurgency. Because the MBC as a whole possesses the Apex Force regarding the size of their supercapital fleet, GSF can't risk a super-cap engagement because 1) it would end horribly for GSF 2) give the enemy exactly what they want and 3) tank morale in a big way because r/eve would become even more insufferable than it already is for the foreseeable future. For similar reasons, GSF can't really risk a large-scale engagement either - with its sovereignty fading away rapidly, a lot of the income from moongoo and ratters is fading away as well. Regularly reimbursing 100+ billion ISK fleets is definitely a planned-upon expense, but it would be ideal if these 100+ billion ISK fleets were used to fight winnable battles. The war chest needs to be maintained for future engagements as well as for the expense that Citadels will incur as well. Right now, with the entirely of the MBC waiting for a 'gudfite', there really isn't an ideal scenario for GSF to go on a high-energy defensive operation. The 'gudfites' for the MBC will almost inevitably end with GSF getting curbstomped as it's really hard to overcome 3:1 odds and the ever-present threat of escalation via supercaps.

The best strategy available to GSF right now - one that they appear to be employing - is to simply deny the enemy fights and bide their strength while launching guerrilla strikes on unsuspecting idiots as a way to bleed the enemy while they are the occupying force. By making the very act of maintaining sov in Deklein an absolute hell for the people who will occupy it - which is likely not going to be PL or NC. unless somehow holding sov in nullsec will come with massive enough benefits for them to move out of lowsec - GSF wants to make it extremely unattractive space.

The way I see it, this part of the war - grinding GSF's sov into oblivion - is really only the first phase. Even when Deklein changes from yellow over to whatever motley Verite decides upon, the war is far from over.

All of this is just my opinion/conjecture, however. I don't play this game, but I follow its goings-on with enough attention to make some casual observations about the state of things from afar. I have absolutely zero inside knowledge, except what I can divine from open sources.

I don't think we are conserving strength and we are exchanging unfavorably. We need cheaper ships to welp.

With regards to phorde I was referring to the strategy I think I was confusing them with test or something. I was referencing their strategy of handing out a huge amount of entosis links to a fleet to contest the command nodes.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Zethe posted:

Cultural victory?

It's almost like PH is a meatshield and slave labor for PL who don't want to do the dirty work of ~entosising~ or ~ratting~.

Zethe
Jun 30, 2012

Rhymenoserous posted:

I really really really hope he died to blops at some point :smugdog:

Like horde is making a big deal about how "Fleet ships are handed out so no need for reimbursement" but we've been killing non fleet crap by the truckload and it's great.

He did mention hating bombers.

Cefte
Sep 18, 2004

tranquil consciousness
is vee still playing

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Torpor posted:

I don't think we are conserving strength and we are exchanging unfavorably. We need cheaper ships to welp.

With regards to phorde I was referring to the strategy I think I was confusing them with test or something. I was referencing their strategy of handing out a huge amount of entosis links to a fleet to contest the command nodes.

Next thing you know well be flying cormorants in deklein and pure blind.
Maybe we should base in x70 too.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Torpor posted:

Everyone needs to learn the art of cloak warfare. 25 dudes can make an entire region difficult if they know what they are doing. 60 dudes can make it unlivable. Blackops has killed far more poo poo than it's lost so far, and on top of it we've been freeporting stations in fade with little to no resistance (We just dropped sov in a system last night, and there are more to follow). From my understanding reavers is enjoying similar success.

We should give space violence a constelation and tell them "Everything you do there is strategic" then do double payouts on entosis svipuls or whatever. Just form goons up in squads of 60 and set them loose on a constellation.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer

Landsknecht posted:

if pandemic horde is the alliance beating you, you have a serious problem

Well, this would be relevant if they were what's 'beating' us, but the reality is that the spectre of the combined MBC super fleet is what's forcing us to cede sov, as we can't deploy proper mainfleet/capital fleets in defense with the threat of being out escalated. PHorde is just extra insurance for them by being a meatshield, extra bodies to entosis poo poo, and I suppose being tackle for big engagements

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Cefte posted:

is vee still playing

i think he came back for like an afternoon, said "gently caress this," and peaced out

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Glory of Arioch posted:

Dear Mittani, It boggles my mind as to why people follow your lame 150 pound soaking wet rear end. You are a pathological liar, a narsasist, ugly excuse of a man, Lance Bass hairstyle from the 90s N*Sync wearing, lame, nerdy pile of worthless poo poo. You tried skimming money for a book for your own profit, which you will deny. You generate traffic to TMC and pocket the cash while paying your writers in isk. I mean seriously, dethrone this clown , elect someone worth a gently caress or just disband the corp / alliance as a whole. The people finally figured out that as a whole they can beat down the bully and the war is a loss. Now you have countless people with their assets locked up in places they will never get back unless they switch sides to MBC. I mean idk I'm ranting for sure but how dumb can people be? THE GUY IS A MORON WITH NO REAL QUALIFICATION TO HOLD THE POSITION THATBHE HAS. I mean technically no one does, but I promise you there are countless people that can. poo poo, I could end this war in a week and make everyone happy. But hey, sit in station and blue ball MBC because that is all you can do. Just quit lying to your line members and act like poo poo will get better. You lost the war, CFCs reign is over. Try again in a year when CFC gets their poo poo together. And for the record I take no favor on either side of the war, just calling the blatent obvious.
tldr; The mittani is a Jew, and not the good king ratting in JU- kind.

:wth:
How can people be so disconnected from reality and so invested in a game? That guy needs serious mental help.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

ullerrm posted:

That's not true -- otherwise they would have taken Lemba. Believe it or not, there are some levels even PL won't sink to.

:drat:

Where did lemba go?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

God dammit, everyone in this thread and reddit act like my 1 year old.

Just because you can scream at the top of your lungs, doesn't mean that you should. Also, don't scream while I'm asleep. It fucks me off.

• Locked thread