Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Worth it if we get Kenan and Kal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Rhyno posted:

Absolutely nothing in any of the books that had "Countdown" in the title were good at all.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

I think the costume looks alright here, and also

Aphrodite posted:

wow drat, this better be on purpose.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Aphrodite posted:

Fuuuuuuuuuuck

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrgx-I-LTGc

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
DC solicits for July are up. Nothing really jumping out at me.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Wait, there's a hero in Gotham City named Gotham? And he looks like poo poo? OK.

and a Frank Cho WW cover? Oh boy!

the Jill Thompson WW GN sounds cool. Even though I've had my fill of WW origin stories, and Rucka doing one himself isn't helping.

Interesting that the final issue of Batman isn't being collected in that HC.

How are adult coloring books still a thing.

lol:

redbackground fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Apr 18, 2016

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

Selling the complete Omega Men in a $25 trade is really cool. Hope people check it out.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Madkal posted:

Nothing really jumping out at me.

Eradicator, son!

e: Some DCYou series are still going?!
Doc Fate is on #14 and doesn't say Final Issue.
New Suicide Squad and Harley are the only ones that do, but I guess they're getting replaced sooner than Batman Beyond, Deathstroke, Earth 2 and Teen Titans.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Apr 18, 2016

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
This solicits are loving with my mind

quote:

ACTION COMICS #959
Written by DAN JURGENS
Art by TYLER KIRKHAM
Covers by CLAY MANN
Variant covers by RYAN SOOK
Retailers: These issues will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details.
“PATH TO DOOM” Chapter Three: Clark Kent gets caught in the crossfire as Doomsday crashes through the streets of Metropolis! As Lois struggles to keep young Jonathan out of the path of destruction, can former enemies Superman and Lex Luthor stop the monster that once destroyed the city and killed the Man of Steel—or does Luthor have other plans?

ACTION COMICS #960
Written by DAN JURGENS
Art by TYLER KIRKHAM
Covers by CLAY MANN
Variant covers by RYAN SOOK
Retailers: These issues will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details.
“PATH TO DOOM” Chapter Four: Wonder Woman joins the fight, but even her added might can’t slow down Doomsday’s rampage! As Superman comes face-to-face with the woman who once loved him, the Man of Tomorrow must also wrestle with the reappearance of Clark Kent.

:psyduck: The one who loved WW was SuperBro, not pre FP Superdad.

Also

quote:

RED HOOD AND THE OUTLAWS: REBIRTH #1
Written by SCOTT LOBDELL
Art by DEXTER SOY
Cover by GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI and CAM SMITH
Variant cover by BENGAL
Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details.
When a shocking encounter with Batman solidifies the Red Hood’s status as a villain, Jason Todd goes deep undercover to take down Gotham City’s criminal underworld from the inside. Along the way, Jason meets two unlikely allies: a disgraced Amazon warrior named Artemis and a half-baked Superman clone called Bizarro—and the DCU’s “Dark Trinity” is born!
On sale JULY 27 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T+

So I guess Jason is working for Bruce after all

goldenoreos
Jan 5, 2012

Take care of my animals while I'm gone
Oh they're going back to the #93837382 numbering for some of their comics. Gonna ignore those then.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Teenage Fansub posted:

Eradicator, son!

e: Some DCYou series are still going?!
Doc Fate is on #14 and doesn't say Final Issue.
New Suicide Squad and Harley are the only ones that do, but I guess they're getting replaced sooner than Batman Beyond, Deathstroke, Earth 2 and Teen Titans.

I know that they said that Prez Vol.2 or whatever will get released near the elections or some such BS but I still won't believe it til I see it. Has the trade been selling well enough?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

This solicits are loving with my mind
:psyduck: The one who loved WW was SuperBro, not pre FP Superdad.
It says 'the Woman who once loved him'. IE Wonder Woman loved Superman, not the other way around.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

goldenoreos posted:

Oh they're going back to the #93837382 numbering for some of their comics. Gonna ignore those then.

Just Action and Detective, so they can hit 1000 issues in a few years. I'm sure they'll get reset back to #1s soon after.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Madkal posted:

I know that they said that Prez Vol.2 or whatever will get released near the elections or some such BS but I still won't believe it til I see it. Has the trade been selling well enough?

Who needs it? We got The Flintstones instead!
Flintstones is gonna be sweet.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

redbackground posted:

the Jill Thompson WW GN sounds cool. Even though I've had my fill of WW origin stories, and Rucka doing one himself isn't helping.]

I thought about giving WW Year One a pass, but it might at least start post-Island.

I think I'm more interested in the Barrowman vanity project than I am any Green Arrow book in years. Which doesn't say much for the latter.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

Madkal posted:

DC solicits for July are up. Nothing really jumping out at me.

Looking at the Teen Titans Rebirth and Teen Titans #22 covers (I guess TT isn't resetting its count?), that cover looks like it has the current team including Tim (who we know for sure is leaving for Damian) and no Kid Flash or Starfire. Does Rebirth have a different team than the actual ongoing book, or does the cover randomly have the old team?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

The Rebirth TT series is coming later. No idea why they didn't just finish on Greg Pak's story.

Several DCYou series seem to be going right up until they get replaced, or just not stopping in June/July, though I can't imagine there'll be more than one more issue after these solicits for stuff like Doctor Fate.
There were way less "Final Issue"'s in the last two months than expected.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Apr 18, 2016

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

redbackground posted:

the Jill Thompson WW GN sounds cool. Even though I've had my fill of WW origin stories, and Rucka doing one himself isn't helping.

5 origin stories in 12 months does seem a bit much.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

Teenage Fansub posted:

The Rebirth TT series is coming later. No idea why they didn't just finish on Greg Pak's story.

Several DCYou series seem to be going right up until they get replaced, or just not stopping in June/July, though I can't imagine there'll be more than one more issue after these solicits for stuff like Doctor Fate.

Presumably Kid Flash has to exist first for him to get recruited by Damian. As it is it's going to be a pretty short turnover.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

Teenage Fansub posted:

How... strangely confusing. I mean I can't complain that the DCYou books are getting a bit more time to wrap up, and it might feel a bit weird to wrap up the current TT with Pak's Wondergirl arc before she, Power Girl, and Bunker disappear from DC for a while, but the DCYou July solicits don't really sound "Final Issue-y" to me either, so I don't really know what Teen Titans gets from another 3 issue arc :shrug:.

burnishedfume fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Apr 19, 2016

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

If anyone wants to catch up on Earth 2, it's all on sale.
https://www.comixology.com/Earth-2-Sale/page/10429?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC9kZXNrdG9wL2xhcmdlQ2Fyb3VzZWw

e: Well, Worlds' Finest cuts off at the end of the PG+Huntress issues for some reason. Weird.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

goldenoreos posted:

Why?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Teenage Fansub posted:

e: Well, Worlds' Finest cuts off at the end of the PG+Huntress issues for some reason. Weird.

Just as well, it was trash after that anyway and the PG+Huntress issues were nothing special either.

Heathen
Sep 11, 2001

Because BIG NUMBERS, man. Don't you get it?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/articles/preview-superman-lois-and-clark-7/1100-155323/

...and that was the end of Jon Kent's young life.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Man, those action figures look so lovely. And not in the expected way just those lines all over them look like rear end.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 40 hours!

Why does the Superman action figure's hand open and shut?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Same switch that turns his underpants blue to red.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Mr Hootington posted:

Why does the Superman action figure's hand open and shut?

Jon Kent used his super-speed to switch the figure's included swappable hands faster than the eye could see.

I'll take my No-Prize now- aw, crap, wrong publisher...

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 40 hours!

Teenage Fansub posted:

Same switch that turns his underpants blue to red.

I see the flash comes with one for his lighting bolts too.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

The li'l Kryptonian is one of Superman's tiny clones that he can shoot out of his hands, enlisted to entertain his son.
The tiny Flash gains speed force the more it moves, which makes lightning bolts appear.
...those came to mind way too quickly. I'll go read a serious book now.

goldenoreos
Jan 5, 2012

I find it overwhelming and outdated. There's really no good reason to go back to old numbering when this is a new universe with new (old) characters (though having old Superman now in the New52 world just makes things more confusing and eye-rolling). Plus it makes it even harder for me to recommend comics to friends when those Pak Action Comics are no longer Forty something but now 9230842302 out of a billion.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Well Superman is the old Superman again. And Batman always was the one where everything actually happened to him. Well depending on who you asked at what time of the day you asked them.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Looking at the synposis for the Superwoman series.

Are they REALLY ripping off Jane Foster's Thor that blatantly?

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

goldenoreos posted:

I find it overwhelming and outdated. There's really no good reason to go back to old numbering when this is a new universe with new (old) characters (though having old Superman now in the New52 world just makes things more confusing and eye-rolling). Plus it makes it even harder for me to recommend comics to friends when those Pak Action Comics are no longer Forty something but now 9230842302 out of a billion.

If your friends get confused by saying something like 940-950 then they've got other problems. If they ask "why do I start with 940" you just tell them that's a recent story arc that's a good place to jump on. The same way you'd handle it if they asked "why do I start with #40?" That third digit can't be that complicated.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

goldenoreos posted:

Those Pak Action comics have ended, so that won't be that confusing :)

e: Though yeah. If Rebirth ends up recommendable, you might have to say "Read Convergence: Superman, Lois and Clark, then the last two issues of New 52 Superman, Action Comics, Batman/Superman and Batman/Wonder Woman, then Rebirth Special, Superman Rebirth #1 and start on Rebirth Superman #1 and Action Comics ##957" Heh.

e: Was the old 80's Invasion any good? New trade is out https://www.comixology.com/Invasion-Secret-No-More/digital-comic/358385?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC9kZXNrdG9wL3NsaWRlckxpc3QvMTA4NTc
And were the original issues eighty pages? It says this is 254pages for three issues.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Apr 20, 2016

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Or you can say "Read these two graphic novels DC has published containing everything you'll need to know."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goldenoreos
Jan 5, 2012

Two Tone Shoes posted:

If your friends get confused by saying something like 940-950 then they've got other problems. If they ask "why do I start with 940" you just tell them that's a recent story arc that's a good place to jump on. The same way you'd handle it if they asked "why do I start with #40?" That third digit can't be that complicated.

An extra zero makes all the difference honestly to non comic readers. I ran a comic club for a while and that was honestly one of the things that kept newer readers confused. There really is no added benefit in the long run for going back to the numbering since the beginning system.