Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Wow had I known you had a liverto I would have killed you more the other day. loving sorcs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Hy_C posted:

Wow had I known you had a liverto I would have killed you more the other day. loving sorcs.

Wasn't wearing it then fam! Last night I put effort into upgrading the liverto.

However my DP is terrible at 112.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Ensign, raise the beariscope.

Where does one even acquire Liverto, that poo poo is never on the marketplace.

While we're on the subject of gear upgrades and power-building, how much can you trust the class guides on Black Desert Foundry? None of their information so far has been outright wrong, but I noticed that some of their beginner guides have outdated UI screenshots and whatnot. Grabbing a set of basic Grunil at their recommendation was cheap enough that I didn't have to think twice, but before I sink too much more money into my tamer's gear I want to make sure I'm at least decently informed.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Your Loyal Vizier posted:

Where does one even acquire Liverto, that poo poo is never on the marketplace.

While we're on the subject of gear upgrades and power-building, how much can you trust the class guides on Black Desert Foundry? None of their information so far has been outright wrong, but I noticed that some of their beginner guides have outdated UI screenshots and whatnot. Grabbing a set of basic Grunil at their recommendation was cheap enough that I didn't have to think twice, but before I sink too much more money into my tamer's gear I want to make sure I'm at least decently informed.

I bought mine from the marketplace using the notification system, which isn't necessary but I used it for the off chance that I missed the server wide announcement. People complain about bots and sniping of the items, but there is a bid system that protects people on popular poo poo like a Liverto.

In my case the amulet went public after 15 minutes and market place took bids for 10 seconds, it ended when I won. Bidding isn't like saying you will pay more, but a random assignment from the pool of bidders. People on reddit and the official forums think there is bid fail stacking, but it is most likely just pure RNG.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Snatch Duster posted:

I bought mine from the marketplace using the notification system, which isn't necessary but I used it for the off chance that I missed the server wide announcement. People complain about bots and sniping of the items, but there is a bid system that protects people on popular poo poo like a Liverto.

In my case the amulet went public after 15 minutes and market place took bids for 10 seconds, it ended when I won. Bidding isn't like saying you will pay more, but a random assignment from the pool of bidders. People on reddit and the official forums think there is such things as bid fail stacking, but it is most likely just pure RNG.

Thanks! I have the server wide announcements turned off because they got really spammy and annoying, and they're totally irrelevant to a new person. This bid system sounds like it's just the ticket, I need to look into that. What is the notification system you used?

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Meanwhile I failed at upgrading my +13 liverto 16 times in a row after getting like 24 failstacks first. Spent 13.5m in memory fragments just to repair it and now have a 40 failstack on one character. :negative:

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
420 force upgrade every day

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

Clocks posted:

Meanwhile I failed at upgrading my +13 liverto 16 times in a row after getting like 24 failstacks first. Spent 13.5m in memory fragments just to repair it and now have a 40 failstack on one character. :negative:

Might be superstition talking but after I got the PRI DUO...What? title my enchant rate went up by a lot as it should since people say the title increases enchant success. Worth spending an hour getting it imo. Get a nice stack of weapon or armor stones (weapon would be cheaper and faster) and enchant white shield offhands or reblath armor to safe, then extract and do it over again. Do this 500 times :effort:

crazystray
Aug 7, 2005
Grow or die.

The Quake posted:

Might be superstition talking but after I got the PRI DUO...What? title my enchant rate went up by a lot as it should since people say the title increases enchant success. Worth spending an hour getting it imo. Get a nice stack of weapon or armor stones (weapon would be cheaper and faster) and enchant white shield offhands or reblath armor to safe, then extract and do it over again. Do this 500 times :effort:

I hate you for suggesting this. Now I have to go do it.

This is easily the most superstitious game I have ever played.

:iiam:

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Finally got a few tier 4 horses up to 25. First breeding:

Ugliest t5 horse award (also the slowest). It's a female though, which is nice. Breeding protip: you know how you can only put up a horse on the breeding market once every 6 hours? Yeah, change channels and put up horses as much as you want. Breeding #2 is on the way, then I'll exchange one of the pairs. :)

Clocks fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Apr 18, 2016

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

crazystray posted:

Haha. I was just talking to a friend this weekend about how these stupid superstitions used to be such an integral part of schoolyard videogame culture (back in the pre-GameFAQs era), and how it gets a little boring knowing everything there is to know after one google search.

Looks like school is back in session.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

crazystray posted:

Wait until you hear this simple trick Russians use to enchant their stuff in desolate areas. Spergs hate it!

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Clocks posted:

This happened because of your negative world view and poor treatment of your fellow mumblers.

You have negative IRL karma, go grind in a nursing home for a few hours.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Clocks posted:

Finally got a few tier 4 horses up to 25. First breeding:

Ugliest t5 horse award (also the slowest). It's a female though, which is nice. Breeding protip: you know how you can only put up a horse on the breeding market once every 6 hours? Yeah, change channels and put up horses as much as you want. Breeding #2 is on the way, then I'll exchange one of the pairs. :)

Rofl. Thanks for the tip, just bred a new T4 mare to mate with my T6 male!

Only Slightly Bent
Jul 6, 2013

kalstrams posted:

Wait until you hear this simple trick Russians use to enchant their stuff in desolate areas. Spergs hate it!

I heard from a very unreliable source that when both angel wings and a fish head are worn, you'll have a noticeably increased chance to successfully enhance.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

ignis is a fun guild to kill

dabs violently
Jul 27, 2013

oo maybe you're sick. what a loving comeback.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

ITS A WRAP, WAR IS WON

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Hy_C posted:

ignis is a fun guild to kill

Kinda funny, last night i was taming horses and some guy kept killing me repeatedly while i was playing the mini game. He wasn't part of a war dec guild either, just some dick in a guillie suit. However at one point an Ignis guy came over to help me and had a bunch of his guild bros roll up to chase the guy away. No clue why that happened or who any of those people were, but hey whatever.

They seemed like an ok bunch of nice people. However they did kill Dunka by mistake, RIP.

Snatch Duster fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Apr 18, 2016

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007

Hy_C posted:

ITS A WRAP, WAR IS WON

do you really want to play this game

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

GreatestNerdEver posted:

there is no game to play, the game is over

lewtt said we couldn't pull it off, and we did

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

GreatestNerdEver posted:

looks like the game is already over

fake goon tang fakest goon tang

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
grats glug, proud owner of a 24 hour suspension for loitering outside a safe zone after pvp and dying for it

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

I was told that goontangclan ain't nothin to gently caress with. Seems that was nothing more than boisterous bluster.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Hy_C posted:

ITS A WRAP, WAR IS WON

:ducksiren: :frogsiren: :pwn: :ducksiren: :frogsiren:

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
http://i.imgur.com/k7rshRN.gifv

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

25AP? Good lord.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Wilekat posted:

25AP? Good lord.

2.2 billion silver
770 million silver tax

Chewbot
Dec 2, 2005

My Revenge Meat!

Snatch Duster posted:

IPeople on reddit and the official forums think there is bid fail stacking, but it is most likely just pure RNG.

The RNG-fest in this game has made almost every system suspect of witch-craftery, like how some people think horse coat is based on some speculative red, black, white combination even though there's green, yellow and blue horses and it makes no sense.

Above:
TRI: Ogre Ring looked like it cost a measly 2 million silver when I realized it actually says 2 BILLION. Ahahhaha, this loving game. On that note, gear matters WAAAAY too much in BDO. Why I gotta spend literally hundreds of hours on gear RNG just to enjoy some fair player combat?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Hey it's not pay2win, it's just quityourjob2win. Also a little pay2win.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Its ok, that guy is the 1%er of BDO and I am fine with him dumpstering our entire guild in a fight.

You can't say that he didn't earn it.

Chewbot
Dec 2, 2005

My Revenge Meat!

Snatch Duster posted:

Its ok, that guy is the 1%er of BDO and I am fine with him dumpstering our entire guild in a fight.

You can't say that he didn't earn it.

How is grinding for randomized loot drops and randomized upgrades "earned it"? That's literally the opposite of earning it.

Only Slightly Bent
Jul 6, 2013

Chewbot posted:

How is grinding for randomized loot drops and randomized upgrades "earned it"? That's literally the opposite of earning it.

I'm sure he spent far more time grinding than me.

He earned it more than I did.

Chewbot
Dec 2, 2005

My Revenge Meat!

Xzov posted:

I'm sure he spent far more time grinding than me.

He earned it more than I did.

I get the time investment and I'm not gonna turn it into a big debate, but it'd be like someone in Street Fighter doing double damage because they spent 300 hours pressing the "Random bonus" button on the start menu instead of the guy who spent 300 hours fighting other people. Flame all over that if you want. I'm just torn because I really enjoy this game but it's downright impossible for me to get involved in PvP. I just don't have the time for that much active grinding, it's just going to get harder and harder to keep up, and that sucks.

Savage For The Winjun
Jun 27, 2008

Chewbot posted:

I get the time investment and I'm not gonna turn it into a big debate, but it'd be like someone in Street Fighter doing double damage because they spent 300 hours pressing the "Random bonus" button on the start menu instead of the guy who spent 300 hours fighting other people. Flame all over that if you want. I'm just torn because I really enjoy this game but it's downright impossible for me to get involved in PvP. I just don't have the time for that much active grinding, it's just going to get harder and harder to keep up, and that sucks.

if you dont enjoy the game i highly recommend not playing it

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Chewbot posted:

I think you are confused on the type of game you are playing.

BDO is a mmo which requires large amount of time investment, not to get good, but to get gear to be good.

Street Fighter is fighting game that lasts for 3 minutes which requires large amount of time, practicing that same 3 minute fight repeatedly, to get good.

EDIT: its apples and oranges

this better not be a loving quote

Chewbot
Dec 2, 2005

My Revenge Meat!

Snatch Duster posted:

I think you are confused on the type of game you are playing.

BDO is a mmo which requires large amount of time investment, not to get good, but to get gear to be good.

Street Fighter is fighting game that lasts for 3 minutes which requires large amount of time, practicing that same 3 minute fight repeatedly, to get good.

EDIT: its apples and oranges

this better not be a loving quote

In all honesty, it's probably true that since I only have maybe 20 hours/week I shouldn't be playing this game.

Sucks for me.

Chewbot fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Apr 18, 2016

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Chewbot posted:

In all honesty, it's probably true that since I only have maybe 20 hours/week I shouldn't be playing this game.

Sucks for me.

lol! Thats the amount of time I actively play as well.

If you want to be the 1% yea, that ain't happening but there is still a lot of fun to be had in the bottom 99%.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I like when PVP is balanced by skill not gear as well. There's no harm in wishing it where like that vs. what we have in BDO. I hate that gear trumps everything. Thankfully there are other fun time wasters in this game too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Only Slightly Bent
Jul 6, 2013
Snatchd is in the bottom 99% and has a better weapon than me :negative: