Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
YtG: Did I get lucky or is this fight just a gimmick? I found it strange that the boss has a transformation midway through the fight that doesn't make it any harder, since you don't need to go near him and he's easy to dodge. I just used the Storm Ruler, dodged and repeated a few times. I'm a bit disappointed that it wasn't a proper battle because it seemed based on appearances that it was going to be an intense one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Lakbay posted:

Anri isn't dead, you can see them in the Usurper ending kneeling to you as you do your Lord walk

Uh, no you can't.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

TGLT posted:

edit: Also everyone should Dried Fingers in Road of Sacrifices. It is a good time for everyone involved.

I'm watching Northernlion do this on a stream right now and it's the craziest poo poo. More like a Chivalry match than Dark Souls.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Can you farm titanite scales? And if so, how hard/annoying is it?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Vargs posted:

I'm watching Northernlion do this on a stream right now and it's the craziest poo poo. More like a Chivalry match than Dark Souls.

Not enough screaming for that.

EDIT: Game needed the Bloodborne roar emote.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Why does everyone assume there are two crows? :confused: I know there were two in DS2, but they clearly spoke with very different voices. A crow can be allowed to like two things right? Or am I going deaf and there are two distinct voices?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I killed Horace, where can I find Anri next to continue her questline? Not sure where she's at.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Dumb question, have you always been able to see Purple Bro summons while Not Embered? I was futzing around the Wall again to see if an enemy I just unlocked the door too respawns, and I saw a purple sign by the first bonfire (It's gone now though).

If that wasn't just some passing glitch, then I guess Purp Bro's Co-Op niche would be "Helping people too cheap to use an Ember"?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

RBA Starblade posted:

I killed Horace, where can I find Anri next to continue her questline? Not sure where she's at.

She's at the 3rd bonfire in the Church of Yorshka. Chillin by the bonfire.

Calipark
Feb 1, 2008

That's cool.
Anyone else on PC getting nothing but stiff animationless summons / invasions after that latest patch? It makes the game neigh unplayable.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Your Computer posted:

Why does everyone assume there are two crows? :confused: I know there were two in DS2, but they clearly spoke with very different voices. A crow can be allowed to like two things right? Or am I going deaf and there are two distinct voices?

It's because the crows says "me, me," in each sentence and they think its telling its name. But it's not. It's saying what kinds of items it wants, though I'm still not quite clear on what those are.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Well, Yhorm the Giant was a humongous pushover.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Tamayachi posted:

Having never completed Dark Souls 1, I thought I read people saying he had similar attacks/moves as Gwyn

second phase does and plays the theme.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Your Computer posted:

A crow can be allowed to like two things right?

incorrect

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

She's at the 3rd bonfire in the Church of Yorshka. Chillin by the bonfire.

Thanks, didn't know if I needed to talk to her again in the catacombs or not.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Won a 1v4 just now in catacombs, thanks terrain!

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Just got this game because dark souls, how bugged is it?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

KillerQueen posted:

Just got this game because dark souls, how bugged is it?

Not at all?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I'm watching EpicNameBro's playthrough of DS3 and arrghh he's so unobservant :( This is the guy who writes official guides for the Souls games? Is pals with Miyazaki? Presumably makes money off of being a Souls buff?

I was looking forward to seeing someone really pick everything apart but he didn't even notice stuff like the heaping tower of Fire Keeper corpses.

Crows are very smart, I think they deserve more than two things :colbert:

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Finished making the DS3 death reel of my Japanese version playthrough.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JSkoByfwo0 (Area 1-6)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ijlk7QWrgQg (Area 6-9)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2r-qeNjl4I (Area 9-end)

A bunch of deaths never got captured right, but that first lap Iearned that I have to be more patient and take my time, be a pinch more careful, gotta stop trying to run past packs that I should draw out one by one, I should use alluring skulls and that the input-queue time is the real killer.

Now to get working on PvP videos.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
Every world I've invaded has had the host + 2 phantoms.
Why.
I just want to get some 1 on 1 fights, dammit. PvP is fun, PPPvP isn't.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

punk rebel ecks posted:

Well, Yhorm the Giant was a humongous pushover.

Best part of that is reading the item description on the thing you pick up by his throne.

"Oh so you guys don't trust me, huh? Well fine here's a super-cool weapon that could gently caress me up, that''ll show you! There's no way this will come back to bite me in the rear end down the road!"

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbwVKjLiH7o&t=55s

:allears:

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Blaziken386 posted:

Why.

Try putting down a red or purple summon sign instead of invading? Apparently invasions prioritize people with other phantoms in their world, but there's no such restriction on hostile signs.

Obviously you may get summoned by people just summoning every phantom to gank, but like, invasion involves subjecting other people to risk so don't complain about that?

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

Blaziken386 posted:

Why.

In 20+ red eye invasions, every one of them has had at least one phantom. I don't know if it's intended, but it's consistent.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Jerusalem posted:

Best part of that is reading the item description on the thing you pick up by his throne.

"Oh so you guys don't trust me, huh? Well fine here's a super-cool weapon that could gently caress me up, that''ll show you! There's no way this will come back to bite me in the rear end down the road!"

Isn't that the point, though? He's showing the humans that if they don't want him around, they can just murder the hell out of him

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

I just invaded some dude and fought them for like 15 minutes, just kept running around chugging estus and resummoning this same guy. After the host ran out of estus they ran off into a corner and disconnected their internet.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

RBA Starblade posted:

Thanks, didn't know if I needed to talk to her again in the catacombs or not.

you do need to talk to her in both of her catacombs locations

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

RatHat posted:

Can you farm titanite scales? And if so, how hard/annoying is it?

Eventually the vendor NPC will sell an unlimited number of them, but they're pretty expensive for NG.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.
has anyone actually ever had a summon from equipping the darkmoon blade covenant because i've had that poo poo on for like 40 levels and not a single bite! i've given up on it and just sit around waiting to splatter whoever invades me now.

strength is a really good stat and the claymore is a really good weapon, lmao

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Oh my god shield-breaking someone with the Great Machete and then one-shotting them with the riposte is so satisfying.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Manatee Cannon posted:

you do need to talk to her in both of her catacombs locations

I killed the guy after talking to her once, so I'll just poke around then. Thanks!

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Vintersorg posted:

Dammit! Black Knight fell in some lava. Is the loot gone for good? I tried quitting and coming back. Nothing. :(

That only works for 1-off enemies, I think. The knights respawn every time you rest so if you want his drops you can just farm him. That's probably the worst place in the game to farm black knight drops, though.

Luceid posted:

has anyone actually ever had a summon from equipping the darkmoon blade covenant because i've had that poo poo on for like 40 levels and not a single bite! i've given up on it and just sit around waiting to splatter whoever invades me now.

strength is a really good stat and the claymore is a really good weapon, lmao

I get about one blue sentinel summon every 3 hours or so and as far as I can tell the two covenants are exactly the same. I think the ratio of people wearing the Way of the Blue covenant while being invaded vs. people wearing the sentinels/darkmoon covenant is probably pretty low. I never put it on myself since there's no WotB rewards like there were in DS2.

The Moon Monster fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Apr 19, 2016

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Your Computer posted:

but he didn't even notice stuff like the heaping tower of Fire Keeper corpses.

Wait, what? I missed that too.

Appoda
Oct 30, 2013

Your Computer posted:

I'm watching EpicNameBro's playthrough of DS3 and arrghh he's so unobservant :( This is the guy who writes official guides for the Souls games? Is pals with Miyazaki? Presumably makes money off of being a Souls buff?

I was looking forward to seeing someone really pick everything apart but he didn't even notice stuff like the heaping tower of Fire Keeper corpses.

I don't know who that is, but I imagine it's difficult in general to talk to a stream chat/another person and play the game well enough to keep your attention on everything. Lots of people who are pretty great or pretty knowledgeable about video games (including developers who play their own games) completely blow when streaming or recording live.

But like I said, I've never seen his stuff. Maybe he just sucks.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

The Princes are impossible and I think I'm done trying to beat this game.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Burned I'd say nearly a dozen embers after Pontiff thinking you needed them to summon dark spirits. gently caress.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The Moon Monster posted:

That only works for 1-off enemies, I think. The knights respawn every time you rest so if you want his drops you can just farm him. That's probably the worst place in the game to farm black knight drops, though.

I get about one blue sentinel summon every 3 hours or so and as far as I can tell the two covenants are exactly the same. I think the ratio of people wearing the Way of the Blue covenant while being invaded vs. people wearing the sentinels/darkmoon covenant is probably pretty low. I never put it on myself since there's no WotB rewards like there were in DS2.

I always have the way of the blue on when embered (when possible) because the exact moment I ember I am invaded.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
ENB went into Dark Souls 3 completely blind. So it's lot his usual level of knowledge.

I'll give him a pass after he owned poo poo in From The Dark

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.
The Black Knight was a cool and good fight in a cool and good area.