Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

John Murdoch posted:

I wasn't in the beta. :raise:

I guess it was right after release, then- it got removed quick.

I'm going to see about getting a couple other annoying bugs. Pathing in Alesso, the police hearing crates in ED 2, the asset conflict problem for drill time in golden grin...Let me know if there are others you can think of you want addressed.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Apr 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Discendo Vox posted:

2. I just got confirmation in the bur reporting steam forum- we're going to finally get Gensec elite shotgunners in the DW spawn pools. This bug has been in the game since DW was launched, so it will be interesting to see if it effects difficulty. Most folks are saying the enemy stats aren't changed, but it's not entirely straightforward. The Gensec elite shotgunner is equipped with a Benelli, for one thing.

They are already scripted spawns on Hoxton Revenge. As far as I know, damage-wise, they're about the same as shotgun greens; they don't shoot faster. They just have elite health.

clockworkjoe posted:

Aren't there like 6 spawn positions on the roof adjacent to the building you're in? Jesus, there's already like 4 or 5 sniper spawns on the buildings surrounding the roof. Six simultaneous sniper spawns is pretty loving brutal.

Welcome to the real Undercover experience. :getin:

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Yeah Ive tangled with the gensec elite shotgunners on hoxvenge and they are not anything to write home about. They can surprise you and give you a woah moment but they're not checkmate enemies the way a dozer can be. The reality of the situation is that they don't have the ROF to really burst you down and they don't have the health to stick in there. The latter is their big problem, like all rank and file cops. Even blue swat aren't that big of a deal unless they really get the drop on you just because they get erased by a single click.

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
I'm pretty certain those oil 2 shutters can still be activated on 360. They close and most of the main room goes dark. I think you could walk through them on the side right by where the pool table room door entrance is.

There were people thinking the caution stripe outline on the ground was secret related. It was just the outline where the shutters land.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

clockworkjoe posted:

Aren't there like 6 spawn positions on the roof adjacent to the building you're in? Jesus, there's already like 4 or 5 sniper spawns on the buildings surrounding the roof. Six simultaneous sniper spawns is pretty loving brutal.

Just think: That's still easier than PDTH on 145+

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Coolguye posted:

Yeah Ive tangled with the gensec elite shotgunners on hoxvenge and they are not anything to write home about. They can surprise you and give you a woah moment but they're not checkmate enemies the way a dozer can be. The reality of the situation is that they don't have the ROF to really burst you down and they don't have the health to stick in there. The latter is their big problem, like all rank and file cops. Even blue swat aren't that big of a deal unless they really get the drop on you just because they get erased by a single click.

UnknownMercenary posted:

They are already scripted spawns on Hoxton Revenge. As far as I know, damage-wise, they're about the same as shotgun greens; they don't shoot faster. They just have elite health.

I know, but it's suspected (given that it's an M1014 model they're using) that their stats just weren't updated with the DW implementation, because they're completely identical to shotgun greens aside from health

clockworkjoe posted:

Yup. See also (though I haven't pointed it out yet)- the row of blues that spawn on overlooking containers in the second half of Slaughterhouse. Those were probably supposed to be tans, though, thankfully.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

John Murdoch posted:

I swear I've seen this in-game before at least once. But I'm guessing that it was removed circa DW, since it would radically change the pool holdout. It worked like any of the other shutters, requiring the codes from day 1, and activated from a panel located at the back door.

I had heard about this before as well, but I have never seen it.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Psion posted:

Just think: That's still easier than PDTH on 145+

Wasn't undercover also the easiest 145+ heist?

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
the best 145+ is the one that does not exist

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Grapplejack posted:

Not in the slightest, no.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Grapplejack posted:

The order of difficulty, ascending, for 145+ heists is probably something like:

Green Bridge - Scripting exploits made the escape easy, and the beginning and tower defenses were also straightforward because enemy paths are constrained- getting Giant into the tower is the only really hard part.

Diamond Heist - Enemies have a particularly hard time chasing players around the map.

First World Bank - Tight timer, four dozers in the vault, but on the other hand it's a map that's been done a lot.

Slaughterhouse - Really hard combat, but a known quantity for the most part. not moving bags makes some parts of the heist arguably easier than PD2's DW.

Counterfeit - Not impossible, but it had a 1 minute escape timer that required exploiting to clear.

Panic Room - The difficulty of the map was always extreme, but handling the roof defenses required knowing how the scripts for mission objectives worked.

Undercover - Really, really nasty spawn combinations, a constant stream of sniper spawns akin to HM 2, insufficient ammo and health, the map was mostly about running away. Oh, and the escape timer was 45 seconds. The last objective forced one person to start the timer while standing at the computer, so you couldn't cheese it like you can in PD2.

Heat Street - All the problems of normal Heat Street, made much worse. Memorizing all the sniper and possible scripted spawns and manipulating assault waves.

No Mercy - A horrifying meatgrinder-like Heat Street, the map doesn't really work with PD1 combat mechanics. No achievement for it, thank god.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KS31dkUfuLM If anyone likes this high quality video game music rip, there's a mod for it to replace the lower quality Donacdum heard in-game here

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

BillmasterCozb posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KS31dkUfuLM If anyone likes this high quality video game music rip, there's a mod for it to replace the lower quality Donacdum heard in-game here

:regd08:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

I have had the very exact thing happen to me in that exact spot with my crew some time ago. Too bad all of us have too lovely PCs to record, but that spot is cursed I tell ya.

BillmasterCozb posted:

This reminds me, when will Simon move his amazing lazy rear end and mix versions of Pounce, Screech, Home Invasion 2016 and Three Way Deal 2016 that can be added to the soundtrack?

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

:toot:
Alright, I stopped being a lazy fucker and updated GoonMod. If I broke anything let me know and I'll get it fixed up.

http://download.paydaymods.com/download/patchnotes/goonmod/28 posted:

- Updated compatibility to 1.50.x
- Fixed Steam Inventory market shortcuts not being displayed while using GoonMod
- Fixed "Custom GoonMod Skin" showing up in the Steam Inventory page
- Fixed crashing when an assault begins while using a spawn rate mutator (eg. National Guard Response)
- Disabled Realism mode mutator
- Added "Nothing but Blues" (all blue SWAT) spawn mutator from LuciferMorningstar on SomethingAwful
- Added extra checking for making sure world lasers exist to hopefully prevent crashing

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
The weapon customizer still doesn't seem to work for me (attempting to edit the falcon and minigun)

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

New set of 5 achievements with the file prefix "voff".

This prefix hasn't been seen in recent leaks, so it's not anything we were expecting.

"voff" is a scandanavian onomatopoeia for "woof"

:shittydog::shittypop::tem:Undertale tie-in confirmed:tem::shittypop::shittydog::shittydog::shittydog::shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Discendo Vox posted:

New set of 5 achievements with the file prefix "voff".

This prefix hasn't been seen in recent leaks, so it's not anything we were expecting.

"voff" is a scandanavian onomatopoeia for "woof"

:shittydog::shittypop::tem:Undertale tie-in confirmed:tem::shittypop::shittydog::shittydog::shittydog::shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

Clearly it stands for Death Vox On Framing Frame.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
:snoop:

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Discendo Vox posted:

Undercover - Really, really nasty spawn combinations, a constant stream of sniper spawns akin to HM 2, insufficient ammo and health, the map was mostly about running away. Oh, and the escape timer was 45 seconds. The last objective forced one person to start the timer while standing at the computer, so you couldn't cheese it like you can in PD2.

Ah, okay. And I remember you talking about all the poo poo you had to pull just to get through heat street. That map was a loving nightmare even on normal, I can't imagine it on 145+

The original version of undercover put you into custody if you missed the jump to the escape area and fell, right?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
"A Criminal / Always Returns / To the / Scene of / The Crime"

oh boy, another throwback heist?

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
HEAT

STREET

HEAT

STREET

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

If it's green bridge they'd better have the ponchos back.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

BillmasterCozb posted:

"A Criminal / Always Returns / To the / Scene of / The Crime"

oh boy, another throwback heist?

Either that or a remix.

Hoxbreak 2 stealth? :getin:

E:

henkman posted:

HEAT

STREET

HEAT

STREET
I read that in the voice of the Super Hot guy.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Grapplejack posted:

The original version of undercover put you into custody if you missed the jump to the escape area and fell, right?

Nah, it's set up same as in PD2, the jump was just harder. In practice, you wouldn't have time for more than a couple tries before the timer ran out, though.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Grapplejack posted:

If it's green bridge they'd better have the ponchos back.

This is all I want in life.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
If they were gonna implement heist-specific costumes, they would have done it for Counterfeit. I'll bet dollars to doughnuts Bane cracks a joke about getting your suits wet.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Green Bridge remake with Jiro's son as the prisoner.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Announcing the Undertale DLC Pack, a collaboration with Toby Fox.

"Gang, our new client has hired us to bust into an extensive cave system that Murkywater recently took over. Our target is supposed to be some kind of bio-weapon they found down there, a flower or something"

2 new tracks from Toby Fox

3 new melee weapons: blue spear, empty gun, ballet shoes

Masks: RG, Sans, Onion-san, Mettaton

Patterns: Tem Flake, Flowey, Delta Rune, Frisk -_-

Materials: Determined, Spaghetti, Pie, Legendary Artifact

Achievements:

The next day...: Secure the Goatkid and complete the Undertale Heist.

Welly welly well: Solve all the puzzles without using the hacking uplink on Overkill or above.

The friendly criminal caper where no one has to die: Complete the Undertale Heist with no enemies dying by any means on hard or above.

Stay Determined: Complete the Undertale Heist on Overkill or above without anyone going down.

Having a Bad Time: Complete the Undertale Heist on the Death Wish Difficulty.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Apr 19, 2016

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
That's a bad post even for you, Vox.

Besides we already did Under the Mountain.

Concordat fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Apr 19, 2016

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?

Okay gang, you know the drill. That loving doofus got himself busted AGAIN.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

I'm enjoying theorycrafting new builds. Even when they're boring. Flamethrower+RPG Infiltrator spec I don't know if Berserker does/will apply to Flamethrower. If it doesn't, swap out Berserker for Fully Loaded.

To make up for that, enjoy this build built entirely around the Stryc.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Concordat posted:

That's a bad post even for you, Vox.

Besides we already did Under the Mountain.

Hey, there's a reason we got Boiling Point in-between- now we have material for Snowdin.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?
Next heist is to steal a shipment of the latest drug craze: http://www.dawn.com/news/1252264/smoking-dead-scorpions-is-kps-latest-dangerous-addiction

Perhaps we have to go to a scorpion farm and capture them in jars?

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

clockworkjoe posted:

Next heist is to steal a shipment of the latest drug craze: http://www.dawn.com/news/1252264/smoking-dead-scorpions-is-kps-latest-dangerous-addiction

Perhaps we have to go to a scorpion farm and capture them in jars?

:chloe:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
With regards to the voff files, is there a possibility we might be getting police dogs?

Alternatively, a DMX cross-promotion?

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Dr Cheeto posted:

With regards to the voff files, is there a possibility we might be getting police dogs?

Alternatively, a DMX cross-promotion?

DMX becomes a new character and no escape activates untill you secure all the loot on the map.

Cause X gon' deliver.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Tulip posted:

I'm enjoying theorycrafting new builds. Even when they're boring. Flamethrower+RPG Infiltrator spec I don't know if Berserker does/will apply to Flamethrower. If it doesn't, swap out Berserker for Fully Loaded.

To make up for that, enjoy this build built entirely around the Stryc.

Berserker applies to the flamethrower. It only has no application to RPG and grenade launchers.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Berserker does not apply to any projectile weapons other than the crossbows for some reason. That includes the longbow and plainsrider bow in addition to the grenade launchers and RPG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Dr Cheeto posted:

Ooh, good idea. I hope not, though- I don't see payday handling dogs well.