Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Vox Nihili posted:

You won the argument and beat everyone forever, congrats.

Lol :fishmech:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BITCHTITS
Oct 22, 2003

Perry'd

A Winner is Jew posted:

He's still convincing idiots to give him money so probably not.

I've donated my entire life savings! mAtch me!

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
IANAL

B B
Dec 1, 2005

ANAL

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Fojar38 posted:

Can a judge actually order a primary vote to be opened?

I'm pretty sure they can't. The Supreme Court already found closed primaries to be constitutionally sound.

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.
They can do whatever they want, it just wouldn't hold up on appeal.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
Bernie is going to win.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

fishmech posted:

if they had a legitimate grievance with the primary rules, why didn't they try to sue over them months prior?

Because in the last local election, less than a year ago, those people were on the books as registered voters? How would they know to take action until today?

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
So I'm reading reddit and apparently a bunch of registered independents are asking for provisional ballots.

Like, not even "my party was switched" straight up "I know I can't vote in this but I'm gonna do it anyway"

So, who's the voter fraud candidate?

B B
Dec 1, 2005

Immortan posted:

Bernie is going to win.

This is what delusion looks like.

pathetic little tramp posted:

So I'm reading reddit

Why?

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

So I'm reading reddit and apparently a bunch of registered independents are asking for provisional ballots.

Like, not even "my party was switched" straight up "I know I can't vote in this but I'm gonna do it anyway"

investigation shows NY had the highest rate of voter fraud, s4p blames hillary

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

For the record doing this is bullshit. I'm only making a stink because I can go on the official elections site, show registration status as having the proper address and party affiliation, but still had to fill out a provisional ballot due to a made up mailing address.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

nobody is defending this

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

lol i just googled fishmech to see what he looks like and it explains so much.

also bernie is going to win

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx

this has nothing to do with this post but can I just say that every time I see your handle I think "pathetic little trump"?

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

point of return posted:

this has nothing to do with this post but can I just say that every time I see your handle I think "pathetic little trump"?

would pathetic little trump hands be too long of a username

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

Atoramos posted:

For the record doing this is bullshit. I'm only making a stink because I can go on the official elections site, show registration status as having the proper address and party affiliation, but still had to fill out a provisional ballot due to a made up mailing address.

If you really want to push it (you shouldn't have to), you can get a court order to give you a real ballot.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Fullhouse posted:

nobody is defending this

Sure looks like they are.

point of return posted:

Hot gently caress, that's a great idea.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Karl Barks posted:

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Fullhouse posted:

nobody is defending this

The Berniest person I know who lives in NYC just posted something on Facebook encouraging people to do exactly this.

KimotaBoom
Feb 8, 2008
Duck and cover. That's the first thing to do. Duck and cover.
I went to vote in my small upstate town as soon as polls opened and there were like 20-30 people in the democratic line and only 5 republicans the whole time I was waiting in line, which was weird. Two of them made the same joke along the lines of "Wow there sure are a lot of you guys, I hope you don't beat me up ha ha".

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

ok but nobody is defending them

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

Karl Barks posted:

also bernie is going to win

:lol:

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Hot gently caress, that's a great idea.

Bernie's campaign hotline isn't telling people to do this, and he's outright being told "do not sign that you are a registered democrat".

The ballot will be thrown, the law won't be broken,and nothing will change. hardly a smoking gun.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Deki posted:

Bernie's campaign hotline isn't telling people to do this, and he's outright being told "do not sign that you are a registered democrat".

The ballot will be thrown, the law won't be broken,and nothing will change. hardly a smoking gun.

It's rather lovely of TYTs to encouraging independents to go and cast provisional ballots under the illusion that a ruling is coming later today to make them all valid.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
The hearing today is pretty much over and changed nothing. If your registration was wrongly changed, vote provisional. Otherwise, don't vote.

The suits will be handled in a case-by-case county-by-county basis.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

LOL so basically "Bro, we have nothing to do with this why the gently caress are you complaining to us, grab every single county in the state and have them here if you are serious" good luck with that.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
*colors new york gray on primary map*

contested, pending recount or re-vote

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
LOL comparing closed primaries to Jim Crow laws

https://twitter.com/lhfang/status/722504113162821632

Also I hope people didn't commit election fraud by voting as independents on provisional ballots because that's perjury

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Daniel Bryan posted:

Also I hope people didn't commit election fraud by voting as independents on provisional ballots because that's perjury

he's comparing registration deadlines, not closed primaries.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Daniel Bryan posted:

Breaking the law to protest not being allowed to vote is actually good and cool.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

There is no scenario where Sanders voters will be happy, even if their candidate loses the state

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Sanders cannot fail, he can only be failed

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Fullhouse posted:

Weird clerical errors are the reason provisional ballots exist, so elections officials can go back and verify information from those ballots and have them counted. This takes a while, and barring some really exceptional result the primary here will probably be mostly forgotten in a few weeks, so it won't really affect anything

this is correct, there is no need for a lawsuit for provisional ballots to be available

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Atoramos posted:

Because in the last local election, less than a year ago, those people were on the books as registered voters? How would they know to take action until today?

the lawsuit was filed yesterday, by a group created 2 weeks ago to file the lawsuit.

they couldn't be filing suit over something that only was found out today

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

I hate to quote reddit, but lol

quote:

I have DMed the user on the Something Awful forums who claimed to have a vote for Hillary App from the Clinton Foundation, he said he will take a picture and send it to me. Will keep thread updated.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Xandu posted:

lol

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Xandu posted:

:kiddo: too perfect for this world