Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

In Training posted:

I want to play one of these but only if I had the bonkers rear end steel battalion controller rejiggered to work with AC. I'm also hoping that the new project is a new armored core and I'll just jump in the series then

I think I read somewhere the plan is an Armored Core game and then a new Souls IP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

I want to play one of these but only if I had the bonkers rear end steel battalion controller rejiggered to work with AC. I'm also hoping that the new project is a new armored core and I'll just jump in the series then

its basically like Appleseed, the game. i think miyazaki likes manga haha.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

NickRoweFillea posted:

I think I read somewhere the plan is an Armored Core game and then a new Souls IP.

"With regards to Armored Core, there are several barriers that From Software as a whole needs to overcome in order to give new games to the fans. If the fans out there really want that, I suggest contacting Bandai Namco.

But yes, I do want to work on something new, and I’m pleased to hear people are interested in seeing that."

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I had one of those steel battalion controllers it was sick

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

NickRoweFillea posted:

Mid-late game spoilers: How in the gently caress do I deal with Aldrich's arrow spell for real

this was the boss who i kileld at the same time he killed me because he started charging the arrows and i panicked and i ran straight at him through the fire hoping it wouldnt stun me, and i got him just as it went off

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

lol

Vulich the Subtle
Nov 25, 2012

Paul is unimpressed by the glories of the Host.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

NickRoweFillea posted:

It's more the first one that gets me. I get so caught up in the old blood frenzy that I attack till I"m out of stamina, then poof.

Yeah that boss fight really beats the blood frenzy outta you. Can't burn all your stamina sprinting across the stage either.

Brb gonna make a extremely high stamina character

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

i found this message in front of the Notched Whip :eyepop:

sexual Norm
Aug 23, 2007

It's like shaking hands with a professional armwrestler.
i tried out a luck / hollow weapon build. with a hollow weapon and shield maxed out it's +10 luck, so you only have to put 30 in luck to get the softcap.

so far i'm using warden twinblades w/ carthus rouge and the bleed damage is disgusting and procs extremely quickly, although i'm pretty sure maxed and buffed sellswords are in the same ballpark, damage-wise. the luck scaling is like 1 damage per luck level, but it also doesn't decrease the total scaling too much. still getting 3 damage per level with dex. altogether it seems pretty funny for status effect builds or maxing damage on a quality build. i have a bleed notched whip in my offhand for shield people, but it usually gets me killed.

also hollow weapons apparently increase your curse / bleed / frost / poison resistance by a lot, i think, because i can stand in the grand archive hands for like fifteen seconds without being cursed

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Twin princes is loving sick. Time for the secret area :twisted:

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

lmao

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Concurred posted:

i found this message in front of the Notched Whip :eyepop:

a message in front of that in my game was "time for love..."

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

NickRoweFillea posted:

I think I read somewhere the plan is an Armored Core game

omg gently caress yes

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Wicked

My luck is average but it took forever to get leeches on me.

I'm convinced it factors into mercy damage, too. Where you survive an attack that should kill you

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

Wicked

My luck is average but it took forever to get leeches on me.

I'm convinced it factors into mercy damage, too. Where you survive an attack that should kill you

Yeah there was a streamer that was running a high luck build and he kept scraping by with 1 hp a lot, also sometimes hits did no damage

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Aldrich's magic is really driving me up the wall. I could probably equip something with a higher resist, but I will never betray Fashion Souls ideals.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

NickRoweFillea posted:

Aldrich's magic is really driving me up the wall. I could probably equip something with a higher resist, but I will never betray Fashion Souls ideals.

dodging the arrows is like dodging a tornado - use your roll iframes to travel backwards through their path just as they start and they will race away from you at speed

Soral
May 30, 2009

the tracking arrows are trivial to dodge just by jogging around the room for a couple seconds. aldrich cant touch you while youre doing this either unless you're right on top of him, since his other spells dont have powerful enough tracking to hit a target moving like that either

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Did the ps4 patch ever come out. Im still on 1.03 and whenever i check for update it says im up to date but the note on the title says the patch was yesterday

Vulich the Subtle
Nov 25, 2012

Paul is unimpressed by the glories of the Host.

In Training posted:

Did the ps4 patch ever come out. Im still on 1.03 and whenever i check for update it says im up to date but the note on the title says the patch was yesterday
i think they meant calibrations

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

it should say patch 1.03 and then 1.04 for the thing under it. no download

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

yeah thats it. ty. pontiff keeps killing me so i will probably take a break.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

NickRoweFillea posted:

AC:FA is really fun, I had a friend in college who couldn't get enough of it.

For Answer is ownage.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/steamforged/dark-soulstm-the-board-game

It's up. I'm going to kickstart the dark souls board game. Visions of 2012 ahead.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
me>>> <<<lorian and lothric

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i cant deal with this guys second phase at all. brutal stuff. i get to every time now after about 10 attempts.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

In Training posted:

i cant deal with this guys second phase at all. brutal stuff. i get to every time now after about 10 attempts.

I died a few times to him at first cause I was too aggressive. wait for him to leave an opening and the phantom will generally stay together with him so you really only end up having to fight one person who just doubles all their attacks as long as you keep your spacing and positioning right. you might already be doing that though so idk :shrug:

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

very sad that online does not work at all for me

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

apropos to nothing posted:

I died a few times to him at first cause I was too aggressive. wait for him to leave an opening and the phantom will generally stay together with him so you really only end up having to fight one person who just doubles all their attacks as long as you keep your spacing and positioning right. you might already be doing that though so idk :shrug:

my strat has been to nuke it with fire but maybe it's easier if I leave it alive

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
if you keep it so they stay sort of close, a lot of times you can end up hitting both

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
I went in to pontiff at first like it was a dps race and I just had to kill it super fast but after a couple tries I realized that if I just played defensively and took my time, all his moves leave openings and the phantom really doesnt get in the way too much, just shortens the window for your openings a little bit

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Action Tortoise posted:

run til it runs out. i thought it was a set path but it tracks you.

i believe that in his first phase it picks out an arc depending on where you are, and in phase 2 it tracks just a little bit slower than you can run

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

its a rough fight. but its maybe the best dark souls fight ever. bloodborne excepted

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

its a rough fight. but its maybe the best dark souls fight ever. bloodborne excepted

It's such a good and simple idea for a boss, really. It's awesome

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You learn the patterns, the openings, you know when the capitalize, and then you get to the second form expecting an ultra power up, and now it just happens twice at once. perfect stuff

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

The run up to Lorian and lothric is almost worse than the stairs at ancient dragon. At least you only gotta do it oncw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Benny D posted:

The run up to Lorian and lothric is almost worse than the stairs at ancient dragon. At least you only gotta do it oncw

I actually missed the shortcut because I'm an idiot so I need to do it again

• Locked thread