Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

Cow Bell posted:

Self sufficiency, a love of scanning bordering on the obsessive, a desire to PVP, and probably the ability to fit a cloak.

edit: vyst's answer is better

Hahahahaha.

Interest in group PVE, rolling holes for wolf rayets, a dominix or rattlesnake (preferably both), a neutral Corp alt for logistics, and Tuesdays and Thursdays nights free.

:frogcawg:

Honestly, if you're interested in wormholes and pvp, please join hole squad and do PVP. I've lived in wormholes basically the entire time I've been playing eve and it's amazing fun. I wish they would nerf the hell out of the sleeper sites, though, so it wouldn't be such a powerful lure to the theta squad inside all of us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

ullerrm posted:

Because someone in AASHole asked me what the best skins were:

I own all but one of these :(

yo poo poo dont load son

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

yo poo poo dont load son

It's you dad. Reset your router.

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

Dr. Pangloss posted:

Hahahahaha.

Interest in group PVE, rolling holes for wolf rayets, a dominix or rattlesnake (preferably both), a neutral Corp alt for logistics, and Tuesdays and Thursdays nights free.

:frogcawg:

:eyepop:

:laffo:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
no it loads fine if i go to ye olde web page directly, but it doesn't work tagged

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

no it loads fine if i go to ye olde web page directly, but it doesn't work tagged

I don't understand your mysterious ways of "tagged". Teach me.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
[img]

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014

:aaaaa:

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

ullerrm posted:

Because someone in AASHole asked me what the best skins were:

I own all but one of these :(

The Nugoeihuvi caracal's pretty sweet too.
Unless they finally added a better caracal skin.

Fureil
Jul 7, 2012

Dr. Pangloss posted:

Hahahahaha.

Oh no. I've never set foot in anything larger than a battlecruiser on my old and long lost account. Current account can only really get into cruisers and not very effectively yet.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
So yeah, I have a fully fitted tech 2 Domi in some station in Delve. Can I sell it/put it on contract without having to enter the station? Or is it locked for good?

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So yeah, I have a fully fitted tech 2 Domi in some station in Delve. Can I sell it/put it on contract without having to enter the station? Or is it locked for good?

The technical classification for that ship is "write-off."

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Moatman posted:

The Nugoeihuvi caracal's pretty sweet too.
Unless they finally added a better caracal skin.

(Raata Sunset Caracal)

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I still have a belt ratting harbinger in 319.

Fun fact during Delve 1 when we had pushed BoB to NOL, I used to rat in a small deadend system called N8D9, which it turns out I was sharing with a Nyx. He ganked me once. I felt honored.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Best one yet :3:

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

You can, but you'd have to fly down to Delve to do it Not worth the effort without a jump clone and a day you don't plan on logging in otherwise.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

evilweasel posted:

You can, but you'd have to fly down to Delve to do it Not worth the effort without a jump clone and a day you don't plan on logging in otherwise.

Conveniently I do indeed have an old jump clone in Delve! Just not in that station. So what will I need to do to sell it once I jump down?

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

DisgracelandUSA posted:

No one that uses bombers isn't criminal sec status. The reasoning because if you're not criminal, just use talos for better damage instead. You also (I'm p. sure) cannot cloak if you're criminal sec status because you're "in combat" (FacPo is chasing you).

So the solution is, check local, check overview, check dscan. See too many people in system? Jump. See 3-4 throaway point cruisers? Jump. See a poo poo ton of cats/thrashers/brutix/talos/vexors/thoraxes/coercers/bombers OR you see a scan inhib? Jump. If they're further than 14 AU away, they can't reliably chain points to and keep you pinned down while the fleet warps 14.3+ AU in. And if you don't know how to jump before an instalock blackbird gets a point on you, lol, maybe you shouldn't be flying JFs?

Also, the game has never killed a freighter big enough to warrant spinning up enough fresh, clean, gank alts to kill a jump freighter. It's too much work, too much money.

JFs are retarded safe to travel in and are the cancer killing this game.

Remember my only high sec freighters experience? That was the day I vowed to never not just use a jf instead

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

All this talk of hole squad has me intrigued. I've played around in WHs a bit but I'm still not even sure how you can have a community based out of them. How does hole squad fit in with goonwaffe? Are they completely separate? Do they hate each other?

Also, how do markets and industry work in holes, if at all?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Conveniently I do indeed have an old jump clone in Delve! Just not in that station. So what will I need to do to sell it once I jump down?

You can put it on public contracts from anywhere in the region but it probably won't sell. If you have remote trade skills you'll be able to repackage it and put it on the market remotely.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

InternetJunky posted:

All this talk of hole squad has me intrigued. I've played around in WHs a bit but I'm still not even sure how you can have a community based out of them. How does hole squad fit in with goonwaffe? Are they completely separate? Do they hate each other?

Also, how do markets and industry work in holes, if at all?

Hole squad is made up of SA goons as well as a bunch of other guys from Goonswarm member corps and a handful of guys from other imperium alliances. We don't have beef with goonwaffe since a lot of guys have characters in both waffe and hole violence. Due to the nature of wormhole and POS mechanics, it is basically necessary to have a specific corp for our activities. So for many, hole violence is an alt corp where they can put a character and hang out and try the wormhole life.

For others it's their forever home and they only have characters in hole violence. They're both valid choices. We aren't separate from the alliance. Most of our guys have been in null space doing the Sov war stuff.

Markets don't exist in wormholes, at least not until citadels are released, so sales tend to be small, 1 to 1 trades in space that get organised by posting in our subforum. Industry activity occurs. I know a few people do PI and react gasses, but it's relatively small scale.

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Wormholes is something that I also have wanted to try out ever since they came out. However I have heard its not kind on one account player

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Stevefin posted:

Wormholes is something that I also have wanted to try out ever since they came out. However I have heard its not kind on one account player

It's not impossible but it is easier with 2 accounts. I say that as someone who thinks that 2 accounts is really the minimum number of accounts to do anything in EVE though.

That said, it can be done on one account. If you have a combat character that also has scanning skills, and another character that is in a NPC corp that can fly a DST then it'd be pretty easy.

4th Horseman
Jun 3, 2011
So thanks to a billing error and stupidity on my part, ccp is offering me 12 months or the equivalent in sp

Pretty sure I want the sp. - but im basically a 1 day noob so anyone got an essential list of skills I should get while I learn what's going on?

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

Stevefin posted:

The vast majority of my time in Hole Squad was when I only had one account. It's easily doable.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

4th Horseman posted:

So thanks to a billing error and stupidity on my part, ccp is offering me 12 months or the equivalent in sp

Pretty sure I want the sp. - but im basically a 1 day noob so anyone got an essential list of skills I should get while I learn what's going on?

Wow how did that happen?

Jon Von Anchovi
Sep 5, 2014

:australia:
also most of us big dumb idiots have a DST pilot / freighter pilot or two and happily move poo poo in for people (no scam) if they ask nicely on the subforum

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014

RhoA posted:

The vast majority of my time in Hole Squad was when I only had one account. It's easily doable.

One account, civilian probe launcher and those implants that actually make your scanning worse. I think they are called mid-grade Pleres.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
Darth - What's your opinion on minimum time per week to play if you wanted to live in a wormhole and still get something out of it? I'm not talking about minimal time commitment to optimize living in a C5 or whatever, but can a casual play for 30 minutes in a week and not be constantly overtaken by events?

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

RhoA posted:

the problem with wormholes is that the "good stuff" is either multiplayer or multibox; if you're fine to log on just for ops it's fine, otherwise doing stuff solo isn't so great

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

4th Horseman posted:

You don't have to spend it all right away.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Ynglaur posted:

Darth - What's your opinion on minimum time per week to play if you wanted to live in a wormhole and still get something out of it? I'm not talking about minimal time commitment to optimize living in a C5 or whatever, but can a casual play for 30 minutes in a week and not be constantly overtaken by events?

As long as you're not soloing, and your wormhole buddies are reasonably active you might be able to do it. You won't be making any respectable money in a wormhole with just 30 mins/week, hell, nothing in EVE will make you decent money with that time investment except for moon mining.

You run the risk of there being ~nothing to do~ because the wormholes you have connect to dead systems or something, or the wormholes are cashed out and noone bothered to reroll them, but wormhole life is very much a you get out what you put in playstyle. If you put in 0 time, you will have 0 fun.

4th Horseman
Jun 3, 2011

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Wow how did that happen?

When I trialed 3 years ago I subbed 6 months recurring. But I never played past two weeks, I think I got a job offer and a move of city, so eve just fell by the wayside. Ccp looked at logs and determined my last login and the sub stopped after a year when I got a new cc.

So I've been looking at what to drop it all on whatever to be helpful in whatever goons need now and to make enough isk for plex. Where to start? :shrug:

In the process of resubbing and getting access back to goonswarm forums now.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Ynglaur posted:

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

If you put in 0 time, you will have 0 fun.

This.

While it's possible to have 30 minutes of fun here or there, you'd probably find yourself doing mostly solo stuff (and not much of it) and like anything in eve: the best stuff is what you do with other people. Having said that, if your 30 minutes of play coincides with a ping that there's an unsuspecting orca in our static, you will have plenty of fun.

Honestly the most "successful" wormholers in my opinion are self starters who make themselves known to others in the corp so it's easy to get other people to tag along with what you want to do.

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

To save a hell of a lot of hassle dump as many into your score skills like space ship command, engineering, gunnery, drones, and so on. depending on how much you have, also throw in some skills to be able to fly and fit ships so you do have something to do

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

evilweasel posted:

You can put it on public contracts from anywhere in the region but it probably won't sell. If you have remote trade skills you'll be able to repackage it and put it on the market remotely.

Even at fire sale prices?

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

Dr. Pangloss posted:

One account, civilian probe launcher and those implants that actually make your scanning worse. I think they are called mid-grade Pleres.

:pusheen:

Landsknecht posted:

the problem with wormholes is that the "good stuff" is either multiplayer or multibox; if you're fine to log on just for ops it's fine, otherwise doing stuff solo isn't so great

I did plenty of scanning and scouting with one account, but you have a point. I spent many hours watching POSes for movement and would end up missing the ganks on things. I like finding targets and generating content for others though, so it didn't bother me.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
I'm almost ashamed to admit I went on my first DBRB fleet.

It was fun as gently caress tossing PHordes poo poo in while they whelped things to us. :black101:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Hey with all the talk of incursions, can I still literally print money while sitting in a legion? I remember when they first rolled around we'd have a bunch of legions and one or two healer ships or whatever and we'd finish sites fast enough that I made something like 300m/HR (it may have been 100m or 500mil, this was a long time ago)

What do people do for them now a days?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

4th Horseman
Jun 3, 2011

Stevefin posted:

To save a hell of a lot of hassle dump as many into your score skills like space ship command, engineering, gunnery, drones, and so on. depending on how much you have, also throw in some skills to be able to fly and fit ships so you do have something to do

I looked up the core skills on eve uni.

Got 20 million to spread out

• Locked thread