Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

VideoGames posted:

I feel so noobish. I have been doing everything slightly incorrectly.
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > The MMO HMO > Eve Online: I have been doing everything slightly incorrectly.

You know what you must do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
The problem with GSF moving in to a wormhole is you'd still just have like 30 dudes who actually want to go fly space ships and 2000 dudes who want to rat or whatever.

It doesn't matter what you have for trufflepigs and content creators when that chain is just going to get rolled so clay haakari can rat the c3.

causticBeet fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Apr 20, 2016

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

causticBeet posted:

The problem with GSF moving in to a wormhole is you'd still just have like 30 dudes who actually want to go fly space ships and 2000 dudes who want to rat or whatever.

It doesn't matter what you have for trufflepigs and content creators when that chain is just going to get rolled so clay haakari can rat the c3.

There's an intermediate option: Thera. GSF becomes the Astronomican.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Helicon One posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > The MMO HMO > Eve Online: I have been doing everything slightly incorrectly.

You know what you must do.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Welp, after about a month of considering it I'm back in this poo poo game. Thankfully I was in Jita when I quit 5 years ago. I do have a fully fitted Domi in some station in Delve. Is there any way to sell that poo poo without having to enter the station?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
http://i.imgur.com/MjFnNv7.webm

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?
drat deadtear, r/eyebleach ain't got poo poo on you.

Xolve fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Apr 20, 2016

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

ullerrm posted:

The logistical problems of moving GSF into Thera would be immense, and alliance money would be problematic at best but holy poo poo it would be a new generation of The Eye of Terror.

It's totally unworkable though, cramming thousands of goons into a single system would be a god drat nightmare.

User0015
Nov 24, 2007

Please don't talk about your sexuality unless it serves the ~narrative~!
Whats the usual turn around time after signing up for the GF forums and waiting for someone to push the accept button?

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

User0015 posted:

Whats the usual turn around time after signing up for the GF forums and waiting for someone to push the accept button?
A time directly proportional to how many times you post here asking for it.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

The logistical problems of moving GSF into Thera would be immense, and alliance money would be problematic at best but holy poo poo it would be a new generation of The Eye of Terror.

It's totally unworkable though, cramming thousands of goons into a single system would be a god drat nightmare.

only if there's no missions :unsmith:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

User0015 posted:

A day or 3. If it's been more than 3 days and you are absolutely positive that you did everything right, and it's not a holiday weekend or something, shoot newbies@goonfleet.com an e-mail asking about your access. Even though Vyst posts here a lot, I have heard he does have a real life that is not posting on the internet and poo poo.

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

ullerrm posted:

While its unworkable for the entire alliance, I would absolutely be down for a squad that lived in Thera and dropped on people all over the map.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

gwrtheyrn posted:

It's like the gank fleet could be literally anyone in injected, cloaked stealth bombers :confused:

You'd have to really be a big target for someone to bother doing this or be really dumb because it's a pretty expensive setup

No one that uses bombers isn't criminal sec status. The reasoning because if you're not criminal, just use talos for better damage instead. You also (I'm p. sure) cannot cloak if you're criminal sec status because you're "in combat" (FacPo is chasing you).

So the solution is, check local, check overview, check dscan. See too many people in system? Jump. See 3-4 throaway point cruisers? Jump. See a poo poo ton of cats/thrashers/brutix/talos/vexors/thoraxes/coercers/bombers OR you see a scan inhib? Jump. If they're further than 14 AU away, they can't reliably chain points to and keep you pinned down while the fleet warps 14.3+ AU in. And if you don't know how to jump before an instalock blackbird gets a point on you, lol, maybe you shouldn't be flying JFs?

Also, the game has never killed a freighter big enough to warrant spinning up enough fresh, clean, gank alts to kill a jump freighter. It's too much work, too much money.

JFs are retarded safe to travel in and are the cancer killing this game.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

DisgracelandUSA posted:

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

DisgracelandUSA posted:

safe cyno transport was hardly new with JFs, they just introduced them as an alternative to the old methods that they nerfed, like carriers full of itty 5s full of GSCs

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

DisgracelandUSA posted:

p sure all the retarded nerfs to 0.0 are that, boney

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

A day or 3. If it's been more than 3 days and you are absolutely positive that you did everything right, and it's not a holiday weekend or something, shoot newbies@goonfleet.com an e-mail asking about your access. Even though Vyst posts here a lot, I have heard he does have a real life that is not posting on the internet and poo poo.

I don't even do Auth stuff anymore so you're right about the real life stuff

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

p sure all the retarded nerfs to 0.0 are that, boney

I miss the days of two JBs per system :(

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

vyst posted:

I don't even do Auth stuff anymore so you're right about the real life stuff

Did they hand that poo poo back to Cap? No wonder the wait times went up :420:

Fureil
Jul 7, 2012

VideoGames posted:

:blush:

And in regards to the corp I just sort of made one because I wanted to see RVCMF by my name :3:

I haven't the first clue about running one or doing proper eve things with it.
I've been writing bulletins for myself and accidentally putting money into random wallets.

Offer still stands. If you want some dudes to shoot space rocks with I'm sure some of us would gladly join you.

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

Dr. Pangloss posted:

While its unworkable for the entire alliance, I would absolutely be down for a squad that lived in Thera and dropped on people all over the map.

Hey that sounds familiar...

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

causticBeet posted:

When there's a will there's a way guys. Everyone thinks they've got THE REASON why it wouldn't work, but does not even expend one iota of effort thinking "well hmm, how would we address the problem I am thinking of?" before posting.

It's all about subdivision and intelligence with wormholes. The more of wormhole space we conquer, the more we choke off from the pubbies that roam it, and the more our options grow in terms of transport chains. Too many dudes in system? Go find another C4 with a C3 static, set up a medium citadel, and assign ~30 active PVE-minded goons and be like "this is yours."

Those PVE dudes come under siege? Then you have one of the PVP-minded holes dispatch either a SwordFleet or NarcoSub fleet (which are loving perfect for wormholes by the way, since they hardly consume any of a wormhole's collapse mass.) The fleet zips down the chain to the PVE hole and lends a massive numbers advantage to any one that tries to gently caress with us.

On that note: just think about how loving brutal NarcoSubs in particular would be in wormhole space. Uncloaking and suddenly alpha'ing blingy pubbies' poo poo without local to warn them. The tear fountain would be an absolute deluge.

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

causticBeet posted:

Well the good news is that now you don't have to suffer through Clay Haakari any more.
The bad news is that now I have to. :negative:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

ivana

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
http://i.imgur.com/XLpS2W9.webm

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Siets posted:

When there's a will there's a way guys. Everyone thinks they've got THE REASON why it wouldn't work, but does not even expend one iota of effort thinking "well hmm, how would we address the problem I am thinking of?" before posting.

It's all about subdivision and intelligence with wormholes. The more of wormhole space we conquer, the more we choke off from the pubbies that roam it, and the more our options grow in terms of transport chains. Too many dudes in system? Go find another C4 with a C3 static, set up a medium citadel, and assign ~30 active PVE-minded goons and be like "this is yours."

Those PVE dudes come under siege? Then you have one of the PVP-minded holes dispatch either a SwordFleet or NarcoSub fleet (which are loving perfect for wormholes by the way, since they hardly consume any of a wormhole's collapse mass.) The fleet zips down the chain to the PVE hole and lends a massive numbers advantage to any one that tries to gently caress with us.

On that note: just think about how loving brutal NarcoSubs in particular would be in wormhole space. Uncloaking and suddenly alpha'ing blingy pubbies' poo poo without local to warn them. The tear fountain would be an absolute deluge.

I don't know poo poo about wormholes, but I think it would be fun to give it a try. I've always been curious about wormholes but I've always heard it was :effort: which I'm pretty allergic too.

You'd probably have to set up some more "classes" for people like me who know little to nothing about wormholes but are eager to learn.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

My protégé Ivana twinkle runs it now

madjack
Dec 31, 2013

Xolve posted:

That was the NEO.

oh god, who let firv near pvp?

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Dalael posted:

I don't know poo poo about wormholes, but I think it would be fun to give it a try. I've always been curious about wormholes but I've always heard it was :effort: which I'm pretty allergic too.

You'd probably have to set up some more "classes" for people like me who know little to nothing about wormholes but are eager to learn.

Yeah I mean my whole point is that with wormholes (just like nullsec), the more dudes/dudettes you have devoted to it, the easier it becomes by several orders of magnitude. Years ago it used to be tough, but there's so many fantastic wormhole mapping apps, ship options, citadels, etc. available nowadays. Beside learning how to scan, training a few scanning skills to 3 and 4, and reading a short wiki entry on how wormhole collapse/respawn mechanics work, that's basically all you need to get started. All of the PVE content in wormholes is extremely well documented these days as well.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
for something different, it made me laugh which is good enough

http://i.imgur.com/bNQlJ4T.webm

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...

ullerrm posted:

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

:getin: :kheldragar:

Let's do it.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Alternatively join hole squad cause we need the people

Like seriously this isn't actually a joke post. Things have gone upside on us, we got 4 logi and no DPS today when pinged for formup.

edit: that is to say 4 logi and my hictor

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
I hope you guys manage to turn it around.

Fureil
Jul 7, 2012

Venom Snake posted:

Like seriously this isn't actually a joke post. Things have gone upside on us, we got 4 logi and no DPS today when pinged for formup.

What would one need to be useful to hole squad?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Fureil posted:

A hatred for people and eve online and the mittani.

Cow Bell
Aug 29, 2007

Fureil posted:

Self sufficiency, a love of scanning bordering on the obsessive, a desire to PVP, and probably the ability to fit a cloak.

edit: vyst's answer is better

Jon Von Anchovi
Sep 5, 2014

:australia:

Fureil posted:

A pulse

From there we can guide you.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Venom Snake posted:

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

I hope you guys manage to turn it around.

I'm cleaning holesquad ' s inactives out this weekend, we've got people coming back from the k-space war front and the directorate is highly motivated to reindoctrinate everybody into the way of the sqwid. The next couple of months are going to be great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Because someone in AASHole asked me what the best skins were:

I own all but one of these :(

• Locked thread