Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bengy81
May 8, 2010
If you get on it early enough in the year, like February to March on a lot of places. Lawncare companies will put out some really good deals with the hopes of roping you into a service plan for a full season. Last year my neighbor got his yard power raked and aerated for 75 bucks I think.

My front yard died again over the winter, so whenever the snow melts I'm gonna kill everything (weeds etc) and either rock it over or plant some sort of low water ground cover.

I'm really looking at a product called dog-tuff grass, but I haven't had much of a chance to do research on it yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Yeah that's my other problem, my dog is killing my backyard with her piss. Dad problems.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Rad Lieutenant posted:

But if I hired a landscaper I'd have to give him the gate code to beanieacres :ohdear:

My wife wants to fully fence in and gate our new place. Sounds cheaper to just put in an invisible fence and collars on the kids.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

LingcodKilla posted:

I look forward to drinking beers while wearing a sombrero watching my hopefully white gardeners slave away.

the ultimate role reversal!

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨
Elizabeth Banks as Rita Repulsa for the 2017 Power Rangers movie.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
time to rock the gently caress out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wBid6HlGL8

:black101::rock:

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

I ran into a guy I had been friends with all the way through middle and highschool standing outside walmart. I hadn't seen him since I enlisted in 08 and didn't even recognize him until he started waving at me. We hung out for a few minutes and he tells me he lost his job and is homeless now. Wasn't expecting find out anything like that while I was getting groceries. :stare:

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

My high school is a wasteland of people falling on their faces or just horribly underachieving.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

I raise you a fattie approximating my youth jam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKdmWKOvYa4

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

SperginMcBadposter posted:

I ran into a guy I had been friends with all the way through middle and highschool standing outside walmart. I hadn't seen him since I enlisted in 08 and didn't even recognize him until he started waving at me. We hung out for a few minutes and he tells me he lost his job and is homeless now. Wasn't expecting find out anything like that while I was getting groceries. :stare:

and then you were like "get it together grouch. get a job, grouch"

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

and then you were like "get it together grouch. get a job, grouch"

BITCH I LIVE IN A FUCKIN' TRASHCAN!

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Yo, Mr. Sexwale and other dudes with regular Kindles,

Do you guys just convert to .MOBI and select bulk conversion without modifying anything or is there something I should tweak in calibre?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Yo, Mr. Sexwale and other dudes with regular Kindles,

Do you guys just convert to .MOBI and select bulk conversion without modifying anything or is there something I should tweak in calibre?

Bulk convert to .mobi should work just fine.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Whip Slagcheek posted:

My high school is a wasteland of people falling on their faces or just horribly underachieving.

I went to 4 different high schools. hosed if I can remember anyone from them.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Lol if you have a lawn

Double lol if you have a lawn in like Phoenix or 29 Palms or most of CA

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Brb gonna wash my car like 5 times in a row

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Having a well is going to be novel. Does that mean i can take a longer than 2 minute shower now?

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
I had a backyard with a lawn. I killed it. Now we had nearly a week solid of rain and it's all loving weeds I need to kill. :mad:

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

:catstare: what the gently caress are you working for, some slave labor bullshit?

Nah, just a place with lovely maintenance contractors/plumbing (supposedly a couple years back somebody backed poo poo up into an entire building by flushing his phone down the toilet. Security people loved that.)

bengy81
May 8, 2010

ded posted:

I had a backyard with a lawn. I killed it. Now we had nearly a week solid of rain and it's all loving weeds I need to kill. :mad:

Put down a whole lot of corn gluten to stop the weeds from germinating, then kill them all with horticultural vinegar.

Only bad thing is you would have to use plugs or turf if you wanted to replant your yard anytime in the month after putting the corn gluten down.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

ded posted:

I went to 4 different high schools. hosed if I can remember anyone from them.

Hell, I went to one high school and barely remember anybody from it. Probably for the best. I vaguely recall that I was a huge rear end in a top hat and widely despised.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Dad chat--home repair: the dipshit subletter I have put too much weight on a coat hangar that was screwed into the wall. A small chunk of drywall was pulled out. You guys got any advice on how to patch this up?

I'm doing it on my own lest the property manager finds out and charges me out the rear end for it.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

holocaust bloopers posted:

Dad chat--home repair: the dipshit subletter I have put too much weight on a coat hangar that was screwed into the wall. A small chunk of drywall was pulled out. You guys got any advice on how to patch this up?

I'm doing it on my own lest the property manager finds out and charges me out the rear end for it.

Get a drywall patch, some mud, a sander, and try to match the paint.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Speaking of, I will never have kids, but landlord poo poo is pretty dadchat, right?

So I put most of my blood money contracting warbucks towards a rental house. Had a renter for two years who was kind of a doofus and always paid in cash. His lease ended at the start of this month and he moved out without paying his last month's rent, and also left the place trashed to the extent that my homeowner's insurance adjuster cut me a check for $3.1k for vandalism damages. And that's after the $1k deductible.

It gets better/worse. Found out that my renter had been using his buddy's name with me the whole time. He used his buddy's name to pass the rental background check and sign the the lease with. Whether or not his buddy was complicit with this I don't know, but I'm leaning towards yes.

I already gave all the evidence of this identity fraud to the local police, and I saw a lawyer regarding what I can do, so this isn't some meaningless whining E/N post. Action is being taken. Just wanted to give a heads up, if you rent to someone, get multiple forms of ID from them and inspect your place regularly if there is any doubt at all.

Thankfully all of the damage is repairable, but it's going to take some time.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

The Rat posted:

Speaking of, I will never have kids, but landlord poo poo is pretty dadchat, right?

So I put most of my blood money contracting warbucks towards a rental house. Had a renter for two years who was kind of a doofus and always paid in cash. His lease ended at the start of this month and he moved out without paying his last month's rent, and also left the place trashed to the extent that my homeowner's insurance adjuster cut me a check for $3.1k for vandalism damages. And that's after the $1k deductible.

It gets better/worse. Found out that my renter had been using his buddy's name with me the whole time. He used his buddy's name to pass the rental background check and sign the the lease with. Whether or not his buddy was complicit with this I don't know, but I'm leaning towards yes.

I already gave all the evidence of this identity fraud to the local police, and I saw a lawyer regarding what I can do, so this isn't some meaningless whining E/N post. Action is being taken. Just wanted to give a heads up, if you rent to someone, get multiple forms of ID from them and inspect your place regularly if there is any doubt at all.

Thankfully all of the damage is repairable, but it's going to take some time.

Have you considered sucking his dick from the back? Because it sounds like you got rekt.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Stultus Maximus posted:

Get a drywall patch, some mud, a sander, and try to match the paint.

This. It's not that difficult. Hopefully the paint matches or blends well, though.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Have you considered sucking his dick from the back? Because it sounds like you got rekt.

Yeah straight up newbie landlord stupidity on my end, no question. Lots of expensive lessons learned.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

LingcodKilla posted:

Having a well is going to be novel. Does that mean i can take a longer than 2 minute shower now?

Not necessarily, get a drawdown test done on the well.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

If it doesn't flow too well have a guy come drop a couple sticks of dynamite down there to fracture it up, might help, might not, fun either way. :v:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Yeah my new place has a completely separate studio apartment. Looking forward dealing with that to make some side bucks.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

The Rat posted:

Yeah straight up newbie landlord stupidity on my end, no question. Lots of expensive lessons learned.

track him down then show up at his new place in the middle of the night wearing your nods and all your gear queer getup

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Coworker tried to call me five times at 4 in the morning and then beg me to come in early so he could get the day off, then he had the nerve to say "we're supposed to be a team man :qq:" when I told him to knock that poo poo off. I thought age=maturity

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Teflon Don posted:

Coworker tried to call me five times at 4 in the morning and then beg me to come in early so he could get the day off, then he had the nerve to say "we're supposed to be a team man :qq:" when I told him to knock that poo poo off. I thought age=maturity

times like this that i really love my boss

she handles our coverage, she only talks to us when she absolutely needs to, also she comes to me immediately with any OT and doesn't get pissy if i turn it down

it's amazing how much less stress i deal with simply because of that and also how much more willing i am to help her out on the rare occasion she needs short notice coverage

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Surprising how if you treat people like adults and human beings they're more likely to do good work and do more poo poo when actually needed. gently caress THAT, CAPITALISM ALL THE WAY PROFIT MARGINS SHARE HOLDERS GAS THE POOR.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

times like this that i really love my boss

she handles our coverage, she only talks to us when she absolutely needs to, also she comes to me immediately with any OT and doesn't get pissy if i turn it down

it's amazing how much less stress i deal with simply because of that and also how much more willing i am to help her out on the rare occasion she needs short notice coverage

lol

My boss didn't read my email I sent him about my legally mandated training, then called me frantically in the middle of class asking if I could postpone it, which is highly illegal for me to do. This is what happens when your boss is the CFO and only cares about money. But on the flip side he almost never bothers me and that overtime though... eh

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Our overtime is just a signup sheet, goes by seniority and how much you've worked. If you want it, cool. If not, gently caress it someone else will do it. Only time I get forced in is 4th of July and stupid poo poo like Occupy.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Mike-o posted:

Surprising how if you treat people like adults and human beings they're more likely to do good work and do more poo poo when actually needed. gently caress THAT, CAPITALISM ALL THE WAY PROFIT MARGINS SHARE HOLDERS GAS THE POOR.

https://youtu.be/sgpa7wEAz7I

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
I have some serious issues but they're mostly ~opsec~ so yeah. But they are really amateur type things that any manager worth a poo poo would fix, but noooo. We can't pretend to be competent here.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Teflon Don posted:

lol

My boss didn't read my email I sent him about my legally mandated training, then called me frantically in the middle of class asking if I could postpone it, which is highly illegal for me to do. This is what happens when your boss is the CFO and only cares about money. But on the flip side he almost never bothers me and that overtime though... eh

Sounds like you're your own boss and deserve a raise for knowing and understanding all of these regulations and requirements that one can't mystically divine from profiting through child slaughter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
My boss and my team are all really cool people. My boss in particular seems to be even more ruthlessly protective against any tomfoolery since her return from maternity leave. Must be a power mom thing now I guess.

I don't get overtime but I only have to bill out 40 hours a week, so I can spread out my time whenever I want. I also get 15 hours a month of PTO that I get yelled at for not using periodically.

• Locked thread