Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Just got summoned as a blue spirit from the Settlement into the High Wall. I dunno if that's an intended feature and blue summons are just THAT rare, but if it isn't that would be a great way to make it take less time to do anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Actually supposedly the fast and med rolls have the same iframes but fast has more distance. Slow roll has one fewer iframe. But that's just what I read like a week ago in here, no idea the source

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Insurrectionist posted:

That is the bonfire you reach with the elevator I'm talking about, I just know this fight is gonna take me hours to solo and the run->elevator snore is gonna break my back at this rate.

Grab the dragon crest shield and maybe a fire resist ring. That'll really help, although you don't want to rely on in too much, dodge what you can.

Also it'll help on the next boss.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

mound maker is my favorite covenant but i wish there were incentives for a host to risk summoning a purple white sign

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

ShadowMar posted:

mound maker is my favorite covenant but i wish there were incentives for a host to risk summoning a purple white sign

I think they get a vertebra if you die

Also p sure hollow players can summon purples

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Zombies' Downfall posted:

im not sure if that applies to white signs but i know red eye invasions definitely do. that's still not really a good enough incentive to risk it though.

also i think those are red signs, not white. red signs show up while unembered

ShadowMar fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Apr 20, 2016

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

ghostter posted:

is it just me or does the great scythe suck for pvp

People underestimate its range a lot. You can often catch someone coming out of a roll. I like it quite a bit, but I'm sure there are more efficient weapons for dedicated PVP.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

I keep seeing purple signs while not embered so seems so? I've yet to summon one while in such a state.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

I beat the last boss. Yay.

hampig
Feb 11, 2004
...curioser and curioser...

ShadowMar posted:

im not sure if that applies to white signs but i know red eye invasions definitely do. that's still not really a good enough incentive to risk it though.

It might not be an instant fix by itself, but it might be enough if they also let purples get their vertebrae by beating a boss.

Do you mean hollow or unembered? I don't see any purple signs when unembered and have wondered if its because I'm at max hollowing.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
I'm having fun with the Lucerne. What are good infusions to use on it with a DEX build?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
So what the hell is the protocol to heal people? Every time i activate it I kiss 75 percent of the time at least. And then you can't roll cancel. And not that any dark souls game ever did but there's no carving that goes "heal heal heal!"

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
I can see why phase 2 of the Nameless King fight could be fun, but phase 1 is such a badly designed slog that I don't know if I can bring myself to do that boss fight. Pity.

Also, it took me ages to figure out how to get to that boss. :downs:

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

I can see why phase 2 of the Nameless King fight could be fun, but phase 1 is such a badly designed slog that I don't know if I can bring myself to do that boss fight. Pity.

Also, it took me ages to figure out how to get to that boss. :downs:

First stage is actually really easy, once you figure out these two simple tricks that the Lord of Cinder don't want you to know:

1)stand a tiny ways in front of the dragon's head. You can see everything it does and he telegraphs all his moves. Also you do waaaaay more damage hitting the head/neck than hitting the feet.

2)Don't lock on. I'm serious.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

hampig posted:

Do you mean hollow or unembered? I don't see any purple signs when unembered and have wondered if its because I'm at max hollowing.

I meant unembered. Terminology changes ftw

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Alan Smithee posted:

So what the hell is the protocol to heal people? Every time i activate it I kiss 75 percent of the time at least. And then you can't roll cancel. And not that any dark souls game ever did but there's no carving that goes "heal heal heal!"

No one is going to expect you to heal them since very few people co-opers ever do it, so there is no protocol.

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

The Moon Monster posted:

No one is going to expect you to heal them since very few people co-opers ever do it, so there is no protocol.

I did run into a host that played a support healer during Abyss Watchers. It was pretty neat. He managed to place himself right in the middle of things so that we would be getting heals while whacking on things. It was a really interesting playstyle. Can't say much about the efficacy, but it did work.

But you're right. It's all about personal responsibility. No one expect heals, and in fact it's pretty much expected they will never happen.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Chugging healing phantoms was a neat mechanic and it's a shame they got away from it, though it's not a huge deal.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So dancer's set is pretty slick and I'm wearing that now while two-handing the smelter great sword. That looks goofy as poo poo, the set does not go well with a big loving sword. Anyway, I didn't feel like doing the castle because that seems like a big important poo poo thing to do so I was like "I bet this elevator is a shortcut to another place, I'll check that out and finish for the night" go down and there's a horrible monster just chilling in front of the elevator. Boned the gently caress out of that hell hole. Also Karla is a nice lady.

Incidentally I beat the dancer entirely by accident, every time she'd try to hit me she'd miss and just present her rear end in a top hat for a stabbing from the R2 attack of the Smelter UGS. It was very awkward. It was like fighting sif in the first game all over again and just staying under him and cutting his belly open while every attack went right over the head.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Oh I got the butcher's knife. Turns out the best weapon for a mad NPC is the rapier cause it stunlocked the gently caress outta her.

Question: BF managed to kill her by pushing her off a cliff, apparently he can now see the item she dropped stuck on the cliff wall. Any way to reset it's location?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Golden Goat posted:

Oh I got the butcher's knife. Turns out the best weapon for a mad NPC is the rapier cause it stunlocked the gently caress outta her.

Question: BF managed to kill her by pushing her off a cliff, apparently he can now see the item she dropped stuck on the cliff wall. Any way to reset it's location?

Nope, he's hosed.

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

Golden Goat posted:

Yeah, when you reload the area (quit to title and reloading works) the item drops will be placed at the NPCs spawn location.

This only works for NPCs that do not respawn.

Other options are sitting a bonfire, but I believe dying will forfeit things... actually, having said that, I haven't even tried quitting to title, but that's how it worked in DS1.

vvv I don't think so, because I hit the bonfire after kicking the Master at Firelink off a cliff and it popped up just fine at his spawn.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Kiggles posted:

Yeah, when you reload the area (quit to title and reloading works) the item drops will be placed at the NPCs spawn location.

I think if it's registering as on the ground in the side of the cliff it won't be reset.

Kiggles posted:

vvv I don't think so, because I hit the bonfire after kicking the Master at Firelink off a cliff and it popped up just fine at his spawn.

Yeah but he fell fully into the abyss, if it looks like the item dropped inside the cliff, it might stay there.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Kiggles posted:

Other options are sitting a bonfire, but I believe dying will forfeit things... actually, having said that, I haven't even tried quitting to title, but that's how it worked in DS1.

Welp it's gone, gone then.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Being a wizard is awesome. As soon as I put on enough strength for a 100% physical block shield and threw 20 points in vigor and got a +2 raw broadsword.

My magic doesn't do a lot of damage but its fine because the Raw broadsword does and one out of 10 enemies gets 2 shot by magic weapon broadsword. Still deciding what I want my crystal weapon to be.

wizard

praise the sun

Frankly I do more damage with the broadsword than I did with my quality build claymoreat pretty much every point so far. my vit/endurance is way low though compared to what I had on Knight so I'm sure there's real downsides to speccing so deep into INT

its curtains for Kevin fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Apr 20, 2016

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

I've been doing some PVP and Leo Ring Ultra Greatsword counter hits do hilarious amounts of damage. I can do 800+ on an uncharged R2 and rolling R1 does about 350 on my quality build with a Profaned Greatsword. Plus Stomp will poise through even regular Greatsword attacks. Profaned Greatsword is really good.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Is there really no ash that opens up the infusion items to buy? I want to try so many things but if I can't cram Sharps into them it is kind of pointless.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I am now the owner of a Crystal Twin Dragon Greatshield.

Now to get my Int to 60 and push my endurance super high and see what happens...

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
beat a giant tree wielding demon with it

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I suggest everyone give what I call either "Forced Co-op" or "Man Mode Co-op" a try when you get to a large area.

Take way of the blue covenant, dried finger and activate a Seed of Giants which your almost always going to get back from the swarm of invaders coming in, summon phantoms to taste.

Once you activate the dried finger get ready, your going to be invaded 1-2 times per minute and every dead phantom is going to fuel you with flask charges, it's a none-stop orgy of violence and souls, the best part is how many invaders run to hide behind a tough enemy only to realize that tough enemy is gunning for them hard.

The invaders will be forced into co-op killing whatever enemies spawned between the two of you and your blue cops are going to stay around forever as more invaders pour in, I just did the archives from start to finish and made it to the boss door with 350k souls and a dozen dead invaders and my original phantom allies all long dead with a blue cop lasting for 4 invaders before falling and then I 1vs1ed the final invader before the boss door.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
Where can I find Patches if I already beat the deacons? He's not by the lever or in fire link. I assume he's somewhere, because my bro is still sitting in a well waiting for his pants.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

WrightOfWay posted:

I've been doing some PVP and Leo Ring Ultra Greatsword counter hits do hilarious amounts of damage. I can do 800+ on an uncharged R2 and rolling R1 does about 350 on my quality build with a Profaned Greatsword. Plus Stomp will poise through even regular Greatsword attacks. Profaned Greatsword is really good.

I feel two things are missing from the game right now.
Buying infusions and selling excess armor to a merchant like you can weapons.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Hackan Slash posted:

Where can I find Patches if I already beat the deacons? He's not by the lever or in fire link. I assume he's somewhere, because my bro is still sitting in a well waiting for his pants.

Firelink tower.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

selling excess armor to a merchant like you can weapons.

You can.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

Alan Smithee posted:

There can be no jolly cooperation in the combs

If ou want to invade do it here

Handful of invasions, jolly co-op and darkmoons backup all over the place.

Still the same human trash getting revenge for DS1 and 2.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Is there any must have boss soul weapon items?

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Take way of the blue covenant, dried finger and activate a Seed of Giants which your almost always going to get back from the swarm of invaders coming in, summon phantoms to taste.

I've been doing this for the past couple of days. It's easily the most fun thing I've done in any of the Soul's games.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Orv posted:

Firelink tower.

I went all the way up to where the soul is and came back down, but he didn't show up. Is there something else I need to do?

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Nuebot posted:

So dancer's set is pretty slick and I'm wearing that now while two-handing the smelter great sword. That looks goofy as poo poo, the set does not go well with a big loving sword. Anyway, I didn't feel like doing the castle because that seems like a big important poo poo thing to do so I was like "I bet this elevator is a shortcut to another place, I'll check that out and finish for the night" go down and there's a horrible monster just chilling in front of the elevator. Boned the gently caress out of that hell hole. Also Karla is a nice lady.

Incidentally I beat the dancer entirely by accident, every time she'd try to hit me she'd miss and just present her rear end in a top hat for a stabbing from the R2 attack of the Smelter UGS. It was very awkward. It was like fighting sif in the first game all over again and just staying under him and cutting his belly open while every attack went right over the head.

Where do you get the Smelter Sword? I don't even see it on the wiki. Are you talking about the Fume UGS?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

I am getting an unusual number of unable to connects after being summoned in the demon catacomb fire near old demon king. Like more than five times in a row now. Any ideas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Alan Smithee posted:

Is there any must have boss soul weapon items?

Some of the spells are pretty good, and Havel's Ring/Prisoner's Chain are top-tier. Farron's UGS is good, the Candlestick has some niche applications, the Swordspear's lightning ability is brutal, and I hear the Lorian/Lothric swords are good too.